The Daily Beasts

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Phaing
Master

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#961 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:18 am"But these are round, not triangular, they would never fit on my ears, and even then, this was in a pile of human clothes." She turns around and tries to see how they would fit on a human by holding it up to Raimius' head through the window (Like one of those forced perspective pictures, not actually putting it on him) "It doesn't even look like it would fit a human's ears."
Raimius had thought that Sylvi was just having a joke at Annaria's expense.
The tough, hard-bitten slayer of wizards and assassins is so flustered that he can't even hope to get the words out now. He shakes his head, hard, twice, and then has to take a fresh grip on the reigns before he loses control of the team. He will have to explain later on.
Much later.
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:18 amAnnaraia almost jumped out of her new clothing; she had forgotten Rita was there still asleep. "Rita?" She looks more closely and sees she's still asleep. She turns around to face the front window. "I think Rita is waking up, albeit slowly."
"Its about time!" He twists and tries to get a look at her, and abruptly straightens up again. "I can't keep getting distracted like this, please keep an eye on her Annaria! Sylvi, don't try anything fancy. If you have to get back inside there, I'll stop the wagon."
He is not driving the horses hard in the falling snow. Raimius can't see very far behond the lead pair in the thick snowfall.

The Rookie wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:19 pmShe pauses a moment to point to Raimius's jaw line while tugging lightly on the tuft of hair on the end of her own chin. "<I mean, imagine if we shaved our faces.>" she says; shuddering for dramatic effect. "<The horror...>"
Raimius grins, and then rolls his eyes. "Where we are headed, I suspect most men have beards, especially this time of year. I do hope that you won't be having any trouble telling us apart."
The Rookie wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:19 pmRaimius should be able to see through Sylvi's poorly concealed smug devilish smile. "You know how humans are all weird like that."
He does , finally. "Oh, WE are weird?"
And he starts muttering under his breath - "... fuss and bother about an over-the-shoulder boulder-holder.... what is the world coming to?"
The Rookie wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:19 pmSylvi does her best to peer inside the the little opening to see where Rita was from her point of view. "Maybe pass her a few of those jackets? If you're cold with all that fur I'd hate to think how she'll feel once she wakes up." she ask in a softer tone than before.
"Once we hit a few bumps, she will wake right up. And she will probably be asking for pillows and talking up storm-"

"I heard that!" Rita hollers up at him.

"I thought you might."

"What happened, and why are we in a coach?"

"Annaria, you wanna handle that?"
The Rookie wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:19 pm"Not really?" she frowns "Is it like tipping? Also, what's the deal with humans and being expected to give them extra money? Is that a normal thing, or like, a Southerner thing?"
"No, no.... it is like returning a favor, but to someone that needs it the way you did.... instead of the person that helped you in the first place."
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#962 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

The Rookie wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:19 pm"<I know, right? Then you have the males who shave their faces. Like, the ones who can grow big bushy beards that'll keep their cheeks warm just cut them off with really sharp knifes...>" She pauses a moment to point to Raimius's jaw line while tugging lightly on the tuft of hair on the end of her own chin. "<I mean, imagine if we shaved our faces.>" she says; shuddering for dramatic effect. "<The horror...>"
"<It's like humans dislike fur and hair as a whole. >" She shrugged
The Rookie wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:19 pm"Well... Umm... Yeah, they don't actually sit over their ears. That would be silly..." Her eyes also flicking between the bra and Raimius' head trying to speculate exactly how it'd fit. "Theeeey sit over the temple area!" she says suddenly with new found confidence in her answer. "Yeah, that's where they lose most of their heat, so the cups try and catch it before it escapes. That's why they call them ear warmers... Cause... They... Look like a second pair of ears, and they warm up the wearer's head." If it's not immediately obvious to Ana from where she's sitting; Raimius should be able to see through Sylvi's poorly concealed smug devilish smile. "You know how humans are all weird like that."
"Oh, well in that case..."
She proceeds to try to put it on, making sure it went over her ears. "It seems to be a bit big" (Being they're made to go around torsos, not heads) Two problems arise almost immediately. It flopped to the right because of it not fitting, only her left ear keeping it on, and the second is the reason she takes it off. "It's hard to hear with it. that won't do unless you don't mind 'what?' every time someone says something." She dropped it to the floor.
Phaing wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:01 am"What happened, and why are we in a coach?"

She passed Rita a coat . "Templars. They showed up and released this weird green gas that made everyone sleepy. I barely made it out without falling asleep. For obvious reasons we left as soon as we could, stealing this coach. We also..." She paused for a moment and looked down. "We lost Tycho. I don't know where he is, but he was there one moment and gone the next." She looked out the back like she did when they left the town, despite the thick snowfall.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#963 Post by The Rookie »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:"Oh, well in that case..."
She proceeds to try to put it on, making sure it went over her ears. "It seems to be a bit big" (Being they're made to go around torsos, not heads) Two problems arise almost immediately. It flopped to the right because of it not fitting, only her left ear keeping it on, and the second is the reason she takes it off. "It's hard to hear with it. that won't do unless you don't mind 'what?' every time someone says something." She dropped it to the floor.
Sylvi can hardly contain herself, holding back tears and making a horrible attempt to keep from bursting out into an uproar of laughter. "O-Oh n*Snark*nooo, it totally suits you. *Wheeze* B-But we won't force you if you don't want."
Phaing wrote: Raimius had thought that Sylvi was just having a joke at Annaria's expense.
The tough, hard-bitten slayer of wizards and assassins is so flustered that he can't even hope to get the words out now. He shakes his head, hard, twice, and then has to take a fresh grip on the reigns before he loses control of the team. He will have to explain later on.
Much later.
Sylvi gives Raimius a light prod before quietly asking "Too far?" through her occasional moments of comprehensible speech.
Phaing wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:01 am Raimius grins, and then rolls his eyes. "Where we are headed, I suspect most men have beards, especially this time of year. I do hope that you won't be having any trouble telling us apart."
And this about sets her off again, although she won't hide it this time. "Oh sweetie, I think you're stubble is very.... Nice... But the men back home go for the more... 'Full bodied' look. I'm sure some would make Ana's tail jealous." She leans closer to him and genetly scruffs the underside of his jawline. "Don't worry, I still think you look very manly." she says teasingly.
Phaing wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:01 am "Its about time!" He twists and tries to get a look at her, and abruptly straightens up again. "I can't keep getting distracted like this, please keep an eye on her Annaria! Sylvi, don't try anything fancy. If you have to get back inside there, I'll stop the wagon."
He is not driving the horses hard in the falling snow. Raimius can't see very far behond the lead pair in the thick snowfall.
Phaing wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:01 am"What happened, and why are we in a coach?"

DarkTheImmortal wrote:She passed Rita a coat . "Templars. They showed up and released this weird green gas that made everyone sleepy. I barely made it out without falling asleep. For obvious reasons we left as soon as we could, stealing this coach. We also..." She paused for a moment and looked down. "We lost Tycho. I don't know where he is, but he was there one moment and gone the next." She looked out the back like she did when they left the town, despite the thick snowfall.
And with that, Sylvi's heart sank. She'd been doing pretty much everything to keep her mind off of that morning so far, but the truth had to be faced eventually.

"No, don't stop. Just slow her down a little, ok?" Sylvi ask as she steps up from her seat and drops down to the ground below. She waits for the wagon to pass her by a little before following behind and opening the door as they went.

Once inside, Sylvi takes a seat next to Rita just across from Ana. "Hey Sweetie, how do you feel?" she ask in her soft gentle voice as she presses the back of her hand to the girl's forehead. "Are you feeling any pain? Nauseous? Upset tummy?"

(OOC Sorry, originally this was a little longer, but I was disheartened after I lost it all due to a login error that reset what I wrote. Sorry again if I missed anything the second time.)
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phaing
Master

#964 Post by Phaing »

Raimius is glad when the nonsense with the bra is over, happily before Rita's eyes were fully open.
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:26 am She passed Rita a coat . "Templars. They showed up and released this weird green gas that made everyone sleepy. I barely made it out without falling asleep. For obvious reasons we left as soon as we could, stealing this coach. We also..." She paused for a moment and looked down. "We lost Tycho. I don't know where he is, but he was there one moment and gone the next." She looked out the back like she did when they left the town, despite the thick snowfall.
"Gone?" She gets up and joins Annaria looking out the back, there is a small panel of glass (that does not open, but is fixed in place) where you can see little but swirling snow. "Where do you think he went?"
The Rookie wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:35 am "Oh sweetie, I think you're stubble is very.... Nice... But the men back home go for the more... 'Full bodied' look. I'm sure some would make Ana's tail jealous." She leans closer to him and genetly scruffs the underside of his jawline. "Don't worry, I still think you look very manly." she says teasingly.
Raimius groans. "You certainly are in the mood to go 'too far' today, aren't you?" He lowers his voice; "I might even be in the mood to take advantage of that, tonight, if there is any hope of us getting any privacy."
The Rookie wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:35 amOnce inside, Sylvi takes a seat next to Rita just across from Ana. "Hey Sweetie, how do you feel?" she ask in her soft gentle voice as she presses the back of her hand to the girl's forehead. "Are you feeling any pain? Nauseous? Upset tummy?"
Rita smiles. "I feel like I slept for two days. I didn't sleep that long, did I?"
She won't be terribly upset about Tycho, she only knew him for a few days. Losing Pyotr was more difficult, and only happened less than a week ago.

However, the news of Templars is very troubling. "You don't think the Duke told them, do you? Are they still after us?" She takes another look out the window. "Oh no... how many of them did Raimius kill?"

And later, she looks around. "Ahhh... who's coach is this, anyway?"

Raimius is glad to be free of distractions. He uses his version of tact to make sure everyone knows it by sliding to the middle of the bench; thus placing his rump where it covers the opening almost completely.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#965 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:"Gone?" She gets up and joins Annaria looking out the back, there is a small panel of glass (that does not open, but is fixed in place) where you can see little but swirling snow. "Where do you think he went?"
"Well... We don't know." Sylvi utters in a sombre tone. "The last I saw him he was fighting the last Templar mercenary, but truly had the upper hand. I still believe he's alive, but maybe he... He didn't want to take the risk we draw to ourselves... In fear for his own life, he might have abandoned us when he thought we were all safely away."
Phaing wrote:Raimius groans. "You certainly are in the mood to go 'too far' today, aren't you?" He lowers his voice; "I might even be in the mood to take advantage of that, tonight, if there is any hope of us getting any privacy."
Sylvi rolls her eyes, trying not laugh. "Didn't you say you didn't think we would see civilisation for weeks from now? Which means no rooms, no locks, no privacy, and above all; no funny stuff." she leans in and kisses his cheek. "That's probably the most action you'll get for a long time coming." she whispers in his ear as she pulls away; clearly enjoying the idea of tormenting the poor lad.

Phaing wrote:Rita smiles. "I feel like I slept for two days. I didn't sleep that long, did I?"
"No, but you were exposed to an anesthetic cloud that might explain why you feel like this. I'd suggest not going back to sleep for a few hours, alright? Just to be safe." Not that she showed it, but currently Sylvi is worried that there may be a degree of risk of coma or a form of sleep apnea, given how little she knows about the green fog, and judging from how Rita was able to stay asleep during all the commotion.
Phaing wrote:However, the news of Templars is very troubling. "You don't think the Duke told them, do you? Are they still after us?" She takes another look out the window. "Oh no... how many of them did Raimius kill?"

