Roflcakes :D
ImageImage

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#6362 Post by Sebbie »

Schrodinger wrote:Image
That's fairly awesome :grin:
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#6363 Post by KyeRaor »

This made me lol in the library. People shot me looks. Awesomeness

Wolven Carnus
Templar

#6364 Post by Wolven Carnus »

Damn it, Schrodinger, you beat me to it.
ImageImage
The Game.
Gotcha.

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#6365 Post by Holy_458 »

Doren wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8hWPFigaqk

Awesome remix by Mr. Voletron yet again.
Haha, that is some AWESOME stuff. :grin:
PlanB wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XinVIq8V ... re=popular

I find Optimus Prime's voice so soothing. Like Morgan Freeman.
Oh my god....a transformer game that may actually not suck? That's unheard of!
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

Zack
Templar Master

#6366 Post by Zack »

Holy_458 wrote:
PlanB wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XinVIq8V ... re=popular

I find Optimus Prime's voice so soothing. Like Morgan Freeman.
Oh my god....a transformer game that may actually not suck? That's unheard of!
And they've been put but to almost G1 style, I'm extremely happy now :D
I started a Wargaming Blog, come and have a look: The Fourth Sphere

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#6367 Post by Sebbie »

For years, I've been searching for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. I've tried tons - from those I'd find in assorted cookbooks to those written on the backs of flour bags - and none of them were good. They'd be too chewy, or too buttery, or too dense, or just look gross. Today, I decided to try the recipe in the Williams-Sonoma cookbook my friend got me for Christmas, since Williams-Sonoma recipes tend to be very good. I can confidently say that these are the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. They're wonderful - beautiful golden brown, nice and crispy on the outside but just ever-so-slightly chewy in the center, with a subtle and not overpowering sweetness, and just enough butter to make them mouth-wateringly delicious without being greasy or terribly unhealthy. I'm SO happy right now.

And now, off to make another batch! With milk chocolate chips this time :grin:
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#6368 Post by Holy_458 »

Sebbie wrote:For years, I've been searching for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. I've tried tons - from those I'd find in assorted cookbooks to those written on the backs of flour bags - and none of them were good. They'd be too chewy, or too buttery, or too dense, or just look gross. Today, I decided to try the recipe in the Williams-Sonoma cookbook my friend got me for Christmas, since Williams-Sonoma recipes tend to be very good. I can confidently say that these are the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. They're wonderful - beautiful golden brown, nice and crispy on the outside but just ever-so-slightly chewy in the center, with a subtle and not overpowering sweetness, and just enough butter to make them mouth-wateringly delicious without being greasy or terribly unhealthy. I'm SO happy right now.

....I want that recipe.....now.....

That is, if it's not too much trouble.
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?

epion04
Templar GrandMaster

#6369 Post by epion04 »

Sebbie wrote:For years, I've been searching for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. I've tried tons - from those I'd find in assorted cookbooks to those written on the backs of flour bags - and none of them were good. They'd be too chewy, or too buttery, or too dense, or just look gross. Today, I decided to try the recipe in the Williams-Sonoma cookbook my friend got me for Christmas, since Williams-Sonoma recipes tend to be very good. I can confidently say that these are the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. They're wonderful - beautiful golden brown, nice and crispy on the outside but just ever-so-slightly chewy in the center, with a subtle and not overpowering sweetness, and just enough butter to make them mouth-wateringly delicious without being greasy or terribly unhealthy. I'm SO happy right now.

Wow, quite the cookie aficionado arn't we?
Holy_458 wrote:
....I want that recipe.....now.....

Seconded, those sound godly.

Edit

Just dug my old flatbed scanner out of the closet and found $41 it. Love when things like that happen. :grin:
My avatar is the result of arting for the first time in 8 years... not bad I believe ^_^
clock.exe has preformed an illegal error, time has stopped. Please restart the universe.
I FAILED KINDERGARTEN SPELLING!!!>_<

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#6370 Post by Sebbie »

Holy_458 wrote:....I want that recipe.....now.....

No problemo!
Williams-Sonoma Chocolate Chip Cookies AKA BEST COOKIES EVER wrote: Ingredients:
  • 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional) [I didn't use them this time around because I didn't have any on hand]
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper and set aside [I hardly ever bother to sift stuff; they came out fine without sifting].

In a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed, beat butter until fluffy and pale yellow. Add granulated and brown sugar, and continue beating until combined. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat on low speed until blended, scraping sides of bowl as needed.

Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed or stir with a wooden spoon just until blended. Add chocolate chips and nuts, if desired, stirring just until blended.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 12 minutes. Let cool briefly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

And there you have it! The best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've come across to date.

Ignis_Solus
Grand Templar

#6371 Post by Ignis_Solus »

Sebbie wrote:

No problemo!
Williams-Sonoma Chocolate Chip Cookies AKA BEST COOKIES EVER wrote: Ingredients:
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional) [I didn't use them this time around because I didn't have any on hand]
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper and set aside [I hardly ever bother to sift stuff; they came out fine without sifting].

In a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed, beat butter until fluffy and pale yellow. Add granulated and brown sugar, and continue beating until combined. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat on low speed until blended, scraping sides of bowl as needed.

Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed or stir with a wooden spoon just until blended. Add chocolate chips and nuts, if desired, stirring just until blended.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 12 minutes. Let cool briefly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

And there you have it! The best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've come across to date.

*Run's off to kitchen*

I'm making the cake!
Wait a minute...
Where are my walnuts!

When i get back from the shops tomorrow (its 9:24 now) i'm going to make these.
ImageImage

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#6372 Post by Holy_458 »

Sebbie wrote:

No problemo!
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 large egg
Instructions:

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!

*runs off to kitchen*

Pics if I can get them right!

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#6373 Post by coal »

YAY!
Good job Sebbie! I should try it sometime! :mrgreen:

I went to bed at 3 30 am last night, and woke up at six... but today I feel really, good! :grin:
Better than I have been in a while!

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#6374 Post by Sebbie »

coal wrote:I went to bed at 3 30 am last night, and woke up at six... but today I feel really, good! :grin:
I actually do that before any important wake-up (like finals) because I find that I feel more refreshed and it's easier to get up if I get only four or five hours of sleep instead of the full eight. I hypothesized that it's because when you sleep that little it's more like a long nap than an extended sleep, so you don't go into a deep sleep, and when you wake up you're only waking up out of a shallow sleep. I have no idea if that's actually right or not though.

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#6375 Post by Holy_458 »

Sebbie wrote:
coal wrote:I went to bed at 3 30 am last night, and woke up at six... but today I feel really, good! :grin:
I actually do that before any important wake-up (like finals) because I find that I feel more refreshed and it's easier to get up if I get only four or five hours of sleep instead of the full eight. I hypothesized that it's because when you sleep that little it's more like a long nap than an extended sleep, so you don't go into a deep sleep, and when you wake up you're only waking up out of a shallow sleep. I have no idea if that's actually right or not though.
Fact: Eight hours of sleep is actually a very unhealthy number of hours for a person to be at rest.
The real amount of hours a human being should spend asleep is usually more around five to six hours of sleep, and should always be around a usual schedule (always going to bed at a set time). Sleeping for a total of eight hours usually means that you are out of shape, over exerting yourself, under exerting yourself, not keeping a usual schedule, or you're unwell.

Don't always believe everything the tv commercials for beds tell you. :grin: