Operation DaggerFall - Panzer Vorwärts! (IC)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

Operation DaggerFall - Panzer Vorwärts! (IC)

#1 Post by Phantom »

October 23rd
German rear near Stalingrad

The coming winter was announced to be cold, and with the situation in Stalingrad not improving High command decides to send a commando unit of mainly tanks supported by some infantry to blitz around the Russian defenses further down in an attempt to cut off their reinforcements to Stalingrad and to create a diversion. A team of Veterans and new Recruits are put together, as well as what ever tank High command can get its hands on. The man they choose to lead this attack is Heinrch Leichtenberg, a seasoned officer in Russia, having experienced one winter already.

Heinrch and Rudolf had been summoned back to headquarters to report for a 'special' assignment. They left their tanks at the nearby tank park as instructed, and had noticed that several other crews were being gathered and that the park was filling up with all sorts of tanks, Allied, German and some that Heinrch did not recognize. He and Rudolf climbed into the jeep waiting for them, and were driven to HQ.

Arriving at one of the most untouched buildings in the village, Heinrch and Rudolf disembark and head inside. They are warmly welcomed by an aid that looked like he had just stepped out of boot camp and as if there had not been a war around. "Shall i give you some time to change into something more presentable?" he said, smiling as he observed their worn and weathered battle clothes.

"No thank you, but you can take my coat, I shall go report to the General straight away" said Heinrch as he took off his coat and handed it to the aid. Rudolf grinned but did the same, leaving the aid to hold their two heavy winter coats. "And I would like it back!" he said, not turning around "Those Ruskies can make good winter coats.". They both climbed the stairs up into a clean hallway. The Generals office was clearly marked, Rudolf knocked before both men enter the room.

"Ahhh Heinrch, Rudolf! Come in come in!" said the General, a cigar in his mouth. He brushed away the silver platter of half eaten food to the side. "Now you are probably wondering why I have summoned you here." he said, getting back into his big armchair. "As you probably know, things are not going well in Stalingrad. Our tanks have difficulties fighting in the town, and the Russians are constantly pouring reserves across the river." he added as he looked out the window at the sounds of explosions in the distance.

"We require a small group of Kommando Tanks to Blitz their way around the Russian Flank in order to relieve some pressure from Stalingrad. And you Herr Heinrch have been chosen to undertake this task. You will be given command of a small Unit of veterans and recruits as well as tanks. Reinforcements are limited, but we do not expect much resistance from the Russians in that area."
"But Herr General, just a Kommando unit?" tried to protest Rudolf as Heinrch remained silent.
"Here are your orders" says the aid who had just entered with a neatly sealed envelope for Heinrch and Rudolf.
"We do not have many resources available, and we cannot divert any of the army groups to undertake this task. So Gentlemen, we wish you luck! We must not fail!" he said, getting up and saluting the men.

The two men Salute and walk back down to the lobby. They gather their coats and put them on before stepping out into the cold. Rudolf and Heinrch look at each other. Rudolf takes out a cigarette and lights it, and he offers one to Heinrch who declines.
"Do you really think this crazy plan has any chance of success?" he asks after a moment of silence.
"The chances are very slim. We must really be cautious about this." answers Heinrch who is staring in the direction of the explosions in the distance. "Let us go first meet our komrads who will be fighting with us. The aid told me that they were all lodged in the small tavern next to the tank park." and with that, both men board the military jeep waiting for them that drives them back to the tank park.
As they arrive, their crews have set up a small camp next to the tank, and turned on the heater for the engine to avoid it freezing. They spot their officers arriving and rush to greet them, but more importantly to ask questions. "We got special orders, we will hold a general briefing later for all the crews. For now ensure that the tanks are ready to role out. supplies will be arriving shortly to refuel and rearm us." says Heinrch before heading into the tavern.

