Reaper's Eclipse(Alternate Universe)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Reaper's Eclipse(Alternate Universe)

#1 Post by Akira110 »

Disclaimer: This is the first in the Historia series which is a new series that focuses on Alternate Universes. One thing I've said time and time again is that the canon timeline, the one where Yoshiro kills Hiroshi and is stopped from killing Fumio is a bad future. However, I've always hinted at timeline that was a far worse future for the events of the Kitsune Civil War. Reaper's Eclipse tells a story of what happened in the timeline of the worst possible scenario.

Prologue

160 Years After Verbanan Liberation(65 Years after Kitsune Civil War)

Yoshiro walked into Fumio's temple, he held a Menschilche pistol hidden in his coat holster and smiled as he turned to Katriina, "Great-grandfather is going to make everything better, you'll see." Katriina nodded, she had hidden her true purpose for being here, she didn't trust Yoshiro, something was off about him, something she had sensed about him ever since they first met. The two of them walked through the hallways of the temple, headed for the main chamber. Yoshiro pointed towards one of the paintings, "I remember the day that Grandmother went out and acquired that for her father. It was a very good painting and Great-grandfather was very thrilled about the fact that she had gotten him that for his birthday." Katriina nodded slightly and continued to walk alongside Yoshiro, a weapon in her doublet ready, in case her suspicions were true. The two of them reached a door and Yoshiro looked at it, "Well, we're here. Time to complete my awakening."

Katriina nodded as Yoshiro pushed open the door and Fumio nodded, "Come in." Yoshiro walked in, and no sooner did Katriina enter behind him did the doors slam shut. Yoshiro looked back, "I'm not familiar with the ritual of how one completes an awakening, but I'm fairly certain that this isn't how it is done." Fumio smiled, "Of course not, deathblood. You're dying today." Yoshiro turned to look at Fumio, his hand reaching for his pistol, "Are you sure you wish to speak those very words, Great-grandfather?" Fumio nodded, "Of course, I know the kind of blood that flows through your veins, you're a product of Emiko, the accursed deity of death." Yoshiro placed his hand on the grip of his pistol, "Are you sure that you wish to continue to make that claim, Fumio?" Fumio motioned towards on of his own guards and pointed at Yoshiro, who quickly drew his pistol and shot said guard in the throat, "Let me rephrase that."

Yoshiro watched Katriina reach into her doublet and aimed his pistol at her, "You're going to betray me as well?" Katriina looked at him and spoke without hesitation, "I was never your friend, Yoshiro. I'm here to protect the deity of life." Fumio walked over towards Yoshiro, "You can't kill me. So just put that little toy away, Yoshiro." Yoshiro looked at Fumio and then swiftly moved to grab one of the handmaidens around the room, placing the weapon to her temple, "Anyone moves in a way that I don't like, this woman is going to get an amateur lobotomy." Fumio looked at him, "You insolent little cretin, you leave her out of this. I will indulge you, a one versus one. However, because I'm a deity, this means that you cannot kill me, so... if you draw blood, I will let you go." Yoshiro looked at Fumio and merely tightened his grip, "How stupid do you think I am? Your word is worthless."

Fumio growled, "You insolent little whelp, I gave you a chance to get out of this situation alive. You are in defiance of deity of life, I am all powerful when it comes to my aspect." Yoshiro knew what those very words meant, Fumio was no longer under any protection for the next five hundred years or his next reincarnation was born, whichever happened first. He aimed his pistol for Fumio's forehead and squeezed the trigger. When it was done, Yoshiro let go of the handmaiden and looked around, "By Verbanan law, I am absolved of any crimes that happened during this incident, which means you have to let me go and..." He turned to look at Katriina, "You cannot use that dagger you brought with you." Katriina looked at him, "I'll stop you, whatever the cost." Yoshiro smirked, "That's nice, Katriina. You merely achieved one thing... I have no friends and allies in this world and if that's the case, every one of you is my enemy."

355 Years After Verbanan Liberation, on a Menschilche Planet

Yoshiko looked around her surroundings, she had no idea why she was far stronger, faster or had more endurance than her other Kitsune counterparts, but she played with them nonetheless, she was happy to have friends her age. As she and the other Kitsune were playing, a Menschilche Man walked over, "Yoshiko, it's time to go back home, I have something important to show you." Yoshiko nodded and walked over to the man, "Alright, Daddy." The man picked her up and smiled, "Did you have fun with the others?" Yoshiko nodded, "Yes, Daddy." The man smiled more and nodded, "That's good to hear, little one." Yoshiko hugged him and smiled, "What do you have to show me?" The man frowned, "It's about your birth, Yoshiko. I just hope that you'll be alright with it." Yoshiko leaned back to look the man in the eye, "Why would I not be alright with it?"

The man entered his house where Sumiko was sitting, he handed Yoshiko to her and sat down, "You were cloned from the offspring of Project Kawal." Yoshiko nodded, "I'm a clone, what does that mean?" The man sighed, "You were created using an existing genetic sample of a Kitsune from Verbana. It might be a bit hard for you to swallow, but you're not a fake, nor a mere copy. I ensured that you would be your own individual person with your own identity." Yoshiko nodded, she didn't entirely understand, but she tried to anyhow. Sumiko frowned, "Cornelis, do we have to show her?" Cornelis nodded and handed a datapad to Yoshiko, "This is who you were cloned from." Yoshiko took the datapad and read it, she frowned and the frown only grew deeper as she read on, "He's an evil man, Daddy. I don't want to be evil."

Cornelis nodded and ruffled Yoshiko's hair, "You don't ever have to be if you don't want to. He chose to do the things he did." Yoshiko nodded, "I want to stop him." Cornelis nodded, "I understand, but Yoshiko, you're only forty years old, you're still a child and wouldn't be able to do much against him. You'll have to wait until you're older and better trained to handle such a task." Sumiko frowned, "Cornelis, is it really a good idea to send our daughter after a man that is known widely, even over here, as the Grim Reaper?" Cornelis sighed, "We may have no choice when she becomes an adult, Sumiko." Yoshiko nodded, "Daddy, I can wait til I'm older and better trained to handle such a thing." Sumiko hugged Yoshiko tightly, not wanting to let go of her daughter, "Do you understand what you're saying?" Yoshiko nodded, "He's a bad man, he needs to be stopped..."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: Reaper's Eclipse(Alternate Universe)

#2 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 1

480 Years After Verbana's Liberation

Yoshiko stood in the middle of a chamber within a castle, her opponent stood before her and she raised her sword in a defensive position within the Kensei fighting style. The opponent raised his hand and she used time dilation to slow her perception of time, as lightning arced across the fingertips. Yoshiko moved out of the way and looked into the ice blue eyes of her attacker as she threw a fireball back at him, catching the Kitsune in the chest. She raised her shield and advanced towards her opponent who growled and pulled out a pistol, she smirked as this eventuality presented her with an opportunity, she focused her magic into the pistol and solidified the light magic. The opponent looked at the pistol in shock as she rushed him and impaled him through the neck with her sword. The holographic castle chamber dissolved as did the hologram of her opponent as an elderly Cornelis walked in, clapping, "You did well, my daughter."

Yoshiko sheathed her sword, "These weapons and this armor are of Menschilche make, the Verbanans will not accept me as their own." Cornelis nodded, "I know, but... I think it's time for you to meet someone." A male kitsune walked into the room and Yoshiko looked at Cornelis, "I know you wish to become a grandfather before you pass away, but I'm not interested in getting married!" The kitsune placed a hand to his chest, "I am Mamoru Misawa, I was the one that started the Kitsune Civil War before you were born and I am responsible for this entire mess. If it wasn't for me, Yoshiro wouldn't have killed my son and his own brother. His mind wouldn't have fractured the way it did, and events could've taken a better course, maybe he'd still be a frighteningly effective sniper, but he'd do it to protect people instead of harm them."

Cornelis nodded, "Mamoru here was recovered outside of the Kitsune Kingdom, a long time ago." Mamrou sighed, "I've been watching you grow as a warrior, Yoshiko. You've learned the styles of the Leo Menschilche and the Kensei, but you'll need more than that to defeat Yoshiro as he is now." Yoshiko nodded, "Then what will I need to train in." Mamoru walked over towards her and she tensed up, placing her hand on her weapon, "Yoshiro is the man who killed Project Kawal." Yoshiko nodded, "But I was designed to be even more powerful than Kawal was." Mamoru nodded, "Yes, and you rely heavily on your enhanced abilities. However, there is an aspect of combat that you seem to neglect. You're a very smart woman, but you don't try to outwit your opponent. You seem to prefer to fight them straight on, Yoshiro will not give you the same courtesy."

Yoshiko nodded, "I figured if I'm faster and stronger than my opponent, then I'll always win." Mamoru shook his head, "No, there are enemies who can use that against you. Your speed and power would become a hindrance, rather than a help. I will accompany you to Verbana, Yoshiko." Yoshiko looked at Cornelis, "What about Mother and Father?" Mamoru closed his eyes, "Your mother will temporarily stay on Eltirana, it is not safe for her to be on Verbana. As for your father, he doesn't have much longer to live." Yoshiko looked to Cornelis, "Is... this true, Father?" Cornelis nodded, "Yes, however, it is my greatest wish to see that monster destroyed, Yoshiko. I don't want you to mourn for me, until the battle has been won and Verbana is at peace."

Yoshiko nodded and hugged Cornelis, "Father..." Cornelis smiled and hugged back, "Even though creating you was illegal, you were the best thing I ever made." A tear rolled down Yoshiko's cheek, "Thank you, Father." Mamoru looked over, "Yoshiko, take all the time you need, alright. Verbana isn't going anywhere." Yoshiko nodded and broke the hug, looking into Cornelis' eyes, "Father, I thought the Sagittarius Menschilche helped the Leo Menschilche take Verbana almost fifteen hundred years ago..." Cornelis nodded, "My ancestors did help the Leo faction, but a pair of Leo faction Menschilche opened my eyes. Though they had been adopted into the Virgo faction, I recognized their markings. Seth can in a way, be described as one of your parents, as it was his murder that led to Yoshiro's tissue sample being gathered for your creation. Noah would be your uncle in that case, he's the founder of the Serpentarius faction, they will be your allies in this endeavor."

