The Daily Beasts

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#946 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:39 amAnd Ramius is coming down the stairs, looking none the worse for all the... oh, the green stuff just fades away when he's around. He looks at the fallen Templar, crumpled at the foot of the stairs, and then he notices Annaria.
"Ah, THERE you are! Take-" oh, no, Annaria is too small to carry Rita, and Raimius can't go near him without spoiling whatever he may be carrying. "Search the Templar and take his stuff. And if you can, grab anything to eat that you can carry with you. I'll see to the carriage." He smiles as he sees it through the doorway. "Oh yeah, a nice overlander, our luck is improving already!"

But once he gets outside he nearly spooks the horses. "SYLVI, I FOUND YOUR SPEAR!"
(no, he isn't touching it!)

When the girls join him outside, he has Rita inside laying on the floor, he is up in the driver's bench and will be whipping the horses forward as soon as everyone joins him there.
"Where the hell is Tycho?"
After a short break, she does go back in to loot the templar, putting the mask on if it fits, but decides she doesn't have time to look in the kitchen.
She grabs as many things of usefulness as she can from the body, runs out and throws it into the back of the cart not on Rita if she's back there), jumping in afterwords.
She takes off the face mask. "I thought I hated templars, but now that I've smelled this thing..." She throws it onto the floor of the cart. "Well, if I wasn't wanted before, I may as well be now."

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#947 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote: "We may end up eating the horses before the week is up. If we have any, that is! We have about 3 minutes, and put a shawl over your head if you can find one."
Well, can't say that's really an issue for her. Meant is meat after all...

Not that she rally sees the reason for covering up now, she grabs something akin to a trow over that was draped over the edge of the bed. It's itchy and smells odd, but it'll do the job for now.
Phaing wrote:And Ramius is coming down the stairs, looking none the worse for all the... oh, the green stuff just fades away when he's around. He looks at the fallen Templar, crumpled at the foot of the stairs, and then he notices Annaria.
"Ah, THERE you are! Take-" oh, no, Annaria is too small to carry Rita, and Raimius can't go near him without spoiling whatever he may be carrying. "Search the Templar and take his stuff. And if you can, grab anything to eat that you can carry with you. I'll see to the carriage." He smiles as he sees it through the doorway. "Oh yeah, a nice overlander, our luck is improving already!"
Sylvi goes to help Annaria if she needs it; waving Raimius to keep going as they followed up behind him. "Come on, I'll patch you up once we're outside." she shouts as she points to the Templar's body. "Stones! Look for anything with a blue glow or an obvious power source." before darting off to the kitchen to grab anything that had been left laying out. (What do you think would be fair, Phaing?)
Phaing wrote:But once he gets outside he nearly spooks the horses. "SYLVI, I FOUND YOUR SPEAR!"
"Finally!" she cries as she scoops her treasured spear from the ground. "Still haven't got any power, Raimius!" she shouts while running back to the wagon.

Phaing wrote:When the girls join him outside, he has Rita inside laying on the floor, he is up in the driver's bench and will be whipping the horses forward as soon as everyone joins him there.
"Where the hell is Tycho?"
Sylvi looks behind her, hoping to see a warm glow or hear the telltale hiss of his gauntlets.

Tossing her raided goods in the wagon before running back, Sylvi stands spear in hand as she waits near the door way. "H-He was upstairs last I saw..."
DarkTheImmortal wrote:After a short break, she does go back in to loot the templar, putting the mask on if it fits, but decides she doesn't have time to look in the kitchen.
She grabs as many things of usefulness as she can from the body, runs out and throws it into the back of the cart not on Rita if she's back there), jumping in afterwords.
She takes off the face mask. "I thought I hated templars, but now that I've smelled this thing..." She throws it onto the floor of the cart. "Well, if I wasn't wanted before, I may as well be now."
"Annaria? Did you see Tycho? Is he coming?" she ask guarding the exit from the inn.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phaing
Master

#948 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:27 am...
After a short break, she does go back in to loot the templar, putting the mask on if it fits, but decides she doesn't have time to look in the kitchen.
Raimius grimaces. "Welcome to the club. But since you can keep up you are welcome to stay with us to the very end." He glances up and down the street, and at the shuttered windows all around us. "And where we are going, being wanted by anyone civilized probably won't be a major item to worry about."

-- this is not a cart, it is a stagecoach, with seats in back that are facing each other with room for half a dozen people. This method of transport dates back much farther than the Old West. Raimius nested Rita sitting up on the floor, so that she would not fall in the event of a sudden more forward. --

The Rookie wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:04 am Sylvi goes to help Annaria if she needs it; waving Raimius to keep going as they followed up behind him. "Come on, I'll patch you up once we're outside." she shouts as she points to the Templar's body. "Stones! Look for anything with a blue glow or an obvious power source." before darting off to the kitchen to grab anything that had been left laying out. (What do you think would be fair, Phaing?)
(Fair? Heh, let us consult the bones...)
Aside from the weapons I mentioned, there are 7 stones and all of them have a very full manna shine to them. There is also a half-full pouch of some sort of green sand, a scroll that is only about 5 inches wide but also pretty heavy. {lets give Annaria her pick of 2 of the 3 nest items} There are a couple of odd-looking keys, another dagger, and a coin purse full of silver and a hidden pocket inside the purse with 3 gold coins.
The Rookie wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:04 am "Annaria? Did you see Tycho? Is he coming?" she ask guarding the exit from the inn.
//we last heard from him in March, it is now June. Time to move on.//

Raimius looks as if he is about to stand up and shout for Tycho, but he changes his mind. "If he can't reach us, we should not make it so obvious to everyone in earshot that he is with us. He won't have a prayer of good cover-story in that case."
And even worse, there is the clatter of hooves somewhere behind you. Maybe 3-4 blocks away, but you can't see them.
"We can't wait!"
He flips the reigns and and guides the team around the first corner you can reach.
"North... north? Oh, the buildings get smaller that way, let's leave town first and then worry about directions."

It won't be very difficult, this town has no walls. Once you are clear of it, the road to take is obvious as well. Not the one going left along the coast, nor the one going right along the coast... the one headed inland.
Towards snow-covered hills, and a wall of iron-grey clouds that reach so high that the tops are flattened by the end of the atmosphere.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#949 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

The Rookie wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:04 am"Annaria? Did you see Tycho? Is he coming?" she ask guarding the exit from the inn.
"I'm sorry, I haven't. He may have fallen asleep due to the gas, but we don't have time to get them."
He may have been a little distant with her, but she didn't want anyone getting caught by templars. She looked worried, but crawled into the back of the stagecoach.
Phaing wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:03 pm (Fair? Heh, let us consult the bones...)
Aside from the weapons I mentioned, there are 7 stones and all of them have a very full manna shine to them. There is also a half-full pouch of some sort of green sand, a scroll that is only about 5 inches wide but also pretty heavy. {lets give Annaria her pick of 2 of the 3 nest items} There are a couple of odd-looking keys, another dagger, and a coin purse full of silver and a hidden pocket inside the purse with 3 gold coins.
(Dagger and coins. Might have some dual blade practice now ;) Also I think Rookie was talking about what was in the kitchen)
When Sylvi gets to the coach, Annaraia hold out her arms, hands in a bowl shape with they crystals in it.
"I found you a few crystals."
Phaing wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:03 pmIt won't be very difficult, this town has no walls. Once you are clear of it, the road to take is obvious as well. Not the one going left along the coast, nor the one going right along the coast... the one headed inland.
Towards snow-covered hills, and a wall of iron-grey clouds that reach so high that the tops are flattened by the end of the atmosphere.
On their way out, she was looking towards the town for a sign of Tycho. When the town is too far away, she just sighs.

Upon seeing the snowy hills and clouds she lets out an audible groan. "More cold? I should have stayed in the south." She prepared herself for what she would assume to be harsh weather.