As they enter, Heinrch presents himself. "Oberleutnant Heinrich Lichtenberg and this is my brother and second, Oberwachtmeister Rudolf." he said in a firm officers voice. With that the men stood and saluted him. "We will have the officers briefing now." he said after a brief moment of having inspected the men. "A room has been put at your disposition Herr Oberleutnant" said the tavern's owner. "Danke Schone" said Heinrch as he followed the man and entered the room. Rudolf signaled for the other officers to follow.
((Thats you gent's))
Once inside, Heinrch sits down and signals for the rest to do so as well. "Right gentlemen, I could spend my time reading your files, but i would prefer to get to know you from yourselves. So before we begin the briefing lets have a small introduction shall we?" he said looking at the officers one by one.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

Re: Operation DaggerFall - Panzer Vorwärts! (IC)

#2 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Dimitri and faucon sat by there tanks with a german eyeing them. Although it was a new german from there last who was left at berlin, they still hated the change. They had alot of fun with the last one and got to see a better side of the german side. But this one was all strict rules, the two spoke russian to each other and there crew. Next to them and under them where there own tanks they favored greatly. Inside they had their home flags, clean and showing bright to never forget that they were still russian and still american and that they still do good. Everyone wore winter clothes, all russian, even gloves and boots that made some a bit jealous. Faucon looked at the crates of amko an parts in there own little lot. "so dimitri, what do you say? We build our own tank when we can eh. See what we can build before this goes to the bushka"faucon asked in russian. Dimitri smiled and nodded his answer about to talk again the whole group heard talking and the man leading them for battle with stalingrad. The german pointed the mp 40 at the two and they started moving to the tavern. Once inside leichtenburg was talking about there files but instead wanting to know them personally. Faucon switched from russian to german so they would understand. "good day sir, im Ferrie Faucon, this is Dimitri Spalkovich. We command the sherman and valentine outside. Although this isnt our first winter its not the first time weve been to stalingrad either. And i will answer any questions you may have." Faucon said both saluting before stepping aside to a table as there watcher stood in a corner. Dimitri didnt care to speak german even after beong taught by his freind, now he kept thinking of how tp build there tank. He pulled from his coat a bottle of alchohol with a large v on ot and russian lettering. Faucon handed him his shot glass before they downed two shots slowly.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by alex3192 »

Sam followed the two German officers into the room, right behind the two Russians.
Strange lot the Russians were, how they stomached the diesel fuel of a drink known as vodka Sam would never know. Little too much alcohol even for his tastes.
In any case, Sam stood up and saluted his (presumably) new German overseers.
" Sgt. Dease, [if you wanna know who exactly is shooting at you and where, I'll be your go to guy. I command the] Super Chaffee [in the corner of the lot.]"
It wasn't as smooth as he wanted, but Sam had managed to mix the English into the German reasonably well. Though, it was more along the lines of mixing reasonable German into good English. But beggars can't be choosers, and with a hint of practice he might even through some Russian in there as well.
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

deathwatch
Council Member

#4 Post by deathwatch »

Konrad moved in from an obscure corner, having already been sat inside the tavern for a while now.
"Sirs, I am Unterwachtmeister Jaeger, I command the Panther outside. I have been here since the start of Operation Barbarossa, although I mainly fought on the Crimean Peninsula prior to me being sent up here. I have a lot of combat experience against the Russians and I know their tactics and their strengths and weaknesses well. He said as he took in the others gathered in the room.
Russians, he didn't think much of them, but he did have some respect for their will to fight. An Irishman, his opinion varied on them but that was mostly rumors about their drinking habits and perpetual diet of various potato based dishes, the French-American one, well, Konrad didn't have any real opinion of the French, but he disliked the Americans.

Brushing away his thoughts he rubbed his Iron Cross- so proudly displayed on his dark-grey greatcoat- with his thumb and looked back up at the commanding officers. They looked well enough, he just hoped they weren't the type that attracted bullets like a magnet in a nail factory.

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

#5 Post by Phantom »

Heinrch watched as each man presented himself. 2 Russians that smell of Vodka, an Irishman and one German that shows off his pride he thought as he examines each of them. And i have to create a diversionary attack with this.... he continued thinking as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. He signaled for Rudolf to begin the briefing, even thou he had already predicted this order and was on the verge of beginning.
"Right, as you probably know gentlemen the battle in Stalingrad has ground to a halt and the intensive building to building action is a problem for our panzers."

"HQ has ordered us to create a diversionary tactic with our forces and to push further inland into Russian territory in order to draw some of the enemies strength from Stalingrad. A supply division has been put at our disposition as well as several infantry and Pioneer kompanies." he said, looking at each man as he talked.

