What Are You Currently Playing?

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

#3091 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Jonesy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 pm Made the mistake of getting back into Skyrim and getting completely absorbed by a new character. Twice.

First time is a High Elf mage who fled the Thalmor, focusing exclusively on magical combat. It was a bit mediocre at first with the way magic works in the vanilla work, but I loaded up the Better Magic mod to make it scale better and remain competitive later in the game. I used Hearthfire to build a wizard's lair (complete with greenhouse, library and storage room) deep in the swamps of Hjaalmarch. He married Brelyna from the College of Winterhold, going on to adopt Ram-Ku (an adoptable Argonian hatchling from a mod) and Ma'rakha (an adoptable Khajiit cub from another mod) since they're both minorities least likely to be adopted otherwise. He's become Archmage of the College of Winterhold, destroyed the Dark Brotherhood, helped the Empire win the civil war and had just joined the Dawnguard, before I was hit with the unbeatable urge to make a new character based on some builds I read up on.

The second character I made is an Imperial Vigilant of Stendarr / crusader / witchhunter / bard, using melee combat, archery and restoration magic in combat and using the Become a Bard mod to get money and free accommodation at inns. She's dressed as a Vigilant, with heavy armor boots / gauntlets and magic robes / hood, but I''ll switch to Dawnguard armor later. She's joined the Companions, but will likely refuse to become a high-ranking member due to the Circle's dark secret. Quests about the divines and daedra will be a priority, with the aim of aiding priests and counteracting daedric influence (or, at least, the influence of the 'evil' daedra). I plan on having her switch from Vigilant of Stendarr to the Dawnguard eventually, likely once she's finished the previously mentioned quests for the most part. I also intend to have her marry Moth gro-Bagol from Markath (since I find the idea of a righteous crusader falling for an orc quite interesting), and using Hearthfire to build a sanctum in Falkreath where they operate an impromptu orphanage housing four adopted children (using the multiple adoptions mod).

Ahh.. Skyrim. Been meaning to play that game for years now. Yet that is the kind of game you need to take some vacations to really enjoy...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#3092 Post by Envy661 »

I've pretty much been engaging in Home Decorating in Black Desert Online lately. Got my house almost exactly how I want it (For now) in Heidel.

I tried to start back up into Pillars of Eternity. I don't know what it is. I see the potential for a fantastic game, but I just get bored playing it for some reason. It kind of sucks because I really want to like it, but it just might not be for me.

A friend of mine is thinking of making a Fallout-themed Tabletop system. He's narrowed it down to Seattle, Detroit, and Florida. All three locations could prove very interesting. It made me want to try to convert a game idea I've been sitting on and mowing over for well over a decade now into a Tabletop experience. We'll see if I can get that off the ground. It will definitely be a challenge, but I would really like to do something with my IP. This might be the perfect starting space for it. outside of trying to novelize some of the stories.

Games have kind of lost themselves to me lately. Nothing has really seemed fun to play. Black Desert is "Fun" to dick around in, but the game is shoddily made and has very little actual substance (So par for the course from a Korean-made Freemium MMO). Beyond it, I just haven't been in a gaming mood. I've played a little bit more World of Warships recently, and even helped Slaughter get into it with the help of another one of his friends, but trying to play it solo is a pain. Overwatch has just been a bad experience for me lately. I haven't been doing well comparative to how well I used to do with less experience in the game. I'm a Mei main and it feels like everything I do is just a little off the mark, and I'm not doing as well as I should be. Well, it could be IRL issues affecting me, but I'm not going to get into that here. Just hope I can move forward soon so I can actually enjoy gaming again.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3093 Post by Insomniac »

Not playing because still don't have something I can play it on, but watching a competently done playthrough in progress of KINGDOM COME: DELIVERANCE! And it looks heckingn AMAZING! For those who don't know, it's a medieval non-fantasy historical RPG that's very historically and mechanically accurate. The combat is deep and WILL wreck you if you just jump into it without learning it, the lock picking is like Skyrim but infinitely better, the pick pocketing is great, the armor system is great, you have to eat and sleep, and the game is GORGEOUS for a game made for only about five million dollars. Basically, this game is better than SKYRIM AND I WANT IT.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#3094 Post by Lief »

As someone who is actually playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance... It's not as amazing as it seems. Don't get me wrong, it's still an excellent game, but it's got some issues.

As far as combat, or really anything stamina-intensive goes, Henry is the only Asthmatic living in a world of daily marathon runners. Henry runs out of stamina ludicrously fast in combat, but enemies are completely unaffected.

The unarmed combat is really poorly done. If you get just a micrometer too close to the enemy they grab you and kick you away, or grab you and do some kind of weird [censored] Judo arm-twist-throw. And by too close I mean if you are any closer than your fist being able to lightly graze their nose at your maximum reach. On top of that, people take a massive beating before they go down, which drags out the already extremely frustrating fight beyond tolerable levels. There's one relatively early on, where you're trying to find a spade. Guy who has it is an [censored], and if you don't have good speech/charm/intimidate stuff you'll have to punch him out. After five minutes of trading blows without any end in sight, I gave up on the shoddy brawling system and pulled my sword, chasing him off.

