The Daily Beasts

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1021 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:"SQUAAACK!!!" An iron bar thrown from somewhere above and behind the Bird hits it on it's... behind. The outraged animal yanks its head out through the bars, leaving a couple of feathers and some blood on the bars but it hardly seems to care about damage it inflicts on itself. Oh, but should anyone else harm it, look out!
The beak makes a loud popping sound as it snaps at thin air. It looks up, and seems ready to jump upwards when more bars come raining down, one of which hits it between the eyes and lays the beast out flat on the ground... for a moment.
DarkTheImmortal wrote:She was now holding both the daggers, taking a glance at every ground floor window. Her voice had a quiver to it. "We need to find a way out of here without them following us as well..." She remembered the oil she grabbed and pulled it out with shaking hands. "Maybe fire will at least stagger the things when we get out. Throw it and light the ground it lands on on fire, but we don't have anything for ranged lighting..." Her eyes fell on the lamp she saw when they entered and pointed at it. "Do you think that could work?"
Phaing wrote:Before Sylvi can answer you, but not before the bars start to come raining down, the panicked horse bolts, into the main room and up the stairs! Raimius was about 3/4ths the way up when the horse starts it's amazing climb, and there just isn't room for them both. He manages to save himself from being crushed against the railing by rolling over it, and ends up hanging from the stairs by one hand and trying to get a grip with the other on the next rung. He will remain clam and the first person to see him like that will be greeted with a pained smirk, and; "Hi, a little help, here?"
(Well, that’s a lot to process...)

Clearly there’s someone up above them, but that’ll have to wait as more immediately pressing matters take priority.

Sylvi, confident enough that the barrier between the birds and themselves will hold, especially now that there’s something else to keep them occupied, takes the chance to affirm Ana’s idea. “Well done, Ana! Quickly, grab the oils and head for the stairs, alright? I’ll be right behind you with the lantern.”

As she runs out the small office like space, she catches a glimpse of Raimius hanging on for dear life. “Damn it, hang on!” she calls to him as she continues to rush over to where the lamp sat.

He’s definitely got the strength to hold on till Ana reaches him, and she’ll be able to keep him there till Sylvi arrives at the very least. Needless to say, she treats this more like an annoyance than as threat to Raimius’ safety.
Phaing wrote:There is also a soft bump, and a weird slithering sound. :shock:

Due to the angle, Sven can't see much of the inside, and Rita is also afraid... and that has a curious effect; it makes her mad.
She makes some sort of mystical sign with her hands*, and speaks defiantly and with an increasingly strident voice; "Ghosts now? DAMN you, I am not going to let some malignant vapors stop me! I am Princess Rhiannon, Daughter of Kings, and I will NOT become Bird-food!"
And a voice that can barely reach you answers; "Well, that is all very interesting, but could you please CATCH the rope next time? If I miss again, the Bird might get it!"

Rita dashes around the corner, and when Sven catches up this is what he sees; from the building next to yours, a man is leaning out of a window, trying to throw a rope through the window of your building. Rita lunges for the window and somehow manages to catch the end of the rope.
"Good girl, now pull! Where are the others?"
Well no point in worrying about the creepy slithering sound now. Sven quickly rushes over to Rita and grabs the rope in his jaws and begins to tug with all of his might. Not enough to pull it out from the man’s hands, but enough to keep the line tension should he try and cross along the rope, or even try swinging from it.

(Sorry if it's short. Just a lot of reactionary stuff for me this round.)
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phaing
Master

#1022 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:34 am (Well, that’s a lot to process...)

Yup, I'm trying to make up for the length of time that has gone by since I posted last :wink:

(no problem, and don't feel rushed! I think the days when we were "Daily" are long gone)
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#1023 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote:Yeah, that is important, otherwise I don't get the highlight that tells me anything is happening!
I was afraid this one was starting to die out...
(Dunno if you already do this but there's an option when making a reply at the bottom below the submit buttons that says "Notify me when a reply is posted", may help if I'm forgetful. 'tis what I do for this and the OOC)
Phaing wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:54 am(with two daggers in her hands, she has to put one away or maybe drop one)
(Didn't think of that. Then she put the key dagger away before grabbing the oil)

Phaing wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:54 am"SQUAAACK!!!" An iron bar thrown from somewhere above and behind the Bird hits it on it's... behind. The outraged animal yanks its head out through the bars, leaving a couple of feathers and some blood on the bars but it hardly seems to care about damage it inflicts on itself. Oh, but should anyone else harm it, look out!
The beak makes a loud popping sound as it snaps at thin air. It looks up, and seems ready to jump upwards when more bars come raining down, one of which hits it between the eyes and lays the beast out flat on the ground... for a moment.
Anaraia jumped at the sudden clanging of iron bars, but it was a good distraction. She started backing up away from the window, making sure the thing wouldn't get in behind her back, if it was still alive.

