No votes
Let's play a different game... :redhair:
49%

Total votes: 83

Yash
Administrator

Re: Rules & Game Discussion

#901 Post by Yash »

As you guys can see, this board hasn't been taken care of too well. So, I've stepped in and done the following:

-Disabled post count increments in this board(Posting in this board no longer raises your post count)

-Cleared out the threads that were longer than a few pages, so that the posts associated with them no longer count towards anyone's post counts. (And because they were too old/long)

Please try to stick within the board rules for this board, y'hear?
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie

deathwatch
Council Member

#902 Post by deathwatch »

aaaaaand it's dead...

Well, guess it's back to the game idea drawing board.

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#903 Post by DariusL »

I got an idea.
It's a game in which we collectively create a story, three words at a time. We must respect the sentence structure. No posting three random words, no swearing, no double posting (ideally wait for two other users to post before posting again).

What do you guys think?

deathwatch
Council Member

#904 Post by deathwatch »

Sounds like it could be good I could see a great number of lolz coming from it.

I had an idea where someone would say three things about themselves, two would be truths and one would be a lie, the players would have to guess which one was the lie and the person that got it right could state the next three things.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#905 Post by TinyVoices »

I faintly recall that idea being implemented before, Ticoun. Can't say I recall how it went, though. :?

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#906 Post by Stryder221 »

ticoun wrote:I got an idea.
It's a game in which we collectively create a story, three words at a time. We must respect the sentence structure. No posting three random words, no swearing, no double posting (ideally wait for two other users to post before posting again).

What do you guys think?
Idea's been done before, I think.

I remember a girl carrying Furry Flakes and a machine gun from it. then the world effectively died a few posts later.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

deathwatch
Council Member

#907 Post by deathwatch »

Jeez, Yash sure did scour all life from this sub-forum...

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#908 Post by TinyVoices »

Lol he did kill like the only 3 or so threads that were active. Those were dozens of pages long and months old, though. Funny that the Basitin Banishment thread is still around though, considering it was marked for deletion for a while. I suppose I could have flagged it, but eh. :oops:

So, but let's make something new. The three things game would work, except knowing how people are in this forum, I know that that game wouldn't run very smoothly. For one thing, if the person who's it only gets on once per day, then that would be bad. At least in the way that we wouldn't move along that quickly.

It is however a good game in general. But do we even have a place for it technically? If Yash wants us to follow the rules, then only 6 active threads can exist at once. Course, by the looks of the last posts for each of the threads in existence right now, the last post in each and every one of them is more than 1 month. The red text says that anything with more than 1 month since last post is "inactive". We really don't have a single active thread, then.

So, I'm going to vote for the following two for now, unless somebody wants to take it slower or debate about it a bit more:

* deathwatch's 2 Truths 1 Lie. Though still noting the above fact that it may be pretty slow. So maybe the next one could perhaps remedy that issue.

* Something akin to Lordlyhour's Hedgehog Song Game -slash- ticoun's suggestion of another story thread. Basically, the story thread would just turn rpg, and the song game is probably too naughty or confusing. Let us just say that we make a Song Game of some kind. Rhyme, but no point really needed. Each person posts a line of something like 5 to 10 words, the last having to rhyme with the last word of the last post. Just, don't go overboard maybe? S:P

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#909 Post by TheDragonfiend »

WE MUST BRING BACK BAN THE USER ABOVE YOU *Of course :P*

Edit: My post count got hit pretty hard... ~1100 posts gone... At the same time I made 1100 posts in ban the user above you 0_0
ImageImageImage

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#910 Post by alex3192 »

Any chance of something alone the lines of Corrupt a Wish? :wink:
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#911 Post by Gotheran »

alex3192 wrote:Any chance of something alone the lines of Corrupt a Wish? :wink:
I second this

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#912 Post by TinyVoices »

In the Question Game thread, InceptionBwaaa wrote:Yeah, this thread is the dead. Can we has new gaems?
There are currently 17 games in total in this sub-forum. About 5 of which are active.

I'd like it if we could discuss possible new games, rather than just jump into a new one.

How many people are even active in the forum games sub-forum? I can recall maybe like 10 or so? Just kind of giving a number off the top of my head, of course. What game would we all enjoy?

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#913 Post by TheDragonfiend »

TinyVoices wrote:
In the Question Game thread, InceptionBwaaa wrote:Yeah, this thread is the dead. Can we has new gaems?
There are currently 17 games in total in this sub-forum. About 5 of which are active.

I'd like it if we could discuss possible new games, rather than just jump into a new one.

How many people are even active in the forum games sub-forum? I can recall maybe like 10 or so? Just kind of giving a number off the top of my head, of course. What game would we all enjoy?
Im a year late but now that im back make that 11, i was always extremely active in the forum games section (the aforementioned 1100 posts in ban the user above you should speak enough on that fact) as for as of right now from what i see only 2 games are active not including the two i posted in this week, those being last man posting and guess the next person.

I believe now would be a good time to discuss a revamp of the section and a swapping of dead games for new ones.

Edit: So i went on a hunt for some ideas that i think would suit our uh.... unique community.

And i found a couple.

The first is word association which is exactly as it sounds, you have to find a word related to the word before it, this one could have some interesting results but is fairly simple.

Theres also spell the name of the person above you backwards, which could get old fast Unless, we spiced it up a bit, so spell the name of the person above you backwards and put it in a sentence, dont have a name for that one yet ideas?

There is the ever popular ban the user above you which was always a hit, but thats also one of the much older threads so thats a question of do we want to revive that old gem.

And lastly i found a good one, mad libs ill quote the post i found it in here because its somewhat complicated

"Make up your own, and have another forum member complete it and then type the full Mad Lib in the next post.

I'll start

a Name _____
adjective ______
noun _______
verb ending in ing _____
noun _____
place _____
another place ____
verb ______"

If anyone is interested in any of those ideas just holla and we can work out a way to make em suit the community.
ImageImageImage