Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

Re: TheWellManicuredMan's Slapdash Scribblings

#16 Post by puredeathly »

TheWMM wrote:
Bridgeotto wrote:A really good way to test proportions and the like is to flip the image to be mirrored. You can see a lot of errors when you do this and often can see the way to fix it. If you flip the image and it still looks normal, then you know you got it right.
The current program that I use (Photoshop Elements 10) doesn't make that too easy to do, unfortunately. PE10 wasn't really designed to even be a program for drawing in my opinion, and it's the only program of the sort that I have. However, I'll try to do that whenever I have to time to draw something.
Try Krita! It's open source and free and made for drawing (and a lot better than Photoshop :grin: ).

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#17 Post by Vintage »

Alright, I've got another drawing to add to the detestable collection!

Might as well name this one "Business Cat", shouldn't I? :P

I'm actually pretty proud of how the clothes themselves turned out. But like a complete novice (which I am), I starting drawing too low on the page. Hence why this character is lacking any sort of feet. But anyway, I've started using references for drawing clothes/facial expressions/poses now. Whereas before I simply tried to do that from memory (which doesn't work out quite right for me yet). I believe that is the reason this looks better to me.
Spoiler!
There are a couple things wrong with this image that I would like to eventually fix digitally:

1. The head is angled incorrectly/head is too large
2. The shoulders are too broad
3. Feet need to be added
4. Hand positions may need some work, as their angle is slightly off
5. Neck is too wide
6. Add some more fur lines
All and all, I think this is one of the best things I've drawn to date! I don't draw much, but I hope to get better soon. Moral and motivation are big issues with anything I "create".
puredeathly wrote:
TheWMM wrote:
Bridgeotto wrote:A really good way to test proportions and the like is to flip the image to be mirrored. You can see a lot of errors when you do this and often can see the way to fix it. If you flip the image and it still looks normal, then you know you got it right.
The current program that I use (Photoshop Elements 10) doesn't make that too easy to do, unfortunately. PE10 wasn't really designed to even be a program for drawing in my opinion, and it's the only program of the sort that I have. However, I'll try to do that whenever I have to time to draw something.
Try Krita! It's open source and free and made for drawing (and a lot better than Photoshop :grin: ).
I downloaded it a while ago, and I'll try to use it for this. It'll take some adjustment as Krita's hotkeys are different than Photoshop's.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

prototype99
Master

#18 Post by prototype99 »

finally! i know what your name stands for! no offence intended we're pretty much on the same drawing level, but i'd say you're a bit better than me and you're only going to get better! :)
stop! look at these cute emotes! :flora: :kathrin: :natani: :nora: okay you may continue!

Vintage
Certified Fool

#19 Post by Vintage »

prototype99 wrote:finally! i know what your name stands for! no offence intended we're pretty much on the same drawing level, but i'd say you're a bit better than me and you're only going to get better! :)
Yep, when I first joined a year ago I figured the name TheWellManicuredMan was too long, so I abbreviated it.
No offence at all taken! I know I'm pretty mediocre, added to the fact that I'll be trying to paint with a new program.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Vintage
Certified Fool

#20 Post by Vintage »

I suppose it's time to dust off the thread again.

If anyone remembers the Business Cat thing I did a while ago, I've had it less-than-half done on my computer for months, as I haven't found any time to finish it yet. Perhaps during the holiday I can work on it again.
Spoiler!
I also wanted to finish what Kia did here:
Spoiler!
Obviously I didn't draw anything here but the cape. Everything else is not an original work of mine, and the original idea is Kia's.
Image Image

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#21 Post by TinyVoices »

This has potential at being much better than the last version.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#22 Post by kiabugboy »

TheWMM wrote:
I also wanted to finish what Kia did here:
Spoiler!
Obviously I didn't draw anything here but the cape. Everything else is not an original work of mine, and the original idea is Kia's.
Cool :D
i think the color looks better here and the cape is neater

Vintage
Certified Fool

#23 Post by Vintage »

So after almost obliterating my confidence in freehand art with the previous submissions, I decided that I'd go back to what I feel I do best - graphics based stuff.
Image Image

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#24 Post by The Rookie »

TheWMM wrote:Doge
Much art.

Very wow.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by kiabugboy »

dude, how did you give it that obama poster effect?

and what program did you use?
it looks great by the way :D

Vintage
Certified Fool

#26 Post by Vintage »

kiabugboy wrote:dude, how did you give it that obama poster effect?

and what program did you use?
it looks great by the way :D
Thanks!

It was actually recreated by hand, using the original image as a guide of course. Began with midtones/base colors to get the basic shape and outline, then added shadows and highlights in smaller sections. All done in Adobe Illustrator since everything scales so nicely.

I actually made another recreation that uses the same technique of Vermeer's "The Milkmaid" that I might be uploading sometime soon.
Image Image

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#27 Post by kiabugboy »

TheWMM wrote: Thanks!

It was actually recreated by hand
Did you use a wacom?

Vintage
Certified Fool

Re: The Slapdash Showroom

#28 Post by Vintage »

kiabugboy wrote:
TheWMM wrote: Thanks!

It was actually recreated by hand
Did you use a wacom?
I really wish I had one, but they're way too expensive. But I did use a graphics tablet. Mine I believe is a VisTablet. It's pretty old, and the stylus isn't very comfortable.
Image Image

Vintage
Certified Fool

#29 Post by Vintage »

So I got the opportunity to work with Corel Painter this week. Additionally, I came across some drawings someone did of an African wild dog, and I thought it'd be really fun to try and paint it. I ended up liking the animal so much that I'm going to make it my new 'sona/avatar. My painting, however, is definitely amateur. But hey, hopefully it's not too bad for a first digital painting... :|
Spoiler!
(click for source image)
Image Image

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#30 Post by kiabugboy »

Looks good if you ask me,
The fur looks very silky :P