"It is important for us to move with caution, as i can see that some of these 'tanks' have very limited supplies of repairs, and we have only a certain amount of resources attributed. I want you all to work as a team. Now we roll out in 2 hours, so make any of the Final preparations before we set off." he said, getting up from the chair "Herr Rudolf will distribute the details of the operations so that you can brief your crews. Gentlemen" and he made a crisp salute before walking out of the tavern and into the snow as he headed towards his Panzer 4, now marked with the commanders flag.

"Rudolf will brief you guys in a minute" he said to his crew as they hand him his coffee. He heads up onto the tank and goes down the commanders hatch. He quickly closes the hatch in order to maintain what little warmth was inside.

Rudolf waited till all the man left the room before packing up all the map and mission documents. He then tirelessly sets up the breifing for both his and Heinrchs crews so that they were aware of the situation. He was used to this by now, and simply didn't oppose it much.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#6 Post by Hotep the psychic »

"so, from what I see is we have a super chafee, a Sherman, a Matilda, a panzer, and a panther....if I may put Stalingrad will have main defense and cautionary. If we were to create a diversion wed need to hit an unaware area, if it were me, id use us two as one group to hit along side a supply route, we have camo mesh netting for this weather. That could give us an advantage." Faucon said taking off his mask and hood to show his more American look before putting away the glasses speaking some Russian to his friend and putting away his glass. "But that's just a suggestion. And while we have time, lets get to know each other." Faucon said standing up and stretching.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by alex3192 »

(meh, not too much to say right now)
Sam leaned against one of the walls, arms crossed.
"[I'm going to need some camo netting of my own, and some fuel.
Where exactly are we rushing off too, anyway?]"
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

deathwatch
Council Member

#8 Post by deathwatch »

Splitting up would be a bad idea, especially around Stalingrad and as far as I know the supply routes will all be guarded. In my opinion it would just be best to leave the strategies to the commanders, even then we can adapt on the move. Konrad added. Russians aren't the most predictable foe, you must remember that whilst cheap their tanks are very effective, they also have a nasty habit of laying mines and other traps, so you should all make sure you keep in radio range when we're out there.

(sorry for short post, got caught up in paperwork)

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by Phantom »

As the final preparations were made, it started to snow again and quiet heavily. As everyone was ready, Heinrch stands up in his command tank and peers out at the other vehicles, all with running engines and crews smugly inside. He puts his fingers to his throat activating his microphone. "All right gentlemen, lets move out. Until we reach our Zone of operations i want a single file column. Konrad Will follow us in his Panther, with Sam in his chaffee close behind. Jackson will be our reserve in the center with Rudolf as our fall back team. Dimitri will bring up the rear of the column." he said in a firm command voice.
He takes a moment to glance at the tanks, still having a lot of doubts about the mission. "Panzer Forwarts!" he says, as the Panzer IV lurches forward. The other machines all follow suite, black smoke belching from their exhausts, as they each maneuver into the designated formation.

Heinrch retreats back into the warmth of the tank, a thin blanket of snow on his fur coat. "Zis snow will slow us down mein herr" Came the sound of his driver over the internal radio. "Do not worry about that... It will slow down Ivan as well." he replied.

The column drive on for several hours, passing by burning wrecks (Both Russian and German) and pass through a checkpoint, where they were now officially entering the combat area. They press on for another hour before stopping on a hill overlooking a town down in the valley. Heinrch gives the order to stop and calls his officers forward for their first battle plan meeting. He takes a map of the region and sets it out on a small fold able table not far from his tank.

((Gimme a bit to get a map together and the rest. Feel free to do some chatting or anything if you wish in between. I apologize for the wait))

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#10 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Dimitri and faucon now outside the tanks where arranging the mesh packs on there mounts. facon gave a thumbs up in his winter clothes and Dimitri let go of the straps and started unrolling the whitish grey and black mesh camo, it spread around the body with out covering the turret and was held over the side with weights and chain to keep it off the tracks. Faucon wrapped the smaller net around the barrel and turret placing the hooks just over the rotation swivel. once complete Dimitri helped Faucon with the same on his tank, Upod admiring how they blended with the snow they moved over to the small table ready for action and their orders. "we are ready, we have our radios set to listen in on the enemy force, so far its just idle talk." Dimitri said his german in a thick russian accent.