Favorite Games/Genre

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

recnic

Re: Favorite Games/Genre

#511 Post by recnic »

For me, Its got to be sandbox games, Eg. Garry's mod and BeamNG.Drive
Dont mind some FPS games like Counter strike.
To all admins. If any of my posts are infringing the rules, Simply contact me and I will take the material down.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#512 Post by Vintage »

I agree, I love sandbox and FPS, but I find myself loving and playing open-world games the most.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Pichu162

#513 Post by Pichu162 »

as if it wasnt obvious, my favourite games ever are pokemon!
but i also like a lot of older ps2 & gamecube games... theyre the only consoles i have besides handhelds
sly cooper, kingdom hearts, mortal kombat, ratchet and clank and shadow of the colossus (it made me cry super hard) for ps2
wind waker, paper mario and mario kart on gamecube + the pokemon ones, XD and colosseum
i mean, theres more, but those are my favourites!

BallisticMaximus
New Citizen

#514 Post by BallisticMaximus »

Anyone here like Deus Ex?
I would check through the posts, but 35 pages in the middle of the night is not really gonna work for me right now... Sleep and whatnot...
I love Deus Ex! Since I played the original Deus Ex, I was absolutely attached. Invisible War wasn't as impressive, but it wasn't as bad as it's reputation states.
Absolutely loved Human Revolution though! It was totally what I was hoping Deus Ex would turn out to be! And I cannot wait for Mankind Divided! It looks seriously epic from the trailer! And a war raging over augmented superhumans is just what the series needs! I have a great feeling about Mankind Divided!

xboxgamer969
Citizen

#515 Post by xboxgamer969 »

used to love competitive FPS games a [censored] ton back in the day but not really anymore, now I mostly play Racing games, Open World Sandbox games or just really good singleplayer games be it big triple A titles or small indie games like Undertale and the such :)
games currently busy with:

Xbox:
Forza Motorsport 6
Forza Horizon 3 (once that releases later this year)

PC:
Dying Light
Armored Warfare
Runescape (although my membership ran out and don't have the funds right now but I will get it paid soon)
Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4 (once I'm done with Dying Light that is lol)

MoonSticks
Master

#516 Post by MoonSticks »

welp.

I likes me some good ol' tekken, like it so much i named my pet rabbit Yoshimitsu :heart:

Always been a fan of rpgs, platformers beat em ups and puzzles.

currently suck with jist a ps1 and borrowing a psvita so I haven't much at the moment but im playing tekken 3 and FF IX :nora:
|D :heart: MOMMY MOON :heart: |D

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

STOP FEEDING ME MARSBARS!...

xboxgamer969
Citizen

#517 Post by xboxgamer969 »

a [censored] ton
lol censored, ok "a sheet ton" :p

RashallVetkay

#518 Post by RashallVetkay »

I play mainly RTS games, Command & Conquer fanboy here, on my PC and rpg's and shooters on my Xbox 1. I'd play more on the PC but I need to upgrade it badly.
"I am one with the flame. The conflagration reborn. I am your funeral pyre."-Anthem of the Abbadon.

BarrytheBountyHunter

#519 Post by BarrytheBountyHunter »

I never used to, but ever since I got Enter the Gugneon I fell in love with rogue-like games,
I also like Elder Scrolls Online so there's quite a huge difference in genre that I like.
Gamez, YouTube, Photoshop
... And Two Kinds

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#520 Post by NiWo21k »

Because i cyberpunk is one of my favorite themes - i think it is no surprise that Deus Ex is one of my favorite games.

No game to this day had givin me so much fun and its one of the handfull game i nearly play once a year even if i found everything in it (at least i think i have seen everything). And with all the mods out there its still a blast to play it.

The official third part wasn`t bad but the boss fights just killed it and the Director`s Cut just had to have this stupid DLC insert in it :evil:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

#521 Post by The Blue Fox »

*Gives this thread a phoenix down*

I find the games I enjoy the most are games where you build stuff, so long as there's some challenge to it such as trying to survive like in Minecraft and other survival games, or managing your finances like in Cities Skylines or Transport Fever.
I definitely should also mention Stardew Valley as a game I like here, but that doesn't have much focus on building, survival or money management. It does have some elements of those, but it's a lot more casual and there's no real danger of dying or going bankrupt or anything.
I don't know why I enjoy those kinds of games so much. I just do.

I also like open world games, whether it's exploring the world on foot like in Skyrim or Fallout 4, or on wheels like in Burnout Paradise ot Test Drive Unlimited 2 (It's been a while since I've touched a driving game and I've yet to do one on the PC, I literally grew up with the Playstation through it's first 3 iterarions)

I also enjoy fun shoot-'em-'ups like Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield 3.

So yeah, building games, open world games and shoot-'em-ups pretty much cover the majority of the games I've played and continue to play.
Some games have a bit of overlap, too. Fallout 4 has elements of all 3 and is the closest to a perfect hybrid of all my favourite game types I've ever seen.
Does that make Fallout 4 my favourite game? No.
I think my favourite game is Transport Fever.
I dunno why, but I just find connecting cities to each other and feeding them goods so satisfying, especially once I got a huge empire of trains, trucks and planes going all over the map.

Unfortunately my real life finances aren't too great at the moment so I can't afford any newer games I'm interested in like Transport Fever 2 or The Witcher 3.
Hopefully one day my financial situation will improve and I'll be able to explore all the games I'm interested in.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#522 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Have you ever heard of Age of Empires? The 4th empire just came out last month (and the second one is 20 years old yet still beloved)

It is a empire building game and RTS game. You build your town field military and kill your opponent. Quite fun to me.

Also would not recommend the Witcher 3 it is a revieer darling but i find it just a string of boring fetch quests. Story is good though.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

#523 Post by The Blue Fox »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:10 am Have you ever heard of Age of Empires? The 4th empire just came out last month (and the second one is 20 years old yet still beloved)

It is a empire building game and RTS game. You build your town field military and kill your opponent. Quite fun to me.
Yeah, I've heard of Age Of Empires. Even seen some gameplay clips here and there.
I'm not sure I'm interested in it, but I'm not sure why I'm not sure I'm interested in it.
I've played RTS building games before in the form of some early entries in the Command And Conquer series (The first PS1 game which is also referred to as Tiberium Dawn, plus C+C Red Alert 1 + 2) and I enjoyed those.
From what I've seen AOE is all set in the medieval era with medieval technology and weapons.
I do like the medieval era in RPG game contexts. Though those do tend to be more in the realm of fantasy with magic and mythical creatures and whatnot.
So you'd think the two together would be something I might like but...I dunno. I have weirdly specific video game tastes I guess. :/

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:10 am Also would not recommend the Witcher 3 it is a reviewer darling but i find it just a string of boring fetch quests. Story is good though.
I feel that's probably more down to personal preference. I see a lot of similarities between The Witcher 3 and Skyrim and I enjoy Skyrim, even with all the side quests, and Skyrim has A LOT of those.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#524 Post by Insomniac »

Just this morning I finished playing Ghost of Tsushima again. Freaking BEAUTIFUL game in every way. Shame it ONLY won best art direction at the game awards last year. But, freaking better have lol. The game director and art director were granted permanent ambassadorship to the real island of Tsushima. I posted this screenshot on a Discord server, and a PC GAMER there honestly asked if it was from a game lol
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.