Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#21766 Post by Zakkerus »

So, I learned a few days that most of the ranks in the U.S. Army earn potentially less than Richbach (because he's rich, I say "Richbach" now) per month due to his Patreon. And then that made me sad and kinda mad. I mean, imagine this:
"Ma'am, we're sorry that your husband died in the line of duty, leaving you with three young children to raise by yourself. He sacrificed himself by covering the fragmentation grenade with his own body to dampen the blow to his squad. If it helps any, ma'am, some guy on Patreon who just sketches a little bit and just colors in coloring books, for 200 dollars, basically earned potentially twice as much as your deceased husband, may he rest in peace..."

I mean, doesn't that somewhat upset anyone else? And really, 200 dollars for coloring an old sketch. Do you know how much actual useful things, like food and utilities, that that can buy? Like, that's a whole freakin' lot if you're frugal/poor/been poor/know how much money is actually worth. I don't know, I guess I'm just kind of upset that I know people who's husbands or wives are deceased, and they have to raise their children by themselves, and make a whole lot less than some guy on Patreon. And I'm not just talking about the army or military or whatever now. A friend of mine lost her husband and has to raise her child, while her job is giving her less and less hours, she's 50 years old, so finding a new job at her age is very difficult, and she gets less than 1,000 dollars a month now, and she's also having to put her child through his first year of college (which is expensive to use poor people). Not to mention her still having to buy food, pay her house payment, electricity, her car, insurance, and everything else like that.
And no, I'm not trying to flame on Tom, I'm just mad and upset at the circumstance (though, 200 dollars for coloring an old sketch, not even creating anything new, does really grind my gears so much that the cog's teeth have been grinded into dust. That's like buying a page from a coloring book that was already colored. At least to me it is).
I don't know, I guess this is just one of the cases where the poor people are mad at the rich, and where the rich person just keeps getting richer.

(I'm not trying to be a meanie, by the way. I mean, this is a rant/vent/sad thread, and some of this has been bottled up for awhile now.)

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#21767 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Zakkerus wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:50 pm So, I learned a few days that most of the ranks in the U.S. Army earn potentially less than Richbach (because he's rich, I say "Richbach" now) per month due to his Patreon. And then that made me sad and kinda mad. I mean, imagine this:
"Ma'am, we're sorry that your husband died in the line of duty, leaving you with three young children to raise by yourself. He sacrificed himself by covering the fragmentation grenade with his own body to dampen the blow to his squad. If it helps any, ma'am, some guy on Patreon who just sketches a little bit and just colors in coloring books, for 200 dollars, basically earned potentially twice as much as your deceased husband, may he rest in peace..."

I mean, doesn't that somewhat upset anyone else? And really, 200 dollars for coloring an old sketch. Do you know how much actual useful things, like food and utilities, that that can buy? Like, that's a whole freakin' lot if you're frugal/poor/been poor/know how much money is actually worth. I don't know, I guess I'm just kind of upset that I know people who's husbands or wives are deceased, and they have to raise their children by themselves, and make a whole lot less than some guy on Patreon. And I'm not just talking about the army or military or whatever now. A friend of mine lost her husband and has to raise her child, while her job is giving her less and less hours, she's 50 years old, so finding a new job at her age is very difficult, and she gets less than 1,000 dollars a month now, and she's also having to put her child through his first year of college (which is expensive to use poor people). Not to mention her still having to buy food, pay her house payment, electricity, her car, insurance, and everything else like that.
And no, I'm not trying to flame on Tom, I'm just mad and upset at the circumstance (though, 200 dollars for coloring an old sketch, not even creating anything new, does really grind my gears so much that the cog's teeth have been grinded into dust. That's like buying a page from a coloring book that was already colored. At least to me it is).
I don't know, I guess this is just one of the cases where the poor people are mad at the rich, and where the rich person just keeps getting richer.

(I'm not trying to be a meanie, by the way. I mean, this is a rant/vent/sad thread, and some of this has been bottled up for awhile now.)
I guess this could be applied to a number of sources of income.
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

#21768 Post by Zakkerus »

Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:37 pm
Zakkerus wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:50 pm So, I learned a few days that most of the ranks in the U.S. Army earn potentially less than Richbach (because he's rich, I say "Richbach" now) per month due to his Patreon. And then that made me sad and kinda mad. I mean, imagine this:

I guess this could be applied to a number of sources of income.
Hmm, what do you mean by that? I mean, I probably know, I just want to make sure.

HazeCore

#21769 Post by HazeCore »

This has been driving me insane for a while, but almost every time I go to the main TwoKinds site to read the comic I will get redirected to some bs scammy survey. I've run antivirus and malware tools on my phone, they find nothing so I feel like this is some dumbness on an advertiser's part. But it's driving me crazy!

It prevents me from going back to the site, too. I literally have to close the tab and reopen the site, only to get pulled to another survey site 30 seconds later.... Grrr. :sythe:

(I should mention this seems to be a mobile problem and not a desktop problem, also the forum has never taken me to a survey, NOR ANY OTHER SITE.)

Warrl
Grand Templar

#21770 Post by Warrl »

HazeCore wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:19 pm This has been driving me insane for a while, but almost every time I go to the main TwoKinds site to read the comic I will get redirected to some bs scammy survey. I've run antivirus and malware tools on my phone, they find nothing so I feel like this is some dumbness on an advertiser's part. But it's driving me crazy!

It prevents me from going back to the site, too. I literally have to close the tab and reopen the site, only to get pulled to another survey site 30 seconds later.... Grrr. :sythe:

(I should mention this seems to be a mobile problem and not a desktop problem, also the forum has never taken me to a survey, NOR ANY OTHER SITE.)
My lady just hit something sort of like that on her phone and asked me to look at it. I did two things to fix it:
1) Close all of the **86** browser tabs she had open (I really should look around in the settings and see if it's opening a new tab every time she starts the browser)
2) Go into the browser's menu, Settings, Privacy, and clear the cache

HazeCore

#21771 Post by HazeCore »

Warrl wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:40 pm
2) Go into the browser's menu, Settings, Privacy, and clear the cache
I feel like I've done this already, but I will do it again just to make sure. Your first suggestion... Lol.... Hope she's a keeper :p hehehe I dislike 3 tabs, let alone 80

[Edit] it didn't work. Still getting surveys....

Akira110
Literary Artist

#21772 Post by Akira110 »

Hiromi Tsuru, the Japanese voice of Bulma from Dragonball, has passed away today at the age of 57.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#21773 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

So I found someone that stole my artwork and its up on E621 and Deviantart, I wouldnt be mad if the person hadnt write " made by me ".

Also a Forum-User uses that image but that im just happy for seeing people like my stuff.
So I guess its an accomplishment that I got artwork on E621!
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#21774 Post by Warrl »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:49 pm So I found someone that stole my artwork and its up on E621 and Deviantart, I wouldnt be mad if the person hadnt write " made by me ".

Also a Forum-User uses that image but that im just happy for seeing people like my stuff.
So I guess its an accomplishment that I got artwork on E621!
I'm not familiar with E621's policies, but I'm pretty sure that DeviantArt gets nasty about people falsely claiming a work is theirs - if, of course, they are shown good evidence to the contrary. Such as an earlier posting of the same art by someone else.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#21775 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Warrl wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:16 pm
I'm not familiar with E621's policies, but I'm pretty sure that DeviantArt gets nasty about people falsely claiming a work is theirs - if, of course, they are shown good evidence to the contrary. Such as an earlier posting of the same art by someone else.
Thats the thing, i post it on private upload ( google images cus why knot as i didnt have a FA account back then )

And well, I posted it here in the forum, it has a date set to it but i dunno how much evidence that is as then i would link them to a forum post.
:|

There, Both deviant art and e621 been sent to, i got a wierd feeling about it but yeah.
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#21776 Post by Tetrahedron »

Even if most may think other, I am more or less with you. I am fine with our artist earning money, but the 200$ quite shocked me. Correct me, if i am wrong, but this is monthly? For coloring a picture it is quite a lot i my opinion. For example i kickstarted a PC game and got Earlyy access, physical copy, a figure and an individual engraved coin and shirt, digial sequel, and... For 150$
Well, andd i am ashamed for looking at pictures other people pay thishis much for. It feels like stealing...
On the otherer hand, if somebody has more free money than my disability insurance and my defence insurance together, it iss up to them what theyy do with it. I say thank you for the pictures. =)

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

#21777 Post by Zakkerus »

