Is this it?

A place to discuss the production of the second book in the Twokinds series.

Moderator: Moderators

Neytorokx

Is this it?

#1 Post by Neytorokx »

I do very much apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section, but i thought it would be appropriate as my question does involve the books. I'll be completely honest with you guys, I've never been much for comics and especially anything like this, however I very much enjoyed it when I started reading! I read through the archives in 2 days, (kinda regret that now >.<), but I've been trying to understand a couple of things: does the comic end where the archives do or is there more? The first thing I did after I finished reading them I hopped onto the forums and see what it was like here and I noticed the book sections and decided to check things out. My first assumption, and what I still believe, is that the books go farther into the story than the archives do. Hoping that I was correct, I decided to look around with some of the more recent posts to find something regarding where I might find the books and all I was able to find in the end was the projects Kickstarter page. From there I was able to collect was that the Kickstarter was successful, but I still wasn't able to find a store or location that I could potentially buy them. Maybe I'm just being a bit naive and completely overlooked a post or link on the sites I've been to, but I was curious if anyone could potentially tell me whether or not the archives are the end of the story up to current or if it continues in the books and if so then could anyone get me a link to the current store or location to buy the books from? (Again I apologize if this is in the wrong place or if these questions have been answered elsewhere. I've never been good with forums and I thought it would probably be a good idea to create a more recent version of the post anyway.)

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Is this it?

#2 Post by TinyVoices »

Right now, the archive is up to date with the comic. Tom doesn't update the comic too often, however, so if you were to check back in like a month or two, it may or may not be up-to-date. It's just a matter of putting the pages in, though. I actually really like the way that the archive is set up. Other comics generally show a traditional calendar, and you have to guess which days had what pages. This way isn't perfect, but it's better.

The second book, however, is not up to date. I forget what pages it covers, actually...

But so far the books are not caught up. The books are also just a collection of the pages, put into chronological order. So everything you see online is in the book, just that each book covers a specific range of pages.

Neytorokx

#3 Post by Neytorokx »

Thanks for the reply! Its kind of a shame, I was really hoping on there being more than the archive offered, but even then I'm still glad that there was at least something. Thanks for clearing things up!

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by avwolf »

There are "bonus pages" in the books which are not present in the archives, but these are minor side content which doesn't have an impact on the plot.

As of yet, the second book is not yet generally available (Tom's still completing Kickstarter fulfillment), though he might have copies available at his booth at Comic Con.