Yoshiko nodded slightly, "So I go to talk to the Serpentarius faction, and then go to Verbana?" Cornelis shook his head, "No, Yoshiko. They will meet you in orbit. There is something I wish to give you, something that I want you to remember me by." Cornelis pulled out a pendant, "Here, wear this around your neck and I will be with you always, my child." Yoshiko took the pendant and placed it around her neck, "Thank you, Father." Cornelis nodded, "You're welcome, my daughter." He placed his hand against her cheek, "I love you, Yoshiko, I always will, no matter what happens." Yoshiko nodded, "I promise to make you proud of me, Father." Cornelis smiled widely, "You don't understand, Yoshiko, you already have. You were always free to choose your own destiny, your own path in life and you chose to fight to protect people against a monster like Yoshiro."

Mamoru spoke up, "I hate to break this up, but we need to head on out." Yoshiko hugged her father one last time and walked over to Mamoru. The two of them walked out of the room and into a hallway as Mamoru spoke up, "Yoshiko, the Verbanans aren't going to trust either of us when we get there, that's why we're taking troops with us, so that we'll have some sort of a military force to fight against Yoshiro and his army." Yoshiko nodded, "I'm familiar with what the Leo faction did to Verbana, and I'm familiar with your history as well, Mamoru. Though it will be a difficult endeavor, we must see it through to the end." Mamoru nodded as they walked into a hangar, which housed a shuttle, "You speak well, Yoshiko, but tell me, are you going to see this through to the end?" Yoshiko didn't answer, she merely stepped onto the shuttle and Mamoru smiled as he climbed in, "You have chosen actions over words, a good choice."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#3 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 2

Rogelio looked at the base that Yoshiro had built in conquered Mofeta territory and sighed as he pointed towards the front gate with his only hand, "Place the bombs there." One of the troops looked at him, "Sir, with all due respect... won't Yoshiro be expecting this?" Rogelio nodded, "Of course, you don't have a guerilla resistance for centuries without him knowing our tactics." Technicians placed the bombs on the gate and everyone retreated to a safe distance. Rogelio placed his hand up to signal the hidden archers to ready their arrows to be drawn back. As the bombs were detonated, he stood out in the open, knowing that Yoshiro's men wouldn't open fire on him as to Yoshiro's knowledge, he wasn't part of the resistance. As the soldiers came out, Rogelio closed his fist and arrows started flying towards the soldiers and Rogelio ducked behind a tree to hide from the firefight that erupted.

Rogelio hung back as the soldiers rushed in as the arrows stopped and engaged the enemy soldiers that remained. The Mofetian resistance soldiers were able to easily overpower the forces of Yoshiro and slay every soldier to the last. When the sounds of fighting stopped, Rogelio walked out to see a new group of soldiers approaching them. Rogelio became uneasy, but stopped when he recognized the uniform of a Kani Paladin, "Kauko's forces are coming, show them respect." The Kani shook its head and walked over to Rogelio in particular, "Not Kauko." Rogelio nodded, "Katriina then." Katriina took her helmet off and frowned, "You sure caused a lot of damage here, Rogelio." Rogelio nodded, "Yeah, Yoshiro doesn't know that I'm part of the Mofetian resistance movement. So I was a natural choice to lead the group, even more so than our own king." Katriina nodded slightly, "Yeah... however..."

Rogelio watched as Katriina drew her sword and placed the blade to his neck, "How can I be sure that you're not a spy?" Rogelio closed his eye, "Simple, Katriina. Yoshiro cut out my eye and cut off my arm as punishment for my betrayal of him. He let me live, seeing that I would suffer more than if I died. To me, the Yoshiro that I chose to serve died a long time ago, this annulled my Life Debt to him." Katriina didn't lower her sword, "Yet he is clearly alive, you failed to kill him." Rogelio nodded, "Unfortunate, yes. I honestly should've tried harder to kill that monster." Katriina looked into his eye, "Open your eye and look at me." Rogelio opened his eye and did as Katriina said, "Alright." Katriina kept her blade steady against Rogelio's neck, "Now swear an oath to me." Rogelio nodded, "What is your aspect?" Katriina smiled slightly, "Honor."

Rogelio pointed towards the sword, "It's a bit hard to kneel with this thing at my neck." Katriina nodded and removed the sword from Rogelio's neck, Rogelio knelt before her and placed his arm across his chest, "I, Rogelio Sanez Lorca, of the Mofetian Paladins, hereby swear an oath to serve Katriina, the Demi-Deity of Honor and the daughter of Sinikka, the Deity of Justice and the one who appointed me as a Paladin." Katriina nodded slightly and sheathed her weapon, "You may rise, Sir Sanez Lorca." Rogelio rose to his feet and looked into her eyes, "Thank you, milady, but keep in mind that I serve your mother, first and foremost." Katriina nodded, "It is impressive that you managed to become a Paladin, especially while serving that monster." Rogelio nodded, "I only became a Paladin after I betrayed him."

Katriina nodded slightly, "I should've tried to protect him from Fumio... maybe all of this wouldn't happen and Seija would be alive still." Rogelio nodded slightly, "I understand how you feel Lady Katriina, but you must realize the fact that we cannot change our past, we can only alter the course of our future." Katriina looked at the base, which both her troops and Rogelio's troops were raiding and getting the supplies from, "I think the Mofetian resistance should join the rest of us in the Mus Kingdom. Yoshiro won't be too happy with what you've done to this base and will strike even harder against the Mofetian resistance." Rogelio looked towards his men, "Honestly, the decision is up to them. I'm merely their commanding officer, I'm not their king or anything." Katriina frowned slightly, "Yeah, Rogelio, we could use someone with your expertise on our side. We could really do some damage and start taking territory for once."

Rogelio shook his head, "We're still using technology from the days before our ancestors were enslaved by the Menschilche in terms of weaponry. The same goes for his frontier forces. The main force is equipped with Menschilche type equipment and we don't stand much of a chance against that without the same kind of equipment of our own." Katriina sighed, "I know, but we can't rely on the Menschilche, not like I'd want them on this planet anyhow, they're nothing but trouble." Rogelio placed his hand on the eyepatch he wore and sighed a bit, "Well, it's not like it'd matter much. Having to deal with this or be enslaved by the Menschilche again are both terrible choices and I'd rather not have to pick between the two if I had a choice." Katriina laughed, "That's good wisdom right there, Rogelio."

Rogelio closed his eye again, "If only there were some way we could call for aid on the other side of the ocean. He's never been able to hold territory over there for long, because of logistical issues." Katriina nodded, "Getting supplies to your troops and getting more troops deployed is a nightmare when you're doing an invasion by the ocean. It'd probably be easier for him to just raze the cities he's targeting and be done with the whole thing." Rogelio nodded slightly, "Though it would be easier, he's looking at the strategical value of holding the cities, and as a foothold on a new continent, they look too good to destroy. Katriina sighed slightly, "Looks like the carts are full, come on, Rogelio." Rogelio nodded and looked at one of his lieutenants, "I'm going to go with her, alright?" The lieutenant nodded, "Alright, sir. We heard what you said and we agree, we'll talk to the king when we get back and try to move to group up with the other resistance movements." Rogelio smiled slightly, "Thank you."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#4 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 3

Kauko looked at the figure that entered into the war room of the Mus castle, "Rogelio Sanez Lorca, what a surprise." Rogelio sighed as he walked over to a chair and sat down, "Lord Kauko, how is Hannu doing?" Kauko shook his head, "He was killed in action a few years ago, Rogelio. Besides, you don't have to call anyone Lord around here, you're no longer a knight and I'm not a king." Rogelio nodded, "I understand, but I have entered the employ of your wife." Kauko sighed, "I was informed, but I still do not wish for you to call me Lord Kauko. Kauko will do fine on its own." Rogelio looked at the map, "I understand, Kauko." Rogelio looked at his hand and Kauko folded his arms with a smile, "You're thinking about something, my friend, what is it?" Rogelio sighed and placed his hand on his forehead, "It's nothing."

Freja spoke up, "You wouldn't say it's nothing unless something was really bothering you, Rogelio. Believe me, I don't feel any better about what we're doing than you do. I was his childhood friend, remember?" Rogelio nodded slightly, "Yeah, but I knew him the best, I was the closest to him... if I couldn't reach him, then he truly has become a monster to be feared or to be hunted down." Kauko nodded, "You think that in a different world, we'd all be friends? That instead of this war we've been fighting for the longest time, we'd fight alongside each other?" Freja sighed and shook her head, "This isn't the time for idealistic talk, Kauko. I know you mean well and you want to improve our morale, but we're honestly fighting a losing battle. Unless we manage to cause some damage to his army, the Mus kingdom will fall in a few years."

Rogelio sighed and placed his hand on his stump, "Well that's bad news... we could retreat over the ocean and try to find a way to take the continent back." Freja shook her head, "Naval battles always end poorly for both sides and no invasion from the sea on either side has been successful. It's gone even more poorly for the resistance fighters than for Yoshiro's forces." Freja looked down as a young woman walked into the room, "My brother... we have to find some way to stop him before he hurts anyone else... even... even if I have to fight him myself." Rogelio looked up at the woman, "Reiko, you know full well that if you fight him, you'll die." Reiko shook her head, "Not true, both he and I are super soldiers and..." Kauko looked at her, "Dammit, Reiko, this isn't a game!"

Reiko frowned and looked away as Rogelio sighed, "Reiko... what Kauko is trying to say is that despite the fact that you picked up your father's super soldier traits, Yoshiro is far better trained than you and you know how well trained and experienced your father was and Yoshiro still killed him with his bare hands." Reiko looked down, "I have to do something... I might not like hurting people, but he's... he's a monster. He doesn't care who he hurts, he doesn't care who dies because of him. He just cares about his power, nothing more, nothing less." Rogelio shook his head, "He cares about you and Minako, he cared about his entire family, except for Akira." Reiko frowned, "So then why did he kill them!?" Rogelio looked up at the ceiling, "He didn't, Reiko. He only killed Akira. Some of his men took this as a sign to kill the rest of his family. The man who killed Kasumi died swiftly."

Reiko looked away, "He still needs to be stopped." Rogelio nodded, "That's what we're trying to do." Freja walked over to Reiko and hugged her, "I know what you're going through and both you and your mother are welcome to stay here as family friends. I promise you that we will stop your brother, no matter the cost to us." Kauko nodded, "As a Paladin, it is my duty to stop him." A Lupine walked into the war room and everyone readied their weapons, "One of his spies!?" The Lupine shook his head, "An escapee, besides, we Lupines are horrible at being spies." The Lupine took a package off his back and placed it on the table with the map on it, "I made this as a gift to her highness, Freja. I hope this will help lay the foundation that will allow you to trust me."

Freja grabbed the package and she felt magic coursing through it, she removed her hand and the Lupine shook his head, "It's alright, I had to use magic to work that particular metal. It's ilma metalli." Freja nodded and opened the package to see what the Lupine said was true, "So, why have you come here?" The Lupine sighed, "First, allow me to introduce myself, I am Killian Jaeger. I'm sure you know of my brother, Lieutenant Walthari Jaeger of the Fifteenth Platoon." Freja nodded slightly, "I know of him, he's called The Butcher by us." Killian nodded, "He's a berserker. The Fifteenth is a platoon of nothing but berserkers, in order to minimize allies killing each other. Walthari doesn't like Yoshiro, but he follows his orders because it brings him battle, it was his suggestion that led me to come here."

Kauko looked at Killian, "Your brother sent you here, knowing full well that the two of you would come into conflict?" Killian sighed, "I'm an exile by Lupine law anyhow, I killed one of the advisors to the king of the Lupines. I made this sword in Mofeta territory, with the hopes that you'd accept me as your blacksmith." Rogelio closed his eye, "There were rumors of a Lupine Blacksmith working away in our kingdom... it looks like they were true. I say we give him a chance, having previously worked with our enemy, I can safely say that he doesn't use Lupines as spies. We'd have to worry about Elves." Freja nodded, "Alright, Killian, but remember, I don't entirely trust you. If we find out later that you are a spy, you will be imprisoned, is that clear?" Killian nodded slightly, "I understand, your highness." Kauko nodded, "Well then, welcome aboard."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#5 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 4

Yoshiro sighed as he sat upon his throne, he was bored of the whole path that his life had taken, he had no wife, no children... nothing but war and death to his name and though he was good at it, damn good at that, it was so routine that it had become boring. He had risen to the top, but even Rogelio, his most trusted friend had turned against him, "Rogelio... you know I didn't order the attack on those civilians... why didn't you trust me..." Yoshiro looked at his hand and sighed, balling it into a fist, "I loved you like a brother." One of the guards looked over to him, "Milord, are you still thinking about the betrayal of Rogelio?" Yoshiro looked up at the soldier, "Yeah." Yoshiro stood up and motioned towards the guard, "Come here." The guard walked over to the throne, "Sir." Yoshiro placed his hand on the guard's shoulder, "Thank you for staying out of it when we fought."

The guard nodded, "You're welcome, milord." Yoshiro smiled slightly, "You have the rest of the week off, go, be with your family." The guard nodded, "Thank you, sire." Yoshiro watched as the guard left and looked towards the elite guard that stayed with him at all times, "Dracoknights, form up." His honor guard formed around him and he nodded, "I will be going into town in order to visit Tatsuya's grave." The guards silently nodded and they all walked out of the room as a group. Yoshiro moved through the castle, shedding his regal robes at the door, to take on a more commoner appearance as he left. His guard didn't do the same, which showed that he was still the current king of the Kitsune. Though his empire's capitol was in Maan Valssi, he knew that it would eventually fall, it always did, so he had his base of operations in the same castle his life fell apart in.

The group traveled down the streets, eventually coming to a cemetery behind the sun temple, Amaterasu looked at him disapprovingly as he walked past her, "I'm ashamed to call you my grandson. You're more like my sister than anyone else." Yoshiro turned to look at her, "Perhaps, but my holy blood suggests I have more in common with Grandfather." Amaterasu folded her arms, "Fine then, you be like your grandaunt, but remember this. She isn't liked for a reason." Yoshiro shrugged and continued on his way to the grave of Tatsuya. Once there, he motioned for his Dracoknights to form a perimeter around the area to monitor the environment and alert him to any threats as he visited the grave. One of the Dracoknights immediately spoke up, "Sir, would you like me to find you a flower?"

Yoshiro nodded, "Thank you, that will be great." Yoshiro looked down at the grave, "I don't know if you can hear me, Little Brother, but... this is what I've become. I've nearly conquered the entire continent and I've tried conquering the world, but... I can never keep territory in another continent." Yoshiro sighed, "If the Mus and Mofeta would just surrender, we could do this without bloodshed. These wars have gone on for hundreds of years now, and I'm just bored of the whole thing. But I know Freja, and she isn't going to forgive me for what I've become, nor is Kauko going to forgive me for killing Seija. I'll admit... it felt good killing her, knowing that the Kani army would fall apart and less blood would be spilled was... cathartic to say the least."

Yoshiro sighed and folded his arms, "It's hard to imagine what you must think of me, the man that killed our father with his bare hands. Or the man that killed you, as well as our half-brother. Neither of which, I had meant. I haven't said it since that fateful day, but... I'm sorry for taking the shot. Maybe... maybe if I hadn't, you'd still be alive and we'd be alive in an era of peace. After seeing what Mamoru did, though... the only way I figure I can stop war, is to take over the continent and later the world, and then unite it under my banner. Anyone that gets in my way will be thrown aside. However, once I'm done, there will be no more war... and then no one will have to go through what I did. I love you, little brother, I always have and your death will haunt me til the end of my days."

The Dracoknight returned with a flower, "Here you go, milord." Yoshiro nodded and placed the flower on the grave, when he heard a voice call out, "Milord! My father is ill and I can't afford the medicine." Yoshiro stood up and turned around to see a young Kitsune Kit running towards him. He walked over to her and picked her up, "The Doctor's office just down the road, right?" The kit nodded and Yoshiro motioned for the Dracoknights to follow him. Yoshiro carried the kit down the street and into the doctor's office, the doctor looked at him, "Milord! I didn't know that you were coming! What do you need!?" Yoshiro drew his sword and pointed it into the doctor's face, "You will stop extorting the sick of this city or you will have to find work in another kingdom, am I clear?"

The doctor looked at the sword, "Yes, my liege." Yoshiro placed the Kit down and smiled as he sheathed his sword, "Go see your father." As the Kit ran into the back, he looked at the doctor, "You've been giving me a lot of headaches. If you're going to try to profit off the backs of the poor and weak, then I will show you no mercy. Am I clear?" The doctor nodded, he quite visibly afraid and Yoshiro leaned in, "Let me make sure that I'm a hundred percent clear, if you EVER charge a child to save their sick father again, you won't have to worry about finding work, because I will personally cut your [censored] head from your body! Am I perfectly clear!?" The doctor fell to the ground and nodded while whimpering. As Yoshiro left the office, one of the Dracoknights spoke up, "Did you need to be so harsh with him?" Yoshiro nodded, "If I'm to create a world without war, I cannot have people who value profit over lives in my empire."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#6 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 5

Mamoru stood in the armory of a Menschilche vessel, he took at look at Yoshiko and placed his hand on his chin, "Alright, Yoshiko, I want you to try to punch in that armor." Yoshiko nodded and punched the dummy that had been set up, she not only damaged the dummy severely, but Mamoru noticed the armor joints had been ripped free by the force of her strike alone, "Regular armor just doesn't do it for you, I see..." Mamoru folded his arms and started to think, he soon snapped his fingers, "I got it, we've been developing a special set of power armor that was supposed to be used by the next generation of super soldiers after the Kawal group. I'm pretty sure a set was made for you and is on this ship." Yoshiko nodded and Mamoru looked at the quartermaster, "Hey, do we have any of that power armor?"

The quartermaster nodded and brought out a suit for Yoshiko, "Take off your damaged armor and try this one." Yoshiko nodded slightly and walked over to the power armor. She tore the armor on her body off of herself and sighed, "Being able to safely use forty percent of the total force my muscles can exert at one time is... bothersome, to say the least." Mamoru nodded as he picked up the discarded armor pieces, "Yeah, especially since Kawal was designed to only use twenty and regular people like me can only use ten percent." Yoshiko nodded as she placed on the armor, it felt natural to her and she could immediately feel that it was going to be able to withstand anything that she put it through. She smiled as she placed on the helmet and watched as Mamoru stood out of the way as she threw a few punches at the dummy.

Mamoru nodded, "That's rather impressive, but let's see how well you fare against the living." Yoshiko nodded, "You want me to hold back?" Mamoru shook his head, "Attack me how you want, you'll never cause damage." Yoshiko was confused for a second, but she quickly rushed Mamoru and threw a punch at the same time, only for her to watch Mamoru catch her in her center of gravity and toss her behind him, "That's going to be hell on my back, Yoshiko. But you haven't trained very much against living people, I don't blame you when you can break the neck of a normal man with a single punch." Mamoru stood up and popped his back, before getting into a position to attack, "Regain your composure, Yoshiko, I want you to attack me, again." Yoshiko nodded and stood up, she shook her head and rushed Mamoru again.

This time Mamoru ducked to the side and hooked his foot against her leg, pulling it out from under her and forcing her to hit the ground, "You rely heavily on your strength. You fought a lot of simulations in your time, Yoshiko, but to be fair... I fought in the revolution. I'm an opponent that is a step above what the Menschilche or most Verbanans will throw at you." Yoshiko felt an object press against the back of her neck and she heard Mamoru speak up, "I win, Yoshiko." Yoshiko stood up and attacked Mamoru by grabbing his hand and as she went to pull him in, Mamoru changed the grip on the knife he was holding and placed it up against her throat, "Again, I win." Yoshiko let him go and frowned, "Are you teaching me how to fight or how to cheat?"

Mamoru chuckled as he walked away, "Pay attention and you'll realize I'm teaching you how to survive. Real combat is fatal, Yoshiko. It's not a simulation or some sort of augmented reality training. Honor and rules are fine for games, but out there, you do what you need in order to survive. Even if that means you bring a gun to a swordfight." Yoshiko nodded, "I assume you have a gun on your person?" Mamoru brought out his pistol, "Naturally. It's unloaded, of course. Wouldn't worth using in a sparring match if it was loaded, now would it?" Yoshiko sighed, "What's Verbana like?" Mamoru looked up at the lights of the room they were in, "You'll be able to see soon enough. I just hope that my ex-wife is doing alright. I stopped talking with her around the time I kicked off the civil war..." Yoshiko nodded, "And your ex-wife?"

Mamoru closed his eyes, "Her name is Minako Sano, she got the surname of Miyamae from her in-laws. She's the daughter of Amaterasu, and being the clone of Yoshiro that would..." Yoshiko snapped, "I am not his daughter!" Mamoru shook his head, "I was going to say you're the granddaughter of Amaterasu." Yoshiko felt bad, "Oh, I apologize for snapping like that." Mamoru nodded, "Perfectly understandable. To be fair, I'm the man's cousin. Not exactly thrilled about that." Yoshiko blinked, "How are you, his cousin?" Mamoru shrugged, "Dear old Dad is the brother of Akira's Mother. To be fair, I haven't seen my parents in a long time. To be fair on that point as well, they're also dead. Interestingly enough, Akira and I are related to Minako, albeit very distantly through her aunt." Yoshiko nodded, "So you're a descendant of the deity of war, the sister of Amaterasu?" Mamoru nodded, "Hundreds of generations passed between her and both Akira and I."

Mamoru sighed, "Enough talking about the past, we're above Verbana right now." Yoshiko looked confused, "How do you know that?" Mamoru looked towards the door, "This isn't the first trip I've taken to Verbana. I avoid the continent that we're going to, but I've had dealings in the southern hemisphere in the past under an assumed name and a shapeshifted body." Yoshiko nodded slightly, "So we're going to make contact with the Kitsune?" Mamoru shook his head, "We're going to make contact with the center of the resistance forces, the Mus kingdom. Once we figure out a plan, we're going to move on from there. I don't think that Freja will be excited to see me though." Yoshiko nodded, "Well you did indirectly start this whole mess." Mamoru shook his head, "No, was more referring to the time I broke her great-grandmother's vase..."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#7 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 6

Yoshiko stepped foot onto Verbana for the first time in her life, the shuttle ride was uneventful and she remembered what the planet looked like from orbit, it was beautiful. However, the moment she stepped foot on the planet, she suddenly felt far heavier than she usually did. Mamoru placed his hand on her shoulder, "It's the gravitational pull, it's roughly double what the Menschilche are used to, it's why they use power armor to compensate for it." Yoshiko sighed, "This is a bit rough, even if the planet is very beautiful." Mamoru nodded, "The planet is very beautiful, but it has many deadly creatures, such as Nashoorns and Spidorpions." Yoshiko looked at Mamoru, "Did... did you make that last one up?" Mamoru shook his head, "No, I did not, Yoshiko. They're out in the southern deserts, mostly in a small continent to the south of this one." Yoshiko nodded, "So, where do we go from here?"

Mamoru pointed in a direction when suddenly a shot whizzed past Yoshiko's head, they turned around to see a figure standing there with a sniper rifle, "We've already won our revolution, I want you to get off our planet." Yoshiko looked at the figure, "I assume you're Yoshiro Miyamae." Yoshiko pulled out her pistol and fired at the figure to watch her shot go cleanly through it, doing absolutely no damage. Yoshiro pointed at Yoshiko with a finger, "Mamoru, I'm honestly disappointed in you if this is the best you can bring to kill me. She just shot at a hologram, didn't even hit the emitter either. I will say this, I did fire that shot to get your attention. Don't bother ordering your men to look for me, Mamoru, I could kill them right now if I wanted to." Yoshiko frowned under her helmet and took it off, glaring at the hologram which showed an expression of shock.

Yoshiko growled, "Show yourself, coward!" Yoshiro shook his head, "I'm not an idiot. As it is right now, I have the advantage and I can stop unnecessary bloodshed, my daughter." Yoshiko's tail started violently lashing as her ears pressed against the back of her head and she growled very loudly, "I am not your [censored] daughter, if you ever call me that again, I will make sure your death is as slow and painful as you deserve!" Yoshiro took aim through his sniper rifle and a shot pierced through the back of one of the Menschilche troops, "If you leave this planet and get that man some medical attention, he will not die. This is your decision, my clone." Yoshiko wondered how he knew so much about her, but didn't ask, "We're coming to kill you, no matter what the cause is."

Yoshiro chuckled, "Good luck with that. I hope you know that with your interference, more innocent people are going to suffer the unjust war that is about to break out." Mamoru pointed at the hologram, "Are you any different!? You're preaching about how you're tired of war and you're sitting here trying to take over the entire damn world! You're nothing more than a damn hypocrite!" Yoshiro looked at Mamoru, "Takeshi said those very same words, just before I broke his neck with my bare hands. I'll be honest, your daughter put up some paltry resistance and wound up finding some Menschilche bioweapons. She fared better than either of your sons, but I still killed her and took the bioweapons for myself." Mamoru's hand balled into a fist, "I will be the one that kills you, Yoshiro. I won't let anyone else do it!"

Mamoru started to run when a shot barely missed his head, causing him to stop as Yoshiro spoke up, "Remember, I could kill all of you where you stand. I control this situation and the best you can hope for is that I don't hit my shot if [censored] honestly hits the fan. But, Mamoru, are you willing to gamble your life, the lives of your friends, and the life of my clone, who was designed for the specific purpose of killing me, on a gamble like this?" Mamoru sighed, "No." Yoshiro smiled, "That's good. I don't want to kill anyone if I don't have to. I'll give you one hour, whether you go back into your ships and go to space, or head towards Mus territory, I don't care. Advance further towards me, and I'll pop your heads clean off, am I clear?" Yoshiko growled, "You're clear, you piece of [censored]!"

One of the Menschilche spoke up, a young private named Alexi, "With all due respect, we don't have any weapons with a greater range than his sniper rifle. If we were to charge him, I have no doubts that the Grim Reaper would kill us all. Even Yoshiko there, but he honestly doesn't want to kill us, or he would've already." Mamoru nodded, "How's our wounded soldier?" Alexi sighed, "He's never going to move again. Whatever kind of rifle that is, the man's nervous system simply doesn't work for voluntary muscles anymore." Mamoru nodded, "Let's move towards Mus territory." Yoshiko looked at Mamoru, "So we're just going to let him die!?" Mamoru nodded, "Yoshiko, you've never seen true war, I have. Remember this fact, I'm a veteran of the revolution, I've seen and done worse things in my life. My own cousin was Project Kawal, I've seen the aftermath of his massacres."

Alexi nodded, "I agree with Major Misawa on this one." Mamoru smiled, "Thank you." Yoshiko frowned, "Then at least allow me to take the body." Yoshiko turned towards the hologram, "Are we permitted to take the body of our fallen comrade and bury him when he dies?" Yoshiro shrugged, "I'm not a monster, despite rumors to the contrary. If you're talking about that, I guess you've made your decision. Well, I shall give you my word that the Mus kingdom will gain a one week reprieve, you're welcome to do whatever you wish when you get there, try to strengthen the defenses, train the troops, I don't care what it is. Just know this, the moment that week ends, I'll be sending every soldier I can spare at that place." Yoshiko shook her head and grabbed the dying soldier, lifting him onto her shoulders. She and the Menschilche started to walk towards the border into the Mus kingdom and when they were out of the range of the emitter, she spoke up, "Why did he announce that to us?" Mamoru looked up, "He's lying, he's going to attack the Mofeta kingdom next." Yoshiko blinked, "How can you be so sure?" Mamoru frowned, "It's what I would do in his place."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#8 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 7

Yoshiro sighed slightly as he reached into the box in which he kept the Imperial Regalia in. He placed his hand on the hilt of the sword, Kusanagi no Tsurugi and took it from the box, placing it in a scabbard he had made himself for it. He grabbed the mirror, Yata no Kagami and placed it against his right arm as a makeshift shield. The moment he grabbed the Jewel, Yasakani no Magatama, power coursed through his veins and he felt himself be purified of the darkness that had taken root in his heart. However, that wasn't the only change, Yoshiro felt his face elongate into a muzzle as his face took a more bestial appearance. He felt eight extra tails sprout from his back and looked back to see the inner three tails glow as well as the outer four with the elements he could harness in this form.

A combination of a green aura with electricity surrounded his middle tail with an electrical aura on the right and a green aura on the left. Next to both of those tails were normal tails, and on the left side was a tail with a red glow and a tail with a white glow, on the right side was a a tail with a blue glow and a tail with a black glow. Yoshiro laughed maniacally as this happened, "Yes, excellent, it still works for me!" Yoshiro looked towards one of the guards in the room who was averting his eyes and Yoshiro laughed, "You do not have to avert your eyes, all are worthy to look upon a mere super soldier, I'm no deity, I'm just a Stormblood using the sun relics to activate my super soldier abilities!" The soldier nodded slightly, "So how long are you going to keep this form?"

Yoshiro looked at the soldier, "Does this form make you uncomfortable?" The soldier nodded slightly, "Seeing you with a golden coloration to your fur and hair, as well as amber eyes is a bit... discomforting, especially since you look so, bestial..." Yoshiro placed his hand on the soldier's shoulder, "We're going to crush the silly rebellion and I'm finally going to own this continent, there will be no more war as long as the continent is united under my rule." The Soldier nodded slightly and Yoshiro looked at him, "You're not a dracoknight, no wonder you're so afraid of me in this form, they're the only ones that have seen me in this form and lived to tell the tale." The soldier gulped slightly, "You're going to..." Yoshiro shook his head, "Turns out, I still have my immunity to psionic abilities in this form, but my magic's unlocked, so..."

