Book 3 Plans?

A place to discuss the production of the second book in the Twokinds series.

Moderator: Moderators

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: Book 3 Plans?

#91 Post by Hayate »

Anthea wrote:Anyway, the end of book 3 now relates to the online comic from May 2008. So... any plans on Book 4,5,6 and 7? :D
I do believe that 4 is already in the works. Though all I know for sure is that I've seen a sketch of the covers (At least I'm pretty sure I have). I'll try and find it and maybe link it later!
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Samantaz
Master

#92 Post by Samantaz »

Anthea wrote:I received mine here in Germany on saturday. Of course by now I've read it. And restarted with book 1 again ;) I really enjoyed it, and the quality of the graphics is great.

And once again I think that for reading, a real book is better than everything else. And if it simply is the easy possibility to go back some pages to check something. The loading time is much faster ;)

Anyway, the end of book 3 now relates to the online comic from May 2008. So... any plans on Book 4,5,6 and 7? :D
Damn you ! Mine is still on the way ... I placed my order two month ago !!! The tracking # says it's in France ! Finally !
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#93 Post by Neutral Smith »

Mine had the customs clearance on Friday. I wonder how much I have to pay the mail-man for clearance charges and VAT.

I hope they have done it correctly, here the VAT on books is 6%, on other items it's 21%.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

xboxgamer969
Citizen

#94 Post by xboxgamer969 »

Got my books today, love the cleaner look of the pages, I was comparing the comic to the book and its just a tiny bit cleaner looking on the books, the first book is vastly different looking from the comic on certain pages aswell

Overall I like it, just wish the books were up to date with the webcomic but its fine I guess, artbook is nice too there's some art I've not seen from him online that is in the book so its nice to see :)

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#95 Post by SirJahar »

Neutral Smith wrote:Mine had the customs clearance on Friday. I wonder how much I have to pay the mail-man for clearance charges and VAT.

I hope they have done it correctly, here the VAT on books is 6%, on other items it's 21%.
The price wasn't included in tue cost of shipping?

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster

#96 Post by Neutral Smith »

SirJahar wrote:
Neutral Smith wrote:Mine had the customs clearance on Friday. I wonder how much I have to pay the mail-man for clearance charges and VAT.

The price wasn't included in the cost of shipping?
Every country has its own tax rules. If I import something from outside the EU that is more expensive than €22,- there will be VAT and clearance costs.

For the US they are:
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail ... 0the%20U.S.
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail ... ed%20goods
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail ... -than-duty
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#97 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Huh, I didn't have to pay anything when my bundle arrived yesterday. And I'm also in the EU
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Anthea

#98 Post by Anthea »

I didn't have to pay any additional tax, either.

As for the first book, I think I remember Tom once stated that he had to redo nearly everything, because the graphics wasn't suitable for printing, from colors to resolution. I hope that the newer comics need less maintenance to be printed.

Samantaz
Master

#99 Post by Samantaz »

Neutral Smith wrote:
SirJahar wrote:

The price wasn't included in the cost of shipping?
Every country has its own tax rules. If I import something from outside the EU that is more expensive than €22,- there will be VAT and clearance costs.

For the US they are:
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail ... 0the%20U.S.
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail ... ed%20goods
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail ... -than-duty
I hope mine won't have any custom clearance :/ I already paid almost 30$ of shipping, so it'd be a pain in the a** for me !

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster

#100 Post by Neutral Smith »

I can pay €18,76...

Oh well... That will be the most expensive books I have bought in the last years ($99.99 for the books, $39.99 for shipping, and now a bit over $20 duty and clearance, $40 for each book I'm not even sure I'm going to read :shock: (because I already know the story)

In comparison:
Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe € 24,99
Necronomicon H.P. Lovecraft € 25,99
The Complete Fiction H.P. Lovecraft € 25,99

That were the most expensive books, for the rest I have paperbacks, like the complete Diskworld series (only the novels), Dark Tower books, A Song of Ice and Fire boxset, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy boxset, and would I be a good nerd if I didn't have The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings (1-3) boxset? :P
And I think I missed a few classics on my bookshelf, I have 'a few' more books

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#101 Post by NiWo21k »

Neutral Smith wrote:I can pay €18,76...

Oh well... That will be the most expensive books I have bought in the last years ($99.99 for the books, $39.99 for shipping, and now a bit over $20 duty and clearance, $40 for each book I'm not even sure I'm going to read :shock: (because I already know the story)
My books arrived also this week, but i was a little bit luckier - only had to pay 8,86 €....

Something i noticed and maybe someone has noticed something similar: after going through the books (hardcover versions) i had the feeling some pages are a little bit thin - i thought i would rip them any moment (not that this happens).
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Jarlath
Citizen

#102 Post by Jarlath »

Got my hard covers today (they arrived couple days ago, but I was out of country).

Had to pay an additional $16.53 CDN for Customs delivery.

Just re-read book 1, and noted that one of my images I most remember was not in it...
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=69
Too bad...

:) Very pleased with ALL the books and the quality... Except for in book one it seems that every few pages has some printing "streaks"? they are just slight blemishes that I'd associate with a printing process (a slight lessening of the brightness of the page colours that is repeated every few pages at the same spot...)

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#103 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Jarlath wrote:Got my hard covers today (they arrived couple days ago, but I was out of country).

Had to pay an additional $16.53 CDN for Customs delivery.

Just re-read book 1, and noted that one of my images I most remember was not in it...
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=69
Too bad...

:) Very pleased with ALL the books and the quality... Except for in book one it seems that every few pages has some printing "streaks"? they are just slight blemishes that I'd associate with a printing process (a slight lessening of the brightness of the page colours that is repeated every few pages at the same spot...)
Heh, yes...down in Vega$, looking at things that go boom. :twisted: Lucky you. 8) I saw some of Janna's posts on FB from the event over the past few days.

I haven't had the chance to glance through all the books thoroughly, but quality of mine looked quite decent for the most part. There will always be some occasional issues during printing, which is obviously nothing new.
Videre videnda.

Samantaz
Master

#104 Post by Samantaz »

Neutral Smith wrote:I can pay €18,76...

It'd be the more expensive for me too xDD. I just don't know how much custom clearance costed ...

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster

#105 Post by Neutral Smith »

Yay!

(I had to remove Nineteen Eighty-Four and Animal Farm to give them a place... I think I'll have to stop buying books, although 'Aldous Huxley - Brave New World' is also a classic I want)