Twokinds Industrial Interest Check/Sign-up

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

SirJahar
Grand Templar

Re: Twokinds Industrial Interest Check/Sign-up

#31 Post by SirJahar »

I need some practical information figured out.
Such as "Where are the borders now?
Who is current head honcho of each nation-state?"
and "what is the citizenship status of each race within each state?"
Once those are figured out, we can work on introductions.
I am worried, though.
with all the backgrounds we have for people, we may need to do a staggered start. You know, where different people are introduced over time. I don't want this to take too long, but controlling that is going to take some skill.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#32 Post by RowanEx »

SirJahar wrote:I need some practical information figured out.
Such as "Where are the borders now?
Who is current head honcho of each nation-state?"
and "what is the citizenship status of each race within each state?"
Once those are figured out, we can work on introductions.
I am worried, though.
with all the backgrounds we have for people, we may need to do a staggered start. You know, where different people are introduced over time. I don't want this to take too long, but controlling that is going to take some skill.
The borders? I imagine the Basistin have a few outposts mainland. The human empire is controlling most of the mainlang and has an outpost on the Isles. The Keidrans are more or less trying to keep their territories intact.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#33 Post by SirJahar »

Well, SOMEBODY said he did up a character sheet that can be used as a base so we have an idea of who our characters are, where they are from, and what they can do.

As for a story, I have enough idea to get up and running, and can try to flesh it out and free-base as we go on.
I've also been trying to do up a map for reference material.

So, I guess here goes basics:
we are about 1600 years removed from the main Twokinds story.

HISTORY
As time has marched on, war, diplomacy, and natural disasters have shaped the land and its people as much as magic and iron.
The Templars were routed from the Human capital 200 years after the main TK story.
The southern half of Forest wolf territory fell to the templars, now operating out of what was known as the Templar West college 80 years later.
It is around this time that Ditteridge officially becomes part of Snow Wolf Territory. Its people simply wanting to be part of a nation where the government is closer to home and not some distant crown. This led to a war, most of the battles taking place around the Whitefield Ruins. The resulting White Federation was famed for its mixed Magic and Metal tactics.112 years ago, the White Republic was founded in a war of independance that united Whitefield, the Northern Tundra, and Shattered Rock with the White Federation.
The Tiger have ended up the treatied allies of the monarchy.
The Eastern Basitins, seeing that magic was a dead end for them, invested vast amounts of time, labor, and treasure into scientific research, and as a result have recently found themselves at a crossroads between holding true to their honor, and uniting the islands under a single banner. 800 years after the story of TK, the Basitins, after maintaining ties with the mainland, Land in Vippen and proceed to take over much of Fox Territory. Recent developments have pushed the discontents to outright revolt, the uprising still in its early and unorganized days.
Back in human lands, the royal line has found a new branch to follow.
In recent years, about 40 years before the beginning of our tale, the Templars have begun another move to expand, and re-assert their very brutal regime. 15 years ago, a new Master Spy came to power and has been putting plans in place to make that happen.
Now: The Templars have been meddling in affairs the continent over. While in some places they have had much more difficulty gaining a foothold due to ideological differences, such as the White Republic, they have still sunk their tendrils in. Keep your eyes open, because any event could have a sinister element behind it, or be genuine.

TECH AND MAGIC!
Due to a document acquired by Ketzal, I am actually going with Tech and magic synergize so well that you will see very few examples of one advancing without the other. In Twokinds, a mage or enchanter's skill is in no small part determined by their understanding of the science they are working with.

The airship: Still around, a luxury form of travel at this point, oft propelled by magic creating wind.
The steam engine: usually enhanced by magic to make it better contain its heat in the pipes to move the steam to the turbine, these are usually fueled by coal, but in some areas are run on wood, or even mage fire. These began appearing around 100 years ago.
There are also versions where the pipes themselves actually produce the heat to generate steam, removing the need for a firebox at all. These are obviously very expensive.
The Railroad: Airships were fine and dandy to move small amounts of people about, but to really move people and goods, you need the massive tonnage of rail. Appearing on the scene in small miles soon after the steam engine, there are now several large rail lines covering vast sections of the continent.
The Gun: Gunpowder was originally an accident, not what it's creators wanted to develop at all. But a light powder that could release a large amount of energy quickly was worth noting down. the first guns were fielded to take advantage of how cheap and easy it was to make, and to make it more possible to devastate a city without mages. Cannons found themselves miniaturized much as they did in our world, but magic made sparking the pan easier, though nobody ever thought to make it keep the blast from going out the hole. Advancing chemical knowledge lead to smokeless powder, and physics lead to the rifled bore, until the stage was set for the bolt action rifle to appear. This is now in large service. The single action revolver has even come on stage in the last 5 years or so.
The Mana-Kinetic Device: Coming from a paper published not long after the story of Twokinds, it suggested a way to turn mana into mechanical motion. While the idea was novel, actually doing so in a practical way was simply unfeasible at the time, nobody even thought to construct a prototype it was so inefficient.
However, it remained an idea that floated around the Arcane community, the great challenge that couldn't be cracked. It wasn't until the advent of the steam engine that any progress was made, but it is rapidly catching up in terms of cost for fuel in -> to energy out.

NATIONS!
The Emerald Confederacy: what's left of the Forest Wolves united under a iron-fisted and very backward, paranoid king.
The Felines: The feline clans organized under a common flag, under a strict matriarchal military government.
The White Republic: The northern lands brought together, they are a mix of humans, snow wolves, and hybrids. It's said every wolf has a little human in them up their, and every human a little canine blood in their line. Slavery is outlawed.
The Basitin Empire: Basins and foxes
The Dragon Empire: It's actually the human monarchy. Slavery is still legal, but the empire is on the verge of splintering further over the issue.
The Templar Order and Vastle Fifedoms: The various lands the Templar control by offering "Protection". A land controlled mostly by fear and cruelty, slavery is still seen as the norm.

Objections, please make them below, and I'll bug my friend who said he would do up a character sheet.

Butterscotch
Master

#34 Post by Butterscotch »

You spelled 'Basitin' wrong at some point in there.

So, The Basitin Empire is still whole? Or on the Verge of splitting? I may need to rewrite my character sheet now...

Speaking of the character sheets... I'll copy and paste the layout and an example here!
Spoiler!
TK Industrial

Character:
- Name:
- Race:
- Strengths:
- Weaknesses:
- Personality:
- Ref?:

Physical:
- Height:
- Hair/Fur:
- Eyes:
- Skin:
- Clothing:

Offensive:
- Weapons/tools:
- Magical abilities (if applicable):
- Weakness:

Story:
- Lore:
- Past acquaintances:
- Nationality:
- Ideology:
- Fears:

Eg:
Spoiler!

TK Industrial

Character:
• Name: Crowley Munn
• Race:Basitin
• Strengths: Spear Proficiency, Basitin Hearing, Basitin Immunity
• Weaknesses: Short Sighted
• Personality: Honourable, Often lost in thought, Quiet.
• Ref?: Image

Physical:
• Height: 5'6
• Hair/Fur: Brown
• Eyes: Green
• Skin:
• Clothing: Personally made Leather/Gold/Fur Armour

Offensive:
• Weapons/tools: Personally made spear
• Magical abilities (if applicable):
• Weakness: Armour offers little protection to gunshots

Story:
• Lore: Born on the mainland in [Waiting for Map of World]. Crowley's parents trained him in the old Basitin ways since the age of 5. During these practices, Crowley's Lower lip annd chin has been scarred and his eyesight has been damaged. At the age of 10, Crowley, while travelling a desert with his parents, stumbled into a quicksand pit, nearly killing him, this left him with a fear of Deserts and Sand.Once Crowley stopped growing taller (at the age of twelve) He was given his custom armour by his parents. At the age of 16, having shown to excel in combat with a spear, his parents passed down their spear unto him. Now at the age of 18, Crowley wanders the mainland as a 'hands-for-hire'.
• Past acquaintances: Parents (Mathias Munn and Charmeine Munn)
• Nationality: Mainland Basitin
• Ideology: Anti-Gun, Believes in Honourable Combat
• Fears: Deserts, Sand
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

zackepic22

#35 Post by zackepic22 »

So, is Ephemural still no longer preventing hybrid births?

Butterscotch
Master

#36 Post by Butterscotch »

zackepic22 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:02 pm So, is Ephemural still no longer preventing hybrid births?
I suppose it depends on the hybrid. We know kat is a cat/dog hybrid but I assume you mean Basitin/Keidrans, Human/Keidran or Human/Basitin?
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

zackepic22

#37 Post by zackepic22 »

Butterscotch wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:05 pm
zackepic22 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:02 pm So, is Ephemural still no longer preventing hybrid births?
I suppose it depends on the hybrid. We know kat is a cat/dog hybrid but I assume you mean Basitin/Keidrans or Human/Basitin?
You forgot Human/Keidran, but, yeah, those types of hybrids.

...Although, then again, The White Republic pretty much more or less straight up says H/K hybrids and mixed bloods are still a thing, so, nevermind. XD

Butterscotch
Master

#38 Post by Butterscotch »

zackepic22 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:12 pm
Butterscotch wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:05 pm
I suppose it depends on the hybrid. We know kat is a cat/dog hybrid but I assume you mean Basitin/Keidrans or Human/Basitin?
You forgot Human/Keidran, but, yeah, those types of hybrids.

...Although, then again, The White Republic pretty much more or less straight up says H/K hybrids and mixed bloods are still a thing, so, nevermind. XD
Alright! Yeah, just finish a character sheet and Sarnak will look over it. If there's any issue, he'll contact you.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

zackepic22

#39 Post by zackepic22 »

Character:
- Name: Councilor Edmil Frostpaw
- Race: Human/Snow Wolf Keidran Hybrid
- Strengths: Political Training, Skilled Swordsman, Enhanced Scent, Hearing and Reflexes(From Keidran side)
- Weaknesses: A Temper that tends to flare up due to political moronicness, and a lack of subtlety when frustrated
- Personality: Fair, Mostly Honest, Devoted to his people and culture, brash
- Age: ~23(Middle-aged from combined Human and Keidran blood, yet, he actually seems to age pretty well so far)
- Languages: Human, Keidran
- Ref?:

Physical:
- Height: 5'11"
- Hair/Fur: Black(Including a heavy beard and moustache)/White
- Eyes: Blue
- Skin: Slightly Pale Caucasian
- Clothing: Fur coat, pants, an armored vestment on his torso, as well as bandages around his feet.
- Keidran parts: Ears, Forearms, Forelegs, and tail

Offensive:
- Weapons/tools: Longsword
- Magical abilities (if applicable): Has a slight aptitude for mana crystal use, mostly using that kind of magic for small elemental attacks in combat
- Weaknesses: He has a slight limp in his left paw, and, his hearing's no longer as good in his left ear.

Story:
- Lore: The Frostpaws are quite possibly one of the oldest mixed Human/Keidran families in the history of the White Federation/Republic, believed to be descended from old Snow Wolf nobility, though, in this modern age, no one is entirely sure of the truth. However, they are one of the more powerful families in the Republic. Edmil was the second son of the late Lord and Lady Frostpaw, both hybrids themselves. Despite not being the heir, he was given important responsibility. He was trained by his uncle Kendro in matters of politics, by family friend, local human captain of the guard, Captain Erin Hasway, in matters of Swordsmanship and physical combat, and finally, by his father himself, in the art of using magic and mana crystals. He currently serves a councilor to the Republic, and does his best to keep those who would damage the Republic's integrity and equality in check.
- Past acquaintances: Marsan(Older Brother), Palia(Younger Sister)
- Nationality: White Republic
- Ideology: Equality, Fairness, and Morality. No one must rule with an Iron Fist.
- Fears: Templar Supremacy, Human Supremacy, Complete or Major loss of Morality, both political and otherwise.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#40 Post by Lief »

Interesting RP concept, and I've been itching to try out this kind of character for a while now. Although if this is going to be like the RPs of old, where people are posting a couple dozen times a day, I don't think I'll be able to keep up. :?
Spoiler!
Character:
- Name: Kiersten "Keers" Holmwood
- Race: Basitin
- Strengths: Typical benefits from being a Basitin. Good shot. Skilled fighter. Quiet. Undaunted.
- Weaknesses: Mute. Headstrong. Copper allergy. Undaunted.
- Personality: Cheerful (And that's about where I give up with personality this day.)
- Language: Bits and pieces of everything. Fluent in Basitin, doesn't have much trouble with Human, and knows several dialects of Keidran, primarily those used in the White Republic.
- Appearance: About average height for a female basitin. A bit on the thin side, but with well-defined muscles and a bust size befitting her frame. Hair isn't styled, cut somewhere between a pixie cut and bob, leaning closer to the bob. Typically a vague mess, but never tangled or knotted.

Physical:
- Height: 5'4/1.62M
- Hair/Fur: Tan fur, silver hair.
- Eyes: Blue-Grey
- Skin: N/A.
- Clothing: A white short-sleeve shirt. Faded brown Jack-of-plate. Grey trousers, likely once black. Faded brown leather knee and shin protectors. Incredibly well-worn brown leather boots, steel-capped. Leather gloves. Lacquered steel vambrace on left arm. Undergarments. Grey cloak with hood, may have been black once.

