Desire For Orders: Submission to Authority

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

Desire For Orders: Submission to Authority

#1 Post by avwolf »

Well, at long last, the first part of my slashfic lies complete. So I suppose it's only appropriate I create a place here for its discussion, if folks are so inclined.

I'd like to thank my crack team of editors, kryss, Sapphwolf, and Verilidaine, for all their help with the fic. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys. Also, although he didn't conspire with me on this, I'd like to thank Tom for all the delays in the comic. I lived in constant terror of updates, that the story might declare Alaric a villain in such a manner as that people would despise him. And of course, many, many additional thanks to Tom for creating TwoKinds, and, though it might be preemptive, thanks also for tolerating this terrible, terrible contribution to the fandom.

As a forewarning, it contains copious quantities of mature content (hey, it's a slashfic, after all). I'd even go so far as to refer to it as explicit. So do keep that in mind -- it's not safe for work, or for children, and probably not for anybody else for that matter. That said, if you're curious, you can view it as a pdf (good textual formatting, kinda hard on the images) or a web site (the images look better, but, of course, there's scarcely any useful formatting). I now get to make some hard decisions about what's in my signature, since those 255 characters aren't enough for all these long links... I need a shorter domain name. :P

Now, hopefully I'll get a chance to read some of the work in this thread, which I've been avoiding, as I'd then disappear for hours and hours and probably not make it to work the next day. For those who I've long been meaning to read and haven't managed yet, I apologize. This thing took up a lot of free time that wasn't otherwise flushed down the Internet or gaming holes.

Finally, I dedicate this fanfic to all of you out there, the 'shippers and the slash-fans, the authors and the artists, and those crazy jokesters that keep us all laughing. My friends, this is for you. Please don't burn me at the stake for this thing.

-- Part Two: Submission to Authority --
The first chapter of the second part of Desire For Orders is available now! HTML and PDF versions available. These are not the "final" version of the fiction, and small changes might yet be made before the second part is completed. Asides will be added in later (I know what this one is going to be, I just have been having trouble getting the characters drawn right).

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#2 Post by Verilidaine »

Left-handed guitar! Like Paul McCartney!! *glee!*

*grins* And, oh yes, very much glee at the unwrapping scene.

Check Source
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by Check Source »

Wow that was LOOONG. Image Great, even though I was laughing, and cringing most of the time.
avwolf wrote:thanks also for tolerating this terrible, terrible contribution to the fandom.
Indeed Image
I am probably the only person who is against Flora having a child.

TheSpiffman
Grand Templar

#4 Post by TheSpiffman »

Well, it look like we have some erotica floating around the boards. And homosexual erotica too, wonders never cease (well, there was that one scene)

I liked it. It was funny, well constructed, and quite tongue in cheeck. A fun little trip through the Id. Though I think Avwolf now might be drawing a unsavory crowd of deviants. But then again, I think he always had.

Also, I think Sable is going to have a heart attack when she/he hears this news.

---Forgot to add this the first time around----

Alaric is a stone cold pimp.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by avwolf »

Verilidaine wrote:Left-handed guitar! Like Paul McCartney!! *glee!*

*grins* And, oh yes, very much glee at the unwrapping scene.
I'm glad you approve. :D For full disclosure, my editing team didn't ever see the completed asides (though Sapphwolf did see all of them in their sketch and ink stages), and this release features a few (mostly minor) changes that they didn't get to check over, due to my impatience to get it done.
Check Source wrote:Wow that was LOOONG.
Yeah...I'm kind of sorry about that. I mean, it's really long. But I'm really bad at short stories. I just have to keep adding detail, and then more detail, and pretty soon I've written in a highly implausible form of nut tree. :D
The Spiffman wrote:Though I think Avwolf now might be drawing a unsavory crowd of deviants. But then again, I think he always had.
Yeah...Yeah, that's probably true.
TheSpiffman wrote:Alaric is a stone cold pimp.
Quite. Also, he's impossible to write dialogue for. He changes between absolutely flippant and dead serious like an epileptic operating a light switch.

Thanks for your words, everyone.

Ana
Master

#6 Post by Ana »

...wow. For a man who isn't gay, you sure, ah...you sure...um...

Let's just say you've got a way with words, Av ^^' Just as I had expected, you're a very good writer. Though I won't deny I was hoping for something more Natani/Keith oriented, the story well worth the read regardless. You were able to capture the characters' emotions and the descriptive details of their interactions and environment with almost visible lucidity, which is tough to do without the aid of visual elements (perhaps Sapphwolf would be willing to illustrate your fic :P).

Speaking of illustrations, I think you should start an art thread on the Drawing Board. Your little comics are cute ^_^
An anthro webcomic where cats and dogs actually DO get along. Quite well, actually...:P

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by avwolf »

Ana wrote:Though I won't deny I was hoping for something more Natani/Keith oriented, the story well worth the read regardless. You were able to capture the characters' emotions and the descriptive details of their interactions and environment with almost visible lucidity, which is tough to do without the aid of visual elements (perhaps Sapphwolf would be willing to illustrate your fic :P).
Oh, he threatened to. Also, as for Natani/Keith, I have two more parts to the "story" planned, and Natani will be taking a much more central role in them. Bugger all if I know how I'm going to write it, but that's the plan. This one is all about breaking Keith down and making him willing, it's only started on Natani. The next one is about shattering her defenses, and in the third they will really get their romance. Also, I think I'm going to have Natani kill three Basitins with a knife and her bare hands, in Keith's defense.
Ana wrote:Speaking of illustrations, I think you should start an art thread on the Drawing Board. Your little comics are cute ^_^
In good time. ;) Actually, that was the plan -- release the fanfic, wait roughly twenty-four hours, and put the images up in an Art thread. They'll be up tonight.

TheSpiffman
Grand Templar

#8 Post by TheSpiffman »

avwolf wrote: Also, I think I'm going to have Natani kill three Basitins with a knife and her bare hands, in Keith's defense.
Sweet.

Ozy
Citizen

#9 Post by Ozy »

I read it and thought it was great. I've never really been one for text lemon scenes. Although I do have to say there was a lot of "detail", which usually I tend to skip over. I'm also usually picky when it comes to stories, but this one held my attention easily.

Great story, can't wait for the next piece.
My hair is a bird,
your argument is invalid.

GD
Grand Templar

#10 Post by GD »

I don't know exactly get why you bash your own text so much in the preface, but I enjoyed it very much and am looking forward to the next parts, if they ever make it onto paper.

And let Sapph illustrate it, you grinch :P

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Verilidaine »

GD wrote:And let Sapph illustrate it, you grinch :P
Yes, please :D

TheSpiffman
Grand Templar

#12 Post by TheSpiffman »

This is typically the part of the conversation where I call you all perverts.

But considering that this is a erotic story, I don't think I have the right. And besides, Saph draws pretty colors.

Ozy
Citizen

#13 Post by Ozy »

TheSpiffman wrote:This is typically the part of the conversation where I call you all perverts.

But considering that this is a erotic story, I don't think I have the right. And besides, Saph draws pretty colors.
Hey... I normally skip over the lemon stuff...sometimes...
My hair is a bird,
your argument is invalid.

GD
Grand Templar

#14 Post by GD »

TheSpiffman wrote:This is typically the part of the conversation where I call you all perverts.
Perverts? On the TwoKinds forum?! Don't be silly!

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by avwolf »

Alright, let's pose the question here:
Do I forget about the graphical asides and try very hard to keep myself from making texual ones, or do I leave them in and some how tone them down so they're not so distracting? Or were they just "wicked cool" and I'll have my life threatened if they're removed?

I will admit that they alone added months to the time to completion...