Like I said before, it's still an excellent game, but there's some things that are incredibly frustrating about it that I feel could've been relatively easily remedied. Especially considering how much "extra" dev time they kept tacking on.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#3095 Post by Jonesy »

Insomniac wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:34 am
Jonesy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:29 am
Insomniac wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:29 am
Jonesy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 pm Made the mistake of getting back into Skyrim and getting completely absorbed by a new character. Twice.
snip
Love Skyrim. Some mods I'd definitely use if I were on current gen/PC. Like any good mod that adds an unarmed combat skill tree, since I always play a Khajiit. With such a skill tree, I'd be all OVER unarmed combat, basically a Khajiit atavist, using the natural damage bonus and the Fists of Steel perk to rip and tear my enemies. Naturally she'd join the Companions and become a werewolf, destroy those damn Silver Hand zealots...Imperials of course to crush the hypocritical racist goddamn [censored] from the Stormcloaks, though with a touch of sorrow at the knowledge that the Dominion are pretty much evil racists themselves. Most Imperials at least are okay, other than that captain at the start.
Yeah, I tend to play as minorities (be they man, mer or betmer), so the whole "Skyrim for the Nords" holds little appeal. That, and I believe it's only a matter of time before there's a second Great War, and a united Empire stands a better chance against them than Skyrim alone.
Yeah, plus the whole "Skyrim should be independent from the Empire" thing is a little hypocritical, since Skyrim is where the first empire began, if I'm remembering the lore right.
More or less. Tiber Septim (i.e. Talos) founded the same Empire the Stormcloaks are fighting against. There's at least one NPC who points that out as his reason for supporting the Empire.

Hell, it's interesting to come back to the game and taking note of all the politics. Once, a PC gaming magazine I read did a 100 issue special, and featured some stories from its staff regarding the various classics they re-reviewed in that issue. One guy talked about Morrowind, and how he enjoyed walking around and talking to everyone, learning about the politics of the world from the ground. He mentioned having a similar experience re-reading Lord of the Rings a second time, so I guess this is similar forme. It's been just over six years since I first lay hands on Skyrim, so I guess I've grown as a person since then and can pay more attention to the lore over just running around throwing fireballs at things.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3096 Post by Insomniac »

Lief wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 am As someone who is actually playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance... It's not as amazing as it seems. Don't get me wrong, it's still an excellent game, but it's got some issues.

As far as combat, or really anything stamina-intensive goes, Henry is the only Asthmatic living in a world of daily marathon runners. Henry runs out of stamina ludicrously fast in combat, but enemies are completely unaffected.

The unarmed combat is really poorly done. If you get just a micrometer too close to the enemy they grab you and kick you away, or grab you and do some kind of weird [censored] Judo arm-twist-throw. And by too close I mean if you are any closer than your fist being able to lightly graze their nose at your maximum reach. On top of that, people take a massive beating before they go down, which drags out the already extremely frustrating fight beyond tolerable levels. There's one relatively early on, where you're trying to find a spade. Guy who has it is an [censored], and if you don't have good speech/charm/intimidate stuff you'll have to punch him out. After five minutes of trading blows without any end in sight, I gave up on the shoddy brawling system and pulled my sword, chasing him off.

Like I said before, it's still an excellent game, but there's some things that are incredibly frustrating about it that I feel could've been relatively easily remedied. Especially considering how much "extra" dev time they kept tacking on.
From what I've seen, the unarmed combat is indeed pure anus. But, the guy I'm watching play it takes guys down with a sword relatively easily, as long as it's one on one or two on one. Facing three or more, holy hell what did you do wrong that you're doing this alone. And arrows are quite effective at picking guys off...if you know how to aim them.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#3097 Post by Lief »

Yeah, the swordplay is pretty decent. Not far enough in to have really gotten the hang of it yet but I can't complain too much. Archery is... I dunno. Current problem with it is that aiming is a [censored], made significantly worse by the fact that Henry can't hold the [censored] bow still, he's wobbling it around like his arms are made of noodles.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3098 Post by Insomniac »

Yeah, the guy I'm watching hasn't done enough archery yet for me to know if that gets better. The physics seem pretty solid, and the arrow itself seems to be the key to aiming your shots. Just gotta remember the arcs that each arrow type travels in. Hunting seems to be a good way to improve that, long as the gamekeepers don't catch you poaching.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#3099 Post by Akira110 »

Monster Hunter World, refusing to use lances like I did in 3 Ultimate. I'm straight up having the time of my life with the whole Charge Blade weapon and have gotten real good at it. I actually started with Sword and Shield, but I decided that I wanted the ability to guard attacks, so I was drawn to the Charge Blade after reading about it. And from now on, I will use monster hunter acronyms and lingo. While it took me a while to figure out how to charge my shield in order to make my axe mode stronger, I didn't learn how to properly do the Ultra Burst til I got to high rank and even then, I first did it against a Low Rank Great Jagras. Also World is the most balanced monster hunter yet, I never felt like I had to be part of a team, but the option was always there if I wanted it. Naturally, I ignored this because honestly, while working as a team is satisfying, working alone and managing to bring down these creatures is a lot more... adrenaline fueled and enjoyable. You don't have another hunter to pick up your slack if you aren't entirely good with a weapon yet. You have to deal with your palico friend in order to hopefully knock you out of that stun status before whatever creature decides to deliver the Coup de Grace and cart you.

