For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

#3106 Post by Insomniac »

Envy661 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:40 pm
I modded out the save system. I agree with him that it should be changed.
Changed, maybe, but I don't think removed outright. And, really...from what I've seen, the ingredients to make all the Savior Schnapps you could ever need are plentiful in the world, and the recipe easy to follow.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#3107 Post by Lief »

I'm not super far in, but the alchemy stations needed to make them aren't extremely common. I'm personally using the same mod Envy is talking about, though the version that still requires you to have a Savior Schnapps in your inventory, it just isn't consumed.

Perhaps a method to introduce "charges" to the Schnapps. Like each one could be used ten times. That'd keep a bit of the "hardcore" feel that the current save system has without making it completely maddening to need to carry twenty bottles of the [censored] if you plan on being out and about for a while.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#3108 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:10 am
Changed, maybe, but I don't think removed outright. And, really...from what I've seen, the ingredients to make all the Savior Schnapps you could ever need are plentiful in the world, and the recipe easy to follow.
Possibly, though alchemy itself isn't very easy. It's the one skill with the biggest learning curve, making it difficult and time-consuming to get into. For an RPG like this as well, I prefer to be able to save anywhere. Losing progress isn't something I like to do, and I'm really here to play it for the enjoyment of the game, not the difficulty. If I wanted that, I'd play more Dark Souls. You lose less in Dark Souls if you die.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3109 Post by Insomniac »

Envy661 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:27 pm
Possibly, though alchemy itself isn't very easy. It's the one skill with the biggest learning curve, making it difficult and time-consuming to get into. For an RPG like this as well, I prefer to be able to save anywhere. Losing progress isn't something I like to do, and I'm really here to play it for the enjoyment of the game, not the difficulty. If I wanted that, I'd play more Dark Souls. You lose less in Dark Souls if you die.
Either the alchemy system is FAR harder than it looks, or my experience cooking for my family is why it looks so easy to me.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#3110 Post by Lief »

I've yet to even dabble with the Alchemy system in it. Only come across one alchemy station that wasn't considered trespassing to use, and I didn't have any of my ingredients with me.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3111 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:11 am
Envy661 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:27 pm
Either the alchemy system is FAR harder than it looks, or my experience cooking for my family is why it looks so easy to me.
It seems easy at first glance, but in the attempt I made, simple things (Like timing being literally a second off) caused me to fail. Though it could have just been because I needed the recipe (was going off the wiki)
But in general, alchemy feels cumbersome and time consuming. Two things I don't normally like in minigame systems in my RPGs.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

KaiserDunk

#3112 Post by KaiserDunk »

Here's what I'm playing right now...

Game: DC Universe Online
Platform: PC

Thoughts: You can create furry characters right from the getgo, including tigers, wolves. and foxes. Using swords and several different flavors of magic.

Game: Hearts of Iron IV

Thoughts: Very detail-oriented grand strategy game, not for casual players or twitch players. Just updated to include China.

Game: CivV

Thoughts: If it hasn't already been done, someone needs to make TwoKinds civs for this game.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3113 Post by Envy661 »

Sea of Thieves. Rockiest of all launches, by far, but definitely a great game with loads of potential. Sadly, we'll have to see where it's at in three months after Microsoft drops the MTs to see how it will hold.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3114 Post by Schrodinger »

Envy661 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:16 am Sea of Thieves. Rockiest of all launches, by far, but definitely a great game with loads of potential. Sadly, we'll have to see where it's at in three months after Microsoft drops the MTs to see how it will hold.
I've seen worse, but this is very bad for Rare and Microsoft. Server issues have gotten so bad that achievements have been suspended.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Darkrider
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#3115 Post by Darkrider »

Well, with my newly built PC, I'm finally able to play GTA 5 and the updated GTA Online.

Though I'm looking at installing War Thunder. Possibly a few more games here and there.

ActiveRadarIsCasul
New Citizen

#3116 Post by ActiveRadarIsCasul »

Currently being a nuisance to all those DEX/INT builds on Dark Souls 3 and pancaking anyone who decides to start a poke fest with me. BKGS ftw
I'd really appreciate it if all you dagger and short-sword users could just not turn the battlefield into a pokefest whenever someone shows up with an ultra-greatsword i.e. me

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3117 Post by Schrodinger »

A friend got me Monster Hunter: World. Well, goodbye for now.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3118 Post by Envy661 »

Shocking as it may sound, I've been playing a [censored] of For Honor. They just had a free weekend and the game was on sale.

At first, I really didn't know what to think of it, and even now, I can't solidly recommend it. You either love it or you hate it. But the multiplayer duel combat is very akin to Dark Souls, so I love it.

Despite Ubisoft's claims, it is in no way genre-defining or anything too new. It is basically an arena fighter with combos and everything, and doesn't change up the formula a ton. It also has up to 4v4 game modes. Dominion is fun af. But at it's core, it's an arena fighter. Fun as it is, next big thing it is not.

Oh, and it's no longer Peer to Peer. (Kinda why I got it)
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3119 Post by Insomniac »

Envy661 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:40 pm Shocking as it may sound, I've been playing a [censored] of For Honor. They just had a free weekend and the game was on sale.

At first, I really didn't know what to think of it, and even now, I can't solidly recommend it. You either love it or you hate it. But the multiplayer duel combat is very akin to Dark Souls, so I love it.

Despite Ubisoft's claims, it is in no way genre-defining or anything too new. It is basically an arena fighter with combos and everything, and doesn't change up the formula a ton. It also has up to 4v4 game modes. Dominion is fun af. But at it's core, it's an arena fighter. Fun as it is, next big thing it is not.

Oh, and it's no longer Peer to Peer. (Kinda why I got it)
I still haven't played it for a couple hundred reasons, but from what I saw when I was somewhat interested, the combat sorta looks similar to Age of Conan.

As for me, I finally got my hands on Split/Second. Lotta luck in the races, solo one lap events require way too much perfection, the rubber banding on the AI is definitely a thing, regardless of vehicle stats, at least as far as I've been able to notice, but I'll know for sure when I get the inevitable car with the best stats. The Air Strike events are highly unfair, but ESPECIALLY the first one with its choke points. The physics are...Havok physics engine, nothing more need be said there. And unlike in Burnout, ramming dudes hurts your speed more than it does anything to them, which sucks a massive flopper. But otherwise, while it's not the best game of 2010, it's far from the worst.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3120 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:40 am
As for me, I finally got my hands on Split/Second. Lotta luck in the races, solo one lap events require way too much perfection, the rubber banding on the AI is definitely a thing, regardless of vehicle stats, at least as far as I've been able to notice, but I'll know for sure when I get the inevitable car with the best stats. The Air Strike events are highly unfair, but ESPECIALLY the first one with its choke points. The physics are...Havok physics engine, nothing more need be said there. And unlike in Burnout, ramming dudes hurts your speed more than it does anything to them, which sucks a massive flopper. But otherwise, while it's not the best game of 2010, it's far from the worst.

The problem I have with Split/Second is, because of Advertisements and deals with Gamestop, Split/Second absolutely BURIED blur in terms of exposure. As a result, one of the best racing games of 2010, and probably of that year up to 2016, was left in the dust due to it's direct competition getting more spotlight time pre-launch. Post-launch, blur actually managed to get off the ground a little bit, but the damage was done. I guess it was like an Overwatch vs Battleborn scenario 6 years earlier, only with the better game taking the hit because the worse game had the bigger budget.

Comparatively, blur is the far superior title. If you haven't, I highly recommend checking it out if you can find it. (I believe it's still sold on Amazon?)
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq