Comic for February 29th, 2012

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

Comic for February 29th, 2012

#1 Post by aitaituo »

Somehow I got the first post!

I'm glad Evals is going to get exonerated here. It's not like the control spell wasn't going to be reapplied unless Eric granted them their freedom, but I still feel like this is supposed to be a moment of horror.

Edit: Alt text: I have no mouth and I must scream.

Holmborn
Master

Re: Comic for February 29th, 2012

#2 Post by Holmborn »

if i had a method that would make the other person speak 100% truth i would probraly use it too.

now that Evals is going to say that he didnt, maybe Eric will take the collar off again and let him go?
oh, and INB4 anti Eric.
Within my body, Lies the whole of the universe. I am eternal! -Seth

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#3 Post by CrRAR »

Slave control collar; treats unruly behavior and ensures obedience, side effects may include crushing depression, lack of ability to express oneself, and 'Keith eyes'.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#4 Post by Schrodinger »

aitaituo wrote:I'm glad Evals is going to get exonerated here. It's not like the control spell wasn't going to be reapplied unless Eric granted them their freedom, but I still feel like this is supposed to be a moment of horror.

Edit: Alt text: I have no mouth and I must scream.
"He left my mind intact. I can dream, I can wonder, I can lament. Simply… he has taken his revenge. I have no mouth. And I must scream. "
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Nazarov »

Maybe this is the simpliest way to find the truth but I still don't like Eric. It's cruel and "inhuman".
By the way the activated collar on Evals on the 6th panel reminded me the mind control from Red alert 2 :grin:

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by avwolf »

Those...are very Keith looking eyes (as B_Dog noted). Makes one wonder... ;) No. No it doesn't.

I don't think this will be resolved so easily. Seito suggests that Evals will say "yes," and I agree, though I think the event Evals will be referring to is a different (and probably accidental) happenstance from much earlier, not the recent fire.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#7 Post by judah4 »

Something about evals' glazing over makes this scene even more horrifying. Free will is something we all take for granted

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#8 Post by BadFoMo »

avwolf wrote:I don't think this will be resolved so easily. Seito suggests that Evals will say "yes," and I agree, though I think the event Evals will be referring to is a different (and probably accidental) happenstance from much earlier, not the recent fire.
So that would mean that the ship is still in danger? I’m not sure how to react to that.

Anyway, I’m curious if Eric will keep the collars on them after this or not. He had no reason to keep them off when this journey started, so he probably has no reason to keep them off anytime after this. But then again, a combination of Flora explaining things to him/doing puppy dog eyes and Evals responds could motivate him to do the humane thing and break one of the Templar’s laws regarding slavery.

Personally, I’m hoping for the latter, but expecting the former.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#9 Post by CrRAR »

Very cool page. What I especially like about this one is the detail in Evals' mouth, it goes all the way back to the uvula, oh and 'dem ridges.

Don't know if anyone else noticed but the frame the collar clasps and the hex takes effect is bordered by a hexagon. I thought it was clever. haha
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by RedDwarfIV »

I didn't expect Trace and Flora to appear in this sketch.

Wondering why Evals and Mike didn't have 'Keith eyes' before the control spells were disabled.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

avwolf wrote:Those...are very Keith looking eyes (as B_Dog noted). Makes one wonder... ;) No. No it doesn't.

I don't think this will be resolved so easily. Seito suggests that Evals will say "yes," and I agree, though I think the event Evals will be referring to is a different (and probably accidental) happenstance from much earlier, not the recent fire.
Wait, huh?

Pardon if I missed this theory before in the last topic, but could you please explain? I can't recall an instance where Evals might have set any kind of fire period.

And apparently the collars can be used to force honesty so long as the subject is directly ordered to be honest. [censored], considering how completely personality-altering those collars are, no wonder Evals was so scared of being put back under their influence.

Well, I'm officially declaring Eric at best a sympathetic villain. His actions can be justified given the situation and background, but what he just did was [censored] dark. :shock:

EDIT: And Trace and Flora have been there the whole time huh? I'm surprised both of them watched Eric tie up Evals without objection. Flora especially. This should be a Berserk Button for her. I can maybe see Trace staying out of it because he figures he can free them later. But Miss hot-tempered, doesn't-like-Eric-anyway Flora? S:P
Image Image

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#12 Post by Sebbie »

Damn, this is...dark. I guess actually seeing what the control spells do in real time makes it much more horrible than just imagining it.

I'm actually more curious to see Eric's reaction if Evals says "no," rather than adding the twist of having Evals say "yes" on a technicality.
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

epiclyrandom
Traveler

#13 Post by epiclyrandom »

Hmm, pretty disturbing in a subtle way. I like where this is going.
I would really like to see a view into Evals mind,what exactly is going trough him when the colar is on.

Somehow this page reminds me about The Matrix.

PS. Is it me? Or has there been some slight change in the way the characters are drawn last few pages? the necks seem thinner and Flora looks more slim in this panel, reminds me more about her old model wich looked more mature imo.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by avwolf »

Moviedude18.0 wrote:
avwolf wrote:Those...are very Keith looking eyes (as B_Dog noted). Makes one wonder... ;) No. No it doesn't.

Wait, huh?

Pardon if I missed this theory before in the last topic, but could you please explain? I can't recall an instance where Evals might have set any kind of fire period.
Right. We don't know of it for extra shock value. It'd be some time long before Trace and Flora boarded the ship. I make the point because Eric doesn't provide the context for the question. He just says "Did you set fire to my ship?" He doesn't specify when that might have happened or ask whether or not it was intentional (yet). Any good RPG GM should be able to tell you that being asked a context-less question like that is just begging to be answered in a way that doesn't help the interrogator at all, or at least not as much as they think it will. The biggest shock for the readership and for the other members of the party is for Evals to answer "yes." It's the most dramatic answer he could give. As a result, there's good money on him saying it, but it's still pretty likely that he wasn't involved in the most recent fire, implying that he started some other fire on the ship at some period in the past.

Maybe it'll be dull and Evals will say "No," and then everybody's going to wonder how the fire started, and Flora will suggest consulting Keith to see if he heard anything and we'll finally see Keith in the chapter. But Evals saying "Yes" would be much more exciting. ;) (The entertainment value of Eric's self-assuredness being crushed notwithstanding.)

DenFremmede

#15 Post by DenFremmede »

That tear in Evals terrified eye as the control spell kicks in, it really gets to me.