The Rookie wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:34 am Sylvi, confident enough that the barrier between the birds and themselves will hold, especially now that there’s something else to keep them occupied, takes the chance to affirm Ana’s idea. “Well done, Ana! Quickly, grab the oils and head for the stairs, alright? I’ll be right behind you with the lantern.”

"Right." She said, despite having already grabbed the oil she found. That just made the process faster. She slipped it back into her pocket and went straight for the stairs. When she saw Raimius hanging off the side of the stairs she put her dagger back in the sheath and grabbed his forearm just to be safe. "You need some help?" She asked after making sure it would at least be harder to get dragged over the railing if he fell. Being as light as she was compared to him it wouldn't be hard.
Phaing wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:09 pm
The Rookie wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:34 am (Well, that’s a lot to process...)

Yup, I'm trying to make up for the length of time that has gone by since I posted last :wink:

(no problem, and don't feel rushed! I think the days when we were "Daily" are long gone)
(Well, as I've told Rookie, I feel like the limiting agent here, mostly because school and 17 credit hours is really hard to find free time, but I'm thinking once school is out I'd be able to post almost immediately)

Phaing
Master

#1024 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:34 amAs she runs out the small office like space, she catches a glimpse of Raimius hanging on for dear life. “Damn it, hang on!” she calls to him as she continues to rush over to where the lamp sat.
"For you, love, sure thing!" he calls back, only mildly sarcastic.
The Lamp has a good supply of oil in it (about 1/4 liter) and is glass-bottomed.
The Rookie wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:34 am Well no point in worrying about the creepy slithering sound now. Sven quickly rushes over to Rita and grabs the rope in his jaws and begins to tug with all of his might. Not enough to pull it out from the man’s hands, but enough to keep the line tension should he try and cross along the rope, or even try swinging from it.
"Alright, not tie it off at that end... not the 3rd bar from the right!" He looks back over his shoulder; "why not?" and then back to you; "Alright, that bar has been loosened by my pal here, when he was working on an escape. One of your big friends should be able to kick it out, and they will have to do it for you to get over here."
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:00 am"Right." She said, despite having already grabbed the oil she found. That just made the process faster. She slipped it back into her pocket and went straight for the stairs. When she saw Raimius hanging off the side of the stairs she put her dagger back in the sheath and grabbed his forearm just to be safe. "You need some help?" She asked after making sure it would at least be harder to get dragged over the railing if he fell. Being as light as she was compared to him it wouldn't be hard.
I did say that the treads were damaged by that horse.

The step groans under Annaria's feet alarmingly, and with his other hand Raimius grabs her forearm in case she falls through. "Well kiddo, ain't this a hell of a fix? I was about to say that the floor is only 3-4 meters below my feet, but I don't dare let go of you now." He looks around, "Got any ideas?"

(yeah, you guys are right, I did too much in one post, and this is a fast-paced scene. I'll make it short and sweet from now on :wink: )
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1025 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:"For you, love, sure thing!" he calls back, only mildly sarcastic.
The Lamp has a good supply of oil in it (about 1/4 liter) and is glass-bottomed.
“<Cheeky bugger...>” Sylv mutters as she grips the lantern tightly. “A quarter litre, eh? That should be enough.”

She looks back to the office area before catching up to the damsel in distress, not wanting something to have gotten through while her back was turned.
Phaing wrote:"
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:00 am"Right." She said, despite having already grabbed the oil she found. That just made the process faster. She slipped it back into her pocket and went straight for the stairs. When she saw Raimius hanging off the side of the stairs she put her dagger back in the sheath and grabbed his forearm just to be safe. "You need some help?" She asked after making sure it would at least be harder to get dragged over the railing if he fell. Being as light as she was compared to him it wouldn't be hard.
The step groans under Annaria's feet alarmingly, and with his other hand Raimius grabs her forearm in case she falls through. "Well kiddo, ain't this a hell of a fix? I was about to say that the floor is only 3-4 meters below my feet, but I don't dare let go of you now." He looks around, "Got any ideas?"
Watching from the base of the stairs, Sylvi mutters a string of inaudible curses upon seeing the mess the other two were now in. “Raimius, don’t go doing anything foolish.” Though from her tone, you’d gather she certainly expects it. “If she falls, it’d be worse for both of you if you tried hauling her up. A young vixen like her should land right on her feet. You on the other hand, are liable to shatter both your ankles and land on top of the poor girl...”

