Northern Ireland will leave the UK
10%

Total votes: 21

Bon
Master

Re: End of the United Kingdom?

#16 Post by Bon »

minime wrote:
schradieck wrote:Well, I'll take any if you in on a moments notice, if you decide to move to Canada,
I'll be on my way if i'm ever able to X3
Ill hide in minis suitcase!

Add/Follow me on anything :flora:

Steam!

Twitter!

Facebook!

Twitch!

PSN: IBonsly

Karcharoth
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by Karcharoth »

I'm looking kinda curiously at what is happening right now, spent quite some time analysing both the EU and the UK from historic and economic standpoint during one of my thesis. This whole situation is like a best possible Christmas gift for Putin, chaos and disruption in the EU and Western Europe. I mean like we don't have any other problems. Not like we have far right nationalists coming to power everywhere... I hope this won't end bad for the world.

But, at least in my opinion, the EU shouldn't cry at what GB is doing. At least we wouldn't see Nigels face when they are gone...

Jokes aside (tho I would really love to see Nigel getting his karma back), I don't think that the UK will break apart with each country going their separate ways. That would be just a suicidal wish if they would agree on it. Not that Brexit vote wasn't a suicidal wish... I think i would rather put my money on Scotland's leaving the UK as one of the reasons UK won't leave the EU, rather work a plan of being and not being in at the same time. And I think that the second EU-stay-or-leave referendum is not an option. Why? If they would get second one and the result would be "stay", the "leavers" could do the same call for a next one. And again and again. Referendums don't work like that. They are definitive unless something validates a need for another one. And simply being unhappy with the result isn't a valid reason. Tho Nigel lying about those 350mln pounds might be a valid one...

Another problem are those bullies around the UK, giving hate-speech to immigrants, calling them "Vermin go home!" or even fighting them that amassed after the Brexit vote. Thanks a lot Nigel.
Place for Your advert!

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#18 Post by Nuff »

I'm happy for Scotland to leave the UK if that is what they really want to do. I'm sure the EU could use another country with little money that they can pump full of German and French tax payers money. As a free trade agreement I liked the EU and although things went straight to hell with the migration crisis I wasn't entirely opposed to free movement but I was certainly against the EU integration ideals and the unelected few dolling out all the rules for us to follow without a chance to even consider rebutting them. I don't want to be part of a super state, a super state is a [censored] idea. Can't we all be friendly allies without forcing everyone under the same [censored] banner? Seemingly not according to some opposed to the UK leaving.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#19 Post by Zylver »

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#20 Post by Nuff »

Boris Johnson is the new foreign minister fyi

Samantaz
Master

#21 Post by Samantaz »

Here's what i think of the brexit, from the other side of the channel.
The Rookie wrote:For those who aren't aware, despite a 62% stay to a 38% leave vote from Scotland, and a 56% stay to a 44% leave vote from Northern Ireland, both countries may be forced to pull out of the EU due to the overall vote of 48% stay and 52% leave thanks to England and Wales.
Didn't know that stats. Cuz of the current problems in my country, most of the TV channels' time is occupied by infos about this isssues. So the brexit and everything else related to has passed over and we hadn't ear so much about it.
Butterscotch wrote:Talk of the town is we are going to need another independence referendum within two years to leave the UK and stay in the Eu. Which im hoping will happen.
I hope that the UK will break up, because i think it's legitimate for every country to choose if they want to stay in or leave the EU. England and Whales musn't choose for Scotland and Nothern Island. EU is a good advantage, it can strengthen your country politically and economically.
Zylver wrote:How on earth can we vote to leave the EU because it's undemocratic, yet still uphold an hereditary monarchy
I'm totally okay with that ! it's pretty strange to say under thes circumstancies !
Zylver wrote:total control over immigration
As far as i know, UK was in the EU, but not in the Schengen area. So what'll change ? if immigrants wanna go to UK, they'll go, no matter what !
There was already passports controls at the frontier, and many other counter immigration measures (pretty annoya for EU tourists, but as they want).

EDIT : I voted "Nothing. Both will stay.".
It was before reading the thread. I changed y mind now, but i still don't know if they will or not. I don't know which pacts makes the UK, if others countries will stay in the UK due to this pacts or anything, or if the UK will break up, and everyone'll choose what they want.
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy