Moderator: Moderators

Deleted name
New Citizen

Re: Favorite Games/Genre

#436 Post by Deleted name »

JRPG: Final Fantasy VI, VII, X, and XIII
FPS: Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, Perfect Dark, MW2
Adventure: Zork, Ace Attorney series, Secret of Monkey Island
Fighting: SoulCalibur II, DBZ games, Super Smash Bros.
Sports: John Madden Football '88, Tecmo Bowl, Madden '06
Strategy: Fire Emblem 9 and 10, Civilization V, Age of Empires: The Age of Kings
Racing: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, Kirby Air Ride
Platformer: Toy Story 2, Super Mario Bros. 3,
Top Down Shooter: Communist Mutants from Space, Xevious
Other: Myst, Mirror's Edge

I like anything besides puzzle games and American RPGs.
"We'll fight 'em till Hell freezes over, and then we'll fight 'em on the ice!"
-Dutch Meyer (TCU National Championship Coach, 1935)

Jazzthren
Apprentice

#437 Post by Jazzthren »

Genres: RPG, Platformer, FPS/3PS, RTS

Games:
World of Warcraft, Diablo 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2 (RPG)
Unreal Tournament 2004, CoD: Black Ops, Modern Warfare 2, Counter Strike: Source, Half Life 2: Deathmatch, Timesplitters series (FPS)
Sonic the Hedgehog 1,2 & 3 (Platformer)
Guitar Hero: Metallica (Misc.)
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War series (RTS)
TrackMania Nations Forever (Racing)

"You may clip our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly."

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#438 Post by Gotheran »

I like RolePlayingGames, (real time)strategy, FistPersonShooters, Classics, hack'n'slash, action/adventure, and puzzle.

My top games at this moment are but are not limited to:
Pikmin2
Castlevainia: Curse of Darkness (PS2)
Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
Kirby Air Ride (GC)
RuneScape (starting to doubt it myself)
Cursed Treasure: Don't Touch My Gems (online tower defence)

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#439 Post by Ironworks »

Ya know I don't think I've ever gotten around to posting here.
My favorite games would have to be

1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
You can't go wrong with the classics, and this one shines brighter than any previous Zelda game IMO. (Yes, more than OOC)

2. Tales of Symphonia
My favorite game of the Tales series, and probably my favorite RPG of all time. If you haven't played this game and you like RPGs, what is wrong with you??

3. Mirror's Edge
Gameplay was amazing, innovative, and fun. Aspects you don't see in many games these days. Where is number two?!

4. Portal
It took me long enough, but I just finally got around to playing this game this weekend. Didn't take me through the first play through to figure out this was one of the greatest games of all time.
Just picked up Portal 2 yesterday, however, so no doubt that'll probably be taking this spot soon.

5. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
I might just be blinding by nostalgia and my childhood here, but this game was one of my favorites, and back before Sonic games went down the [censored]. It seems like since then the quality of these games have just gone down hill, with SA2:B being its peak.
And the Chaos! Those adorable little floaty antenna creatures! Why has the Chao Garden not been in a following Sonic game?! I'm serious, the next Sonic game could absolutely suck [censored] and I would still buy it if it had this minigame back in it.

That be my top 5. There aren't many other games I truly enjoy, let alone would consider my favorite.
I'm picky :P

Joetruck
Apprentice

#440 Post by Joetruck »

GumbyDarnit wrote:Just picked up Portal 2 yesterday, however, so no doubt that'll probably be taking this spot soon.
Oh, it will... BELIEVE ME it will... (and you will also soon get this reference!)

OT:

I don't think I can rank my opinions satisfactorily, I'm just going to name things I like the most :P

- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Dawn of War series
- Portal series
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- RTS
- RPG
- Sci-fi and Fantasy
- Any and all Valve games (:D)
- Magicka

That's all I can think of at the moment!
ImageImage

My Deviantart page :3

Xbox: Joetruck117
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Joetruck <-- I encourage you to add me!

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#441 Post by judah4 »

I love playing RPGs. Fable, final fantasy, dragon age, almost any rpg. I also play a lot of MMORPGs, especially Mabinogi.

Omniwrench8000
New Citizen
Location: The world of Gaia in Final Fantasy IX, fighting Kuja.

#442 Post by Omniwrench8000 »

I mainly play 1st-person-shooter series: Call of Duty, Halo, Left 4 Dead, Half-Life, Resistance, Portal, Fallout, Battlefield, BioShock. (favorites in no particular order)

and

3rd-person-shooter series: Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, inFamous, Gears of War, Assassin's Creed, and most recently L.A. Noire. (favorites in no particular order)

My favorite RPGs: RuneScape and The Elder Scrolls (Definately love Oblivion and looking forward to TES V: Skyrim)

My Most Favorite Games of All Time: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Halo 3 (each the best of their own respective series in my opnion).
Did you know Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2 knows Keith (Keiser)?

