Fallout 3 - Krystal Mod

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Reichu
Citizen

Fallout 3 - Krystal Mod

#1 Post by Reichu »

One of my Japanese friends linked me to this yesterday. It is a fan-made Fallout 3 mod that gives you Krystal as a companion (she will follow you around, kill your enemies, and hold your belongings). The mod is pretty sophisticated and in addition to having a unique tail animation, Krystal will assume several unique poses. The creator recently began incorporating sound files for her and apparently plans to create a crossover Starfox-themed quest as well.

When I first saw this mod I thought it was a bit... too out there for me. I mean, Starfox in Fallout 3? But there are aliens in Fallout 3, so I guess it isn't too strange! The creator also went to the trouble of incorporating a crashed Arwing and backstory for Krystal. I really admire all of the work that they put into this, even if it doesn't entirely fit into my image of F3. Krystal has kind of grown on me, too! :kathrin:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6187

WARNING: Some of the pictures under images are NSFW and contain nudity.

Sleight of Word
Templar

Re: Fallout 3 - Krystal Mod

#2 Post by Sleight of Word »

well, thank you for posting, but I think the thread is a bit specific.
On top of that, it almost looks like you're cleverly advertising a site. So maybe this should just be a fallout 3 general mods thread.

That being said, I'm now unhappy I have the game for the xbox.
:(
Heavy Decibels are playing on my guitar,
we got vibrations coming up from the floor.
We're just listening to the Rock that's giving too much noise,
Are you deaf, you wanna hear some more?

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

Sleight of Word wrote:That being said, I'm now unhappy I have the game for the xbox.
At least you don't have to deal with the [censored] blue screen of death everytime you try to play. I finally gave up and uninstalled; I could not find a fix for the endless crashes.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Dante_715
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Dante_715 »

nice skin, a bit plastic-y but it just doesn't fit in the Fallout setting, the Fallout universe is like Mad Max with a 1950's spin to it.

epion04
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by epion04 »

Wow... they put a lot of *ahem* detail.. into that. I can respect the amount of work that would take and am impressed that they bothered providing a back story to make it fit into the games universe better than just "here's someone new" *pop*

I could see that detracting from the game as it was though. Good for adding re-playability.
My avatar is the result of arting for the first time in 8 years... not bad I believe ^_^
clock.exe has preformed an illegal error, time has stopped. Please restart the universe.
I FAILED KINDERGARTEN SPELLING!!!>_<

Tygron
Notakitty!

#6 Post by Tygron »

Sleight of Word wrote:That being said, I'm now unhappy I have the game for the xbox.
I don't even play the game that much but I feel the same way. I want Krystal XD
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#7 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

This.
Is.
Awesome.

Although I probably would have put her in some different armor. The Ranger Battle Armor looks a little awkward.
Her staff should be put in as a unique pool cue or something. =3

Reichu
Citizen

#8 Post by Reichu »

Sleight of Word wrote:well, thank you for posting, but I think the thread is a bit specific.
On top of that, it almost looks like you're cleverly advertising a site. So maybe this should just be a fallout 3 general mods thread.

That being said, I'm now unhappy I have the game for the xbox.
I looked for an existing Fallout 3 thread, but I couldn't find one. If there is one, I would understand if a Mod combined my post with that thread.

I am not "cleverly advertising a site" either. :keith: I linked to the mod's page on F3 Nexus. If someone linked to a program on SourceForge, would that be considered a "clever advertisement" for the SourceForge website? :eric: I assure you I'm not a spambot/advertiser -- I'm just a F3 fan.

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Chaosye »

I remember back when this Mod was first made!
Tons of angry comments and people raging that it was a furry mod, and he actually took it down for a while, as well as a Moogle race mod and one other that I can't remember.

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

#10 Post by supervanman64 »

Now that is awesome. :kathrin:

Krystal = win ALWAYS

Wolven Carnus
Templar

#11 Post by Wolven Carnus »

supervanman64 wrote:Now that is awesome. :kathrin:

Krystal = win ALWAYS
I second (third, fourth, whatever) this.
ImageImage
The Game.
Gotcha.

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#12 Post by Blazeofspikes »

That is a amazing mod! heck the only complain I have is the flat chest when she puts on armor. (tries and resist posting the flatted chested song but fails)

Reichu
Citizen

#13 Post by Reichu »

Chaosye wrote:I remember back when this Mod was first made!
Tons of angry comments and people raging that it was a furry mod, and he actually took it down for a while, as well as a Moogle race mod and one other that I can't remember.
Wow... I didn't know that the creator received so much criticism for this mod originally. :laura: That really is unfortunate, because apart from the theme being Starfox/Anthro, it is still a functional and very well put together mod. At least the new comments that it is receiving are mostly positive. :kathrin:

I don't understand why people get so angry over fan-created content like this. I don't think that Krystal or Starfox "fit" with the Fallout universe either, but this mod is obviously just for fun, so it shouldn't be taken too seriously! Personally, I enjoy seeing fan-created crossover content, and have an alternate save/character that I use just for Krystal, Kamen Rider, and Hokuto no Ken mods. *L* After playing all of the DLC for Fallout 3 and doing all of the Achievements on both my X360 and PC versions of the game, anything that continues to keep me interested is something that I enjoy. Whether or not it happens to fit with the universe or canon doesn't really matter to me as a Fallout 3 fan, since it isn't official content anyways. :flora:

Tygron
Notakitty!

#14 Post by Tygron »

Reichu wrote:Whether or not it happens to fit with the universe or canon doesn't really matter to me as a Fallout 3 fan, since it isn't official content anyways. :flora:
I agree with this, and it's also why rule 34 doesn't bug me usually aswell.

Meh this is probably one thing that could possibly hold my interest in F3. I have the 360 version but I never want to play it... it's just boring. However I might find a way to get the pc version and this mod... might actually keep me playing as I like the game but I just can't stay interested.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

Dante_715
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by Dante_715 »

Reichu wrote: I don't understand why people get so angry over fan-created content like this.:
go on Devart for a while and you understand

I've seen a Flapjack fanart of the three main cast as furries, even Bubbie (still in whale shape) that's just stupid

Oh and Warhammer 40k furries