Aside from yelling criticisms, there’s not a whole lot Sylvi can do from here. The stairs seemed be buckling from the pair’s weight alone, and she can’t exactly use magic to fix this given Raimius’ nulling aura. “Can you sort of... Shimmy back towards the base?” she blurts out in frustrated uncertainty. “At least close up the fall gap a little...”
Phaing wrote:"Alright, not tie it off at that end... not the 3rd bar from the right!" He looks back over his shoulder; "why not?" and then back to you; "Alright, that bar has been loosened by my pal here, when he was working on an escape. One of your big friends should be able to kick it out, and they will have to do it for you to get over here."
If Rita is able to tie a knot, Sven could attempt to kick in the bar. He’s certainly strong enough.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#1026 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:51 amI did say that the treads were damaged by that horse.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to run up stairs after a horse, but trying to get out was a priority that overshadowed such thoughts.

Now trying not to fall herself, she could only try to make the situation a little better. "This went a lot more heroic in my head" She said with a slight chuckle. Trying not to move too much and to conserve energy, she looked around for a solution until...
The Rookie wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:23 pm“Can you sort of... Shimmy back towards the base?” she blurts out in frustrated uncertainty. “At least close up the fall gap a little...”
"That's a good idea. Maybe if we let go of each other and just hang onto the railing it would be easier as well?" It definitely didn't look too far away. "Don't worry too much of me. I am nimble like she said." She looked down. "That distance should only hurt a little."

(Speaking from irl experience, it's just a tab more than a little)

Phaing
Master

#1027 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:23 pm“Raimius, don’t go doing anything foolish.” Though from her tone, you’d gather she certainly expects it. “If she falls, it’d be worse for both of you if you tried hauling her up. A young vixen like her should land right on her feet. You on the other hand, are liable to shatter both your ankles and land on top of the poor girl...”
"Well damn, you think I could fall on her and break my ankles?" He rolls his eyes and gives Annaria a smirk, his face just inches from her own. "Yeah, and I'm supposed to be the snarky one, right?"

He looks around one last time, "Okay girl, save your strength for one last pull-up. Once I have you up to the next footpad, you have to lift with your arms far enough to sit on the footpad. You will NOT panic when I let go of you, you WILL grab hold of the railing and use it to pull your boney little butt up the stairs one at a time. Yes, I am going to let go, but I won't go far so don't worry about me. Not time to debate, our hands will go numb if we dally about."

He swings his legs towards the downward end, and hooks one leg over the main support beam. His foot finds one of the upright supports for the railing.
"Yeah, as I thought, not close enough to help me, but I can move you a bit..." He heaves and pushes up, moving Annaria close enough to the next riser for her to do as he says ... if she is strong enough and has the presence of mind to do as he said.
The Rookie wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:23 pmAside from yelling criticisms, there’s not a whole lot Sylvi can do from here. The stairs seemed be buckling from the pair’s weight alone, and she can’t exactly use magic to fix this given Raimius’ nulling aura. “Can you sort of... Shimmy back towards the base?” she blurts out in frustrated uncertainty. “At least close up the fall gap a little...”
Once all that is sorted out and Raimius can let go, he catches the support beam on his way down. The beam that supports the stairs is at a 45-dgree angle, so he has a decision to make. "Do I go up, or do I go down?" he asks himself aloud, not sounding winded or worried at all... as if it is an academic exercise.

There is some odd noise coming from up above, but there is also the sudden clang of a bar giving way from one of the rooms behind Sylvi.
"Down it is then!"
The Rookie wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:23 pmIf Rita is able to tie a knot, Sven could attempt to kick in the bar. He’s certainly strong enough.
Sven will have to do so, Rita tries but she just does not have the strength to pull it out herself.
Down below, the angry Bird dashes out of range of the debris being thrown down at it, and shrieks at the prisoners from a safe distance... until another bird makes a noise and it leaves your sight.

Rita can make a good knot, one that is way too elaborate but it won't give way... ever again, most likely. She will probably still be working at it when the rest of the party catches up with her.
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:24 am "That's a good idea. Maybe if we let go of each other and just hang onto the railing it would be easier as well?" It definitely didn't look too far away. "Don't worry too much of me. I am nimble like she said." She looked down. "That distance should only hurt a little."

(Speaking from irl experience, it's just a tab more than a little)
(oh, more than a little, that's a given)

Not all of the risers were damaged, and for Annaria the drama on the stairs will be over once she makes the last three steps.
A new sort of drama awaits.
Rita either didn't notice or put two & two together, but Annaria can stell the difference at a glance; those are not Guards or even soldiers over there at the other end of the rope across the way, calling out encouragement and looking out for more birds.
Those are convicts.

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#1028 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

(Rookie said it was alright for me to post before him as the focus is around Ana and Raimius)
Phaing wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:29 am He looks around one last time, "Okay girl, save your strength for one last pull-up. Once I have you up to the next footpad, you have to lift with your arms far enough to sit on the footpad. You will NOT panic when I let go of you, you WILL grab hold of the railing and use it to pull your boney little butt up the stairs one at a time. Yes, I am going to let go, but I won't go far so don't worry about me. Not time to debate, our hands will go numb if we dally about."

He swings his legs towards the downward end, and hooks one leg over the main support beam. His foot finds one of the upright supports for the railing.
"Yeah, as I thought, not close enough to help me, but I can move you a bit..." He heaves and pushes up, moving Annaria close enough to the next riser for her to do as he says ... if she is strong enough and has the presence of mind to do as he said.
She nods in agreement as he is telling her the plan, "Save my strength? you're the one doing most..." She was cut off when Raimius stated swinging. She was caught a little off guard when he pushed her and hesitated for a small moment, but quickly grabbed onto the railing and pushed herself the rest of the way onto the footpad. Once there she slowly and carefully lifts herself up one step at a time, trying not to make too much movement.
Phaing wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:29 amNot all of the risers were damaged, and for Annaria the drama on the stairs will be over once she makes the last three steps.
A new sort of drama awaits.
Rita either didn't notice or put two & two together, but Annaria can stell the difference at a glance; those are not Guards or even soldiers over there at the other end of the rope across the way, calling out encouragement and looking out for more birds.
Those are convicts.
Once at the top, she lets out a sigh of relief. Her arms a little sore, but no time for that. She looks around to get an idea of what's up here and sees Rita near the window, then she sees the convicts. "Rita!" she cries out and quickly goes over to her and Sven. "Those are convicts, can we really trust them?" She said, expecting Rita to have noticed.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1029 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:"Well damn, you think I could fall on her and break my ankles?" He rolls his eyes and gives Annaria a smirk, his face just inches from her own. "Yeah, and I'm supposed to be the snarky one, right?"
Sylvi folds her arms across her chest, as a defiant audible “Humph” can be heard escaping her throat. A wolf’s ears hear more than Raimius gives them credit for, and Sylvi’s concern for her great lummox of a partner seems to be steadily fading as time moves on.

“He’s going to pay for that later.” She mutters to herself as she watches the pair carefully hoist themselves to safety. Bitter as she is, she still congratulates Ana for her part in getting top side, and started working on a plan for how to join the pair, when she’s suddenly reminded of the dangers lurking about the compound.
Phaing wrote:"There is some odd noise coming from up above, but there is also the sudden clang of a bar giving way from one of the rooms behind Sylvi.
"Down it is then!"
“No, don’t come back down here. The girls need you up there!” she barks as Raimius’s clings to the support beam. “I can stall them for a little while, but not while you’re down here with me!” she pauses as a second bar creaks and gives way to the breast strength. “And I can’t summon a way out of here with you on the stairs either, so move it!”

Phaing
Master

#1030 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:48 am Once at the top, she lets out a sigh of relief. Her arms a little sore, but no time for that. She looks around to get an idea of what's up here and sees Rita near the window, then she sees the convicts. "Rita!" she cries out and quickly goes over to her and Sven. "Those are convicts, can we really trust them?" She said, expecting Rita to have noticed.
"Huh?"
She looks, and the one hanging half out of the window happens to be the nearest, and he just shrugs and gives a quick nod. He must have heard Annaria.
"Where are the Guards?"
He just shakes his head. "Eaten, mostly, as far as I know. You coming?"
The Rookie wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:40 am “No, don’t come back down here. The girls need you up there!” she barks as Raimius’s clings to the support beam. “I can stall them for a little while, but not while you’re down here with me!” she pauses as a second bar creaks and gives way to the breast strength. “And I can’t summon a way out of here with you on the stairs either, so move it!”
"Summon a what?" He hears another bar give way. "I am not leaving you down here alone with any of those knuckle-headed monster Birds!"
He levers himself up, huffing and struggling a bit, and ends up standing on the beam and gripping the handrail... standing outside the staircase. He cocks his head, but he can't make out what the girls are talking about up there in the cell. "Come on, Sylvi, what possible reason can you have for staying down there?!"

