Demus
Templar

#46 Post by Demus »

epion04 wrote:
Twayblade17 wrote:
Demus wrote:Final Fantasy VII Ultima Edition
PC
RPG

All Morrowind expansions, Crysis (again) and now Crisis Core - all in less than two days each - played during the past two weeks. Either I need a life, or games are getting very friggin' short nowadays...
games are getting short, I heard that new starwars game only takes like 20 hours T-T
With the exception of a few major games, many are now being produced to fit the "typical" short attention span of todays youth. Or at least I would imagine so.
Meh. I could go on something for at least couple weeks, given the story is interesting enough...

FFVII seems to be a bit longer again, although it's pretty old, so your theory holds for now.
The shapeshifting cliché!

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#47 Post by Talaisan »

FF7 is LONG. Especially if you do everything. SO:TtEoT is LONG, if you do everything. And tedious, if you have to do it all again because you screwed up the endings. *grumble*
Tri-Ace and Square make long games. Really good long games. Fable was too short. And repetitive. Right now... Master of Orion II, Final Fantasy II, Pokemon Emerald, a couple text based MUCKs *cough*. Amtgard, but you all knew that.
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#48 Post by Ryusen »

I'm hoping they decide add more features into Fable 2. The first was undoubtedly a great game, but it just wasn't long enough. If they can manage to stretch it into a 40+ hour game, I'd be sold.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

jdog16
New Citizen

#49 Post by jdog16 »

Currently, I'm just getting into X-Com UFO Defense again via Steam.

DEAR GOD I FORGOT HOW HARD THIS GAME IS.

It is, however, amazingly atmospheric for an isometric turn based strategy game with graphics fit for a sprite comic.

Oh, but when Fallout 3 comes out...

Kinuki
Banned
Banned

#50 Post by Kinuki »

Supposedly, it's a much longer game, but I'm holding my hopes in check until I get my hands on it. I'll be looking forward to when they patch online co-op in.

Meanwhile, I hate the game publishers. There's way too many games coming out within a three week span starting in mid-October.
Finally, the evil plan revealed!

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." - Stephen Colbert

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#51 Post by avwolf »

jdog16 wrote:Currently, I'm just getting into X-Com UFO Defense again via Steam.

It is, however, amazingly atmospheric for an isometric turn based strategy game with graphics fit for a sprite comic.
God, it's on Steam now? I already own two copies but I've got a rough time getting them to work on modern computers. I'm willing to buy a third... :D

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#52 Post by Chaosye »

Demus wrote:
epion04 wrote:
Twayblade17 wrote:
Demus wrote:Final Fantasy VII Ultima Edition
PC
RPG

All Morrowind expansions, Crysis (again) and now Crisis Core - all in less than two days each - played during the past two weeks. Either I need a life, or games are getting very friggin' short nowadays...
games are getting short, I heard that new starwars game only takes like 20 hours T-T
With the exception of a few major games, many are now being produced to fit the "typical" short attention span of todays youth. Or at least I would imagine so.
Meh. I could go on something for at least couple weeks, given the story is interesting enough...

FFVII seems to be a bit longer again, although it's pretty old, so your theory holds for now.
Lol you guys should play Disgaeia
Takes 1 year to complete
MININUM

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#53 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Nethack. One year is a speed run for newbs. Mostly because you die. Alot.

http://www.thefump.com/fump.php?id=93

In July 2007, the game of NetHack celebrates 20 years of continuous open-source development. This song is dedicated to everyone who helped bring me ten thousand fun ways to die.

Skippy sank in lava, Corwin turned to slime,
They could both see what was coming but they couldn't pray in time.
Pinky fought a soldier ant that crawled out of his backpack
They were all in love with dyin', they were doing it in NetHack.
Bertha swung Mjollnir like a Valkyrie in the rain
Then she lost her mind in Sokoban; a flayer ate her brain.
They were all in love with dyin', usin' every keyboard function,
As they tried to find the Amulet, somewhere in the dungeon.

and that's the first verse. It goes on.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

jdog16
New Citizen

#54 Post by jdog16 »

avwolf wrote:
jdog16 wrote:Currently, I'm just getting into X-Com UFO Defense again via Steam.

God, it's on Steam now? I already own two copies but I've got a rough time getting them to work on modern computers. I'm willing to buy a third... :D
Indeed. Works perfectly on Vista even.

Although Terror from the Deep doesn't seem to work for some reason. Apparantly there's some issue with the game that makes it impossible to play right now, and 2K is apparantly working on it. :?

(Bear in mind that I bought the X-Com complete pack on Steam)

Natheren
New Citizen

#55 Post by Natheren »

Atm I'm finishing up FFIV for the DS and realising how much I've forgotten since I played it on the ps1. I'm pretty much just waiting on Luminous Arc 2 and Dissidia to come out in the us. I've been meaning to get a copy of RPG maker XP but with there beening a newer version out in Japan, I'm not sure if I should or wait and hope the new one releases here.
Check out my DA page http://natheren.deviantart.com

Demus
Templar

#56 Post by Demus »

Devil May Cry 4
PC
? (not sure)

I thought DMC series was supposed to be hard...
In DMC3 you get to beat all the bosses only two times - now it's three times per playthrough :grin:
The shapeshifting cliché!

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#57 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Halo 3
FPS

I am getting alot of noscopes
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#58 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Dawn Of War.

Pirated it few days ago, and enjoying it. Haven't got a favorite race, really. I'm on mission 3 in the campagin....Librarian Isaldor, do not be tempted by chaos!
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Check Source
Templar GrandMaster

#59 Post by Check Source »

MGS4
I am probably the only person who is against Flora having a child.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#60 Post by FastChapter »

World of Warcraft XD