Phaing
Master

#950 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:49 am (Dagger and coins. Might have some dual blade practice now ;) Also I think Rookie was talking about what was in the kitchen)
Right!
A jar of Honey, two slabs of bacon, several feet of sausage links, milk and a small keg of butter are cold things that would be easy to grab. Most of what is cooking is getting burnt by now, but there is a pot of corned beef hash that is just a little warm.
There is also one frying pan that isn't filled with something black and shriveled, hanging on the wall is one made of copper and brass rather than the usual iron thing.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#951 Post by The Rookie »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:49 am I'm sorry, I haven't. He may have fallen asleep due to the gas, but we don't have time to get them."
He may have been a little distant with her, but she didn't want anyone getting caught by templars. She looked worried, but crawled into the back of the stagecoach.
Phaing wrote:Raimius looks as if he is about to stand up and shout for Tycho, but he changes his mind. "If he can't reach us, we should not make it so obvious to everyone in earshot that he is with us. He won't have a prayer of good cover-story in that case."
And even worse, there is the clatter of hooves somewhere behind you. Maybe 3-4 blocks away, but you can't see them.
"We can't wait!"
"Mask be damned!" Sylvi curses as she reluctantly abandons the door way and rushes to the back of the coach along with Ana. Raimius is right, but it doesn't make it any easier to just leave Tycho behind like that. Her only solace was maybe he'd find his own way out...
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:49 am When Sylvi gets to the coach, Annaraia hold out her arms, hands in a bowl shape with they crystals in it.
"I found you a few crystals."
Sylvi's mood seems to rise suddenly at the sight of the handful of fully charged crystals. "Thank you! I'll actually be able to do something other than hide if those horsemen show up." she says as she begins stuffing the crystals into her various pouches and pockets.
Phaing wrote:He flips the reigns and and guides the team around the first corner you can reach.
"North... north? Oh, the buildings get smaller that way, let's leave town first and then worry about directions."
It won't be very difficult, this town has no walls. Once you are clear of it, the road to take is obvious as well. Not the one going left along the coast, nor the one going right along the coast... the one headed inland.
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:49 am On their way out, she was looking towards the town for a sign of Tycho. When the town is too far away, she just sighs.

Upon seeing the snowy hills and clouds she lets out an audible groan. "More cold? I should have stayed in the south." She prepared herself for what she would assume to be harsh weather.
Sylvi shakes her head with slight sigh. "Poor southerner.. " she mutters teasingly as she unwraps the throw blanket she had wrapped over her head and neck. "Here you'll get more use out of it than I would. It's a bit scratchy, but it'll keep your ears from falling off."

Phaing wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:34 pm Right!
A jar of Honey, two slabs of bacon, several feet of sausage links, milk and a small keg of butter are cold things that would be easy to grab. Most of what is cooking is getting burnt by now, but there is a pot of corned beef hash that is just a little warm.
There is also one frying pan that isn't filled with something black and shriveled, hanging on the wall is one made of copper and brass rather than the usual iron thing.
Oh, she definitely chose the sausages, frying pan and honey. She rolls the links of sausage several times over her shoulder, like a fireman would with a length of hose, then grabs the pan and places the jar inside it.
(Reasoning time; The sausage was the greatest volume of food, the pan is needed to cook, and honey iS... She really likes honey... :potatoes: )

She'd certainly have grabbed more if she wasn't also holding her spear and rucksack/backpack at the time.

Phaing
Master

#952 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:49 amOn their way out, she was looking towards the town for a sign of Tycho. When the town is too far away, she just sighs.
Well, if he finds a fast horse, he could catch up to the Coach. The problem is, so could someone else...
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:49 amUpon seeing the snowy hills and clouds she lets out an audible groan. "More cold? I should have stayed in the south." She prepared herself for what she would assume to be harsh weather.
"Check their baggage." Raimius shouts back to her through a tiny window, the only one facing forward. "There should be enough there to replace anything we had to lave behind."

((and you can have some fun with that. The passengers would have left anything that wasn't so valuable they didn't keep it on their persons. That means no money and no weapons, but almost anything else is fair game.))

(((oh, and the baggage is in trunks under the seats, a clever way to save some space.)))
The Rookie wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:30 am Sylvi shakes her head with slight sigh. "Poor southerner.. "
Raimius also laughs. "Compared to where we are heading, we are ALL southerners!"
The Rookie wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:30 am(Reasoning time; The sausage was the greatest volume of food, the pan is needed to cook, and honey iS... She really likes honey... :potatoes: )

She'd certainly have grabbed more if she wasn't also holding her spear and rucksack/backpack at the time.
She could have just wrapped the links around her, but now might be a good time to pack them away before they freeze. Behind your shoulders and just ahead of your feet are a couple of cubby-holes with sliding wooden doors. The one behind you is half-fulled with leather straps; spare reigns.
The one near your feet, and you only noticed it because the door slip a little when you kicked it, holds a rather chilling discovery. This one is filled with iron chains, and a blow-gun with a case of poisoned darts.
Raimius takes it in with a glance. "We may have saved the people who are cursing us right now from a fate worse than death."

