Mirai Nikki

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Evilsqirrel
Council Member

Mirai Nikki

#1 Post by Evilsqirrel »

Well, me being the demented [censored] I am, I always find myself trying to push the limit as to what is the grittiest possible thing I can watch is. Mirai Nikki, by and large, has to be the grittiest, most demented, pull-no-punches anime I have found yet. This thing had to be censored when it was aired in Japan because it was so brutal. I love this anime, currently on episode 11, and it just keeps putting on the pressure. If you are a fan of criminal insanity, you will love it.

Anyway, I think this show really deserves its own thread. What are your opinions on it?

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Mirai Nikki

#2 Post by Schrodinger »

Can't you see how much she loves Yuki?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#3 Post by Envy661 »

I watched the first episode of this. It seemed really good. Not as gory as Deadman Wonderland, but still interesting and suspenseful. Sadly I probably won't be watching it any time soon as I'm looking for my next Love, Chuubinyo, & Other Delusions to watch.

Speaking of which...
*Goes to make thread*
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Insomniac »

I've watched the anime. I can think of things slightly more demented. School Days, Elfen Lied...When They Cry. Though When They Cry wasn't quite as well written, I think the way it was presented, a stable time loop with or without an actual ending where the exposition is given in pieces would've been better. ...InSTEAD, they went the dumb [censored] route of just having each arc presented as is, with the same damn exposition about everything given every goddamn time.

As for Mirai Nikki, I liked it a lot.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#5 Post by Insomniac »

schradieck wrote:grittiest as in gore and shear Brutality,
or
grittiest as in almost-impossible-to-watch-bad?

if it's the first i'll check this out, and i'll also recommend the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs, I have yet to see anything come even close to what they were like.

I'd say neither. It's very entertaining, even if one of the more eager killers is
Spoiler!
a rather young, and I do mean YOUNG child
. It's less gory than Elfen Lied, and a [censored] lot less [censored] up than Elfen Lied or When They Cry.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.