And later, she looks around. "Ahhh... who's coach is this, anyway?"
"Umm... We... Stole it... -But they were bad people who were going to do bad things. However, all these belong to people who were tricked, so we kind of stole these from good people, but it's ok cause now the bad people can't to what they were going to. So by stealing from good people, we stopped the bad people from stealing it." Sylvi just kind of stares blankly forward for a moment trying to contemplate her own logic she'd used for justifying what they did without encouraging theft in the young girl. "Raimius?" she calls toward the window. "Can I have a little help here?"

Phaing
Master

#966 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:16 pm "Didn't you say you didn't think we would see civilisation for weeks from now? Which means no rooms, no locks, no privacy, and above all; no funny stuff." she leans in and kisses his cheek. "That's probably the most action you'll get for a long time coming."
"That's what you think! I can be very resourceful."
grumble grumble...
The Rookie wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:16 pm"No, but you were exposed to an anesthetic cloud that might explain why you feel like this. I'd suggest not going back to sleep for a few hours, alright? Just to be safe."
"Sleep? that is the LAST thing I feel like doing right now! Got anything to eat?"
She does not seem to be feeling any ill effects thus far. Maybe it isn't a Fox-thing, maybe youth is the best defense against whatever was in that toxin.
The Rookie wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:16 pmAnd later, she looks around. "Ahhh... who's coach is this, anyway?"
"Umm... We... Stole it... -But they were bad people who were going to do bad things. However, all these belong to people who were tricked, so we kind of stole these from good people, but it's ok cause now the bad people can't to what they were going to. So by stealing from good people, we stopped the bad people from stealing it." Sylvi just kind of stares blankly forward for a moment trying to contemplate her own logic she'd used for justifying what they did without encouraging theft in the young girl. "Raimius?" she calls toward the window. "Can I have a little help here?"
[/quote]
"You do know you are just talking to his butt, right?"
Rita holds a straight face for as long as she can, and then giggles. "Sometimes it is best just to let him be. I don't understand what you mean about this coach, but I am glad we have it do ourselves. After a week of sharing that Inn or that ship with so many other people, isn't it nice to be out on our own again?"

Then she gets serious again; "I just hope we don't find another haunted Monastery or anything like that. I know you and Raimius are used to the wilderness, but it still worries me. Oh well... if one of us gets hurt, you can always heal us, right?"
She reaches out and strokes the glowing stones on your staff. Now that you are just far enough away from Raimius, they glow just fine.

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#967 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:"Sleep? that is the LAST thing I feel like doing right now! Got anything to eat?"
She does not seem to be feeling any ill effects thus far. Maybe it isn't a Fox-thing, maybe youth is the best defense against whatever was in that toxin.
"Well, nothing cooked." Sylvi says regretfully. "But when we stop we can cook up some sausages for you. How does that sound?"
Phaing wrote:"You do know you are just talking to his butt, right?"
Rita holds a straight face for as long as she can, and then giggles. "Sometimes it is best just to let him be. I don't understand what you mean about this coach, but I am glad we have it do ourselves. After a week of sharing that Inn or that ship with so many other people, isn't it nice to be out on our own again?"
She smirks when she starts to think about what Rita had said."Yeah, I guess that would be his butt." laughing softly at the idea. "It will be good to be out of the cramped spaces and get some fresh air. Just like back when we met, right? Raimius might even let me teach you how to ride Sven now we've got the space. What do you think? Game for a little adventure?"

Phaing wrote:Then she gets serious again; "I just hope we don't find another haunted Monastery or anything like that. I know you and Raimius are used to the wilderness, but it still worries me. Oh well... if one of us gets hurt, you can always heal us, right?"
She reaches out and strokes the glowing stones on your staff. Now that you are just far enough away from Raimius, they glow just fine.
"Yep, no worries there. I've got a few more charges left, and the full moon should be out some night soon to replenish what we've used so far. We'll be back to full strength in no time."

Phaing
Master

#968 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:45 am "But when we stop we can cook up some sausages for you. How does that sound?"
"Sounds great." She says, and promptly forgets about it... for the time being.

