Twokinds Translations

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kindamoody
Master

Re: Twokinds Translations

#76 Post by Kindamoody »

New complete translation! Szmeszek, translating into Polish, just caught up with Tom today (June 10th, 2014). Nice to add another complete translation to the list!

Well done, Szmeszek. :)
Sorry about my animated avatar, I couldn't resist.
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. -Mahatma Gandhi
Twokinds Swedish translation: http://twokinds.se
Twokinds text erased pages: http://kindamoody.com/versions/

xamali
Grand Templar

#77 Post by xamali »

Hey, it's been a while since I last saw another translation going all the way! :D
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

Kopaka1996
Merchant

#78 Post by Kopaka1996 »

While other people managed to complete their translations of this webcomic, I couldn't.
I'm sorry but the italian translation won't continue.
Anyone who may want to continue the translation is free to do it, no need to ask permission.

I doubt you will ever hear from me again, I have never been an active user but I lurked for some time, this is a nice community.
Have a nice time guys!
My Deviantart:
http://forgotten1996.deviantart.com/
My art & sketches topic:
http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17113
My TwoKinds Italian translation:
http://2kindsita.blogspot.it/
I'm for :natani: + :keith:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#79 Post by Schrodinger »

Kopaka1996 wrote:While other people managed to complete their translations of this webcomic, I couldn't.
I'm sorry but the italian translation won't continue.
Anyone who may want to continue the translation is free to do it, no need to ask permission.

I doubt you will ever hear from me again, I have never been an active user but I lurked for some time, this is a nice community.
Have a nice time guys!
Best of luck on your future endeavors.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

brukabi

#80 Post by brukabi »

im thinking about translating the comic into hungarian but i dont think there are any people who even know about twokinds in hungary...
and i might stuck ad onomatopoeic words like ack and murrrr....
Chuck norris threw a grenade and killed 50 people.
Spoiler!
and then the grenade exploded

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#81 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

brukabi wrote: people who even know about twokinds in hungary
Our loved friend and welcome cermony fixer Zylver, hes 1 that you can add to the list.
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

BallisticMaximus
New Citizen

#82 Post by BallisticMaximus »

Hmm... There is actually one language that I could probably translate to... However, I'm probably one out of like maximum 15 in the country who might know the language and read Twokinds... And being that the language is pretty much only in this country along with 11 other languages, and the fact that this country is going into a major economic, social, and political depression in the next decade... That service is pretty much useless...
Thank goodness I'll be leaving this country soon... I really don't wanna be here when the country goes to hell...

Kindamoody
Master

#83 Post by Kindamoody »

Some time during this year, another translation caught up with Tom: Polish, alternative translation by Bartenn and Wojszach. If someone can tell me the date I'll be happy to add it to the first post, but the translation is already added to the "complete translations" list there.

Well done, Bartenn and Wojszach. Keep up the good work!
Sorry about my animated avatar, I couldn't resist.
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. -Mahatma Gandhi
Twokinds Swedish translation: http://twokinds.se
Twokinds text erased pages: http://kindamoody.com/versions/

Warrl
Grand Templar

#84 Post by Warrl »

BallisticMaximus wrote:Hmm... There is actually one language that I could probably translate to... However, I'm probably one out of like maximum 15 in the country who might know the language and read Twokinds... And being that the language is pretty much only in this country along with 11 other languages, and the fact that this country is going into a major economic, social, and political depression in the next decade... That service is pretty much useless...
Thank goodness I'll be leaving this country soon... I really don't wanna be here when the country goes to hell...
I would say the translation would be a worthy effort in itself, both to help preserve an apparently-somewhat-obscure language and to spread the wonderfulness of Twokinds.

However, whether it is worth your effort, is something only you can decide.

MirceaKitsune
Citizen

#85 Post by MirceaKitsune »

I myself am from Romania. It would be funny and a little weird if I saw a translation in my language too :P That is rather unlikely however. Unless... nah! Though who knows if I might think about it someday :)

Sigvart Brendberg
Traveler

#86 Post by Sigvart Brendberg »

I have started to translate Twokinds into Norwegian Nynorsk.

The first 30 pages are done. I know a lot of translation projects has died, however, I have a secret weapon: Bus travels. Basically, I have got some time every week day, enough to at least translate a couple of pages each day. It seems to work great so far.
Busy end-of-the-school-year times approaching though, so any real progress starts in June.

The basic goal is 100 pages by June the 1th (30% done :P), as that is enough to actually be useful to attract new readers to Twokinds. If they are not hooked after the first 100 pages, people are likely to continue reading anyway. I have just been translating some software before, not webcomics. It was however much less of a pain to edit the speech bubbles in Gimp than I had originally thought. (I expected it to take about half an hour per page, but it turns out a couple of minutes is enough.)

Hosting is TBD, but it would be really nice if my translation can just ride along on an already existing translation site, as it would likely not cause a significant extra load to the servers, because of the relatively small number of Norwegian readers.

Enough said. :trace: :flora: :keith: :natani:

Sigvart Brendberg
Traveler

#87 Post by Sigvart Brendberg »

Hello!

The Norwegian translation of Twokinds is now online!

http://sigvartbrendberg.github.io/Twokinds-nynorsk/

Here you can find the 22 first pages. It is not completely up to date, as the number of translated pages are now over 30, and some minor corrections are done on some of the pages as well.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#88 Post by Warrl »

If you find something confusing or suspect there's a pun you're missing or idiom you don't understand, don't hesitate to ask.

(And don't be surprised if any such questions spark discussions that go a bit well beyond a direct answer. An example from a different webcomic...)

Sigvart Brendberg
Traveler

#89 Post by Sigvart Brendberg »

Hello!

I have reached page 94 now.
Has anyone a transcript handy for that notoriously difficult background?

amenon
Grand Templar

#90 Post by amenon »

Sigvart Brendberg wrote:I have reached page 94 now.
Has anyone a transcript handy for that notoriously difficult background?
Huh, I guess it isn't convenient to copy-paste from search. Well, here's what it has:
Evil Background wrote: Keidran are created to be destroyed, they are monsters bred for the sole purpose of killing human beings. We as Templars are trained to destroy the keidran and protect human lives. We must be willing to sacrifice ourselves and others in order to rid the world of these creatures. The Keidran are evil. They cannot feel any human emotions and they have no respect for laws. Keidran are never to be trusted. Never trust a Keidran — have no soul, they lack any quality that would set them apart from common monsters — treated as monsters. Keidran are created to be destroyed, they are monsters bred for the sole purpose of killing human beings. We as Templars are trained to destroy the keidran and protect human lives. We must be willing to sacrifice ourselves and others in order to rid the world of these creatures. The Keidran are evil. They cannot feel any human emotions and they have no respect for laws. Keidran are never to be trusted. Never trust a Keidran — have no soul, they lack any quality that would set them apart from common monsters — treated as monsters. Keidran are created to be destroyed, they are monsters bred for the sole purpose of killing human beings. We as Templars are trained to destroy the keidran and protect human lives. We must be willing to sacrifice ourselves and others in order to rid the world of these creatures. The Keidran are evil. They cannot feel any human emotions and they have no respect for laws. Keidran are never to be trusted. Never trust a Keidran — have no soul, they lack any quality that would set them apart from common monsters — treated as monsters.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]: