Twokinds Nostalgia

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Twokinds Nostalgia

#1 Post by Envy661 »

Well, it's been nearly four years since I joined, and I must say, it has been... four years. Seriously, I can't really say it's been good or bad. I can only say it has been.
When I joined these forums, Twokinds was right around the "Morning After" chapter (not to be confused with emergency contraception), and since then, I have laughed and cried at the speed of the updates, and the content within them. Okay, maybe not cried, but at least super frowny-faced. I mean seriously, I watched Clannad. Twokinds is not Clannad.

But I'm missing my point here. The reason why I wanted to make this thread is to reminisce about the good and bad times here in the Twokinds community since my joining. Taina's Wrath. Leoian... Just in general, as a person. AvWolf's super foxy sexy coolness. Yash... JediGuy's awesomeness. Learning you don't say Aze like Azé, but like how it's spelled (though I'll still call you Azé, you douche :p ). The writing competitions that I didn't even know about until two years ago. The gaming board and all the shenanigans that happen in there. The many friends I have made on here. Those friends telling me to stay away from the RP board for fear of my life. I also greatly appreciate everyone putting up with me as admin of Twokind's Official Unofficial Skype Chat.

To be honest, I don't even remember who or what got me into Twokinds in the first place, but I must say... As someone who has been to many many forums in my life, and who has been banned from nearly all of them - Even HaloTracker, which I helped in the early days make a name for itself, eventually toppling HaloCharts, I can say that I have never met a better community of people... Well... Most of you, anyway (You know who you are... JUDAH! loljk).

So here is the point i wanted to make about this thread. I want it to be a thread of reminiscing. Remembering the good and bad times you've had on this site, and the friends you've made. Tell us when you joined, some of your best and worst moments, and why you still stick around. Don't be afraid to make fun of yourself, but please, do not flame/troll/hate on others. This is a place of nostalgia. Enjoy it, and feel free to comment on other's stories.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Well, it's been nearly four years...

#2 Post by EvilNinjadude »

I remember when I joined a long time ago. I discovered the comic for reasons that shall not be named (mostly curiosity), read the whole comic, and then joined to make one or two minor contributions. What was here turned out to be completely different from what I had expected. In fact now I'm not even here for comic discussion, but much more for the community (as proven by my continued membership of the skype chat).

On a side note, if I don't post in the more common threads all that often, then that's because I've got nothing relevant to say that I wouldn't feel would waste people's time. I used to post whatever came to my head, but I stopped doing that... at some point during my membership here.

Great thank yous to all community members I've communicated with over the past two years!

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3 Post by Envy661 »

EvilNinjadude wrote: On a side note, if I don't post in the more common threads all that often, then that's because I've got nothing relevant to say that I wouldn't feel would waste people's time. I used to post whatever came to my head, but I stopped doing that... at some point during my membership here.
I have pretty much gone the same way. I used to speak without thinking. These days I do that less in a forum-based community. Or moreover, I just don't care as much about posting as I used to. Twokinds was kind of the last forum for me as well. It's the final place I joined before I quit posting almost completely on forums, and even these days, I rarely leave the gaming board. I only joined the comic discussion recently because of April Fools week.

You know, sometimes I find it funny. That the strictest forum I've ever been on is the one forum I'm not banned from.

I'd also wanna thank Sage for his contribution as originally starting the DeviantART thread in the Drawing board, which I now update, and spent hours alphabetizing for your convenience. Same with the xbox LIVE gamertag listing thread in the Gaming board, which GumbyDarnit updates, and I alphabetized for him a while back.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster
Location: On top of a jelly cloud away from the evil monkey zombie ninjas who wield flaming fire swords.

#4 Post by ConkerBirdy »

Oh man, where do I start. I've been a fan of TwoKinds for roughly 6 years and even though I still need to catch up on the comic, I have watched Tom's art progress and evolve into something that I still envy to this day.

When I used to be active on the forums was the time i still call "The Golden Age of the Forums" since the forum was super active, lots of awesome threads in the Drawing Board and all the others. I left not long before the Leoian drama and I followed the Taina drama for a bit as well. But before those, the forums were a wonderful place, around the time i started reading TwoKinds was the time i decided to become an artist and this forum was one of the places that helped me grow into what I am now. And to think, Rooster Teeth profiles was where i first stumbled upon the furry fandom and eventually TwoKinds. Man those were the days. I still love the TwoKinds community even if i dont like some members.

The days I mostly lurk the Drawing Board and talk in the TwoKinds chat on Skype but it's nice to know, no matter where I go in life with my art or how much this forum has changed, it always has a special place in my heart. The Drawing Board feels like the board I mostly belong to, i love watching new artists post because I too were in their place when I first started posting.

I admire Tom for helping me start my life in art and even if he doesnt notice me at all, i still admire him to this day, the guy is my hero.

HeckobA
Master

#5 Post by HeckobA »

I remember that one time Tom did a whole week of April fools posts and we ALL believed him.
Still, I haven't been here too long (even though it's been longer than it feels) and I can honestly say I've never been more active on any other forum (even if I don't post a lot I still follow stuff). I love the comic, I like the people and a big thanks to EvilNinjaDude for introducing me to the Skype chats, and all the Dark Souls (zomg so much Darque Soles).

Hm, when I found out that Tom was actually Mark's brother (when I heard Mark talk about it in a video) and it wasn't just some kind of inside joke... my two favourite single-man-driven entertainment thingys I follow regularly and enjoy and they're brothers and I never knew before. Just blew my mind.

Oh, I also remember my first panel shuffle attempt wh- wait no never mind that was also this week. S:P
ImageImage
-~☼ Look! It's my Steam Profile! ☼~-

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#6 Post by Envy661 »

I just wanted to add my thoughts on something I just realized...

The Twokinds Official Unofficial Skype Chat is over a year old...
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Thank ye for the kind words HeckobA. It's been great to play with ya.
Envy661 wrote:I just wanted to add my thoughts on something I just realized...

The Twokinds Official Unofficial Skype Chat is over a year old...
Wow, has it really? That's amazing. I know I joined sometime before Summmer, but that thing has been around for a whole year?!

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by AzeNaku »

Envy661 wrote:Learning you don't say Aze like Azé, but like how it's spelled (though I'll still call you Azé, you douche :p ).
(;_;)

Man, I still remember what I was thinking when I joined the TwoKinds forum community: "What's a forum?" The whole experience was my first time venturing into the unknown territory of online interaction. Before TKF, I never really talked to anyone online aside from people I knew IRL, but I decided to take a stab at it, and my efforts were rewarded. I met a lot of really cool people (I'd list them but it'd be a very long list, with "Envy661" cross-outed in blood for that earlier remark ;P). I went from timid lurker, to loudmouth troublemaker, to somewhat-known regular, to weird almost-moderator. Then, I just disappeared, only appearing in brief bursts. I love this community, but a lot of the friends I made early on rarely post here anymore and I generally talk to them elsewhere, or not at all as some seem to have completely disappeared into the aether. I still try to poke my head in here occasionally, but I feel a bit guilty for simply abandoning ship without a word. :redhair:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#9 Post by Envy661 »

AzeNaku wrote:
Envy661 wrote:Learning you don't say Aze like Azé, but like how it's spelled (though I'll still call you Azé, you douche :p ).
(;_;)

Man, I still remember what I was thinking when I joined the TwoKinds forum community: "What's a forum?" The whole experience was my first time venturing into the unknown territory of online interaction. Before TKF, I never really talked to anyone online aside from people I knew IRL, but I decided to take a stab at it, and my efforts were rewarded. I met a lot of really cool people (I'd list them but it'd be a very long list, with "Envy661" cross-outed in blood for that earlier remark ;P). I went from timid lurker, to loudmouth troublemaker, to somewhat-known regular, to weird almost-moderator. Then, I just disappeared, only appearing in brief bursts. I love this community, but a lot of the friends I made early on rarely post here anymore and I generally talk to them elsewhere, or not at all as some seem to have completely disappeared into the aether. I still try to poke my head in here occasionally, but I feel a bit guilty for simply abandoning ship without a word. :redhair:
I remember my first forum. bungieHQ.com. I think it's dead now. It was a small forum, and everyone there hated me. Much like you guys :p
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Twokinds Nostalgia

#10 Post by Schrodinger »

I don't hate you.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#11 Post by Envy661 »

Schrodinger wrote:I don't hate you.

No, but your cat does (get it? Schroginger's cat?)
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Ryusen »

It's been a while since I joined this community; 2006 was a very long time ago. I can count on one hand the number of people that have stayed around since then, and a vast number more than have faded into memory. I've not been as active in past years as others, but I've stuck around none the less. I think I've earned a few ramblings, so I hope you'll allow me my nostalgia.