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#443 Post by Gotheran »

Omniwrench8000 wrote:I mainly play 1st-person-shooters
You should check out Sauerbraten, it's okay, considering it's a freeware game, the best part is it has an editing tool where you can make maps from the ground up, it doesn't have any free moving objects in multiplayer, and the npc's aren't too fun to fight, but it is fun, especially the raw Fraggage.
Omniwrench8000 wrote:My favorite RPGs: RuneScape
You should swing by our RuneScape thread :D

OT: Herdy Gerdy, a lesser known, rather unique game for the ps2, Is now part of my favs.

Omniwrench8000
New Citizen
Location: The world of Gaia in Final Fantasy IX, fighting Kuja.

#444 Post by Omniwrench8000 »

Gotheran wrote:
Omniwrench8000 wrote:My favorite RPGs: RuneScape
You should swing by our RuneScape thread :D

OT: Herdy Gerdy, a lesser known, rather unique game for the ps2, Is now part of my favs.
I might swing by, but I'm already involved with a clan if that's what you're wondering.

OT: I forgot to mention what I play on.

Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 3 = Win.

PC (unless for RuneScape) and Wii = Lose.
Did you know Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2 knows Keith (Keiser)?

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#445 Post by tony1695 »

Omniwrench8000 wrote:Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 3 = Win.

Have you seen the sales figures for the 360, PS3 and Wii respectively? The Wii sells more than both the 360 and PS3 combined. I'll admit the Wii has a few weak points, but it was developed as a less-than-serious console. And still it sells brilliantly.
Oh, and PC being 'lose', as you put it? I have one thing to say. Team Fortress 2. Your argument is invalid. And don't even try the [censored] with the Orange Box. You don't get any of the updates. You don't have any of the new weapons. And there are many, many glitches that have had to be fixed since it was first released. Also, every single MMORPG in the world, every good RTS (Microsoft was retarded making Halo: Wars 360 exclusive) and games like Diablo. Your precious consoles have none of that.
So, wanna fight? Because I am game, [censored]!
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#446 Post by Gotheran »

tony1695 wrote:

Have you seen the sales figures for the 360, PS3 and Wii respectively? The Wii sells more than both the 360 and PS3 combined. I'll admit the Wii has a few weak points, but it was developed as a less-than-serious console. And still it sells brilliantly.
Oh, and PC being 'lose', as you put it? I have one thing to say. Team Fortress 2. Your argument is invalid. And don't even try the [censored] with the Orange Box. You don't get any of the updates. You don't have any of the new weapons. And there are many, many glitches that have had to be fixed since it was first released. Also, every single MMORPG in the world, every good RTS (Microsoft was retarded making Halo: Wars 360 exclusive) and games like Diablo. Your precious consoles have none of that.
I think most people generally prefer PC's as the most superior Gaming system, mostly because most games are just point where you want to do what you're doing.

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#447 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

tony1695 wrote:

Hey now, don't start a console/flame war. If you have more fun on console, so be it, but I agree that PC is generally the better platform for most genres, especially shooters. You're so limited in your skill ceiling on consoles thanks to the sluggish joysticks.

Also, if you're going to use an example of a "good" RTS, you should cite Starcraft or Command and Conquer or something rather than Halo Wars. :P
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#448 Post by Gotheran »

Cessna Skyhawk wrote:Also, if you're going to use an example of a "good" RTS, you should cite Starcraft or Command and Conquer or something rather than Halo Wars. :P
Or WarCraft, for a retro feel, or SpellForce, or Age Of Mythology. ALl fairly good in my opinion.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#449 Post by tony1695 »

Gotheran wrote:
Cessna Skyhawk wrote:Also, if you're going to use an example of a "good" RTS, you should cite Starcraft or Command and Conquer or something rather than Halo Wars. :P
Or WarCraft, for a retro feel, or SpellForce, or Age Of Mythology. ALl fairly good in my opinion.
I should have made it clearer, I was making a joke at Microsoft's insistence that the Halo franchise remain console-only. It wasn't a bad game, from what I heard, just not suited for a console.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#450 Post by Gotheran »

tony1695 wrote:
Gotheran wrote:
I should have made it clearer, I was making a joke at Microsoft's insistence that the Halo franchise remain console-only. It wasn't a bad game, from what I heard, just not suited for a console.
They have like two departments that war alot, like sony vs nintendo kinda fighting.