Being carted for those of you who don't know is losing all of your HP in monster hunter. You get taken back to the nearest camp, and your reward momey is cut by a third. Once this reward money reaches 0, it's quest failed. There are investigations, basically side missions in world where you can faint less times or up to 5 times before you fail
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3100 Post by Envy661 »

Kingdom Come: Deliverance.
This game. This [censored] game. It takes me back so hard to the original feeling I got the first time I ever played TES Oblivion. It's fantastic.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3101 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Envy661 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:35 pm Kingdom Come: Deliverance.
This game. This [censored] game. It takes me back so hard to the original feeling I got the first time I ever played TES Oblivion. It's fantastic.
That is another game i have been wanting to play. Oh well to the backlog with skyrim and all the others.

Right now I am playing Monster Hunter World
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3102 Post by Insomniac »

Always glad to hear someone likes it. It's definitely on my list. And one thing it has over Elder Scrolls...Everything matters and you're actually playing a character instead of a blank slate, and he starts out not great at anything as opposed to being a hyper-competent ubermensch!

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3103 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:13 pm
Always glad to hear someone likes it. It's definitely on my list. And one thing it has over Elder Scrolls...Everything matters and you're actually playing a character instead of a blank slate, and he starts out not great at anything as opposed to being a hyper-competent ubermensch!
It's not without it's bugs, but it's probably the most fun I've had playing an RPG since the first time I picked up Dark Souls. I've played some great RPGs over the years... This evokes the same feeling I got from the first runthrough I made playing these games(some more than others... Quest overload can kill and otherwise good game.... Witcher III...). It's a nostalgic feeling, and one of the greatest in the world. And of them, it's probably the best I've played since Oblivion. Oblivion was the first TES game I played, and has a unique place in my heart for it because it was so different to other RPGs I played at the time.

And I agree to an extent with your statement about TES games. Oblivion didn't make you feel special or OP like Skyrim did. In Oblivion, you were a guy imprisoned in a dungeon. Not the Dragonborne. No mystical Dues Ex Mechina powers. Everything was more earned. And while eventually you could become an unkillable God, I'm going to be perfectly honest... Full armor and a really good sword in KCD can accomplish the same thing. Armor makes the man.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3104 Post by Insomniac »

Envy661 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:03 am
It's not without it's bugs, but it's probably the most fun I've had playing an RPG since the first time I picked up Dark Souls. I've played some great RPGs over the years... This evokes the same feeling I got from the first runthrough I made playing these games(some more than others... Quest overload can kill and otherwise good game.... Witcher III...). It's a nostalgic feeling, and one of the greatest in the world. And of them, it's probably the best I've played since Oblivion. Oblivion was the first TES game I played, and has a unique place in my heart for it because it was so different to other RPGs I played at the time.

And I agree to an extent with your statement about TES games. Oblivion didn't make you feel special or OP like Skyrim did. In Oblivion, you were a guy imprisoned in a dungeon. Not the Dragonborne. No mystical Dues Ex Mechina powers. Everything was more earned. And while eventually you could become an unkillable God, I'm going to be perfectly honest... Full armor and a really good sword in KCD can accomplish the same thing. Armor makes the man.
Witcher 3 has nothing on the raw quest overload that is Kingdoms of Amalur, lol. ...Been playing that again recently, actually. Really should pick up more stuff to play at some point. ...Also, I don't know why I'm surprised Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation hates Kingdom Come. "But I reserve my biggest and most suffocating of bollocks for those twats on the Steam discussion forums praising its obnoxious qualities and asking the devs not to change the save system because if they did then PLEBS might get into it. [censored] YOU toffy nosed PC master race [censored] I wish I'd named you something else now like the PC gaming dick slurp all stars!"

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3105 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:02 pm
Envy661 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:03 am

Witcher 3 has nothing on the raw quest overload that is Kingdoms of Amalur, lol. ...Been playing that again recently, actually. Really should pick up more stuff to play at some point. ...Also, I don't know why I'm surprised Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation hates Kingdom Come. "But I reserve my biggest and most suffocating of bollocks for those twats on the Steam discussion forums praising its obnoxious qualities and asking the devs not to change the save system because if they did then PLEBS might get into it. [censored] YOU toffy nosed PC master race [censored] I wish I'd named you something else now like the PC gaming dick slurp all stars!"
I modded out the save system. I agree with him that it should be changed.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq