TK name the... Make it up facts game

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

HV-FSAPDS
Master

TK name the... Make it up facts game

#1 Post by HV-FSAPDS »

Hi guys, ever wanted to shape the past history or the future of the TK universe in your own way? You have a chance to do it here with your fellow forum users!

How it goes:
Ask a TK universe related question; can be anything of topic from the actual events in the story to your prediction of what the TK universe will be like in the near or distant future.

The next person will answer the question made up by the first poster and supply his own.

Example:

Person 1:
Name the Keidran that kills Keith in the future...

Person 2:
*random Keidran name*

Which TK race will be the first to go into space?

Person 3:
*some TK race*

Name the Basitin's favorite cereal brand.

And it goes on.

I'll start.
Name the first TK race to successfully develop nuclear weapons.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

Re: TK name the... Make it up facts game

#2 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Basitins. They tend more to Scientific Progress and their Social Structure makes it a likely conclusion.

Anyone got a good question?

HV-FSAPDS
Master

#3 Post by HV-FSAPDS »

It's best that you provide your own after answering a question.

Ah well, I'll start again.
What is the name of the most popular bottled drink in the TK universe when they reach our equivalent in technology?

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#4 Post by DariusL »

Blü Dränk

I which village of Mekkan are the best potatoes grown?

leoian
Banned
Banned

#5 Post by leoian »

Few years ago I did the keidran language, and the name could be Ran- Marah
:flora:

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by Stryder221 »

leoian wrote:Few years ago I did the keidran language, and the name could be Ran- Marah
No question, I'll make one.

Which of the races discovered chocolate first, and where?
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#7 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Is this game legal? there are like 60 new games now, so I dunno if Aze bother approving them anymore...meh, oh well.

Keidran did, well sort of. A small tribe colonized an area perilously close to the border of human territory, and discovered incredibly sweet brown flowers. Using a mixture of ingredients they managed to dampen the too-sweet flavor and the result was a chocolately flavour. A few years later humans invaded and drove off those keidran, and discovered the chocolate. They claimed that they had discovered it, and eventually a human company called "Kind & Err" created what we know today as chocolate.

The humans and keidran argued over who originally created "chocolate" for almost a century afterwards, but in the end humans convinced the keidrans that that original keidran tribe had no idea what they were sitting on, and the arguments died away.

So it's debatable. humans created the chocolate we know today, but keidran created a substance very close to chocolate far before humans knew about it.

History is convoluted (and i'm bored XD)

My turn: Did the keidran ever unite into one huge tribe? and if so when and why?
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

HV-FSAPDS
Master

#8 Post by HV-FSAPDS »

No. Differences in ideology kept the Keidran sects divided. As time went on some sects are united into large territorial national powers on the basis of similar political ideology. After the TK industrial revolution many Keidran nations sought to import 'advanced' arms (Artillery guns, bolt action rifles, etc.) from the humans and the basitins. Some Keidran nations formed alliances with human nations which agrees with them on political ideological views and likewise with the many other Keidran nations forming alliances with the basitin superpower. Blocs are formed, an arms race is underway, a global war is looming...

Which TK race will be the one that starts that war?

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#9 Post by DariusL »

Keidrans. Since they live in non-centralized groups, some of them with more radical ideas will attack human territories. Then the humans will declare war to Keidrans and start invading their territories. The Basitins will try to stay as neutral as possible, protecting their islands.

I what year will the first nuclear fusion reactor of Mekkan become operationnal, and in which territory?

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#10 Post by anonfox123 »

Not so sure about the year, but probably Human territories, with superior magic development there helping to contain and control the reactions. The actual R&D teams that came up with it, however, were in fact mostly Basitin on friendly terms with the humans, since the magic only plays a minor role in the design. Go figure.

What races might be on other continents? How did first contact turn out? What's their place in the world "today"?
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by EvilNinjadude »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote: a human company called "Kind & Err"
XD

There has been no contact with other Races (whose actual presence is debatable) despite human efforts to make ships that could sail faster, and longer, sometimes even using magic to enhance the performance of the ship, so that it would require less crew and could therefore sail longer with equal food supplies.
Hi there :evals: :mike:

Anyway, so far the exploration of the world beyond the great sea has been unsuccessful. Ships have been known to... get lost at sea.

What is the Story behind the Human-owned area in the middle of the Keidran territory? See map.

HV-FSAPDS
Master

#12 Post by HV-FSAPDS »

I don't see any solitary human territory within Keidran areas on the map. As for your question, the humans wandered their way in there and surrounding Keidran sects simply didn't care about it.

In 1977 we recieved the Wow! carrier wave signal from a star system approximately 122 light years away. It was transmitted from the TK planet (FICTION). Which TK race sent it?

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#13 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

It's in the upper left. It's a bit hard to see, and totally random. If Tom ever does another livestream it's on my list of questions to ask him :P

Anyway, it was sent by the Eastern basitins. The King at the time (King Kyler Kintups) was an old one, a battle scarred veteren that had a history of dominating both the western basitins during the "war" (the war at that point was an organized festival-like event held every 4 years, games and mock-battles were held and the Eastern Basitins lost only once during Kylers 24 year reign) and trades with humans and keidran, which resulted in the Basitins being more wealthy then they had been in years. However, in his 22nd year as king, his guards stumbled on a huge controversy; a Basitin was caught selling information to an secret human organization working for the human government. Kyler was horrified, and began a search for any other traitorus basitins. His search was ruthless, and the results were shocking. He found not only more Basitins selling information classified information to the humans, but a few selling to wolf and even fox keidran (who were considered the least advanced and most reclusive of the nations at the time). During the investigations the arms general at the time famously proclaimed "at this rate, the only spies that may escape are ones from the stars!". Kyler, shocked and afraid by the level of penetration in his government system took the words to heart and became a recluse, leaving much of the actual governing to the Master General while feverishly funding anti-spy organizations and far-fetched "alien detection technology". One of these, was sending out radio signals randomly into space searching for contact. That was the "Wow!" signal.

Eventually even his adoring public accepted the fact that Kyler was unfit to rule in his old age and he stepped down as King.

TL;DR Basitin king got paranoid, sent signals.

Poor Kyler, the world overtook him without him realising, then lapped him as he tried to catch up...

...I need a life XD
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#14 Post by anonfox123 »

Reviving with a question to be answered:
Just what lurks in the imposing Marble Tower, standing alone before the frozen wastes? Untold horrors? Unbelievable riches? A talking machine promising cake?

Also, my elaboration on the answer to Ninjadude's question:
Ditteridge is located in a sorry, mask-forsaken box canyon. Only a few humans live there, holed up in the town hall, obsessed with guarding the flag of the Human Empire. The Snow Wolves could attack it, but all they'd get is a decrepit town and a flag, in the middle of a frozen box canyon. Whoop-de-frikking-doo...
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

HV-FSAPDS
Master

#15 Post by HV-FSAPDS »

The marble tower houses a starfleet early warning sensor array built to detect and monitor the intrusion of cloaked ships and subspace weapons into federation territory. The tower being in use by the Templar and the elaborate display of floating pieces outside are just part of the cover-up.
(I know, contradicts my previous posts, but who cares? We're here to have fun)

Which TK species will be the first to successfully develop warp drive?