Tetrahedron wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Even if most may think other, I am more or less with you. I am fine with our artist earning money, but the 200$ quite shocked me. Correct me, if i am wrong, but this is monthly? For coloring a picture it is quite a lot i my opinion. For example i kickstarted a PC game and got Earlyy access, physical copy, a figure and an individual engraved coin and shirt, digial sequel, and... For 150$
Well, andd i am ashamed for looking at pictures other people pay thishis much for. It feels like stealing...
On the otherer hand, if somebody has more free money than my disability insurance and my defence insurance together, it iss up to them what theyy do with it. I say thank you for the pictures. =)
Yes, he does indeed earn over 4,500 dollars a month via Patreon (and the Nora Card are always sold out too, so, apparently three individuals with mighty fine paychecks keep it locked down under their boots, well, fancy loafers ((Get it? 'Cause they're rich?)). Yeah, I'm fine with him earning money too, but this is a bit too extreme of an earning for my taste. I myself would feel honored if I even just earn 20 extra dollars a month from complete strangers on the Internet. It actually kind of makes me a little sick looking at that earning (I'm still not bashing at Richbach, just the situation, I suppose... More or less. Well, maybe I am bashing on him a little tiny, insy-winsy bit for the 200 dollar coloring book pages. I mean, someone can color the sketches themselves in an app so simple as MS Paint and it still look pretty good, I've seen it before). And if someone asks for money for a food drive, or other charities, no one barely gives a cent... *Does community service and has seen the very small amounts of food and money given at times*

I am glad that someone agrees with me, more or less. It's very refreshing. Haha, I was thinking that I would be flamed into oblivion and given a super ban for my thoughts and options on this matter.

(Also, on an unrelated note, I feel as if I might use parentheses a bit too much... :potatoes: )

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#21778 Post by Kellard »

Why can't I just ask for help? It seems that no matter how much I suffer, something tells me to not do it... I don't think it could be pride... so what could it be? I keep telling myself that if things get too bad I'll go ask someone for help, but it never happens. I simply take the beating until it's over. Doesn't matter how bad it may be.
I don't even tell anyone. I feel like I would just be a nuisance dragging other people into my problems, which is why this is the only place I could come to to vent.
This behavior is just constantly damaging me, without me being able to do anything about it. Just another problem to add to the list...

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#21779 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Kellard wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:50 am Why can't I just ask for help? It seems that no matter how much I suffer, something tells me to not do it... I don't think it could be pride... so what could it be? I keep telling myself that if things get too bad I'll go ask someone for help, but it never happens. I simply take the beating until it's over. Doesn't matter how bad it may be.
I don't even tell anyone. I feel like I would just be a nuisance dragging other people into my problems, which is why this is the only place I could come to to vent.
This behavior is just constantly damaging me, without me being able to do anything about it. Just another problem to add to the list...
I know the feeling, unfortunately I also have to yet find a solution
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Akira110
Literary Artist

#21780 Post by Akira110 »

Vacation fell through last week, sorta didn't recover from the resulting full blown [censored] depression til today. Those who don't know. My life fell apart, hard, in early october. My father went in for heart surgery, he had a triple bypass and a stint put in. I also have a godfather who has had two strokes and a heart attack scare that tries to do things that he shouldn't be doing, because he's stubborn, also he barely eats. On top of this, I deal with a man who has been drunk, every [censored] day for a month straight. Every day. Said drunk also once threatened my father with a gun. My father has decided to return to chain smoking and eating as unhealthy as he did before. No joke, on Sunday, he had two whoppers for dinner. As in the burger king hamburger. He was so proud of all this weight he lost, nevermind that it's all more than likely muscle as he doesn't really go out and do anything and he seems determined to do everything that got him into the mess he was in only a month ago, all over again. And the only person that I can even for certain say that I trust around here moved away. Back to my old home town, but eh. Said person is my younger brother, he's 25 and moved to get a better job, and I'm proud of him, but that means I'm stuck here, with no one to share the burden with, watching my entire family go down the [censored] of their own accord.

I needed this [censored] vacation. But the reason why it fell through was because the people I'd be staying with for a week decided to disrespect me by not only going behind my back, but crossing the line that I had set in stone as the line I wasn't going to cross. I ain't got a license, but I'll be damned if I'm letting my father drive 160 miles, 80 of that without someone being there while he's still recovering from goddamn heart surgery. So I decided that I was going to try to take a bus, but of course, at every turn that kept getting questioned. Which by the way, pissed me off. I figured that I was going to have my brother take me up there someday, but that wouldn't be any time this year. And the only reason I need a ride is that I ain't got a license, but if you saw the way people drive where I live, you'd not be at all surprised. I'd rather be on foot so I would be a smaller target than be in a car and present an easily hit target for all the [censored] who think that not only do they not need to see where they are going, but do not believe that they ever need to yield to anything.

Long story short: [censored] my week last week.

Addendum: The reason what my father is doing is pissing me off so much is that seeing him in a hospital bed made me think, "Holy [censored], that could one day be me right there." my entire decision was to start eating better and start eating more healthy. I've been kicking my own [censored] with exercise, just so that I could end each day with a caloric deficit, so that my body will burn the fat that I've stored over the last decade and a half, meanwhile I've been trying to build up lean muscle tissue, making myself healthier. Watching my father do the same exact thing he did before his heart surgery is like a slap in my face.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.