Favorite Games/Genre

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Omniwrench8000
New Citizen
Location: The world of Gaia in Final Fantasy IX, fighting Kuja.

Re: Favorite Games/Genre

#451 Post by Omniwrench8000 »

tony1695 wrote:
Omniwrench8000 wrote:Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 3 = Win.

PC (unless for RuneScape) and Wii = Lose.
Have you seen the sales figures for the 360, PS3 and Wii respectively? The Wii sells more than both the 360 and PS3 combined. I'll admit the Wii has a few weak points, but it was developed as a less-than-serious console. And still it sells brilliantly.
Oh, and PC being 'lose', as you put it? I have one thing to say. Team Fortress 2. Your argument is invalid. And don't even try the [censored] with the Orange Box. You don't get any of the updates. You don't have any of the new weapons. And there are many, many glitches that have had to be fixed since it was first released. Also, every single MMORPG in the world, every good RTS (Microsoft was retarded making Halo: Wars 360 exclusive) and games like Diablo. Your precious consoles have none of that.
So, wanna fight? Because I am game, [censored]
I don't like many RTS or many other MMORPGs, for starters. The only ones I've really played are AoM and RuneScape, respectively.

I don't give a damn about sales figures (especially for the Wii because it's not very serious, which is not my style of play). I don't give a [censored] about official reviews of games. I can make up my own mind. I prefer console over PC, big deal. And I'm sorry when I said "win" or "lose". What I meant was what I did and didn't play on.

And I'm not bashing on The Orange Box. I have the [censored] game on the 360, and I love it. What difference if things are changed to suit PC or console gameplay? I don't really give a [censored]. I still enjoy playing it.
Did you know Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2 knows Keith (Keiser)?

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#452 Post by tony1695 »

I'm just saying you have no right to call PCs 'lose', as you put it. After all, there are many things you can do on a PC that you can't on a console. But I want to avoid a flamewar, so I'll stop now.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Omniwrench8000
New Citizen

#453 Post by Omniwrench8000 »

tony1695 wrote:I'm just saying you have no right to call PCs 'lose', as you put it. After all, there are many things you can do on a PC that you can't on a console. But I want to avoid a flamewar, so I'll stop now.
It's my opinion, I can say what I want (even though I probably could've chosen better words). Thanks for making a good first impression.

OT: Anyway, I'm torn between two of my favorite series, Halo and The Elder Scrolls. I don't know which one to get first when they come out: Halo: Combat Evolved 10th Anniversery Edition or TES V: Skyrim.

Yes, I'm getting TES V on the 360 since I have Oblivion on it (with all the main expansions and most add-ons).

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#454 Post by Gotheran »

Alright, lets not get a flame war started. To each thier own, own to own thier each.

Omniwrench8000
New Citizen

#455 Post by Omniwrench8000 »

I finally decided to try out a Final Fantasy game, so I bought Final Fantasy IX from the PSN last week. It definately jumped to my Top 5 favorite games. :D

It's my first and only FF game. I don't know if I'll try the others like VII and afterwards.
1) Because a good chunk of games are coming out this November, so I'm saving my money for them instead.
2) I don't doubt other FFs are good, but after researching the settings/characters/styles/gameplay of the games, IX is the most appealing to me.
3) Freya Crescent was the first FF character to stand out to me (especially with the phrase "to be forgotten is worse than death," and Vivi is one of the coolest little dudes I've seen.

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#456 Post by primalcaller ergos »

|D :D :grin: hmm.... the two starcraft games (yep, both of them :wink: :grin: ) diablo(only played the second one...so far :wink: ) the wow mmo-rpg(still good even after 6+1/2 years... particularily with cata! :grin: )

i also have that one game on the ps2, wild arms 3
(i still love it so friggen' much! :mrgreen: :mrgrin:
particularily the exceptions on the page i linked-as far as gameplay goes-
and how the "characters" grow and act, as well as the meaning behind it and how much it inspired me-as far as the events/"plot" goes...- it changed my life wonderously, much in the same way 2kinds did.)
(i also managed to play a bit of wild arms 5 but... i never got finish it... because it was rental and had to go back... and the store had "lost" it when i came to rent it again :x :evil: )

another one is second sight it did things for me with much the same intensity, albeit a bit different things and in different ways, but still just so amazing. |D

..... many of the legend of zelda games i liked to play too, just with a very different overall effect.... sonic games are in there too (shadow the hedghog was awesome! :mrgrin: )

hmm..... what else?.... i kinda liked mark of krihmm... seems i could only find a link to the sequel, which i haven't played*laughs*)

well, i loved oblivion (seems i'm not the only one here then :mrgreen: ) it was just amazing, completely unlike anything i ever played before.... it was a whole world... my world...
untill that is, my smaller brother visited, i was nice enough to let him use my computer, and he... he broke it. the disc itself. and somehow managed to crash my OS so i could not reinstall it either :x :evil:
(and just after i first found something that made me almost piss myself as i just love things that put my two my apsolutely fave things togethers wonderfully |D ....not to mention i first found 2k just a little while after getting the game from my dad :mrgreen: )

it was lost to me after that... it was all... so... perfect. then, it was gone. :( ruined entirely and completely. a gift from my father for my birthday 2 years ago at that. and i loved it. so much.
it was the best gift he had ever given me. ever. (i loved the box set of pristine multi-tools he gave me the year before, but sadly never had much use for them. i have lost those as well... long ago... :( )

of course, then i hear about skyrim, and i must quake with anticipation like i did for cata, particularily since that same brother has dismantled all that i love for the longest time. and i can never seem to be rid of him either, even now.(including non-electronic things :x )
(he even destroyed my original N64! and all my great games for it! graw!!!!!!)

anyway, i'm done.... i might add something else later if i remember any other really great games that i have played. (plus, i'm a self-proclaimed long time running RPG junkie! :mrgrin: )
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

BlazeSpectre

#457 Post by BlazeSpectre »

I don't really have favorite genres. I don't care what the genre is as long as I like the game, but it seems most of my games are Indie games or First-Person Shooters.

A few of my favorite games would include Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor, Portal 2, the Half-Life series, Minecraft, any Battlefield games, and any of The Elder Scrolls games.

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

#458 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

I would have to say more action oriented RPG's (or action games with rpg elements, its all about perspective.) That would be like mass effect, deus ex, borderlands, etc. I like a good mix of story, action, character customization and item managment.
Favorite game of all time has to be Okami though...
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

bluecore
Traveler

#459 Post by bluecore »

i'm more into RTS games and some medal of honor too but i still prefer RTS

my favorite uhm ... the whole Company of Heroes franchise
human knowledge is boundless, as long as we want it to be boundless

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#460 Post by primalcaller ergos »

well, i am now playing a game where you literally play as a ghost...

not to mention that.... it is pretty much the only thing that has ever just a little on edge before.... (i've played a resident evil game before, i laughed...then yawned...)

appearently, you have to -yes you, as the player- have to delibrately scare the beejeebers out of everyone, then make them slaughter each other.

more or less, there's a lot more strategy involved than that, not to mention the times when you have to create terrifying horror movie themes,

such as... oh say, burning garbage, screwing with electronics, making blood pour from faucets, bending one's reflection in a mirror until they look like a mutilated corpse....

definately makes a whole new meaning in that old saying i coined "sometimes the scarriest thing of all, is becoming the horror yourself...." :shock:
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#461 Post by Nazarov »

For me: World of Tanks
I always liked the tanks and world war II
My interest about tanks began with Kelly's heroes movie when I was 6-7 years old :)

if anyone interested it:
EU server group: http://game.worldoftanks.eu/
North America group: http://game.worldoftanks.com/

This is a free to play game.

Fujiwara no Mokou

#462 Post by Fujiwara no Mokou »

I'm a huge fan of MMO RPG's, cant get enough of them (especially Grand Fantasia and WoW). I also greatly enjoyed games like DotA and LoL. Fighters are also fun, especially BlazBlue and Hisoutensoku (Touhou).

But my favourite genre would have to be STG's (better known as Shoot 'em' Up's or Bullet hell games), I have been playing a lot of Ikugura and DonDonPachi, but my favourite would have to be Touhou Project. Heh, I can be almost certain that the number of active STG players here is very small, which is a shame.

SpikeRulesHell
Templar Inner Circle

#463 Post by SpikeRulesHell »

I probably posted in this thread a couple years ago, but I'm not going through 30 pages of posts to find out what I said.

My favorite type of game is probably the RTS type. I like Starcraft and such games, and have recently gotten into squad-based RTSs like Company of Heroes (And Dawn of War I suppose, though I haven't played it). I very much like FPS games, especially those in the Unreal series, Quake, and war shooters (CoD, etc.). I'm not a huge fan of 3rd person games, but I've always loved the Zelda series. Unfortunately, I haven't played any since WindWaker, as I've grown more fond of PC games as of late. Right now, League of Legends has my attention, but having few people I know to play it with takes away from the fun sometimes.

I'd never turn down a good RPG, though. |D

lightmaster92
Templar

#464 Post by lightmaster92 »

I regularly enjoy playing my XBox 360 and PSP with a list of games.
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Mass Effect 2
Star Wars The Force Unleashed I & II
Saints Row The Third
Final Fantasy XIII
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Can't wait for Mass Effect 3 and Fall of Cybertron

Check out the story of Twokinds: Mana Burst
http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13238

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#465 Post by Gotheran »

Gotheran wrote:I like RolePlayingGames, (real time)strategy, FistPersonShooters, Classics, hack'n'slash, action/adventure, and puzzle.

My top games at this moment are but are not limited to:
Pikmin2
Castlevainia: Curse of Darkness (PS2)
Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
Kirby Air Ride (GC)
RuneScape (starting to doubt it myself)
Cursed Treasure: Don't Touch My Gems (online tower defence)
Adding ChronoTrigger and Morrowind to this list.