My Channel

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

Re: My Channel

#76 Post by Ketzal »

Okay, one thing I'm going to say is that I spent the first half of the video wondering "what the hell is he talking about?" Even when you went into detail about Leafy's videos I still had to look up the guy because I have never heard about him up until this point. If you're making this video for people that are already familiar with the controversy that happened around him, then I guess that's fine, but even then you should provide more context than just mentioning his name.

Secondly, what's with the swastikas in the thumbnail? What does that have to do with what you're talking about?

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#77 Post by Ketzal »

SperoWolf wrote: Wait... you've never watched Leafy or Pyrocynical? For shame. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVHWGFRGY_o
I mean, those channels aren't really my thing. I was just making a point that it would be a good idea to establish the setting for whatever it is you're discussing in your videos, like saying "on such and such day and month, this video got posted and got this kind of reaction" at the beginning. It gives the viewer some context as to what you're talking about.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#78 Post by Ketzal »

SperoWolf wrote: I just wasn't expecting anyone not to know of Leafy, by now. He's been one of the fastest growing channels for the last six months-ish; spanning four million in that time.
I mean, that's great, but if I hadn't watched your video I probably still would've been oblivious of his channel. I'm not saying that as an insult, it's just not the realm of youtube I'm interested in.

One other thing that I will say is that regardless of the guy's intentions, there's still a negative ripple effect that he's making by putting out videos that mock others'. It's great that he makes an effort to tell people NOT to engage in asinine behavior like going to the videos and sending death threats, but what does he expect to happen when he spends a video mocking and criticizing someone else? I will say that this is from the viewpoint of not having watched any of his videos yet, so I don't have the full story. Just from an outsider's perspective, it seems like a style of youtube channel that is just going to cause grief, intended or not.

HeckobA
Master

#79 Post by HeckobA »

I'm curious about how you met the other youtubers for the collab. Ultimate Chicken Horse is pretty entertaining to watch. Also, ggwp. FoxyFern does seem to have some nice let's play videos too. Has some videos of Stonehearth, which looks interesting. Didn't know that was a thing before now. Also more Subnautica, which I'm also playing atm. It's a great game!
ImageImage
-~☼ Look! It's my Steam Profile! ☼~-