SettingsSyncHost.Exe APPCrash keeps happening

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

SettingsSyncHost.Exe APPCrash keeps happening

#1 Post by Akira110 »

I've been minding my own business after refreshing my computer and not installing anything third party, then I get an alert that says SettingSyncHost.exe APPCRASHed. So I tell it to stop the process, think things are done. It pops up minutes later. So I update my computer, STILL pops up. So I run /sfc scannow, no issues. I run an image scan on my computer, no anomalies. I run checkdisk, no anomalies. I run a Malware scan. NO anomalies STILL. So I turn off skydrive. Is there any way to fix this other than having skydrive off?
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Samantaz
Master

Re: SettingsSyncHost.Exe APPCrash keeps happening

#2 Post by Samantaz »

I you have a windows 8, it can comes from here :
This executable is a genuine part of MS Windows, Host Process for Setting Synchronization. It is responsible for synchronization of user system setting within all user's computers and Windows installations. User can find the global settings of this feature in -> PC Settings and there go to the "Sync your Settings" section. There are on/off switches for all the different items user can choose to sync. Here user can simply set off the setting he/she doesn't want to synchronize.
Source
Spoiler!
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: SettingsSyncHost.Exe APPCrash keeps happening

#3 Post by Akira110 »

I did that, I just don't know which part of what setting is causing the issue. I don't mind the thing being on so much, even if it does slow down my computer.

Update: I had to reset my ENTIRE OS. Fortunately I had the foresight to backup what was important to me, so score.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.