Work on Book Two has begun

A place to discuss the production of the second book in the Twokinds series.

Moderator: Moderators

Chi-Yu
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Work on Book Two has begun

#31 Post by Chi-Yu »

I'm still waiting for book #1. They got my money. I got nothing. They got my e-mail. I got nothing.

Therefore: no more Indyplanet.

End of story.

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#32 Post by Fireball0236 »

Have you tried contacting Tom (by PM, email or IRC) on this matter? =\ ...

Dlemon
Grand Templar

#33 Post by Dlemon »

How long ago did you order it? I had waited a month before giving a shout to Tom about it. But the again, I had preordered it, so I don't know about Indyplanet

Haviland

#34 Post by Haviland »

I ordered Book One on December 18th, and it was delivered yesterday - to Germany, so there was definitely something wrong with your order. Just contact them and TALK to them 8) . Most problems could be solved if people tried to talk to each other...

oh, and by the way: I'm really looking forward to Book Two. This will be a MUST HAVE in my book shelf :mrgreen: .

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#35 Post by FastChapter »

Just a heads up, Haviland, the comment you're replying to was posted eight months ago. :P Keep an eye on that.

Zack
Templar Master

#36 Post by Zack »

Yash wrote:Book Two?

I'm preordering that the second it's available.
Same here :D

Where will it be put up for Pre-order? Will Tom make a thread on the Forum / make a link on the Comic Site / Put it up on Indy Planet (or any other online store he uses)?
I started a Wargaming Blog, come and have a look: The Fourth Sphere

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#37 Post by Fireball0236 »

We don't know. There hasn't been an update on the progress in about 9 months. When the book is finished, I'm sure Tom will post how it'll be sold. Tho, we don't know if Tom will hold Preoders again and/or if he'll sketch in the first XX books again, last time he spent a huge deal of time on those sketches so...

Haviland

#38 Post by Haviland »

FastChapter wrote:Just a heads up, Haviland, the comment you're replying to was posted eight months ago. :P Keep an eye on that.
That's right... eight months without a post in this thread, there had to be an update - what if all those guys reading this about Indyplanet would stop ordering Book One? Maybe Tom would decide it's not worthy getting Book Two ready - and that would really be a shame :? . So, guys, don't believe in those complaints, just order it :mrgreen: .

Peregrine

#39 Post by Peregrine »

Love the comic, just showing my support.

Also, as you scroll down your news thing all you ever see is "Sorry for being behind schedule."
I would suggest doing what many comics do, despite how much it angers fans, to save your sanity:
Don't post anything new for a month or two. During that time work as far ahead as you possibly can, then at a pre-determined date start posting the new parts of the comic at regular intervals, say every week, and so long as you stay ahead you won't feel as pressured nor will you be behind schedule. At least you won't be behind for a while.

:nora: :nora: :nora: Love this dragon, she's my favorite second favorite character of the bunch.
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty". JFK Quote

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#40 Post by Schrodinger »

Peregrine wrote:Love the comic, just showing my support.

Also, as you scroll down your news thing all you ever see is "Sorry for being behind schedule."
I would suggest doing what many comics do, despite how much it angers fans, to save your sanity:
Don't post anything new for a month or two. During that time work as far ahead as you possibly can, then at a pre-determined date start posting the new parts of the comic at regular intervals, say every week, and so long as you stay ahead you won't feel as pressured nor will you be behind schedule. At least you won't be behind for a while.

:nora: :nora: :nora: Love this dragon, she's my favorite second favorite character of the bunch.
If he were to do that he could possibly loose a lot of regular readers.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#41 Post by FastChapter »

Removed a very long, very off-topic post. Please take special care to keep the threads in this board on topic.

Peregrine

#42 Post by Peregrine »

FastChapter wrote:Removed a very long, very off-topic post. Please take special care to keep the threads in this board on topic.
Sorry about that, had to write it down before I forgot it entirely. Got it copied over to word though, so no problem. I was tired, and didn't think about opening word first, but I wasn't entirely in my right mind neither so don't be too mad. It just felt like an awesome dream and had to share, and this page was open, so...

Anyway, I guess I can understand how he might lose some of his fan base if he takes a month long break, but I personally think that it's at least worth putting out there, maybe to poll on or something. I've always enjoyed comics that had specific dates for updates, that way I didn't get disappointed every day when I checked, and this is just a good way to get back on track if your behind.

In any case I know of a few comics that I check only once a month at the beginning of the month due to how long they take to update. One of them even has a slightly annoying, slightly awesome style where they update entire chapters at a time, not single pages at a time, so it'd a whole lot of nothing a while, then a burst of a bunch of new stuff.

Not telling anyone what to do or how to run their own house, just putting in my two cents.
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty". JFK Quote

Conal
Master

#43 Post by Conal »

That sounds pretty good. But considering that there is now 559 pages it doesn't really cover a large amount of pages in comparison. Are you going to release one big book called "Twokinds" with all the pages once this comic is complete?

BansheeHowl
New Citizen

#44 Post by BansheeHowl »

Haviland wrote:I ordered Book One on December 18th, and it was delivered yesterday - to Germany, so there was definitely something wrong with your order. Just contact them and TALK to them 8) . Most problems could be solved if people tried to talk to each other...

oh, and by the way: I'm really looking forward to Book Two. This will be a MUST HAVE in my book shelf :mrgreen: .
I live in the Netherlands, so I suppose it will take 3 weeks for me too then... ordered book one yesterday, so I have to wait a few weeks anyway :\

Am I too late for preordering book two? That would be really too bad :(
All because of you, I believe in angels
Not the kind with wings, no not the kind with haloes
The kind that bring you home, when home becomes a strange place
I'll follow your voice, all you have to do is shout it out...
http://bansheehowl.deviantart.com/

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#45 Post by Fireball0236 »

BansheeHowl wrote:Am I too late for preordering book two? That would be really too bad :(
1. Check the date of the last post in this topic, before you reply:
Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:45 am
This topic was dead for over half a year...

Though to answer your question, no you're not to late; nobody has been able to pre-order as the book is nowhere near completed yet.

~ Fireball0236