http://tumblr.thedailywh.at/post/185068 ... roup-which
Personally
I say... Good job archie!
What do you all think of this?

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Archie Comics vs 1 Million moms

#2 Post by Talaisan »

Oh no. Marriage is cheapened by a cartoon!
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Insomniac »

Like one of the comments said. Children start with no separation between love, gay or straight, then jaded adults tell them one type of love is wrong. Way to be awesome, Archie.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#4 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Disappointing, but not surprising. I would hope that this group would have better things to do than pursue a comic, but obviously Archie presents such a pervasive influence on our society, and obviously children will all turn gay because of this comic, so it's a far larger priority than, say, helping the homeless.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by avwolf »

And not only that, it's apparently same-sex interracial marriage! A threat to the very heart of the Constitution if I ever saw it. This just continues the illustration of how ridiculous and out of touch One Million Moms is with the rest of America. I mean, we all remember how their boycott of JC Penney crippled the company. ...Oh, wait...We all remember how it had absolutely no effect, and JC Penny's spokespeople stopped just short of openly laughing at One Million Moms.

Of course, the other hilarious part of this is that Archie is hardly the most read or most-influential comic book in the United States, even among those who shop for their comic books in the checkout aisles of their local grocery stores.

-- Edit --
Frankly, this entire business has the opposite effect that the One Million Moms are hoping for. Are we sure they aren't some kind of irony-based counter-protest group? Like a much funnier and more effective version of "Billionaires for Bush?"

avengedplatypus
The Local Platypus

#6 Post by avengedplatypus »

avwolf wrote:And not only that, it's apparently same-sex interracial marriage! A threat to the very heart of the Constitution if I ever saw it. This just continues the illustration of how ridiculous and out of touch One Million Moms is with the rest of America. I mean, we all remember how their boycott of JC Penney crippled the company. ...Oh, wait...We all remember how it had absolutely no effect, and JC Penny's spokespeople stopped just short of openly laughing at One Million Moms.

Of course, the other hilarious part of this is that Archie is hardly the most read or most-influential comic book in the United States, even among those who shop for their comic books in the checkout aisles of their local grocery stores.

-- Edit --
Frankly, this entire business has the opposite effect that the One Million Moms are hoping for. Are we sure they aren't some kind of irony-based counter-protest group? Like a much funnier and more effective version of "Billionaires for Bush?"

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#7 Post by Insomniac »

avengedplatypus wrote:BAAAAAAAAAWLEETED AND BLOCKED
As much as I love women...[censored].

Also: Gay, interracial, and one is in the military. Awesome!
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#8 Post by primalcaller ergos »

avwolf wrote:Frankly, this entire business has the opposite effect that the One Million Moms are hoping for.
considering that i'm already laughing my head off at this very moment at how absurd they're being over a comic book, i'd sure say so. :wink: :P
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me