The soldier didn't quite understand, "What do you mean, sir?" Yoshiro sighed, "Well, suddenly jumping to ten times the amount of mana you can normally hold in your body sort of causes overloads. The first pair of guards I had in this room... well I had a magical overload and one got caught by a high power fire spell, the other was killed by an ice spell. Real nasty stuff." The soldier nodded, "But you have complete control, right?" Yoshiro gave him a thumbs-up, "Hey, why don't you go take a week off and see your family." The soldier looked at him, worried, "You're not going to keep this form a secret?" Yoshiro shook his head, "Mamoru is a dangerous opponent, but I took this form because of the other super soldier on this planet. Yoshiko may not know it yet, but she was designed to kill me, because some of my former soldiers decided to go killing civilians and I got blamed for it."

The soldier nodded and Yoshiro left the chamber, Walthari was standing there with his arms folded, an axe in one of his hands. Yoshiro arched a brow, "Oh, do you seek a promotion to king? That's not how it works in this kingdom." Walthari motioned towards a box, "I challenged my commanding officer and killed him." Yoshiro could smell what was in the box, "You didn't quite need to bring that here, Walthari." Walthari shrugged, "That box is a bit small to fit his head in, look inside for yourself." Yoshiro motioned with his hand and winds blew, opening the box up, "You speak true, Captain." Walthari saluted, "This was the Company leader, I wish to be promoted to that particular role and lead the Berserkers to victory in our upcoming battles." Yoshiro looked at him, "Oh, you're serious..."

Walthari brandished his axe and Yoshiro chuckled slightly, "That's a terrible idea, I know your innate element, Walthari, and though I can't use your opposite, I've got five others at my disposal." Walthari lowered his axe, "You have a good point, my king." Yoshiro shrugged, "At least you're smart enough to know when you're outmatched. Although I do admire your bravery. Very well, Walthari, you may command the third company." Walthari nodded, "Thank you, sir. When do we move out to attack?" Yoshiro looked at him, "I've given my enemies a week to build up their defenses, because even with that paltry Menschilche force, they will not be able to withstand our superior numbers, even with their new technologies." Walthari nodded, "So who will we attack, the Mofeta or the Mus?" Yoshiro smirked, "Mamoru assumes I'd go after the Mofeta first as they're more vulnerable, but we're going to attack the outlying Mus towns first. Once we capture those, we'll have a staging point to attack the capitol."

Walthari nodded, "Excellent plan, sir." Yoshiro nodded and walked past, he heard many of the servants gasp as he walked towards the throne room and began to wonder how he was going to sit down in his throne, now that he had nine tails instead of one. A maid walked in, "My Lord Yoshiro, may I enter?" Yoshiro nodded slightly, "Can you help me with this issue?" The maid walked over, "Getting rid of your extra tails?" Yoshiro shook his head, "No, I wish to sit in my throne, but with these extra tails, it's... inconvenient." The Maid nodded, "You could just drape the extra tails on each side over the arm rests, they'd be out of your way." Yoshiro nodded, "Thank you. So, what is it that you need?" The maid looked away, "Well, your highness, Lilah left your employ." Yoshiro sighed, "I knew she would, she doesn't like me very much. Oh well." Yoshiro sat down in his throne and rested his head against his fist, he had seven days until he attacked and he couldn't wait.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#9 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 8

Katriina had come to the lake on her own, she was out in the middle of Mus territory and she sighed slightly, "Every kingdom that has fought them so far, has fallen, even my own. To see Seija murdered before my very eyes, I can never forgive Yoshiro for what he did." Katriina watched as a woman arose from the lake, with a spear in hand, "Who are you?" Katriina looked at her, "You're a sea elf, one of the few races that Yoshiro hasn't subjugated on this continent. I'm Katriina, demi-deity of honor to the Kani." The Sea Elf nodded slightly, "Katriina, I'm Elbereth Nenharma, princess to the Sea Elves, my brother, Prince Lathron has gone missing recently and I wish to find him." Katriina nodded slightly, "I understand how you must feel. Hmmm... this lake is your territory?" Elbereth nodded, "Part of our territory, yes." Katriina sighed and folded her arms, "We'll stand stronger together against this menace."

Elbereth nodded, but a larger sea Elf, this one a male, rose from the lake, "Elbereth, it's dangerous with... that's a Kani!" Katriina watched the Elf's weapon go towards his weapon, but she merely held up her own, "Wait a second, I'm not one of his servants. I'm part of the resistance movement." The male narrowed his eyes and then nodded, "Your armor carries the brand of the Paladins, even we know that the Paladins refuse to serve Yoshiro. I am Thalion, king of the Sea Elves on this continent." Katriina nodded, "Would you like to form an alliance with the resistance, we could be much stronger together." Thalion sighed, "I'm not quite sure why you think we have much hope as we are now of winning back our continent from Yoshiro and his soldiers, but... your eyes tell me that you're willing to die to do so."

A voice that both of them recognized spoke up from the trees, "Thalion, is that fear that I hear in your voice?" Katriina drew her weapon and pointed it at the trees, "Come out, Mamoru." Before Katriina knew it, she watched as a Kitsune rushed her, too quickly for her to counteract. Her hand was grabbed and twisted behind her back and she was forced to drop her weapon, "You, you're not Mamoru." Mamoru walked out, "Yoshiko, that's enough, we're here to make allies of the resistance, not kill one of their leaders." Yoshiko let go of Katriina's arm, "I apologize, I didn't know that any Kani had escaped from Yoshiro's service." Katriina sighed, "It's almost like... no, you're more powerful than Kawal ever was." Yoshiko nodded slightly, "I'm aware. I was designed to be the ultimate super soldier, I still don't quite completely understand why."

Mamoru sighed, "Well, might as well come clean. I have a fleet of Menschilche ships up in orbit and tens of thousands of troops and vehicles in said ships. I also have a small group of soldiers on the planet's surface." Katriina growled and looked at Mamoru, "I would rather die than deal with the Menschilche taking over this planet again!" Yoshiko spoke softly, "We're Serpentarius, we're not interested in conquest, but both Seth and Noah were interested in the potential of an alliance with this world... both of them died before they could see their dream come true. Though my father was Sagittarius, he defected to the Serpentarius before creating me." Katriina sighed, "Let go of my arm." Yoshiko did as she asked and Elbereth looked at her, "You look like Yoshiro, almost as if you were..." Yoshiko nodded, "I'm his clone. It's that simple."

Thalion nodded, "So you're a stronger clone of Yoshiro, but... can you take that form that he can?" Katriina looked at him, "Wait, what form!?" Mamoru looked nervous as well as this wasn't something that he was aware of either. Thalion sighed, "When he grabs the three artifacts of Amaterasu, he changes, drastically. His fur takes a golden brown color, his eyes turn amber, his face becomes more bestial in nature. But disturbingly, he grows eight extra tails, and seven of his tails glow with mana. The only elements he lacks access to are Shadow and Earth." Mamoru took a step back, this clearly unnerved him, "No, I thought that they were only rumors, but they actually went and created Project Tovenaar..." Yoshiko looked at Mamoru, "But wouldn't I be capable of what he is as well?" Mamoru shook his head, "No, you never trained in that form, we never knew you were capable..."

Everyone looked down, saddened at this fact and Mamoru sighed, "Yoshiko, you were designed to kill him, however, as a sunblood... you're weak to Water and Dark Magics, both of which he has access to. I have no holy blood, but I'm naturally resistant to magic..." Yoshiko looked up at Mamoru, "I swore that I would stop him, no matter what the cost to me is. Please, allow me to at least try to stop him." Mamoru looked at everyone, "Yoshiro is my responsibility, I was the one that kicked off the Kitsune Civil War by killing the King of the Kitsune back then and taking the entire kingdom over as my own. If I had never done any of this, Yoshiro wouldn't be who he is now, he'd be a different person, we'd all be different people..." Elbereth nodded, "I understand how you feel, but..." Mamoru looked at her, "I. Started. This."

Thalion looked at him, "So what are we going to do, if what is said is true, then the Menschilche truly are our only hope. You've seen the technology that is on Yoshiro's side..." Katriina sighed, "Freja's going to be less than happy with what's going on, but there's really no choice in this matter, is there?" Yoshiko shook her head, "No, no there isn't. I wish there was, but, if you try to fight the way you are now, you're going to lose." Mamoru nodded, "Yes, that's why we're here." Katriina sighed, "Thalion, can we count on your support?" Thalion nodded, "Sure thing, it's only a two day's trip to the capitol city from here, how long have your group been traveling, Mamoru?" Mamoru sighed, "Dammit, we won't have enough time, we've been traveling for two days now and it takes at least four to get to the Mofeta kingdom from the Mus capitol." Katriina shook her head, "Not anymore... we'll have time, come with me and tell Freja what you know."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#10 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 9

Freja looked at the group of Menschilche that were in her throne room, but she looked at the Kitsune who looked like a female version of Yoshiro in particular, "So you traveled for three days to come here to tell me that Yoshiro is going to attack the Mofeta Capitol city?" Rogelio looked at Freja and then at Yoshiko, "If this is true, I must go alert my king." Freja nodded, "I'll send a couple of guards with you." Rogelio smiled and gave a thumbs up, "Don't worry about me, Lady Freja, I'm not the kind of person to go dying on my friends." Freja nodded, "All the same, I would feel more comfortable if you had an escort with you." Rogelio sighed, "Alright, Lady Freja. I'll relent if it makes you feel better." Freja nodded and then looked at Yoshiko in particular, "You are a chil..." Freja didn't get the chance to finish that sentence as Yoshiko cut her off, "I'm merely his clone, I will never call him father."

Freja nodded and Kauko reached for his weapon, but Yoshiko continued on without batting an eye, "Yoshiro represents a great threat to not only the rest of Verbana, but to the entire galaxy as a whole, what's to say that when he takes over the planet, that he'll be satisfied. That's why we've come here to stop him, so that we can prevent him from moving on to taking over more and more galactic territory." Freja nodded slightly, "Kauko, sheathe your weapon." Kauko removed his hand from his weapon as Freja looked at Mamoru, "And you were the one that started the Kitsune Civil War and thus indirectly are responsible for creating the monster that is Yoshiro. What reason are you here for?" Mamoru sighed, "As you said, I brought the current form of Yoshiro into the world, it's my job to take him out of this world, nothing more."

