What Are You Currently Playing?

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

#2986 Post by Akira110 »

I just recorded a full on [censored] Let's play of Aria of Sorrow, WITHOUT DYING! UNDERLEVELED!
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#2987 Post by Myperson54 »

Agrarian Skies has eaten up so much of my time lately. I've poured hours into it and finally got ore processing fully automatic. Now to begin farming...

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Butterscotch
Master

#2988 Post by Butterscotch »

I just bought "This War of Mine" and oooooooooh man. It is one sad game.

For those of you who dont know what it is, you play as a bunch of randomly selected civilians in a 'safehouse' in the middle of a civil war. You cant go outside during the day or you'll get shot by snipers, so you build and upgrade during the day and scavenge at night.

In my play through, i started with four people. Marin, who was a handyman. Anton, who was a scientist. Cveta, a School teacher and Roman, who was a deserter from the army. My first few days went by smoothly, i had enough food and materials, everyone was getting enough sleep. But one night, i sent Roman out to scavenge for supplies, and i had unknowingly sent him into another groups 'safehouse'. One of the men caught me and pulled out his gun, and shot Roman, however, i survived and attacked him with my crowbar. I didnt know that he was begging me for mercy before i delivered the final blow, and before i had registered what was being said, he had collapsed to the floor dead. At this point, someone upstairs had exclaimed that they were "Going to check out all the noise", so i ran and hid. He came down the stairs and saw his comrades body, and collapsed to his knees and started crying over his friend, 'Aleksy'. ("Aleksy, please, come back to me! ;-;) Before anything else could happen, i ran out of there as fast as i could. I stole bandages from the hospital to help treat Roman, but it was too late, he died the following day. Fast forward 8 days and we were desperately low on food, so i sent Marin to scavenge the supermarket. I entered the first room and saw nothing, but when i peeked through the second room, i saw a soldier harassing a girl, before eventually, he smacked her to the ground. With his back turned to me, i snuck in and stabbed him in the back, saving the poor girl, it was incredibly stupid of me, the soldier had a gun and i had a knife, but i was very lucky. I had found just enough supplies to survive for that night, so i returned to the market the following night, where i was greeted by a women, telling me of how her neighbour was saved from a soldier and that she was now safe with her parents.

This game hits you right in the feels.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#2989 Post by Cyon »

Butterscotch wrote:I just bought "This War of Mine" and oooooooooh man. It is one sad game.
I'll have to check it out, looks like my type of game
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#2990 Post by Jonesy »

I got Dishonored 2 for Christmas, and have been having a good time with it so far. Probably enjoying it more than the original (which, for the record, I enjoyed quite a lot). Karnaca is a good blend of the recognizable art style with an exotic twist, the levels have excellent variety for the most part and Emily's powers are fun to use. Mind you, I have been taking it slow, so as not to burn through the game. And, I am a little disappointed that I've apparently killed people, ruining my pacifist run, but I can't be [censored] to reload since I don't know where and when any of this happened.

I've also been playing Starbound on the side. At this point, I'm basically just working on building projects with the help of cheats. I've built outposts, towns, arcologies, and everything inbetween. I'm currently working on a Glitch city loosely inspired by Thief, which is coming along slowly but surely. The Vault update hasn't changed much for me, due to the aforementioned cheats. But the terraforming has proved interesting, as I've turned a few post-apocalyptic Scorched planets into far more habitable Lush, Forest or even Jungle ones. Especially awesome when there are settlements on these planets, who can now thrive thanks to the new environmental conditions. Or, at least, not get hit by meteors.

Vintage
Certified Fool

#2991 Post by Vintage »

Jonesy wrote:I got Dishonored 2 for Christmas, and have been having a good time with it so far. Probably enjoying it more than the original (which, for the record, I enjoyed quite a lot). Karnaca is a good blend of the recognizable art style with an exotic twist, the levels have excellent variety for the most part and Emily's powers are fun to use. Mind you, I have been taking it slow, so as not to burn through the game. And, I am a little disappointed that I've apparently killed people, ruining my pacifist run, but I can't be [censored] to reload since I don't know where and when any of this happened.

I've also been playing Starbound on the side. At this point, I'm basically just working on building projects with the help of cheats. I've built outposts, towns, arcologies, and everything inbetween. I'm currently working on a Glitch city loosely inspired by Thief, which is coming along slowly but surely. The Vault update hasn't changed much for me, due to the aforementioned cheats. But the terraforming has proved interesting, as I've turned a few post-apocalyptic Scorched planets into far more habitable Lush, Forest or even Jungle ones. Especially awesome when there are settlements on these planets, who can now thrive thanks to the new environmental conditions. Or, at least, not get hit by meteors.
I just finished Dishonored 2 a couple days ago, and I loved it! I did a ghost and merciful run with Emily and luckily it wasn't too frustrating. I'll probably do a high chaos run with Corvo after I finish Watch_Dogs 2.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Jonesy
Templar Master

#2992 Post by Jonesy »

Vintage wrote:
Jonesy wrote:I got Dishonored 2 for Christmas, and have been having a good time with it so far. Probably enjoying it more than the original (which, for the record, I enjoyed quite a lot). Karnaca is a good blend of the recognizable art style with an exotic twist, the levels have excellent variety for the most part and Emily's powers are fun to use. Mind you, I have been taking it slow, so as not to burn through the game. And, I am a little disappointed that I've apparently killed people, ruining my pacifist run, but I can't be [censored] to reload since I don't know where and when any of this happened.

I just finished Dishonored 2 a couple days ago, and I loved it! I did a ghost and merciful run with Emily and luckily it wasn't too frustrating. I'll probably do a high chaos run with Corvo after I finish Watch_Dogs 2.
Also finished Dishonored 2 just this morning, and was similarly impressed. Definitely a big step up over the first game, which was itself something of a modern classic. I'm also started a New Game+ run with Corvo, which will probably be more of an on-and-off thing. I'll be sticking to low chaos, but I might be a little more cavalier about it (killing targets that deserve it, non-lethally engaging guards when detected, etc.). I've already thrown Captain Ramsay off Dunwall Tower, which is a good start if I do say so myself.

Vintage
Certified Fool

#2993 Post by Vintage »

Jonesy wrote:Also finished Dishonored 2 just this morning, and was similarly impressed. Definitely a big step up over the first game, which was itself something of a modern classic. I'm also started a New Game+ run with Corvo, which will probably be more of an on-and-off thing. I'll be sticking to low chaos, but I might be a little more cavalier about it (killing targets that deserve it, non-lethally engaging guards when detected, etc.). I've already thrown Captain Ramsay off Dunwall Tower, which is a good start if I do say so myself.
The one problem I had with the game was that there was basically no intro sequence; the game just directly throws you into the action, whereas the first game actually had more of a buildup. Similarly, the end simply seemed to stop abruptly, giving you a "happily ever after" epilogue (I did low chaos) delivered in what seemed to be 30 seconds. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, but overall the story was comprised like a large sandwich without the bread on top or the bottom.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Jonesy
Templar Master

#2994 Post by Jonesy »

Vintage wrote:
Jonesy wrote:Also finished Dishonored 2 just this morning, and was similarly impressed. Definitely a big step up over the first game, which was itself something of a modern classic. I'm also started a New Game+ run with Corvo, which will probably be more of an on-and-off thing. I'll be sticking to low chaos, but I might be a little more cavalier about it (killing targets that deserve it, non-lethally engaging guards when detected, etc.). I've already thrown Captain Ramsay off Dunwall Tower, which is a good start if I do say so myself.
The one problem I had with the game was that there was basically no intro sequence; the game just directly throws you into the action, whereas the first game actually had more of a buildup. Similarly, the end simply seemed to stop abruptly, giving you a "happily ever after" epilogue (I did low chaos) delivered in what seemed to be 30 seconds. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, but overall the story was comprised like a large sandwich without the bread on top or the bottom.
Yeah, I noticed that with the ending as well. I assumed there'd be one last cutscene at the very least, with a royal speech reflecting what Emily learnt and accomplished. But no, just the typical "Let me explain everything..." before cutting to black. Even the ending with the Outsider's narration seemed shorter than it should have been, and ended in an odd place.
Spoiler!
By ending with Billie Lurk meeting Daud, they're almost certainly foreshadowing a DLC featuring them. Because their story arcs totally weren't given satisfying conclusions by this point, no siree. :roll:

Vintage
Certified Fool

#2995 Post by Vintage »

Jonesy wrote:
Spoiler!
By ending with Billie Lurk meeting Daud, they're almost certainly foreshadowing a DLC featuring them. Because their story arcs totally weren't given satisfying conclusions by this point, no siree. :roll:
(I'll post one more thing about DH2, otherwise I'll make a new thread for it)
Spoiler!
I knew that she was Billie Lurk from the beginning. It just seemed to make sense how everything fit into place, so I wasn't really that surprised when the game revealed that. I also heard that there wasn't going to be any DLC since Arkane is working on their next game. Makes me really sad because I'd love a DLC with Daud/Bille.
Image Image

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#2996 Post by Envy661 »

Let's see... More Titanfall 2, more Forza Horizon 3, and a lot of Minecraft Windows 10 edition, as well as working on a map in the Java version.

A lot less Xenoverse 2. I just... I stopped caring. It's just too similar, and Xenoverse 1 wasn't really a great enough game to play something nearly identical to it. Though I do enjoy playing as a Frieza race over a saiyan, the changes that were made that made it so you have to repeat every single tedious element every time you create a new character killed the experience for me.

That being said, if any of you guys want to play any of the other games I've mentioned on PC, let me know. I've gone a long time now with no one to play Titanfall 2 with in particular.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

xboxgamer969
Citizen

#2997 Post by xboxgamer969 »

Envy661 wrote:Let's see... More Titanfall 2, more Forza Horizon 3, and a lot of Minecraft Windows 10 edition, as well as working on a map in the Java version.

A lot less Xenoverse 2. I just... I stopped caring. It's just too similar, and Xenoverse 1 wasn't really a great enough game to play something nearly identical to it. Though I do enjoy playing as a Frieza race over a saiyan, the changes that were made that made it so you have to repeat every single tedious element every time you create a new character killed the experience for me.

That being said, if any of you guys want to play any of the other games I've mentioned on PC, let me know. I've gone a long time now with no one to play Titanfall 2 with in particular.
nice another person here who plays Forza, nice :)

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#2998 Post by Envy661 »

Recently picked up Rainbow Six: Siege and Stellaris.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Akira110
Literary Artist

#2999 Post by Akira110 »

Stardew Valley
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3000 Post by Envy661 »

A cross between Minecraft, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, and Redout.

Also, did I mention I got an Oculus Rift? VR is no gimmick, folks. I was a skeptic, but not anymore.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq