Book One - Corrections & Suggestions

If you want to influence the new book, make your suggestions here.

Moderator: Moderators

philpem

Re: Book One - Corrections & Suggestions

#31 Post by philpem »

Not sure which one of these is the typo, but here we go anyway...

Chapter 2, page 7, panel 2. "This is a Subleseed Crystal..."
Chapter 2, page 14, panel 5. "I knew that Subtleseed Crystals..."

Either there's a "t" missing from "Subtleseed" in C2P7/2 or an extra "t" in C2P14/5. Strips #029 and #037 (in the online archives) both spell it as "Subtleseed crystal", so I suspect C2P14/5 is the correct one.

If I'm nitpicking then "Crystal" (in both cases) probably shouldn't have an initial capital -- "Subtleseed" being the proper noun (i.e. the name of a particular 'thing'), "crystal" being a common noun (i.e. a type of thing).

*** philpem stops nitpicking and goes back to reading the book :grin:

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#32 Post by Fireball0236 »

Thank you. Added it to the first post. I believe it should be "Subtleseed", at least it's spelled like that in the online pages.

philpem

#33 Post by philpem »

Fireball0236 wrote:Thank you. Added it to the first post. I believe it should be "Subtleseed", at least it's spelled like that in the online pages.
Hm, by "Strips #029 and #037" I meant "Strips #029 and #037 in the online archive" -- just edited my original post to make it a little more clear.

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#34 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

philpem wrote:If I'm nitpicking then "Crystal" (in both cases) probably shouldn't have an initial capital -- "Subtleseed" being the proper noun (i.e. the name of a particular 'thing'), "crystal" being a common noun (i.e. a type of thing).
What if "Crystal" is part of the proper noun? :wink:

I know I'm going to screw up the explanation, but common nouns can be capitalized if they're grouped together with a name to form a proper noun. An example of this would be the Sears Tower. "Tower" is normally an uncapitalized common noun, but since we're talking about the particular tower, the Sears Tower, we would capitalize it.

EDIT -- I'm assuming the grouping of "Subtleseed" and "Crystal" is refering to a specificly named object. Whether or not Tom decides to capitalize "Crystal" is up to him, as either way is grammatically correct, depending on what he's trying to convey. However, since the Crystal doesn't look like an actual crystal (instead looking more like a pendant), it's my personal vote that he uses it as a name.

Furrypaws
Traveler

#35 Post by Furrypaws »

umm... am I missing something, or the book has 2 "three chapters"?
oh wait, the second chapter title is missing. well, then there is a typo, and the title page with sitting Flora and Trace behind her should have been entitled "chapter second" instead of "chapter three".
making the laws is the same as breaking them

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#36 Post by Fireball0236 »

Fireball0236 wrote:
  • The wrong Chapter page was printed, after Chapter One comes Chapter Three, on second look, it just seems that the page for "Chapter Two" mistakenly says "Three", the actual "Chapter Three" is fine. (Offtopic, I just noticed Tom changed the order of his pages online; no clue how recent, maybe around his archive update; my own archive is incorrect now O o).
Sorry, but that's the second thing I noticed and posted :P .

Furrypaws
Traveler

#37 Post by Furrypaws »

Oh. I'm teh epic slowpoke, lol.
making the laws is the same as breaking them

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#38 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Not sure if Tom really wants to go back and do this, but there are some Inconsistencies throughout... (not sure if noted yet or not)

The Amulet tends to randomly appear and disappear. But it would be difficult to go back and fix all of them.

Flora later gains the ability to read her wanted Poster, it seems. It is earlier stated that she can't read.

In the Port town, Flora suddenly reappears without clothes, wearing ribbons and a bead necklace. The bead necklace later disappears without warning, or explanation.

On a side note, Flora was wearing clothing when on the Wild Caravan through human Lands, with other (naked) Keidran. This has been made fully part of the plot, but isn't actually given a reason.

Also, is it Raine, or her mother, or both, who get cursed? Their appearances are spread throughout the comic and I can't assemble a proper background on either of them. Also, they don't appear on the Characters page.

Sigvart Brendberg
Traveler

#39 Post by Sigvart Brendberg »

It seems like the "afterwords" -> "afterwards" on page 35 is still not fixed.