Both Sides Tk fanfic- WARNING Violence, Language ect.

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

red.wolf
Merchant

Both Sides Tk fanfic- WARNING Violence, Language ect.

#1 Post by red.wolf »

Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction

Chapter 1: Ghost

The job was easy enough; a usual hit and run. The only thing that was odd was that this was the first human target Ghost had received in a few months. Neutral assassins like Ghost were rare, and people often didn’t know how to approach him. Some people dreaded the sight of an individual that lacked the common knowledge to pick a side and kill the other race. Ghost didn't care all that much. As long as money continued to flow into his purse, he was happy.
      The target was a simple trader that ripped off someone with enough money to hire a high-end assassin to return the favor.
      “Sad that people steal from others,” Ghost whispered to himself. The trader stopped after a sound came from the back of his covered wagon.
      “OY, I said quiet, or I'll pummel the lot of ya,” the trader yelled to the cart.
      “Either the trader brought his kids, or he has slaves to sell. Great. My good old Keidran soft spot is going to do me in, one of these days,” Ghost thought to himself.
      The wagon started to move down the rugged dirt path again. One well-placed iron arrow was enough to blow a chunk out of the right front wheel.
      “So," Ghost announced as he emerged from the wood line. "Rumor has it that you took something that wasn’t yours,”
      “I didn’t take a damn thing ya hired thug, and now I expect you to pay for my wagon in full, or I'll kill ya me’self”, the trader yelled back in annoyance.
      The trader pulled out his sword as Ghost unsheathed his blade. The fight was nothing more than a single swing from Ghost. Ghost was a great assassin, and used a lightweight curved blade that took a lot of speed and precision to use or block.
      As Ghost approached the back of the cart, he heard a strange crunching sound from inside. When he pulled the curtain open from the back, he was stunned as something big and furry threw itself into his chest. The slave was free and managed to put a trained assassin on his back in one hit. As he regained his composure, he noticed a beautiful cat Keidran standing in front of him with a blade much like his own.
      “Curved blade? Huh, you must really know what you're doing,” Ghost said as the Keidran slashed at him. The attack was easily redirected; Ghost was one of the best and he knew it.
      “So what's your story? I can tell that you're a bred slave, meant for... well... "special" tasks, but that task in not assassinations.” Ghost continued, with a rare feeling of wonder in his head. “Okay, here is the deal. You're a bit to crazed to question right now. So, we'll have to talk later, once you realize I'm not your enemy,” Ghost said as he slipped around another slash from the Keidran and slammed the pommel of his sword into its head. “Although I'm sure you're going to be a little steamed over getting knocked out when you wake up.”
      Ghost searched the back of the wagon. Enough supplies were gathered to set up a camp and eat well for a few days. The only other thing in the wagon was a bloody corpse of a Templar guard that Ghost guessed was meant to keep this Keidran under control. With camp set up, and the Keidran tied to the largest tree around the camp, Ghost laid down for some rest before his next day of a new contract and dealing with a violent Keidran.

Edited by Ardal
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic

red.wolf
Merchant

Re: Both Sides Tk fanfic- WARNING Violence, Language ect.

#2 Post by red.wolf »

Ok so this is my first attempt to ever write anything outside of of my old college English class. I'm nowhere near done with the story but I figured I would throw this out there to see what people can tell me to do better. When I write I tend to write a lot so if you start you start to enjoy the story, expect more. Even if this does not get a good following Ill post the story to the end just to humor myself. Please let me know any improvements i can put toward my writing.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#3 Post by Neutral Smith »

Short, but interesting. And nice to see more neutral protagonists :grin:

I can already see the parallels. The assassin is based on Zen, and the unknown Keidran something like the child of Trace and Flora, very powerful, but inexperienced.

Every chapter a new victim? Try to make a summary before you start writing, while you still have the inspiration, I already start forgetting things in my story, and I have to read my summary and have to come to the conclusion that I have to rewrite my summary, because some things happened too soon while writing.

Does not have to be a long summary, but something like "First victim. Single Human, easy kill. Covered cart, unknown Keidran (name to be revealed) in cart, attacks.", and some quotes they say, and when you 'arrive' at that chapter you can read the summary and start the real writing.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

red.wolf
Merchant

#4 Post by red.wolf »

Funny, I just got done reading your latest chapter and then come to see you left me some advice. That summary idea sounds like a great way to stay on track and ill be putting it to use as I finish up the chapter for today.

red.wolf
Merchant

#5 Post by red.wolf »

Lets see how another chapter goes.

