What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Locke357
Grand Templar

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#6391 Post by Locke357 »

Bane Dragon wrote:Hmm...what made me smile today. =3 *Checks today's birthday list* <---This!
Happy B-day! ^_^
Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.
One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.
As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.
With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:
1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it?
If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I go out with you", and take into account the fact that I went out with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.
The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct . . . leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A."
OMG EPIC WIN

Ignis_Solus
Grand Templar

#6392 Post by Ignis_Solus »

Locke357 wrote:
Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.
One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.
As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.
With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:
1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it?
If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I go out with you", and take into account the fact that I went out with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.
The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct . . . leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A."
OMG EPIC WIN
Agreed, best win ever ^^
ImageImage

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster
Location: On top of a jelly cloud away from the evil monkey zombie ninjas who wield flaming fire swords.

#6393 Post by ConkerBirdy »

The current MSN group convi im currently in with a few guys from the TK forums.

Corezy
Council Member
Location: Don't look for me and you'll never ask this question.

#6394 Post by Corezy »

I just found out how sound proof my room is and am amazed.
-I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.-

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#6395 Post by Verilidaine »

rmb, that's such a good movie. :grin: I really, really need to own it, hopefully soon in the future.

Also, Kye, the Picard Song is amazing. When I first found it, I probably replayed it at least a couple dozen times a day for a while. I was a little obsessed. :roll:

My dad remembered to turn the heat back on when he left for work this morning! *celebrates* Usually it's off all night and since usually no one is in the house all day, it's programmed to turn on at about 5. So by the time I wake up it's around 60 degrees in the house. But it's very cozy now. ^^

epion04
Templar GrandMaster

#6396 Post by epion04 »

I just got back from a nice repair job, mice ate the power cord on a friends fridge so I had to go rewire it for them. They insisted on paying me somehow but being money is tight for them at the moment they paid me in an amazingly awesome way. They let me take their motorcycle out for a joy ride ( being I have never been on a bike before this was awesome )

Cruised around town on an '04 Honda Shadow 750 for a while and I am sold, I so want a bike now :grin:
My avatar is the result of arting for the first time in 8 years... not bad I believe ^_^
clock.exe has preformed an illegal error, time has stopped. Please restart the universe.
I FAILED KINDERGARTEN SPELLING!!!>_<

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#6397 Post by Holy_458 »

Kye, V, you are both very welcome that I found that. :grin:
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

Silver Seren
Templar Inner Circle

#6398 Post by Silver Seren »

The Pandora Radio app on the iPhone is amazing.

Valbrandur
Grand Templar

#6399 Post by Valbrandur »

Babieskau

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_uavk2SZW0

He shows loyalty to his viewers.

Ignis_Solus
Grand Templar

#6400 Post by Ignis_Solus »

Doren wrote:Babieskau
Lol, if he made animation bit better it would be even more ace.

Also, Tom causing multiple cave ins on my 2Kinds forum dwarf fort, then raging about it.
and yeah, super nearly got eaten by a carp.
ImageImage

Valbrandur
Grand Templar

#6401 Post by Valbrandur »

Ignis_Solus wrote:super nearly got eaten by a carp.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#6402 Post by Lief »

Valbrandur
Grand Templar

#6403 Post by Valbrandur »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5AtUZ2EGgk

Warning, do not watch if you have arachnophobia.

ignotus vir
Citizen

#6404 Post by ignotus vir »

It's like an atomic [censored] slap.
The road to wisdom? -- Well, it's plain
and simple to express:
Err
and err
and err again
but less
and less
and less.

-Piet Hein

WindDragon
Templar Inner Circle

#6405 Post by WindDragon »

Spent half an hour talking to my cousin in Georgia that I haven't seen in probably 4 years. A lot more interesting to talk to him now then it was back when we were younger. No real reason he talked to me, just nice to see he's alive.