Offensive:
- Weapons/Tools: A simple but well-made longsword. A plain hunting knife. A straight-pull bolt-action carbine.
- Magical Abilities: Personally, none. On account of being a Basitin. Vambrace is enchanted, however, and can project a magical shield. Can cover roughly 3/4 of Keers herself, depending on positioning of her arm. Only indication it's in use is a slight wavering in the air. Powered by mana crystals hidden in the straps. People are unaffected and pass right through. Otherwise it can turn away blades and bullets alike, although it eats through crystals at an alarming pace in doing so.
- Weakness: Limited protection. Small stature, large rifle (It's 39" in total length, which is over half her height.)

Story:
- Lore: Keers has a genetic defect of some sort. Whatever it is, it caused her hair to whiten at fifteen, and has given her an allergy to copper. It may have affected her mind, too, as she was always rebellious during her youth. She left the isles and the empire at 16 of her own accord, though rumors of her impending exile had already started spreading by that time. She later discovered that they had followed through on her exile, despite the fact she had failed to show up for the hearing (having not been aware of it in the first place). She found this humorous. Keers has been wandering, doing odd jobs and mercenary work for nearly a decade now. She wasn't born mute, but some event during her life has made her this way.
- Acquaintances: Parents (Presumed dead, but otherwise has no way to contact them), several mercenaries, innkeepers everywhere.
- Nationality: Kingdom of Keers (AKA none)
- Ideology: Against strict rules. Otherwise, goes with the flow.
- Fears: The ground. (Falling, from great height, into said ground. The heights themselves don't bother her.) Snakes.
Lemme know if there's a problem.

Butterscotch
Master

#41 Post by Butterscotch »

Heya! Sorry to be a tad annoying, but could everybody uodate their character sheets and add your languages spoken?

• Languages:

Like so...
Spoiler!

TK Industrial

Character:
• Name: Crowley Munn
• Race:Basitin
• Strengths: Spear Proficiency, Basitin Hearing, Basitin Immunity
• Weaknesses: Short Sighted
• Personality: Honourable, Often lost in thought, Quiet.
• Languages: Basitin, Keidran
• Ref?: Image

Physical:
• Height: 5'6
• Hair/Fur: Brown
• Eyes: Green
• Skin:
• Clothing: Personally made Leather/Gold/Fur Armour

Offensive:
• Weapons/tools: Personally made spear
• Magical abilities (if applicable):
• Weakness: Armour offers little protection to gunshots

Story:
• Lore: Born on the mainland in the Fox's Ridge Tribe. Crowley's parents trained him in the old Basitin ways since the age of 5. During these practices, Crowley's Lower lip annd chin has been scarred and his eyesight has been damaged. At the age of 10, Crowley, while travelling a desert with his parents, stumbled into a quicksand pit, nearly killing him, this left him with a fear of Deserts and Sand.Once Crowley stopped growing taller (at the age of twelve) He was given his custom armour by his parents. At the age of 16, having shown to excel in combat with a spear, his parents passed down their spear unto him. Now at the age of 18, Crowley wanders the mainland as a 'hands-for-hire'.
• Past acquaintances: Parents (Mathias Munn and Charmeine Munn)
• Nationality: Mainland Basitin
• Ideology: Anti-Gun, Believes in Honourable Combat
• Fears: Deserts, Sand
Also, we have a soooooooort of map now if you wanna look at this and judge! Hopefully this is not the completed version, we're gonna get someone to make it look.....'nicer'
Spoiler!
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

zackepic22

#42 Post by zackepic22 »

Updated.

Edit: ...So, wait, there's a Basitin City in the White Republic?

Butterscotch
Master

#43 Post by Butterscotch »

zackepic22 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:47 pm Updated.

No...or...we dont think so. Thats just Tom being confusing, that city is there in the actual art work of the map. And WE think, its not a Basitin city, just a castle
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

zackepic22

#44 Post by zackepic22 »

Butterscotch wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:06 pm
zackepic22 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:47 pm Updated.

No...or...we dont think so. Thats just Tom being confusing, that city is there in the actual art work of the map. And WE think, its not a Basitin city, just a castle
Ah.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#45 Post by Lief »

Butterscotch wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:43 pm Heya! Sorry to be a tad annoying, but could everybody uodate their character sheets and add your languages spoken?

• Languages:
Done