Chapter 2: Friend or Foe
Ghost

The sun gleamed into the eyes of the unconscious assassin. Ghost was an experienced assassin and didn’t often sleep in, but he knew his next target wasn’t going to get put down until the moon owned the sky once more. He glanced at the sleeping Keidran that he had tied to the tree. She was odd, a brown feline with black streaks through her fur. She was not a recent capture; she had distinct breeding pattern that only slavers could create. She was a cat, but had the stripes of a tiger, but the wrong colors. Mixed in with her stripes were spots, and her body was near perfect. She was toned, but not overly muscular, great features, and if he remembered right from the night before, beautiful blue eyes that seemed to peer through you. Her breeding was one of a sex slave, but Ghost had a hunch that she never stood for her line of work. Too strong willed. She was beautiful, but capable, a rare combination.
      Ghost wasn’t sure what to do with the Keidran. He was capable of holding his own with anyone; he was six feet tall and well-built from his time in the human military. He had the worry of getting along with people, especially Keidran. Somehow, they could sense his military experience, even though he now was just a red-headed, neutral assassin that always had a "straight to business" look on his face.
      I need to think of a plan on how to deal with this cat. I’ve been running this assassin gig for too long, and I have saved enough from it to live a good life in retirement at the ripe old age of 19. Still, I can’t live with humans; I’m a traitor in their eyes for my neutrality and Keidran will sooner kill me on sight. Maybe... I can get this cat to travel with me. It would solve my Keidran problem, and my "lonely as hell" problem. Well, I’ll give it a shot when she wakes up. It should be interesting.
      Two more hours passed, and Ghost was startled by a struggling sound from his camp. He quickly finished relieving himself, to run back to find the Kiedran struggling to break free from her ropes.
      “Well, good morning to you. How’s your head doing?” Ghost asked as he approached the cat. Amazingly, she stayed calm now that she saw him.
      “I guess I’m not in the position to be asking the questions, but might I ask why I am tied to a tree. More importantly, why didn’t you kill me when I attacked you?”
      Ghost decided to be open about his intentions. “In order, you're tied to a tree because I prefer to talk to people when they aren’t trying to kill me. You’re not dead because I’m a neutral assassin and have no quarrel with you. Only the trader that had you in the cage. I kept you around because I have some questions for you. Even though I easily knocked you out, I could tell you’ve had some training. I can also tell you’re bred as a sex slave over many generations, so I’m curious as to how you learned the skill. Also, just to say this now, how would you like to travel with me in search for one of the neutral villages? I know you may not be neutral, but if you travel with me, a human, and realize we're not all bad, you might start to agree with my neutrality.”
      She sat there with a shocked look on her face for a few minutes until Ghost broke the silence. “Why don’t I cut you free before we continue our talk? I’ll show you some trust, as long as you don’t pull a blade on me again.”
      After cutting her loose, Ghost took a while to gain the courage to ask this now armed and free Keidran his question again. “So, did you think about my offer?” he muttered behind the fear in his voice. Why am I scared? I could kill her easily if she starts trouble. Maybe it's a fear of her saying no...
      “Thank you for releasing me and all. I’m sorry I attacked you, but I have my own life to worry about. The answer is no, but if I ever run into you in my travels, you’ll be safe.”
      Great, moving through Keidran territory by myself is going to be hell.
      As the feline assassin began to leave, Ghost called out one last question.
      “Can I at least get your name?”
      The feline paused. “My name is Claudia, but my old owner called me Cloudy because of my refusal to do my job." She put a paw up reassuringly. "Don’t worry, I already know who you are.”

Edited by Ardal

red.wolf
Merchant

#6 Post by red.wolf »

Ok lesson learned, proof reading is a beautiful thing, I'm seeing mistakes after I posted this so be ready for a slip up or two.

red.wolf
Merchant

#7 Post by red.wolf »

Getting to actual relevant events in the story now instead of just random character introduction. I hope everyone who reads this enjoys the story so far. The further I get into this the longer my chapters are getting and the better quality I'm getting out of them. If you all see a fix that I need to make, or you really like how the story is going, please let me know and as always advice is great.

red.wolf
Merchant

#8 Post by red.wolf »

