Leo's stuff 2.0

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Leo's stuff 2.0

#1696 Post by Schrodinger »

EvilNinjadude wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:Leoian went to a convention recently to peddle his wares.
What. The. [censored].

Okay, this may pretty much change everything. I seriously understand that making parody content should be free use, but I can't see him selling it as a proper parody, not under his mindset. Plus, he's definitely monetizing at, and definitely not at all giving credit. This is pretty much the opposite end of what is reasonably or legally allowed in any place ever.
Again, I don't speak French so I don't know if he's producing this out of pocket and not monetizing it at all, what I've heard third hand is that he's been passing out items rather than selling them.

EDIT: Just checked his site. It seems to run on donations and has no advertisements.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#1697 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Schrodinger wrote:
EvilNinjadude wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:Leoian went to a convention recently to peddle his wares.
What. The. [censored].

Okay, this may pretty much change everything. I seriously understand that making parody content should be free use, but I can't see him selling it as a proper parody, not under his mindset. Plus, he's definitely monetizing at, and definitely not at all giving credit. This is pretty much the opposite end of what is reasonably or legally allowed in any place ever.
Again, I don't speak French so I don't know if he's producing this out of pocket and not monetizing it at all, what I've heard third hand is that he's been passing out items rather than selling them.

EDIT: Just checked his site. It seems to run on donations and has no advertisements.
He doesn't? I thought by "peddling at conventions", monetization was implied. Okay. Right. If not monetized, that appears to be less severe. A little bit. Can it still be justified? Should it be justified?

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#1698 Post by Schrodinger »

EvilNinjadude wrote:He doesn't? I thought by "peddling at conventions", monetization was implied. Okay. Right. If not monetized, that appears to be less severe. A little bit. Can it still be justified? Should it be justified?
I misspoke, I apologize for the confusion. I am not knowledgeable enough of international copyright law to comment fully.

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#1699 Post by LuckyMudman »

Schrodinger wrote:
EvilNinjadude wrote:He doesn't? I thought by "peddling at conventions", monetization was implied. Okay. Right. If not monetized, that appears to be less severe. A little bit. Can it still be justified? Should it be justified?
I misspoke, I apologize for the confusion. I am not knowledgeable enough of international copyright law to comment fully.
Well, there's international copyright law, and there's artist's copyright permission. How free did Tom make his artwork, how much did he copyright it?

If Leo isn't making any direct money off his... art (should I call it re-skin? ), no ads and no selling pretty much flies by most copyright laws I've seen, so yeah, that's up to Tom to take any actions if he wants.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

hoon
Macho as fudge
Fav. Twokinds Character: 1

#1700 Post by hoon »

LuckyMudman wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:
Well, there's international copyright law, and there's artist's copyright permission. How free did Tom make his artwork, how much did he copyright it?

If Leo isn't making any direct money off his... art (should I call it re-skin? ), no ads and no selling pretty much flies by most copyright laws I've seen, so yeah, that's up to Tom to take any actions if he wants.
its the internet, he can do this kind of stuff without being charged, but who ever nudged by it can make sure people will learn about it and know how to treat whatever he do or dont
you also can complain to the site server thingy and ask them to remove his url for copy right
but i really dont see what all the fuss is for
if he will get popular enough claiming its his own content, you can always crash his sweet hands, or publicly pronounce that its stolen and such
i dont think its a big deal ^^;

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#1701 Post by Schrodinger »

Okay I have more details. He was invited and he gave away the items for free.

Sachamo
Traveler

#1702 Post by Sachamo »

He literally cannot stop copying Tom. It's only a matter of time till he seeks revenue to pay for his booth banners, handouts and what have you. I recall he once said he plans on making a kickstarter.

hoon
Macho as fudge
Fav. Twokinds Character: 1

#1703 Post by hoon »

Sachamo wrote:He literally cannot stop copying Tom. It's only a matter of time till he seeks revenue to pay for his booth banners, handouts and what have you. I recall he once said he plans on making a kickstarter.

did the head got bigger? O_O

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#1704 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Schrodinger wrote:Okay I have more details. He was invited and he gave away the items for free.
Awright. Thanks for clearing that up. I too am sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Yo Sachamo, I appreciate the updates on this rather outstanding ex-community-member but we're not exactly in the habit of starting witch hunts here. I know it's weird and unsound practice and all but unless we're actually gonna do anything other than two minutes hate, what's the point of posting it?

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster
Location: On top of a jelly cloud away from the evil monkey zombie ninjas who wield flaming fire swords.

#1705 Post by ConkerBirdy »

EvilNinjadude wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:Okay I have more details. He was invited and he gave away the items for free.
Awright. Thanks for clearing that up. I too am sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Yo Sachamo, I appreciate the updates on this rather outstanding ex-community-member but we're not exactly in the habit of starting witch hunts here. I know it's weird and unsound practice and all but unless we're actually gonna do anything other than two minutes hate, what's the point of posting it?
Yeah, I keep tabs on Leoian just in case it becomes a bigger issue. Check his Encyclopedia Dramatica article for more info.

Otherwise, keep this thread inactive, we're working on this issue so no one needs to bring it up.

NothingIsSure
Master

#1706 Post by NothingIsSure »

ConkerBirdy wrote:Check his Encyclopedia Dramatica article for more info.
Aww daaaaaaaaamn!
daaaaaaamn
So that is the story behind Leo. I knew that Tom had more than a few fanatical fans, but I didn't know anything about THAT fanatical fan ;o!
Spoiler!
Twokinds srs bizns...
Want to see my 'art' ?
Don't set your dogs on me.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#1707 Post by TinyVoices »

Schrodinger wrote:Leoian by comparison has been an obnoxious and insufferable, but relatively harmless, nuisance that has long been ousted from every facet of the TwoKinds community.
You know, I've always wondered what Leo did years ago to make everyone hate him so. If it was stuff like this, then I suppose I understand. But besides that... "obnoxious and insufferable"? And I'm pretty sure we never ousted him since his previous return. He just up and left.

And I like how much it sounds like Myperson was present during Taina. I don't even know who the hell she is, besides the fact that Conker has it out against her in particular, and that it seems justifiable in magnitude but not direction. But I'm more senior than Myperson.....

If legal issues exist, fine. If he plots to deny service to any Twokinds related area, fine. But before that, continually copying Tom in of itself shouldn't even be concerning anyone as much as it is right now. We're ok with Encyclopedia Dramatica as a resource and Luigian as a critic, but not Leo as a copy cat?

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#1708 Post by avwolf »

We're dealing with a banned individual (and he was indeed banned) who believes that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. He can't defend himself here, or explain his choices. In general, most of the community (potentially Tom included) would much prefer to let the memory fade. I understand that this is something people are going to feel very strongly about, but it's not worth raising your blood-pressure over. Tom is generally pretty well aware of Leoian's activities, and if he felt that some kind of legal action needed to be taken, he is well-equipped to put that process in motion. We don't need to pick at this scab ourselves. If you're really interested in all the leoian gossip you can get (for some reason), there are other places on the 'net to find it.

If somebody's really got a compelling reason to keep this thread open, I'll open it back up, but right now, it's just unanswerable negative news, and that really isn't the sort of content we want to encourage here on the forums. Topic Locked