Re: Avatars / Signatures!

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

Some_Young_Punk
Templar

#151 Post by Some_Young_Punk »

Ok, I went to change my avitar, and the "browse your own pics" option is gone. What happened?
Square is beautiful
...._____
__/_|___\___
\_(o)_____(o)l

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#152 Post by FastChapter »

Huh, that's odd. No clue.

In the meantime, you can sign up for a free account at Photobucket and upload your image there. Just paste its URL as an off-site link instead and it'll work fine.

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#153 Post by RobbieThe1st »

Ekevoo wrote:
FastChapter wrote:The forum can recognize too-large avatars as they're submitted, but signatures it can't. You could put a full-size copy of the Mona Lisa in there if you want. The forum code won't stop it from displaying.
I used to be the admin of a phpbb3 forum called FurryBrasil; and in order to diminish that problem I came up with a little CSS trick to hide anything in the signature that exceeded a particular pixel limit; text or image. Feel free to copy if you like (public domain), but don't forget to also apply the style in the signature preview page. We did not apply the fix to the user profile page in order to detect offenders that would intentionally hide big image downloads after the pixel crop.
I came up with a trick like this for another forum; I am wondering if you did the same thing:
I used a <div> to hold the signature content, then simply used CSS to specify max-width and max-height properties, also used "overflow: hidden" to disable the scrollbars and crop everything outside the limited visible box.

Is this what you did, or is there another method? If its the latter, please let me know. I always want to know something new! :P

-------
Hm, while I was thinking, I came up with this - Another option would be to add limits on individual images; use something like:

Code: Select all

span.postbody img { max-height: 200px; max-width: 800px; }
This would work for these forums, I believe.

edit: Ah, ****. Just realized that the last post was two weeks ago.

WhiteTiger

#154 Post by WhiteTiger »

I like to work on thing that my firend make like art so i color it and make a back round :trace: :flora: :keith: :natani: :kathrin: :laura: :evals: :mike: :karen: :maren: :redhair: :nora: :potatoes:
My life is boring u can say it suck but my friend r there to make it not so boring friends r there to help u out and u r there to help them out if they need it. It all about friends in my life and reanding comic book too.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#155 Post by FastChapter »

WhiteTiger wrote:I like to work on thing that my firend make like art so i color it and make a back round :trace: :flora: :keith: :natani: :kathrin: :laura: :evals: :mike: :karen: :maren: :redhair: :nora: :potatoes:
:) Welcome to the TwoKinds Forum, White. If you have a moment, feel free to cobble together an introduction in our Newbie Thread (not mandatory!) and give the forum rules a good read. You kind of necroposted here, the last post being a month and some change ago, but don't worry about it. :P I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread since it's been obsolete for... quite a while, XD