What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#5266 Post by coal »

Holy_458 wrote:I just read an article in Gameinformer about "Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep"

That's two amazingly awesome things in one.
"A new Kingdom Hearts game is coming out!! And its not a prequel!!"
"Holy [censored], I still get Gmameinformer?!?"
A NEW KINGDOM HEARTS GAME! :shock:

That made my day. :grin:

Schnopps
Templar GrandMaster

#5267 Post by Schnopps »

Holy_458 wrote:I just read an article in Gameinformer about "Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep"

"Holy [censored], I still get Gameinformer?!?"
Thought Birth by Sleep was a prequel considering it takes place 10 years before the main storyline established in the first two games? Sora and Riku are only children when this game takes place and everyone is confused by the character WHO LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE ROXAS but apparently isn't. All I know is that one of the characters you play as is the uber hard kill you in one hit secret boss that only Japanese gamers got to play against in Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix. Lucky [censored] even got to play against all of the Organization XIII members in that game too as an added bonus. Plenty of Famitsu scans floating around about the game, comes out really soon in Japan.
Cessna Skyhawk wrote:I was in an MSN convo with a bunch of friends, including someone I never talk to outside a group chat. Slowly people started leaving the chat, and it came down to just us two. We both have pictures of our golden retrievers as our display pictures, and after 5 minutes of silence, she says "My dog is cuter than your dog. >:c"

IT'S ON!
Oh... Them's fightin' words!

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#5268 Post by Holy_458 »

Schnopps wrote:

"Holy [censored], I still get Gameinformer?!?"
Thought Birth by Sleep was a prequel considering it takes place 10 years before the main storyline established in the first two games? Sora and Riku are only children when this game takes place and everyone is confused by the character WHO LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE ROXAS but apparently isn't. All I know is that one of the characters you play as is the uber hard kill you in one hit secret boss that only Japanese gamers got to play against in Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix. Lucky [censored] even got to play against all of the Organization XIII members in that game too as an added bonus. Plenty of Famitsu scans floating around about the game, comes out really soon in Japan.
"Birth by sleep refers directly to the title of the secret movie at the end of Kingdom Heatrs 2 that shows three armored keyblade wielders wandering through a desert plain surrounded by thousands of keyblades stabbed into the ground. The Japanies-only version, Final Mix, shows the three battling a powerful man and his apprentice. We now know that these avents took place around a decade before the first Kingdom Hearts, and that birth by sleep is a direct follow up to KH 2 featuring new worlds, characters, and combat options."

That's what I meant.
And the Japanese release is in January. :grin:

[Ninja edit:] OH YEAH! And the names of the people are: Aqua (looks like Kiari), Ventus (Sora/Roxas) and Terra.
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#5269 Post by coal »

KH -III
YA YA YA!

You know at first I thought that the video was a lie... BUT now I don't!
I got CoD: modern warfare 2!!!! :grin:

Schnopps
Templar GrandMaster

#5270 Post by Schnopps »

And if Square Enix can keep localizing their games with astounding alacrity than we might expect this but just a few months later! Though that might be asking a bit much considering I'm using FF XIII as an example of something with a really short delay between the Japanese release and Western release (For Square Enix anyway). In other news this my 333rd post. Love me some repeating numbers.

Edit for Point: Japanese release date of FF XIII: December 17th 2009
Western release (America, Europe, Australia) of FF XIII: March 9th 2010

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#5271 Post by Verilidaine »

supervanman64 wrote:Got the new WOW 2010 CD. X3

It has 30 of this year's Christian music on it.
What pwns the most is I know almost ALL of them. :kathrin:

I downloaded all of them to my laptop, since the CD is my mom's and I can't bring it with me. :3
Blast from the past...I used to get those every year. Wow.

Anyway. My sister's birthday is tomorrow but we went to dinner today, and the first dinner with both of my parents after they got divorced seemed to go really well. ^^

And I got new headphones at Best Buy with my gift card, Sony noise-reduction ones. The cheapest they had (I was practically drooling over the nicest Bose pair they had out on display, but...), but I'm really excited to see how they work on planes. I'm very scared of planes because the shifts in engine pitch freak me out because I don't know what they mean, so I have this theory that if I can't hear them... :grin:

[Yokel]
Grand Templar

#5272 Post by [Yokel] »

I don't know if I'm just remembering things that never happened, but I'm fairly sure they've done studies along that line, Veri.
Turns out it does work, in the majority of stress-cases.
Go vertical.

epion04
Templar GrandMaster

#5273 Post by epion04 »

Verilidaine wrote:
And I got new headphones at Best Buy with my gift card, Sony noise-reduction ones. The cheapest they had (I was practically drooling over the nicest Bose pair they had out on display, but...), but I'm really excited to see how they work on planes. I'm very scared of planes because the shifts in engine pitch freak me out because I don't know what they mean, so I have this theory that if I can't hear them... :grin:
Yeah, depending on the quality of the headphones they make the engine sound more like you are sitting near and air condidtioner. Quality of the headphones makes a lot of difference here though. I had an old pair of Phillips around-ear noise canceling headphones that were amazing and a couple of pairs of like a Phillips set of noise reduction earbuds and a pair of generics ( ISypmphony ) that were just plain pathetic.

On topic. Spent all yesterday working outside. Trimming trees, digging out and pulling stumps, digging trenches, building retaining walls, and pre-digging holes to plant somewhere around 50 new trees.

All that outdoor work all day, then came inside and set down by a nice warm fire :)
My avatar is the result of arting for the first time in 8 years... not bad I believe ^_^
clock.exe has preformed an illegal error, time has stopped. Please restart the universe.
I FAILED KINDERGARTEN SPELLING!!!>_<

Schnopps
Templar GrandMaster

#5274 Post by Schnopps »

Practically done with my psychology paper! Just have to write a conclusion and tidy it up a bit and I'll finally be done with this beastly thing. Only took me about three days longer than it should have thanks to being distracted by the forums, hanging out with my cousin and me being lazy in general.

SeriousSamuel
Templar GrandMaster

#5275 Post by SeriousSamuel »

This picture. (Linked becouse of size and language.) It amazes me how a single sentance can derail a thread so much.

Edit: Thanks for the heads up Cessna, I completely forgot about the language.
"It is neither good nor bad, but thinking makes it so."
William Shakespeare

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#5276 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

SeriousSamuel wrote:This picture. (Linked becouse of size and language.) It amazes me how a single sentance can derail a thread so much.
Old, but good.

I was waken up at 6:00 in the morning. Normally that'd go in the rant thread, but there's a silver lining. IHOP!
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

epion04
Templar GrandMaster

#5277 Post by epion04 »

We have a thunderstorm going on right now :mrgreen:
One thing that sucks about living in the desert, I LOVE thunderstorms but we get like 6 a year that last longer than 3 minutes :roll:

EDIT

It just started hailing....and my car is outside...
My avatar is the result of arting for the first time in 8 years... not bad I believe ^_^
clock.exe has preformed an illegal error, time has stopped. Please restart the universe.
I FAILED KINDERGARTEN SPELLING!!!>_<

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#5278 Post by Holy_458 »

I was the one to make the post about today's comic.

Aze almost beat me....almost.
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#5279 Post by AzeNaku »

Holy_458 wrote:I was the one to make the post about today's comic.

Aze almost beat me....almost.
If only I hadn't previewed my post... :redhair:

But, the page made my day! :karen:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

#5280 Post by supervanman64 »

Well, I'm back into the normal schedule now, I have no classes tomorrow (yessss), and my mom made pumpkin bread for me before I left.
Pretty good day for me it seems. X3