((BTW- doesn't Sylvi have a mind-link with Sven? I thought she could see what he was seeing, or did I get that wrong?))

((( sorry that took so long, I will have time to check this every day for the next two weeks, if you folks want to pick up the posting pace at all. And we may have a new player coming in, not sure yet about that)))

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#1031 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:21 am"Huh?"
She looks, and the one hanging half out of the window happens to be the nearest, and he just shrugs and gives a quick nod. He must have heard Annaria.
"Where are the Guards?"
He just shakes his head. "Eaten, mostly, as far as I know. You coming?"
Without addressing Rita this time, she spoke out the the convicts. "How do I know you aren't some sort of murderer, or worse, a keidran hater?"
Her tone then shifted to a more threatening one "If we get over there before the rest of our party gets here, be warned I am armed with a weapon I know how to use well."
Phaing wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:21 am ((( sorry that took so long, I will have time to check this every day for the next two weeks, if you folks want to pick up the posting pace at all. And we may have a new player coming in, not sure yet about that)))
(Activity, maybe not quite yet, going on vacation on Friday. Like last time I will try to post, but it may be slowed down or I may not have the patience to try on my phone.)
(Also sorry for the short post, not a whole lot given with the split group, just trying to make things a little safer on Anaraia's end at least)

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1032 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:"Summon a what?" He hears another bar give way. "I am not leaving you down here alone with any of those knuckle-headed monster Birds!"
He levers himself up, huffing and struggling a bit, and ends up standing on the beam and gripping the handrail... standing outside the staircase. He cocks his head, but he can't make out what the girls are talking about up there in the cell. "Come on, Sylvi, what possible reason can you have for staying down there?!"
"I don't want to be down here! I just.." Frustrated, and with time running thin, Sylvi lets out a deep growl as she decides to show Raimius rather than try an argue further.

She draws mana from the tip of her spear, enveloping her summoning arm in a cyan blue aura, as she directs her hand outward towards the rickety stair way. The cool blue lights twinkle and dance around Sylvi's forearm as she recites her spell aloud, and as the last word leaves her lips, the passive glow suddenly shoots forth from her finger tips, and thick layers of ice begin to form a narrow, but secure, pathway along the damaged foundations of the stairs.

That is, with a large section that remained within Raimius' sphere of influence, effectively cutting Sylvi's path in two. "<That's why I needed you to move!>" she shouts upwards, as the last of the metal bars can be heard giving way. "<There's no time to fix the gap, I'll have to jump, and you'd better bloody well catch me!>"

Sylvi rushes to the base of the steps, now uncertain if the foundations will hold, says a quick prayer to Ephemural and breaks into a sprint.
Phaing wrote:((BTW- doesn't Sylvi have a mind-link with Sven? I thought she could see what he was seeing, or did I get that wrong?))
((She does, but she needs to be focused to make much use of it. Right now, she's a tad stressed out for that.))
Phaing wrote:((( sorry that took so long, I will have time to check this every day for the next two weeks, if you folks want to pick up the posting pace at all. And we may have a new player coming in, not sure yet about that)))
((No worries, but I may disappear for a few days over Christmas simply because I won't have access to the internet. Sorry in advance. :potatoes: ))

Phaing
Master

#1033 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:14 am Without addressing Rita this time, she spoke out the the convicts. "How do I know you aren't some sort of murderer, or worse, a keidran hater?"
Her tone then shifted to a more threatening one "If we get over there before the rest of our party gets here, be warned I am armed with a weapon I know how to use well."
"Well if you know how to use your weapon on those dam'd squawkers you will be very welcome here!" Then he blinks. "Keidran?" He glances at Rita. "Guess you ain't who I thought you were."
He looks down again, "They haven't come back yet, but not tellin' how long that will last. If you are armed, I take it that means you are coming first?"

From behind him, a gruff voice asks; "What next, she gonna ask your name, rank and arrest record?"
The Rookie wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:33 pmShe draws mana from the tip of her spear, enveloping her summoning arm in a cyan blue aura, as she directs her hand outward towards the rickety stair way. The cool blue lights twinkle and dance around Sylvi's forearm as she recites her spell aloud, and as the last word leaves her lips, the passive glow suddenly shoots forth from her finger tips, and thick layers of ice begin to form a narrow, but secure, pathway along the damaged foundations of the stairs.

That is, with a large section that remained within Raimius' sphere of influence, effectively cutting Sylvi's path in two.
Actually, I have to add something in the middle here.
Raimius may be brave, but there are limits. Seeing a sheet of ice racing up at him will make him yelp, and scoot as quickly as he can up to the next level. It still won't reach all the way up, and he sure looks embarrassed, but the leap won't be so much of a hassle now.
"By the masks, you did that?!"

And you have to admit, that was a pretty good feat for one so young.
The Rookie wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:33 pm "<That's why I needed you to move!>" she shouts upwards, as the last of the metal bars can be heard giving way. "<There's no time to fix the gap, I'll have to jump, and you'd better bloody well catch me!>"

Sylvi rushes to the base of the steps, now uncertain if the foundations will hold, says a quick prayer to Ephemural and breaks into a sprint.
"Go on all fours, use your claws!"
Needless advice, but the fact that he is telling her to do something no human can... that might mean a little something.

And the claws do help her keep a grip on the ice.
Catch her he does, but he falls to his knees, a bit winded from all the exertion of the last minute or so. "Are you alright? Best see what all the hollering is all about..."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1034 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:Actually, I have to add something in the middle here.
Raimius may be brave, but there are limits. Seeing a sheet of ice racing up at him will make him yelp, and scoot as quickly as he can up to the next level. It still won't reach all the way up, and he sure looks embarrassed, but the leap won't be so much of a hassle now.
"By the masks, you did that?!"

And you have to admit, that was a pretty good feat for one so young.
With a cocked eyebrow, Sylvi turns her head slightly askew; as if she'd misheard something. "You've seen me do things with ice all the time..."
Phaing wrote:"Go on all fours, use your claws!"
Needless advice, but the fact that he is telling her to do something no human can... that might mean a little something.

And the claws do help her keep a grip on the ice.
While Sylv agrees it'd be a good idea, its a little late to consider since she'd have to have found a way of passing her belongings up to Raimius before getting into this predicament.

Or did she...

There's a stern nod from the she wolf, followed by a gruff order, one that Raimius shouldn't hesitate to comply with this time. "Duck!"

Sylvi hurls her spear up the flight of stairs over arm like a javelin, aiming for an area of wall somewhere a few feet over Raimius' right shoulder. There should be a meter or so's length leeway even without Raimius's moving, but given this spear isn't really meant to be thrown like this and the one throwing it mightn't be the most skilled with hand eye coordination; it might be best to hedge one's odds.

Once the spear is in flight, she takes the handle of the lantern, places it in her mouth and bites down hard with her powerful jaws; leaving deep gouges in the wood work in the process.

Gripping the ice with each claw, Sylvi charges up the stair way on all fours with an impressive degree of speed, surprising even herself. Upon reaching the gap, she forces herself off her back legs just as any other lesser canine would, springing off the ledge and throwing her arms outward.
Phaing wrote:Catch her he does, but he falls to his knees, a bit winded from all the exertion of the last minute or so. "Are you alright? Best see what all the hollering is all about..."
"I'm ok," Sylvi says through a few short gasps of air. She hurries to pull herself up right, extending an arm down to Raimius to help pull him to his feet too. "Quick, run ahead. I'll be right behind you."

If Raimius so much as makes a face that implies that he wouldn't go without another debate, Sylvi will firmly place a finger to his lips. "Proximity. Magic. Go." before going to retrieve her spear.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#1035 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:24 pm "Well if you know how to use your weapon on those dam'd squawkers you will be very welcome here!" Then he blinks. "Keidran?" He glances at Rita. "Guess you ain't who I thought you were."
He looks down again, "They haven't come back yet, but not tellin' how long that will last. If you are armed, I take it that means you are coming first?"
"Fine" She said with a huff. She didn't want to but it was the only way to go. She approached the rope and grabbed it. That is when she heard the clatter of Silvi's spear and turned around to see if they were up yet. Seeing Silvi climb up made the situation a little better, but she still went to cross the rope first.