Freja nodded, "And how can you be so certain that he will take over the Mofeta territory." Mamoru placed his hand on his chin, "Simple logistics really, the Mofeta kingdom is a great place for him to place bases as it is naturally fortified from ground invasion, which means that he would bring troops in from the air in order to get around the defenses." Freja sighed, "Tell me, where did he say that he would attack?" Mamoru looked at her, "This very kingdom." Freja and Kauko both facepalmed at the same time and Freja sighed, "Mamoru, you're an idiot. Yoshiro is going to simultaneously attack the outlying towns and villages of this kingdom in order to gain a better footing to attack the capitol. Though since you've been so gracious as to give us this information, you will get to choose which front to direct."

Yoshiko spoke up, "I'm going as well, I was designed in order to kill Yoshiro, this is my life's purpose." Freja nodded, "You will be going as well, if what you say is true, then you will be instrumental in our victory. My spy in Yoshiro's empire has told me that he will be personally joining the battle. He will no doubt be there to seek you out, Yoshiko. However, something troubles me..." Mamoru folded his arms, "No doubt he will be a fully realized Tovenaar Super Soldier." Kauko nodded, "I have not fought him in that form, but many Paladins have died to it. He is abnormally powerful in that form and will be capable of easily killing even the most resilient of soldiers. So I would suggest that the two of you watch your back."

Yoshiko nodded, "That's if he can hit me, I'm even more physically powerful than my predecessor, Kawal." Kauko looked nervous, "That name has horrific connotations around here, I would suggest that you do not use it, ever again." Yoshiko nodded, she knew of the history between the Menschilche and the Verbanans and chose not to press the subject matter, "We have four days before Yoshiro attacks the Mus Kingdom, so we must make preparations before then. Will you accept the help of the Menschilche forces that we have prepared up in orbit in order to defend your kingdom from invasion." Freja looked up at the ceiling of the room and then back down to look Yoshiko in the eye, "No. The Menschilche have caused enough trouble on this planet and we want nothing to do with them in all honesty. The only reason you and Mamoru get to have a part in the upcoming defense is that you're Verbanans."

Mamoru looked at Freja, "Even you must know that you cannot hope to defend your kingdom against a technologically superior foe. Yoshiro's forces have guns and vehicles, while you still have mounts, plate armor and swords. You should know that none of you stand a chance against him and his forces." Kauko folded his arms, "This may be so, but we cannot risk being enslaved by the Menschilche once more." Yoshiko became angry, "So instead, you'll allow yourselves to be executed or even enslaved by one of your own people!?" Kauko looked at her, "Yoshiro is not one of us, and yes, I would rather die than live a slave again. I was born into slavery, I honored my parents sacrifice daily by being a Paladin. They died so that I could have my freedom and I chose the path that I would die if it ensured that I could bring someone their freedom."

Yoshiko sighed, "We're not going to enslave you." Mamoru shook his head, "None of you are going to listen, very well. We'll head to the staging area of our choosing. Hopefully after the defense of the kingdom, you'll listen to us, come on, Yoshiko." Mamoru walked out of the throne room and Yoshiko followed close behind him, "Major, why won't they put aside their pride and accept that they'll need the help of the Menschilche in order to win this war?" Mamoru sighed as he looked back at her, "Simple, many of them still bear the scars of the Verbanan Liberation war. Even if they were not directly affected, they have been indirectly affected. Even Yoshiro is among these people. Hell, I was born a slave and was one of the top Verbanan Commanders in that war." Yoshiko nodded, "So you'll lead us to victory." Mamoru smiled slightly, "Or die trying."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#11 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 10

Yoshiko found herself in real combat for the first time, the day had arrived and she was fighting her own battle through the streets of a town on the Mus border. She had left her allies to fight another battle as she swiftly ran through the streets of the town, shooting enemy soldiers that were too stunned at her sheer speed and power, having never encountered an enemy that was as fast as she was. She rushed an enemy position and shot one of the soldiers, while another one threw a grenade at her. She grabbed the grenade and threw it back, correcting her course to get out of the blast radius of the grenade. She didn't enjoy this, even though it was what she was created for, especially regarding one particular Kitsune. She realized that she would never find the commander on the ground, so she jumped onto a building and started to look around.

Yoshiko didn't find him, she felt a magical presence behind her and dodged to the left, while turning. When she looked at the person behind her, she realized who it was. She rushed at Yoshiro with all of her might, but didn't connect with him, she instead passed through him and she heard a voice speak up, "Now now, Yoshiko, I do not believe you know the difference between real and magic. You don't stand any chance at fighting me, why don't you surrender now and make it easier for the both of us." Yoshiko looked around and called out, "Why don't you come out of hiding!?" She felt something hit her in the back and shove her forward, "I was never hiding, I just never got the chance to reach the roof of the building you were on." Yoshiko turned to look at her enemy for the first time in her life.

Yoshiro stood there, she could feel the power of his mana, but wasn't afraid of him, she rushed at him and he moved out of the way before kicking her in the belly and forcing her to stop. She looked at him, "There's no way you could've done that!" Yoshiro pointed to his eyes, "I fought with the best the Lupines could throw at me, kid. Going to have to try a different tactic." Yoshiko stood up and tried to rush Yoshiro again, this time with a knife in her hand. Yoshiro grabbed the arm and concentrated, sending electricity through her body and forcing her to let go of the knife as he threw her aside, "I get it, you've never had to fight a real opponent, you always fought simulations of me, is that about right?" Yoshiko looked at him, "[censored] you!"

Yoshiro sighed and shook his head, "You're a sunblood with a bias towards fire, water is one of the six elements that I have access to while in this form. However, seeing as you have the light element, I have access to dark. Thing is, I have access to the fire and light elements. I've won this fight, you're just too stubborn to notice that." Yoshiko picked herself up and threw a punch at Yoshiro, who moved out of the way and used her momentum to throw her to the ground, "It's amazing what a rudimentary grasp of physics can do for a person." Yoshiko watched as he stomped down at her, but grabbed his foot. Unfortunately for her, she didn't notice one of his tails slamming down on her and she felt water mana enter her body, causing her an extreme amount of pain, forcing her to let go.

Yoshiro stomped on her shoulder, and was surprised that it didn't break, but he merely jumped back and increased the distance with his innate wind magic. His hand then started glowing black and he pointed it at her as chains of dark elemental magic ensnared her, "The more you struggle against these, the more pain you will feel." Yoshiko tried to infuse light mana into the chains, but found that she barely knew how to use her own magic and thus only caused herself greater harm. Yoshiro smiled slightly, "Don't worry, kiddo, I'm not going to kill you, I'm just going to put you... and that traitor... in a special cell, made just for you." Yoshiro pulled out a gun and pointed it at Rogelio, "Isn't that right, my former friend." Rogelio looked at him, "How did you... how did you know!?" Yoshiro smirked and pointed at his ears with one of his tails, "I can hear you."

Yoshiro called out, "Hey, Magic Knights, I need a couple of Dark and Water Element users up here." Soon, a squad of knights converged on Yoshiko's position, "Capture her and take her to a specially made cell for super soldiers like her... as for you..." Yoshiro turned his attention to Rogelio, "Your betrayal cut deeply. I don't think I can ever forgive you, but I will be willing to give you another chance to serve within my empire. It's your choice, Rogelio." Rogelio looked at him, "I already swore an oath to the Paladinic Order. You will get no oath from me and I will not betray the people actually fighting for justice." Yoshiro kept his weapon pointed at Rogelio, "You know nothing of justice. I'm bringing justice and peace to people within my empire and you of all people should've known that fact firsthand!"

Rogelio called out, "You're a monster, nothing more. You've ordered the deaths of innocent people, especially children!" Yoshiro shook his head, "You still believe those lies... Rogelio... I execute the soldiers who do things like that. That kind of behavior is not tolerated in my empire." Rogelio growled and turned around to lift his tail. Yoshiro knew what what coming next as Rogelio sprayed at him. A swift and powerful wind blew through the area and knocked it off course, "You're not the first Mofeta to try that on me. Of course, now you're without a ranged option. You can surrender now, Rogelio or I can knock you out and take you to the base." Rogelio laughed, "Surrender?" Yoshiro shrugged and rushed Rogelio, grabbing his chest and sending fifty thousand volts through his system, "Sleep well..." He grabbed Rogelio as he fell and looked at the battle his forces had won, "I'll take you back to the prison camp, myself."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#12 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 11

Yoshiro watched as Rogelio finally came to, "Ah, I see that you're awake. Normally, you would've been executed by now, but considering who you were to me and the fact that you made a mistake, I'm going to allow you another chance. This is your final chance, Rogelio. I do not wish to kill you." Rogelio spat in Yoshiro's face and spoke in his native tongue, "Vete a la mierda, pedazo de mierda. Nunca te acepto como mi emperador. Mátame si es necesario, pero recuerdo que me muera mártir!" Yoshiro looked at him and frowned as he wiped off his face, "Are those the words you truly choose?" Rogelio looked at him, defiantly, "Yes. I will die a martyr!" Yoshiro sighed and stood up, "I give you a chance to avoid your fate, do you know that you are a traitor and you will die a traitor?" Rogelio laughed, "Yeah, at least I die with my morals."

Yoshiro closed his eyes and pointed to a window, "She has never seen an ally die before her eyes." Rogelio looked at Yoshiko and then back at Yoshiro, "You dirty..." Yoshiro narrowed his eyes, "She is not a hostage, she is a prisoner. But she is the reason why I am giving you this chance, even now, Rogelio." Rogelio sighed, "Puede tener su oportunidad y meter por el culo!" Yoshiro shook his head, "Defiant to the end. Very well then." Yoshiro removed his sword from his belt and tossed it to Rogelio, "Take my blade and die on your feet." Rogelio picked up the sword and drew it from its scabbard, he looked at his own reflection in the blade and sighed. He entered a ready position, not sure of what this form of Yoshiro's could bring, but he did know one thing, Yoshiro had the advantage.

Rogelio moved in a step and swung the sword at Yoshiro, who moved out of the way and drew his pistol, "I'm sorry." Yoshiro shot Rogelio in the head, killing him fairly instantly. Yoshiro sighed as he picked up his sword and placed it back in the scabbard that Rogelio had discarded. As he placed it on his belt, he turned to the window where he saw Yoshiko struggle against the bonds that he had placed on her by his magic knights. She screamed at him, "Murderer! Pscyhopath!" Yoshiro walked out of the room and over to the door of her room, "Let me in." The soldier looked at him, "Sir, with all due respect." Yoshiro sighed and moved his darkness and water tails, "If she tries anything, I can use magic to hurt her. She can't really do much to me." The soldier nodded and opened the door, "Alright, sir."

Yoshiro walked into the room and he watched as Yoshiko continued to rage against her bonds. He sighed as he shook his head, "You're not going to escape, and you're going to wind up killing yourself if you keep doing that, which would be detrimental to my plans." Yoshiko looked at him, "So you're not into that kind of thing?" Yoshiro was appalled that she would even suggest such a think, "What in the actual [censored]!?" Yoshiko smiled cruelly, "You're going to try it why I'm alive aren't you? That would be a big mistake you know." Yoshiro looked at her and took a step back, unable to show his disgust, "Oh my goodness, Yoshiko, you're my clone, that's absolutely [censored] disgusting and you know it! How could you even suggest that I'd do such a thing!" Yoshiro felt nauseous at her accusation, "I'm a conqueror, not a monster!"

Yoshiko looked at him, "So then I guess you're going to torture me for information." Yoshiro looked at her and sighed, "The more you open your mouth, the more I wonder what propaganda that you've been fed. Listen to me, Yoshiko and listen to me well, you are a messenger, the only thing I want to know is why Mamoru is on the planet." Yoshiko looked at him, "I will not reveal that information." Yoshiro folded his arms, "Well then, let me guess why he's on the planet." Yoshiko frowned, "You wouldn't figure it out anyway." Yoshiro smiled slightly, "Mamoru is here to kill me, plain and simple. You were designed to kill me and he sees you as something that can and will rob him of his greatest desire." Yoshiko looked at him, "You don't know anything about Mamoru!" Yoshiro's smile grew, "Oh, but I do, Yoshiko, I do."

Yoshiko shook her head, "Mamoru is an honorable man!" Yoshiro unfolded his arms and pointed at her, "You are so inexperienced. I've seen men obsessed with revenge, I'm one of them. A little history lesson, Yoshiko, what happened four hundred and fifteen years ago?" Yoshiko looked up at him, "Nothing significant happened." Yoshiro shook his head, "The Kitsune Civil War happened, I accidentally killed my brother and my half-brother during that war and Mamoru started the damn thing!" Yoshiro laughed as he continued, "Aiko and Takeshi, both of them tried to fight against me, but... well. Both of them ended up dead..." Yoshiko looked at him, "You have a history of killing your family." Yoshiro shook his head, "I never killed my twin sister, just like I didn't kill my mother." Yoshiro leaned in and coldly spoke, "I brutally executed the people responsible for such an act."

Yoshiko looked away, "You're bluffing, Minako wouldn't die like that." Yoshiro shook his head, "I sent her body back to the Kitsune kingdom, and told the soldiers that if anything happens to it, I'll kill them myself. But I digress, like I said, you're a messenger. There's an old Menschilche installation in the northern sea. If Mamoru decides to come alone, he will find no resistance. If you idiots try to send even one more person with him, Mamoru will be captured and the other people will be shot." Yoshiko looked at him, "Why?" Yoshiro smiled, "To put it simply, I wish Mamoru dead and he wishes me dead. He's just using you to further his goals, kid. So, if you impudent rebels will agree to a ceasefire for about two weeks to allow Mamoru to get there, that'd be wonderful. Because if not, I will attack the Mus capitol with all I got. It's Freja's choice." Yoshiko looked out the window, "Fine, I'll pass it on, but what's in it for me."

Yoshiro looked at her with a smirk, "If Mamoru wins, the war's over. My empire will collapse in on itself and all will be free for the Menschilche to swoop in and conquer once again, enslaving the Verbanan peoples yet again. If Mamoru loses, you get your shot at killing me and if you win... my empire will collapse and all will be free for the Menschilche to swoop in and enslave the Verbanan peoples once again." Yoshiko looked at him, "You lie!" Yoshiro laughed, "Verbana is very resource rich and we're an excellent people for them to use in their work camps. Do you honestly think that they would ignore this fact just because they got booted off this planet centuries ago?" Yoshiko growled and Yoshiro turned around, "Think on that for a while, I'm heading out." Yoshiro left the room, leaving Yoshiko to her own thoughts.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#13 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 12

It had been a few days since he had killed Rogelio and Yoshiro looked at Yoshiko, "Your mana... its a lot like mine. You could've become a powerful mage." Yoshiko looked at him, "What are you talking about?" Yoshiro fanned out his tails, "Do you see these... each and every one of these holds power within them. You're my clone, and though you do not have the same gene that allows you to take this form, your body can handle more mana than even my own. Your mother, though... she was a sunblood, wasn't she?" Yoshiko looked at him, "Don't you dare try to go after my mother!" Yoshiro shrugged, "I wasn't planning on it, by the way, you might have noticed that you and I are the only ones left in this base, do you know why?" Yoshiko smiled, "It's because you're a coward?" Yoshiro shook his head, "I sent a message to Mamoru. He's coming, alone."

Yoshiro's communicator beeped and he placed his hand to his ear, "This is Yoshiro." The voice on the other side spoke up, "A dragon is moving towards the base, it's green and well, very angry." Yoshiro sighed, "Alright. What's the ETA?" The voice on the other side spoke up, "Thirty-six minutes, sir." Yoshiro nodded, "Plenty of time to play." Yoshiro turned off the communicator, "Well, this complicates things a bit. I'm sure Mamoru is waiting for me outside, so I'm going to go head out, my clone. Don't try to escape, that's magitech holding you at this point, it's stronger than I am and will hold you securely." Yoshiro turned around, "If I'm correct, Julius will be coming to rescue you. You should be happy, a Dragon doesn't usually come to rescue someone, especially someone with the Menschilche." Yoshiro grabbed the clasp of his cape and dropped it to the ground to reveal the new power armor he wore underneath, "Remember my scent and use it to track me, my clone."

Yoshiro walked out of the holding cell area and smiled as he walked out of the building and into the courtyard to see Mamoru walking up. Mamoru raised his gun and Yoshiro put on his helmet as Mamoru fired at his head. The plasma bolt hit an electrical field in front of him and Mamoru gasped as Yoshiro chuckled, "Personal energy shielding, Mamoru. It's a shame that you will not live long enough to share the technology with your friends, the Menschilche." Mamoru sighed, "Cocky, just like your father. It's a shame you're not half the man that Akira was." Yoshiro laughed, "Akira was a coward, he ran from what he had to do and never held fast to his true convictions. He was bred as a weapon, just like I was. I will engage in war to unify this continent and then the entire world, to put a stop to war."

Mamoru growled in disgust, "So you're a hypocrite! You're a weapon that is trying to stop what you were designed for!" Yoshiro pointed at Mamoru with one of his tails, "No, you fool. Akira couldn't hold fast to the fact that he wanted war to end, that he wanted it to stop. He kept believing that people would stop fighting on their own if he just avoided combat. Verbana will never truly know peace until that peace is forced upon them through unity!" Mamoru rushed at Yoshiro firing his gun until it ran dry, none of the shots hit home and Yoshiro moved forward a step as he threw a punch into Mamoru's face, "I'm a super soldier, Mamoru, you should just lie down and accept the fact that you're going to die!" Mamoru reeled back and held his face as Yoshiro slashed at the air with a tail, sending a crescent of fire towards him.

Mamoru moved out of the way, but Yoshiro had drawn his sword and was already swinging the pommel at him in a murder stroke. Mamoru tried to dodge that, but he was put off balance as the electric tail came down and fired electricity in his body. Mamoru felt incredible pain grip him, he thought that he was going to die, when the electricity stopped, "You... can't do it... can you..." Yoshiro laughed, "Don't kid yourself, Mamoru. I want to extend your suffering for as long as I can!" Yoshiro kicked Mamoru and sent him reeling back into the shadow of a building. Yoshiro rushed forth and his Light tail started to glow, light constructs gripped Mamoru's limbs, pinning him in place and Yoshiro leaned forth, "I wonder how much force it takes to tear an [censored] in half! Why don't we find out!"

Yoshiro waved his hand and the light constructs started to pull Mamoru violently, and Yoshiro nodded slightly, "So it's going to take more force than I'd be able to use, but I have severely damaged your power armor." Yoshiro cut off the Light mana and let Mamoru stand up and try to move towards him. However, Mamoru fell the moment he took a step forward, causing Yoshiro to smile slightly, "Oh, hold on now, I got some progress!" Yoshiro stomped on Mamoru's back, using his foot as a conduit for the Lightning mana that he chose to use, "Tell me Mamoru, how much pain are you in!?" Mamoru couldn't speak, all Yoshiro heard were noises of pain and then nothing, "I still hear your heart beating, but it seems that you gave up. A shame."

Yoshiro grabbed Mamoru's head and picked him up enough to touch the chest plate, "Amazing what some control can do. You're probably wondering why your armor didn't protect you, when normally it would act as a Faraday Cage... simple. I didn't activate the mana until it was touching you. You never stood a chance, Mamoru." Yoshiro placed his hand on the chest plate and had his mana go through it. Once the mana touched Mamoru's chest, he activated the Lightning mana and electrocuted Mamoru to death. Yoshiro dropped the body, "I'll never get used to the scent of burnt fur." He walked away from the scene of the battle and sighed, "Hopefully Yoshiko would provide me with some greater entertainment." He shrugged, "I mean after all, she is designed to kill me. But eh, if this is all the Menschilche have to offer, my life is going to be boring..."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#14 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 13

Yoshiko sat in the cell when suddenly the wall was broken down by a draconic fist. Yoshiko turned her head and expected to see her death, she caught the scent of a Lupine as the Lupine climbed down from the Dragon. She heard a voice speak in a language she didn't recognize, "Julius, ich werde auf dieser Kitsune zu prüfen." Yoshiko sighed, "So you're here to execute me?" The Lupine shook her head, "Ich bin Imma, häufiger unter dem Reich als der Schwarze Ritter bekannt." Yoshiko shook her head, "I do not understand what you are saying." Imma spoke up as she removed her helmet, "I'm known as the Black Knight around Yoshiro's empire. I was never loyal to him, unlike Walthari and Killian. Though it was I that helped Killian escape from the empire that Yoshiro had formed." The Dragon spoke up, "Jaciv tepohaic wer gazziz di wer irlym di sia xiekivi."

Imma nodded, "Yes, Julius, she does smell of the Menschilche, but unfortunately we don't have any choice. It looks like you're being held by magical bonds, hmmm..." Imma looked over at Julius, "I'm going to need a better tool than the one I have, preferably one that was blessed by Amaterasu." Julius reached into a pouch and pulled out a knife that had a visible golden aura surrounding it, "Tenpiswo." Imma took it and walked around to the back of the chair Yoshiko was tied to, "Don't move. You are still merely the enemy of our enemy and if you try anything, this won't be a rescue, this will be your end. Am I clear?" Yoshiko nodded and stayed still as Imma wanted her to. Imma swiftly cut through the dark elemental bonds that tied Yoshiko's hands together and she sighed slightly, "You're free, so what are you going to do now?"

Yoshiko turned to look at her, "I'm going to go regroup with the Resistance now that the Major is dead. I may not have experience, but I was designed to kill Yoshiro." Imma nodded slightly, "Julius, how do you feel about joining with the resistance forces?" Julius spoke up, "Coi xurwkic ve nurescho. Riluoh yth tir ti tepoha tikil mahtelii." Yoshiko looked at the Dragon, "I've only heard of these creatures in Menschilche history. My history always painted the Draconic peoples in a negative light, but seeing one up close... it's so majestic." Imma looked at her, "Julius is a male Dragon and he would prefer you to use the appropriate pronoun rather than calling him an it." Yoshiko nodded, "I apologize, Julius." Imma nodded and walked out, "Come, Yoshiko, we're going to go join with the resistance, even if Julius isn't entirely happy about it."

Yoshiko nodded and followed Imma out of the building and Imma helped her onto Julius' back. Imma climbed onto the back of Julius after Yoshiko was on, and grabbed the reins that Julius carried with her free hand, "Hold onto me, Yoshiko." Yoshiko nodded and wrapped her arms around Imma's waist as Imma put her helmet back on and nodded. Julius took off into the skies and Yoshiko got to see the region she was in from above, "When we're up here... everything looks so serene." Imma nodded, "Flying is always relaxing, however, the skies have seen their share of bloodshed in the past. There's currently a battle raging on about thirty-five kilometers to the northwest of us." Yoshiko blinked, "That's Mofeta territory!" Imma nodded, "Yeah, we disengaged from that battle a while ago when we heard that Yoshiro was around here. Julius and I thought it would be an easy way to commit regicide."

Yoshiko wasn't familiar with the term, "What's regicide?" Imma chuckled to herself, before answering, "It's a killing of the a royal, usually the king of a nation." Yoshiko nodded, "So, Imma, has any nation escaped an invasion by Yoshiro's forces?" Imma nodded, "The Fennikkusu nation fell in line, seeing that they wouldn't be able to win against Yoshiro's forces. My people... well..." Yoshiko tilted her head, "What about your people?" Imma's free hand balled into a fist, "Bruno was a great king and he was to be my husband. Yoshiro killed him and then threw his match against one of his loyalists. I was exiled from my people and I took up the Black Knight. There's a member of my people in particular that I've been trying to hunt down." Yoshiko nodded, "Is it Killian?" Imma shook her head, "Walthari Jaeger, known as The Butcher."

Yoshiko nodded, "I've heard of his deeds, do you honestly believe that you'll be able to kill him?" Imma sighed, "My weapons are made of ilma metalli, and my armor is made of painted over maa metalli. Maa metalli is better suited for armor, being heavier than iron or steel, but also more sturdy and better suited for absorbing hits. Ilma metalli is lighter and is great for things like chain mail, but really excels when used to make a sword or a spear tip. Being lighter than iron or steel, but having slightly less durability than maa metalli, it increases the force of these weapons greatly." Yoshiko nodded, she knew a fair bit about the four unique metals found in the Verbanan system and a few other star systems, but she didn't quite know that they were used in war like Imma was using, "That's interesting."

Imma nodded slightly, "So tell me, aside from being created to kill him, why do you want to kill Yoshiro?" Yoshiko looked down, "He's a monster." Imma shook her head, "He's not. Every single person he's killed or ordered the death of was a military combatant at one point. He's never killed or ordered the death of a civilian. What he is... is a conqueror and he doesn't care who he rolls over to expand his empire." Yoshiko was in disbelief, "So he was telling the truth?" Imma nodded, "I've been watching his every move and accessing the spy network that the resistance movement had set up. That's why I came here to try to kill him, but the slippery son of a [censored] eluded me again." Yoshiko frowned, "He killed my ally in front of me." Imma sighed, "Welcome to war, Yoshiko, you won't find a worse hell in the world of the living."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#15 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 14

Yoshiko walked through the halls of the Mus castle with Imma by her side. She entered the throne room and stormed over to Freja, "Mamoru and Rogelio are dead and it's all because of you!" Freja looked at her, "Mamoru acted on his own account and Rogelio was captured, we do not have the man power for an undertaking of that scale. However, we're going to push deep into enemy territory." Imma spoke up, "You will not find Yoshiro within enemy territory, the direction that he traveled suggests that he's currently in his underwater base." Freja nodded, "And where did you learn about this, Black Knight?" Imma looked at Freja, she snarled under her helmet, "I am loyal to the Draconic King, Bahamut, no one else. The ally that I'm closest to is Bahamut's great-grandson." Freja nodded slightly, "Perhaps. But we cannot entirely trust you." Imma folded her arms, "The feeling is mutual, the enemy of my enemy isn't necessarily my friend."

Freja nodded, "Well spoken." Yoshiko looked at the two of them, "We're in a period of high tensions, do you honestly think that fighting like this will get us anywhere?" Kauko spoke up from behind them, "The super soldier is correct, your highness. However, I wish to test this Black Knight's power for myself, see if the legends are true." Killian spoke up from a corner, "It has been a while, sister." Everyone except Yoshiko was surprised and Imma took off her helmet, "So I see that you stopped licking Yoshiro's boots, Killian. Good for you, now only if it wasn't too late for Walthari to figure out that he's merely being used." Yoshiko looked down, "I think we're all being used... Yoshiro said that he's the only one that is giving the Menschilche pause to take over the planet."

Freja looked at her, "And you believed him!? The man's a liar." Imma shook her head, "For once, Yoshiro speaks the truth. It's the reason that Bahamut had forbidden the Dragons from getting involved." Freja growled, "Get out of my court." Killian shook his head, "You throw my sister out, then I go as well." Freja shrugged, "Do whatever you want. If you want to spare Yoshiro, then I have no need for any of you." Yoshiko balled up her fist, "No one wants to kill Yoshiro more than I do. I've seen the things that have happened under his rule, the horrors that he has committed, the atrocities that his people have done!" Freja rose her voice, "And yet, you are talking about sparing him as if that will stop something worse from happening! Get out of my court, or I will force you out!" Yoshiko narrowed her eyes, "I would like to see you try."

Freja motioned and Kauko moved out of the way as two guards walked over to Yoshiko, one of them grabbed her arm, but she pulled him towards her and punched him in the head with all of her strength. She heard a sickening snap and the man fell limp as the other guard rushed her and grabbed her from behind. She headbutted backwards into the guard's face and then quickly turned around and grabbed the guard by the head and slammed his head into the floor. Kauko knew that he was outmatched, but drew his weapon anyway to protect himself. Yoshiko coldly spoke to him, "Put your weapon away and I will spare your life. Though I do not have a taste for this, this is what I was designed to do." Imma looked at her, wondering what could've made Yoshiko snap like this.

Kauko frowned, "You know I cannot do that as long as you are threatening the life of Queen Freja." Yoshiko sighed, "I thought you would be smart, unfortunately, you seem to be the stupidest of them all. I'm sorry for this." Kauko rushed at Yoshiko with his sword and Yoshiko moved out of the way of his swing, causing Kauko to look surprised at how fast she moved. She punched Kauko in the head, holding back a bit, "Like I said, I'm sorry. When you wake up, you'll have one hell of a headache." Imma looked at Yoshiko and then Killian, who shrugged and Imma placed her helmet back on, "So I guess we're going to fight our way out of this place, huh?" Yoshiko sighed, "No, we're not. You and Killian will leave peacefully, I was the one that engaged in combat, so I will be the one fighting." Freja chuckled, "She's right, you know. Go on, Lupines. Leave peacefully."

As Imma and Killian left, more guards poured in and Yoshiko sighed, "I'll try to leave you with an army to fight your war." Yoshiko rushed at the guards and dodged their attacks, showing them the hard way what it meant to fight against a super soldier. Despite attacking each and every one of the guards that were in her way, she held back just enough to knock them out, instead of kill them. When she was at the bottom of the stairs, the rest of the guards looked at her and started fleeing from her. Yoshiko sighed, "Smart." She ran towards the main gate and though they tried to close the gate on her, she was able to slip through. She didn't look back as she tore through the city, running faster than even her predecessor, Project Kawal could.

Yoshiko sighed slightly as she eventually left the city, she found Julius standing there, "I guess this is it, huh? We've got no where else to turn." Killian sighed, "Enemies of the Resistance, enemies of the Empire, and enemies of the Menschilche... I guess we really have no where to go, huh?" Imma shook her head, "The Dragons will be happy to take us in. The thing is... I'm not entirely sure if we'll be able to fight with only their support in this battle. It's... not something that we'll be able to do easily." Yoshiko frowned, "I don't care, I was designed to kill Yoshiro, and I'm going to kill Yoshiro. After that, I don't care what happens to me, but if anything gets in my way, ally or enemy, I will kill them." Imma sighed, "You remind me too much of Walthari, come on... let's go, I'll take you to Bahamut, he'll decide what to do next."