Chapter 3: Smoke Clouds and a Cause
Ghost

Cloudy moved on from the camp that Ghost and thrown together. Those three days were nothing extraordinary. Ghost had turned down a few easy contracts that were sent his way. The money was good, but the will to do the deed wasn't there. He had been killing all his life, and wasn’t disgusted by it, but killing without a cause was starting to eat him up inside. When he was a soldier for the Templar, he knew why he was killing. Although he didn't agree with it, he at least knew why. He was getting desperate for a cause. No more fighting for sport and money, but rather for a place he considered home, a village of people he cared about. It's what he needed, but didn’t have. Neutrality was a lonely path to walk, and that path wound through a dark forest with only shadows to keep him company.
      Ghost was about a mile into Keidran territory. He had been working his way deeper rather slowly since the day Cloudy left. That was a hell of a cat. She could fight well against most soldier types. Hell, Ghost may have been put down if he only had his military training. Cloudy did leave him with some helpful material when she took her separate path. A map of Keidran territory a friend had given her during slavery. Story goes that she and her friends would study the map at night in secret, dreaming of the day they could venture out into the forest where humans wouldn’t go. The map had a small village about a half mile east of his current position. With luck, they wouldn’t be hostile to him once he explained himself. Worst case scenario is that he would slaughter an entire village in self-defense. Memories of raids on similar villages filled his head. He had done a lot of things he regretted, and exterminating villages was one of them. None were spared on these raids. Ghost had his hands soaked in the blood of the young, old, weak, and strong. Shoving the memories away, Ghost moved toward the village. A half mile should only be a few minutes’ walk for him, so time wouldn’t be an issue.
      When Ghost broke through the tree line, he saw the quaint village nestled in the center of the clearing. With a lot of open ground to cover, he knew he would draw attention on his approach.
      I wonder how many armed men will appear at the gates ready to fight me off, hopefully at least one will be reasonable and let me speak before they attack.
      He pushed on to the gate. As predicted, three wolves stood at the gate in a defensive formation, ready to fight off the attacker. Two males and one female, not much of a defense force. Still, enough to show they are willing to fight. Ghost approached without fear, hoping that whole wolves can smell your fear thing wasn’t true. Ghost drew his blade and lobbed it away, toward the wolves' feet.
      “I’m not here to fight, just to talk; I’m just a neutral drifter looking for an inn or a safe place to rest. It's not like I can do much fighting when you have my sword anyway.”
      This gesture wasn’t enough. The larger of the two males wolves lunged forward. As the wolven blade drew is way toward Ghost, he palmed the side of the blade towards his left side. This motion knocked the wolf off balance and with a quick open hand hit to the chest, the wolf went down.
      “I'm obviously capable of killing you all. The fact that I’m not should be enough to show you all that I'm here with peace in mind. No single human would approach the gate of a wolf village and think it would end well, and I even relinquished my sword. If you have any other bright ideas on how I can show that I’m here in peace, by all means let me know so I don’t have to knock each and every one of you on your [censored] until I find who’s in charge.” Ghost yelled this to try to intimidate this poor excuse for a fighting force.
      The female wolf was the one to break the silence that followed Ghost’s out roar. “We don’t truly have a leader; this is just a simple village. The three of us protect it, but no one wolf is in charge. Why do you come to us, peaceful or not? This isn't a common occurrence.”
      "I just need a place to rest and maybe buy some food and supplies. I’ve been roaming the woods for a while and its not a life I enjoy anymore. If you’ll allow me, I would be more than happy to help out who I can when I can while I’m here. I’m a good fighter and would be willing to protect the village alongside you if you show that I am welcome here."
      "I doubt we could stop you from coming in, but you’re not exactly welcome here. You can enter and try to find a place to bed down, but the village won’t be very accepting of a human. Your kind has done us a great bit of harm,” The female wolf answered back.
      “Thank you, I will do my best to stay out of everyone’s way while I find ways to help out. Who knows, helping people out, I might even earn your welcome. If you happen to find any odd jobs that need to be done, let me know.” Ghost walked to get his sword. As he bent down to retrieve his weapon, his head was grabbed and slung up. A blade pressed onto his throat. “If you make a single mistake here, I’ll put this blade through your neck,” the male wolf growled in Ghost’s face. With a huff, he slung him and his gear through the gate.
      He's rather lucky. If I wasn’t trying to find a place to stay, I would have shoved his own blade into his lung.
      The village was small, but he could see places that would need help in some form. They had a smith, a small store, and an inn. The rest were small houses owned by hunters or the guards. There was a small shack in the back of the village that Ghost could only assume was their healer. He made his way to the inn to attempt to rent a room. When he entered, the bar on the ground floor went silent.
      “Um, I’m here to rent a room. My money is good, if you’re willing to let me stay."
      A young thin male wolf walked toward him and growled. “You're lucky I’m broke, or I would kill you myself.” The wolf took Ghost’s money, but threw the key at his chest. “You can find the room yourself. Any problems, and I'll ruin your life.”
      Great, this is going flawlessly. Everybody is so welcoming, and ready to accept a person for who they are and not their race.
[center]~ ~ ~[/center]