And yes, being back out in the open and away from people sure sounds good. It isn't a surprise, but it sure perks her up.
The Rookie wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:45 am"Yep, no worries there. I've got a few more charges left, and the full moon should be out some night soon to replenish what we've used so far. We'll be back to full strength in no time."
//Oh snap.... we haven't done that yet?
And I did say that in 5 days, back at that Inn.... yeah. That is tonight, I can't even start to justify putting it off any longer. Does it matter if there is cloud-cover?//

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#969 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote: //Oh snap.... we haven't done that yet?
And I did say that in 5 days, back at that Inn.... yeah. That is tonight, I can't even start to justify putting it off any longer. Does it matter if there is cloud-cover?//
//I guess cloud cover would be an issue, however, Sylvi has basic weather control under her belt, so I assumed she'd be able to tear a hole in what ever cloud hangs over head. Now as for the act itself, I was planning on it being similar to what Natani does in the comics/What she'd done previously that night Raimius pulled her tail and she sulked in her room. She enters a meditative state and channels mana into the stones over the course of the night. I guess this could be done with her sitting on top of the carriage, just as long as she has clear view of the sky. //

Phaing
Master

#970 Post by Phaing »

//Okay, since it can be gotten around anyway I won't bother with that. Clouds often break up at night anyway. I better set the scene for when Annarina rejoins us too.//

Well before sunset, Raimius finds a clearing that he likes, and leaves the road. There are large Fir trees here, the kind that create a teepee-like shelter at the base because of the spread of the branches. He works like mad to make a couple of them good enough to keep the horses alive overnight, sets the girls to sweeping the trail they made leaving the road, and asks Sylvi to cover the Carriage with some branches.

They are hidden well enough by dark... as dark as it gets when the Full moon is constantly peeking out from a sky that has move breaks that clouds as the night goes on.
There is no question of a camp-fire inside the Carriage, those sleeping tonight would either have to bundle up all together in there, or share a fire and the smell of the horses, propped up against a tree-trunk.

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#971 Post by The Rookie »

Sylvi, having spent a lot of time camping by the road side on her way down South, immediately objects to the notion of a camp fire inside the wagon for a number of safety reasons. Not only is it made largely of wood, but the bundles of flammable clothing through out might catch alight thanks to a stray cinder. She doesn't even begin to touch on the topic of asphyxiation, or choking on smoke in their sleep.

Regardless of whether or not that would sway anyone, Sylvi elects to spend the night outside. While warmer, the roof of the carriage obstructs her view of the night's sky, something she needs for her ritual to re power her spear's mana reserves.

Still, Sylvi makes herself busy by finishing Raimius' request to cover the wagon before she set out on her own little projects.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#972 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

(I don't have much, but here is my return. Really just setting up for the next day.)

After covering the tracks and whenever someone starts the fire, Annaraia sits next to the fire, maybe a little too close for the amount of clothing she's wearing, but far enough to avoid catching fire. She pulls out the dagger she looted off the Templar thug and started inspecting it. She does this for about 15 minutes before storing it away.

Phaing
Master

#973 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:19 pmRegardless of whether or not that would sway anyone, Sylvi elects to spend the night outside. While warmer, the roof of the carriage obstructs her view of the night's sky, something she needs for her ritual to re power her spear's mana reserves.
Oh, no argument about the coach!
And after spending all day in it, nobody is eager to spend a night in it as well.