Up ahead, there is little wind other than the breeze you feel from your own forward movement. Raimius smiles; "I think it is snowing up there! Fantastic, they won't be able to track us." THen he shrugs, and grimaces. "We may lose the road... another mixed blessing." He puts an arm around Sylvi. "Rough wake-up call, eh? How are you holding up?"

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#953 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:22 am"Check their baggage." Raimius shouts back to her through a tiny window, the only one facing forward. "There should be enough there to replace anything we had to lave behind."

((and you can have some fun with that. The passengers would have left anything that wasn't so valuable they didn't keep it on their persons. That means no money and no weapons, but almost anything else is fair game.))

(((oh, and the baggage is in trunks under the seats, a clever way to save some space.)))
She does just that right away. In the first trunk she looked in was full of slightly over-sized clothes, mostly cotton and wool.
She grabbed a few items that looked like coats and some pants and started layering them on her, totaling to about 3 jackets and 4 pairs of pants. She had to roll up the pant legs and sleeves to be able to use her limbs properly, but other than that she was warm.
She may have been going overboard even for her, but she didn't want to take chances. She could just take more off later anyways.
Phaing wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:22 am
The Rookie wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:30 am Sylvi shakes her head with slight sigh. "Poor southerner.. "
Raimius also laughs. "Compared to where we are heading, we are ALL southerners!"
"It doesn't help that we didn't usually wear clothes where I'm from. I'm sure these will start itching and pulling my fur in no time."

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#954 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:Raimius also laughs. "Compared to where we are heading, we are ALL southerners!"
"Ha! Speak for yourself, old man. This is my country. I was born with here with verglas for skin and ice water in my vein- Eeekk!" Mid way through her little speech she was struck with a particularly chilly gust of wind, causing her to immediately wrap her arms around her chest for warmth. If Raimius was observant, he could even see a good handful of her hairs were now standing on end.
Once the initial shock wore off she glares angrily at the newly anointed coachman. "I don't know how, but you did that somehow..." she grumbles as she shifts around trying to cover as much of her exposed fur beneath her layers clothing as possible.
Phaing wrote:The one near your feet, and you only noticed it because the door slip a little when you kicked it, holds a rather chilling discovery. This one is filled with iron chains, and a blow-gun with a case of poisoned darts.
Raimius takes it in with a glance. "We may have saved the people who are cursing us right now from a fate worse than death."
Disturbing, but it certainly opens up opptunities. "You think this was a slaver's run?" Sylvi mutters while reaching down for one of the darts; curious as to what blend of toxins each held. "<I hope they freeze to death without a roof over their heads.>"

Sylvi continues to fiddle a while longer with the darts, going through the various little observations, such as smell, colour and taste. The latter she was quick to spit out once she'd gotten what she'd wanted from it. "Blah! Copper and citrus, and insanely sweet... I know what this is." closing the case and putting it back where she'd found it. "It's a sedative, that's for sure. It's called 'White witch's kiss', but this seems even more concentrated. You'd give it to someone prior to surgery or if they suffer chronic nightmares. One dose and its lights out within 30 seconds, and bam! You wake up 6 hours later; powerful stuff."
Phaing wrote:Up ahead, there is little wind other than the breeze you feel from your own forward movement. Raimius smiles; "I think it is snowing up there! Fantastic, they won't be able to track us." THen he shrugs, and grimaces. "We may lose the road... another mixed blessing." He puts an arm around Sylvi. "Rough wake-up call, eh? How are you holding up?"
Sylvi warms up to the sudden affection by scooching closer and leaning against his shoulder. “I think I’m ok… Just trying to wrap my head around everything.” Subtly trying to down play the event’s effects on her as best she could. “Hey… This might seem a little odd, but the next time we pass an inn, or a tavern or whatever… Could we just keep moving? I’m starting to think we’re cursed.”

Phaing
Master

#955 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:29 pm "I don't know how, but you did that somehow..." she grumbles as she shifts around trying to cover as much of her exposed fur beneath her layers clothing as possible.
"Did what? Oh, well I can't slow down now. Maybe Anna has found something back there."

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:00 am "It doesn't help that we didn't usually wear clothes where I'm from. I'm sure these will start itching and pulling my fur in no time."
Raimus leans and twists around to speak into the interior of the coach.
"Don't try the underwear then, its usually wool, and stretchy. Maybe you can pass something up for Sylvi?"
There is more than just coats and pants, but those will be useful. There are gloves and mittens and stranger things; like long strips of thick cloth that have no use that Annaria would be familiar with.
There are also books and a small sack of black, dirty rocks that are lighter than most stone.

Rite still has not woken up yet.
The Rookie wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:29 pmDisturbing, but it certainly opens up opptunities. "You think this was a slaver's run?" Sylvi mutters while reaching down for one of the darts; curious as to what blend of toxins each held. "<I hope they freeze to death without a roof over their heads.>"
"I think they were plotting to enslave the passengers." He thinks for a moment. "Do you know of anyone in this part of the world that would buy Human slaves, from Humans?"
The Rookie wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:29 pmSylvi continues to fiddle a while longer with the darts, going through the various little observations, such as smell, colour and taste. The latter she was quick to spit out once she'd gotten what she'd wanted from it. "Blah! Copper and citrus, and insanely sweet... I know what this is." closing the case and putting it back where she'd found it. "It's a sedative, that's for sure. It's called 'White witch's kiss', but this seems even more concentrated. You'd give it to someone prior to surgery or if they suffer chronic nightmares. One dose and its lights out within 30 seconds, and bam! You wake up 6 hours later; powerful stuff."
Raimius looks at her with wide eyes. "Fast acting AND long-term? I never heard of anything like that. BUt.... poisons and that kind of thing really aren't my specialty. Nor healing. Sounds expensive too. Damn, kinda wish I could talk to some of those people now, but not really.
The Rookie wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:29 pm Sylvi warms up to the sudden affection by scooching closer and leaning against his shoulder. “I think I’m ok… Just trying to wrap my head around everything.” Subtly trying to down play the event’s effects on her as best she could. “Hey… This might seem a little odd, but the next time we pass an inn, or a tavern or whatever… Could we just keep moving? I’m starting to think we’re cursed.”
"You think there will be any? And that first one wasn't so bad, now was it?" He smiles and winks.

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#956 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:39 am Raimus leans and twists around to speak into the interior of the coach.
"Don't try the underwear then, its usually wool, and stretchy. Maybe you can pass something up for Sylvi?"
"I wouldn't want to wear anything like that anyways. I didn't even know humans wore things under their normal clothes. I'm definitely not putting all of these on, and they would probably fit Sylvi better." She then spoke in a friendly mocking manner. "What's the matter, the northerner a little cold?"

She finishes putting on some footwear that consists of just bundles of assorted clothing, as normal human footwear wouldn't fit a keidran's paw, while mocking and then digs through the pile and passes up a couple coats just in case. She curls up into a ball on the seat to the point where she looks like a pile of clothes with a fox head sticking out. It takes a few moments to find a comfortable position, but she remains motionless once she finds it.
Phaing wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:39 am"I think they were plotting to enslave the passengers." He thinks for a moment. "Do you know of anyone in this part of the world that would buy Human slaves, from Humans?"
Speaking from her bundle, still motionless. "No offence, but with the experience I've had from being in human lands, I think the answer would be humans. Owning someone else, whether it be keidran, human, or Basitin, is just wrong."

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#957 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:"Did what? Oh, well I can't slow down now. Maybe Anna has found something back there."
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:46 am"I wouldn't want to wear anything like that anyways. I didn't even know humans wore things under their normal clothes.
"<Humans are weird like that. I hear some even 'groom' down there to be even less hairless. No wonder they need extra layers to stay warm.>"
DarkTheImmortal wrote:"I'm definitely not putting all of these on, and they would probably fit Sylvi better." She then spoke in a friendly mocking manner. "What's the matter, the northerner a little cold?"
Sylvi just huffs at the comment, but she still takes the coat to wear across her lap. She however catches something in the corner of her eye that she could use to get back at Ana without her knowing. Beside the piles of clothes rest a skin tone bra which must have belonged to one of the passengers. "Hey, don't forget your ear warmers. You lose about 40-45% of your heat through your head, ya know."

Phaing wrote:There are also books and a small sack of black, dirty rocks that are lighter than most stone.
Oh brilliant, something to read later; if they're any good that is.
Phaing wrote:"I think they were plotting to enslave the passengers." He thinks for a moment. "Do you know of anyone in this part of the world that would buy Human slaves, from Humans?"
"Keidran, obviously. One human slave could serve 4-6 generations, while also spending 20 of that in their prime. Honestly, even I can see the appeal in that, as dark and twisted as it is."
Phaing wrote:Raimius looks at her with wide eyes. "Fast acting AND long-term? I never heard of anything like that. BUt.... poisons and that kind of thing really aren't my specialty. Nor healing. Sounds expensive too. Damn, kinda wish I could talk to some of those people now, but not really.
"I'd hardly call it long term, but yeah, it's effective. I've never heard of it used in this context though, so I can only speculate how effective it'd be as a weapon. Still, don't let them prick you."

Phaing wrote:"You think there will be any? And that first one wasn't so bad, now was it?" He smiles and winks.
"Is that the time you locked me in an isolated room and planned to strangle me while I took a bath?" she laughed. "Oh, if only I knew... I must have sounded like a mad woman to you."

Phaing
Master

#958 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:46 am She curls up into a ball on the seat to the point where she looks like a pile of clothes with a fox head sticking out. It takes a few moments to find a comfortable position, but she remains motionless once she finds it.
Its not so bad like that, the only draft comes from the little window that is open for the otheres to talk to you.
Stay there long enough, it might be a little too warm, but before then you may hear a soft giggle.
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:46 am Speaking from her bundle, still motionless. "No offence, but with the experience I've had from being in human lands, I think the answer would be humans. Owning someone else, whether it be keidran, human, or Basitin, is just wrong."
"Of course it is." Rita is not really awake yet, but she is hearing and muttering a bit.
"Vanity..." she yawns. "It is nothing but pure vanity, and not even profitable in the long run. The failure of Empire..." Rita yawns again, and does not move or make any sounds for a few minutes.
She didn't even sound like her regular self, more like some prim little lady reciting her lessons.

The Rookie wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:03 pm Sylvi just huffs at the comment, but she still takes the coat to wear across her lap. She however catches something in the corner of her eye that she could use to get back at Ana without her knowing. Beside the piles of clothes rest a skin tone bra which must have belonged to one of the passengers. "Hey, don't forget your ear warmers. You lose about 40-45% of your heat through your head, ya know."
Raimius didn't notice Rita, it was too quiet... but he sire noticed that.
He can't say a word, although he tries a couple of times, and his eyes bug out until he has to blink away the snowflakes.

yes, it is snowing, the thick silent kind, and he decides he has to concentrate on driving.

A few flakes drift into the Coach... perhaps the first Anna has seen?

The Rookie wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:03 pm"Is that the time you locked me in an isolated room and planned to strangle me while I took a bath?" she laughed. "Oh, if only I knew... I must have sounded like a mad woman to you."
"Mad? Oh hell no, just young and unsure of what was going on. You have to make allowances for that sort of thing." He nods back at the coach while he is talking about that, and the Girls in there.
"Have you ever heard of the concept of Pay it Forward?"

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#959 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

The Rookie wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:03 pm "<Humans are weird like that. I hear some even 'groom' down there to be even less hairless. No wonder they need extra layers to stay warm.>"
"<That doesn't make any sense. I like my fur the way it is. Even if it doesn't keep me warm all the way up here>"
The Rookie wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:03 pmSylvi just huffs at the comment, but she still takes the coat to wear across her lap. She however catches something in the corner of her eye that she could use to get back at Ana without her knowing. Beside the piles of clothes rest a skin tone bra which must have belonged to one of the passengers. "Hey, don't forget your ear warmers. You lose about 40-45% of your heat through your head, ya know."
Phaing wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:28 am Its not so bad like that, the only draft comes from the little window that is open for the others to talk to you.
She may not know what it is, but she is almost an adult. She picks it up and examines it. "But these are round, not triangular, they would never fit on my ears, and even then, this was in a pile of human clothes." She turns around and tries to see how they would fit on a human by holding it up to Raimius' head through the window (Like one of those forced perspective pictures, not actually putting it on him) "It doesn't even look like it would fit a human's ears."

(OOC: I do have a plan that does involve putting them on so I'm not completely dodging, it just depends on what Sylvi does next. Just saying this because I can see how someone may view this as dodging the situation and I don't want to be rude.)
Phaing wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:28 amStay there long enough, it might be a little too warm, but before then you may hear a soft giggle.

"Of course it is." Rita is not really awake yet, but she is hearing and muttering a bit.
"Vanity..." she yawns. "It is nothing but pure vanity, and not even profitable in the long run. The failure of Empire..." Rita yawns again, and does not move or make any sounds for a few minutes.
She didn't even sound like her regular self, more like some prim little lady reciting her lessons.
Annaraia almost jumped out of her new clothing; she had forgotten Rita was there still asleep. "Rita?" She looks more closely and sees she's still asleep. She turns around to face the front window. "I think Rita is waking up, albeit slowly."
Phaing wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:28 amA few flakes drift into the Coach... perhaps the first Anna has seen?
She was in the village the otters attacked, so definitely not first, but maybe second. She hates the stuff. She hides under one of the coats she's wearing to try to avoid it.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#960 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:She didn't even sound like her regular self, more like some prim little lady reciting her lessons.
Sylvi takes notice, but without anything further to imply Rita had awoken, she lets the sleeping child lay for now.
DarkTheImmortal wrote:"<That doesn't make any sense. I like my fur the way it is. Even if it doesn't keep me warm all the way up here>"
"<I know, right? Then you have the males who shave their faces. Like, the ones who can grow big bushy beards that'll keep their cheeks warm just cut them off with really sharp knifes...>" She pauses a moment to point to Raimius's jaw line while tugging lightly on the tuft of hair on the end of her own chin. "<I mean, imagine if we shaved our faces.>" she says; shuddering for dramatic effect. "<The horror...>"
DarkTheImmortal wrote:She may not know what it is, but she is almost an adult. She picks it up and examines it. "But these are round, not triangular, they would never fit on my ears, and even then, this was in a pile of human clothes." She turns around and tries to see how they would fit on a human by holding it up to Raimius' head through the window (Like one of those forced perspective pictures, not actually putting it on him) "It doesn't even look like it would fit a human's ears.
Sylvi wasn't honestly expecting Ana to be so observant, but she manages to save her charade just as it looks to be slipping away from her.

"Well... Umm... Yeah, they don't actually sit over their ears. That would be silly..." Her eyes also flicking between the bra and Raimius' head trying to speculate exactly how it'd fit. "Theeeey sit over the temple area!" she says suddenly with new found confidence in her answer. "Yeah, that's where they lose most of their heat, so the cups try and catch it before it escapes. That's why they call them ear warmers... Cause... They... Look like a second pair of ears, and they warm up the wearer's head." If it's not immediately obvious to Ana from where she's sitting; Raimius should be able to see through Sylvi's poorly concealed smug devilish smile. "You know how humans are all weird like that."

DarkTheImmortal wrote:Annaraia almost jumped out of her new clothing; she had forgotten Rita was there still asleep. "Rita?" She looks more closely and sees she's still asleep. She turns around to face the front window. "I think Rita is waking up, albeit slowly."
Sylvi does her best to peer inside the the little opening to see where Rita was from her point of view. "Maybe pass her a few of those jackets? If you're cold with all that fur I'd hate to think how she'll feel once she wakes up." she ask in a softer tone than before.

Phaing wrote:"Mad? Oh hell no, just young and unsure of what was going on. You have to make allowances for that sort of thing." He nods back at the coach while he is talking about that, and the Girls in there.
"Honey, I tried to jump out of a third story window to get away from you while I was brandishing a knife. You're entitled to agree with me a little bit there." she says a she rolls her eyes away from him accompanied with a gentle sigh.
Phaing wrote:"Have you ever heard of the concept of Pay it Forward?"
"Not really?" she frowns "Is it like tipping? Also, what's the deal with humans and being expected to give them extra money? Is that a normal thing, or like, a Southerner thing?"