I remember when we could change our names at will, which caused no end to confusion when a few of our members were in the habit of adapting different personas as their mood changed. There were people with thousands of posts that I had no memory of, though a new name and avatar will do that. :wink: It was removed without warning, and a few people were stuck with whatever names they had jokingly donned for that day, which I thought was hilarious.

I remember the Great Forum Migration, where years of posts were sacrificed to the Gods of Bad Code. My post count was cut in half, though others were much less fortunate. I seem to remember some older forumites losing some 90% of their count. Luckily our join dates remained, so I can at least feel superior to a few of you! :P

I remember Luca Fox (or Snow, as he was originally named), and his stark conservatism and libertarianism; MeaCulpa seemed to be his partner in conservatism crime. This contrasted well with others, like Kinuki, who espoused liberal opinions to balance them out. Then there were those like Graham, that crazy [censored], who walked the middle ground, and who's posts I miss dearly. Wherever life has taken him, I wish him only the best.

And who can forget Fastchapter? I certainly can't. A staunch supporter of Kinuki's *ahem* suggestive avatars, and a joker to boot. He was the only one I know of to close the gap to 10,000 posts before he retired to bigger and better things. A good natured, funny, and educated poster who left a hole that has yet to be filled. Though Sebbie certainly tried, and gave avwolf no end to political duels. I believe Fastchapter and Yash were the ones behind an infamous forum prank a while ago, where occasional posts were morphed into something best described as Missingno meet Zalgo, which had all of us scrambling to find what the heck was going on with the forum!

Speaking of Yash, there was a time when most of us just assumed him to be some sort of bot. He often replied to posts with simple commands ("Spam. Topic Locked", etc). It became almost a running joke, as he rarely posted opinions and took his moderating duties (perhaps too) seriously. There was a bit of an uproar when he started coming out of his robot-shell and people realized there was a living, breathing, Philly cheese-steak eating human behind that avatar.

Nanaki and Sage, two admins who have since moved on.There was The Luigiian, and his infamous bad webcomics wiki on Twokinds. Mostly a joke, he became a well-known poster in his own right. He gave SpikerRulesHell some flak for his admission of performing ... certain things on his pets. The Spiffman, who was a mad a scientist as they came. One part Bill Nye, one part Dr. Emmett Brown, one part Nicolai Tesla. Crazy dude. Supervanman64, Keldoth, Able, Talaisan, and dozens of others that have been lost to the passage of time.

I suppose the one thing I miss, more than any other, would be the quality posts. I remember the ranting board being alive and full of debate. Politics, religion, personal issues; all these things received ample attention, sometime spanning into hundreds of pages of debate. Our "What Made You Smile" and "Ranting" threads seem to have done away with most of those ideas, though, and condensed thought into bite-sized chunks. I regret starting the smile thread, and wish the other would also be retired. Perhaps without such specific threads to pigeonhole our ideas, we may have more active threads (I don't believe it's just my rose-colored glasses, either). I bear no small part of the blame, because who better than start discussion and though then those of us who have been here the longest? Shouldn't it be our job to steer this forum towards success? I would love to see more than one new thread a month, and I think locking those threads would go a long way in forcing people to contribute to new and original ideas.

Thank you for the rant. It feels good to post again, especially about something with such a depth of nostalgia for me. I'd love for some heavy-hitters to weight in on what we can do to bring some life back into this place.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#13 Post by Envy661 »

Ryusen wrote:Insightfullness
It's a shame your name isn't on the current smile thread then. Because if it was, you could just request to have it locked.
Though another would surely pop up in its place.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Ryusen wrote:Thank you for the rant. It feels good to post again, especially about something with such a depth of nostalgia for me. I'd love for some heavy-hitters to weight in on what we can do to bring some life back into this place.
I don't think I'm up to the task of making new threads and discussions for us all. Firstly, I don't have big opinions on the big things in this world, and even if you get me to disagree with you, someone else often writes a better argument than me. Thirdly, I'm a bit lazy.

I like the picture of the forum you've painted way back when, and it allows me to accept the fact that Yash locks threads where there's "nothing to discuss" more easily (looking back at your day, when apparently there were many threads with a discussion each). Cheers and apologies.

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#15 Post by ButterBall »

Ryusen wrote:All the nostalgia
Oh, man. All those memories just exploded back into me. The only two I'm pretty sure I missed out on were Luca Fox and the name changing. I will add though, the speed and post pace this forum experienced during the times of those dozens of people who have now moved on. On every refresh click, a new post appeared.
*Used to be a guy people knew at one time.*
Avatar by druanderson. Some things are very NSFW.