Things went smoother the next three days. Ghost had managed to help the innkeeper fix up a few broken stools, and even got a new pipe installed on one of his water pumps. At least he had made one “friend”.
      Maybe not so much a friend as much as a wolf that didn’t want to kill me whenever he walks by, but beggars can't be choosers.
      News spread of Ghost’s helpful attitude, and on that third day, Ghost had an entire list of people who needed something done. The smith needed coal moved from the store to his shop, the store keeper needed her sign repaired, and the healer needed help burying a body from a failed attempt at removing a broken boar's tusk from his patient's femoral artery. Even the guards asked for help putting up a wall with a window cut in it, for an archer to shoot through, if needed. The day was busy, but fulfilling. The wolves finally saw him as just a friendly traveler, and not as human scum that was the definition of evil.
      It was beginning to get dark when a shout came from the gate.
      "TEMPLARS!"
      All the people of the village began running to their home in fear. Ghost ran for the inn and grabbed his gear out of his room. His special set of assassin pants with built in sleeves for three throwing knives and one large dagger, and his hooded jacket with sleeves for six more knives. Ghost pulled the cover from the collar of the jacket and covered his face up to his nose. He looked every bit the assassin, but this time, he was just a soldier defending an accepting village.
      When Ghost got out of the inn, he saw the three guards standing in front of the gate. The gate was closed and barred, but could easily be broken though by five or more strong soldiers. Ghost hurried to the guards. Not a word was spoken, just nods accepting him into their short ranks. Ghost rushed towards the stairs near the gate, and climbed up onto a platform to see over the wall. Forty or so Templar soldiers, with ten mages standing back, were pushing at the gates.
      Those soldiers I can fight. Those mages... well, damn. They’ll blow me away before I can get to 'em.
      Ghost returned to the guards and readied himself. A moment went by, and the gate started to pulse as the Templars pushed it in. With a fiery explosion the gate was hurled open. A mage must have blasted it open. The soldier began pouring in, all focused on the small group of fighters that were ready to defend the village. Ghost didn’t waste a moment. As the enemies got close, he lunged forward, jabbing his blade through the chest of a soldier. Pulling his blade, in one swift motion he removed the sword from the man’s chest and sliced through the gut of another. Now, a game of countering. Redirect, stab, slash out, and repeat.
      As Ghost finished off what he could only guess was his twenty-fifth or so soldier, he turned to see both male wolves dead on the ground. The female was fighting off one soldier, while the rest were raiding the building. Ghost threw a knife into the kidney of the soldier attacking the wolf and yelled.
      “Run! Get who you can, and run!”
      Back to business. Ghost slashed down five more men in a circular combat fighting style he had learned many years ago. Some of the soldiers began to retreat out the gate. Ghost slashed the leg of a soldier that ran too close to him.
      Just another for the pile.
      A low roar rumbled in the distance. Ghost looked to the sky as balls of fire arced over the wall. The mages were bombarding the village. Arrows were following the flames, and one managed to slice through the flesh of his ankle. As Ghost dropped to the ground, another arrow slipped deep into his side. The village was a blaze, and too smoky to see. Ghost managed to stand, and limped his way to the nearest house. He made it to the small stone wall that surrounded the house, when a fireball landed nearby. Darkness was all he could see as he sat motionless, hearing only the crackle of burning hope.

Edited by Ardal

red.wolf
Merchant

#9 Post by red.wolf »

So im thinking into the future here but I have plans on adding atleast one main character into the story along the lines, so I figured I would ask my readers (if I have any that are into my work) for character ideas. If you have an idea for a character, the only guide lines are keidran and in some form magic. If you have an idea send me a message with a description and maybe a back story. Ill post a winning character and credit who came up with it when I decide who to use. Also im useing this to probe into the interest level of readers to see how this story is catching on.

Ardal
New Citizen
Location: Somewhere in Texas, which doesn't narrow it down much.

#10 Post by Ardal »

I love the story. The concept is excellent. I can help edit, proofread, and even revise the story if need be. How should I send the edits to you? Should I PM them, or just post them here?

red.wolf
Merchant

#11 Post by red.wolf »

Ardal wrote:I love the story. The concept is excellent. I can help edit, proofread, and even revise the story if need be. How should I send the edits to you? Should I PM them, or just post them here?
Prefer PM, and thanks for the offer, I know I have more than a few issues in my writing and another set of eyes would be great.

Ardal
New Citizen

#12 Post by Ardal »

You're Welcome, and will do. I just finished the second chapter. To warn you, I'm on a mobile. It won't be my best, especially when it comes to formatting.

red.wolf
Merchant

#13 Post by red.wolf »

No worries, I type and upload from my computer, but the rest is dont on mobile. I know your struggle.

Ardal
New Citizen

#14 Post by Ardal »

Oh the struggle...OH, the Struggle...

red.wolf
Merchant

#15 Post by red.wolf »

OK, most of you will notice I have gone back and replaced my old post with revised and reformatted versions. The story has not changed but has become rather crisp and a much better read. Special thanks to Ardal who acted as my editor. I think he did a perfect job of turning my little pet project into the a story that readers will truly enjoy. Ardal, dont know what i would do without good help :grin: .