Sylvi isn't the only one spending most of the night awake. Raimius keeps watch for as long as he is able, and there is no problem with regaining the manna.
The Rookie wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:19 pmStill, Sylvi makes herself busy by finishing Raimius' request to cover the wagon before she set out on her own little projects.
"I am wondering how long we can, or even should, hang on to the team and the coach. Wherever this coach was supposed to stop, I must have missed the turn-off in the snow... unless the horses are normally pushed much harder. Its absence may be noted..." He looks around, and then smiles at her. "Well, Sylvi, we are finally headed the right direction, you are headed home. Feels good, doesn't it?"
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:23 am After covering the tracks and whenever someone starts the fire, Annaraia sits next to the fire, maybe a little too close for the amount of clothing she's wearing, but far enough to avoid catching fire. She pulls out the dagger she looted off the Templar thug and started inspecting it. She does this for about 15 minutes before storing it away.
Rita will already be asleep and the others will be to far away to see this.
The dagger is perfectly business-like, big and lethal, but there are no jewels or other decorations. The handle is a little unusual; there is no end-cap at the bottom, just one large handgrip made of bone. There is a seam that Annarinda can see in the firelight, and if she wants to pry at it, she will find a way to pop the two halves apart.
There is no hidden treasure in there, no map or anything, but the tang is interesting (the tang is the same piece of metal as the blade, but it is not sharpened, it is the part that is within the handle) . It is shaped oddly, like a key, and there is a small flat place on each side that has room for a few stamped letters.
On one side; "TARN"
On the other; "5-13"

The night won't be very restful, the first night out in the cold tends to be that way. Raimius is keeping the Coach for now, it is a much easier ride for the girls than the only other options; walking or riding bare-back.

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#974 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:"I am wondering how long we can, or even should, hang on to the team and the coach. Wherever this coach was supposed to stop, I must have missed the turn-off in the snow... unless the horses are normally pushed much harder. Its absence may be noted..."
Sylvi shrugs uncertainly. "I've never been too good with reading horses, but they seem decent enough, right? But if want to given them some rest, maybe we could switch them out with Sven on rotation. He'd be a bit slower, but he never really gets tired, at least not like we do." she holds the bead containing Sven's spirit within her palm. "I mean, if you think that'd be enough to help them rest a little."
Phaing wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:01 pm "Well, Sylvi, we are finally headed the right direction, you are headed home. Feels good, doesn't it?"
Sylvi nods happily "It does actually. I mean, it's a shame I never made it down to ocean, but I don't know... " she twirls a fur tree twig in her off hand, seemingly absentmindedly. "I still got more than I could have imagined out of the trip." her warm expression drifting between the girls, and resting on Raimius.

Once the work on the fire begins, Sylvi disappears back into the woods to gather more long logs, several of which seem rather green. “Right, so since we’re stay out here tonight, I’d suggest we build a heat trap. If we keep our back to the wagon, and reflectors on the opposite side of the fire we can create a toasty zone for the three of you. Maybe even run some blankets down the side like curtains?”

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#975 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:01 pm Rita will already be asleep and the others will be to far away to see this.
The dagger is perfectly business-like, big and lethal, but there are no jewels or other decorations. The handle is a little unusual; there is no end-cap at the bottom, just one large handgrip made of bone. There is a seam that Annarinda can see in the firelight, and if she wants to pry at it, she will find a way to pop the two halves apart.
There is no hidden treasure in there, no map or anything, but the tang is interesting (the tang is the same piece of metal as the blade, but it is not sharpened, it is the part that is within the handle) . It is shaped oddly, like a key, and there is a small flat place on each side that has room for a few stamped letters.
On one side; "TARN"
On the other; "5-13"
She stares at the key shape for a few moments. It seemed weird that a key would be on a dagger. She stared at the imprints, trying to make sense of them; when she fails to find any meaning, She put the handle back on, put the dagger away next to her original one. She tries to hide in her bundle of clothing (like a turtle) to escape from the cold.
The Rookie wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:01 am Once the work on the fire begins, Sylvi disappears back into the woods to gather more long logs, several of which seem rather green. “Right, so since we’re stay out here tonight, I’d suggest we build a heat trap. If we keep our back to the wagon, and reflectors on the opposite side of the fire we can create a toasty zone for the three of you. Maybe even run some blankets down the side like curtains?”
She stood up almost instantly and spoke with enthusiasm. "I will help in any way I can if it means less cold." She means it as well, as long as she is actually capable of completing the task given.