Keidran Self

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

ActiveRadarIsCasul
New Citizen

Re: Keidran Self

#16 Post by ActiveRadarIsCasul »

A zweihander is a type of two-handed longsword developed in Germany. The type is known for its long blade, wide guard, and parrying hooks just past the sharpened part of the blade meant for parrying and disarming opponents. I'd include a picture but I believe picture links are either disallowed or broken soooo
I'd really appreciate it if all you dagger and short-sword users could just not turn the battlefield into a pokefest whenever someone shows up with an ultra-greatsword i.e. me

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#17 Post by Hulk10 »

ActiveRadarIsCasul wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:38 pm A zweihander is a type of two-handed longsword developed in Germany. The type is known for its long blade, wide guard, and parrying hooks just past the sharpened part of the blade meant for parrying and disarming opponents. I'd include a picture but I believe picture links are either disallowed or broken soooo
You mean this sword? Image I personally would use a broad or longsword or maybe a shortsword. But then again with claws why need a sword?
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

ActiveRadarIsCasul
New Citizen

#18 Post by ActiveRadarIsCasul »

I mean broadswords and shortswords are great and all, but zweihanders have that reach factor. Plus they have plenty of weight in the swing.
I'd really appreciate it if all you dagger and short-sword users could just not turn the battlefield into a pokefest whenever someone shows up with an ultra-greatsword i.e. me

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#19 Post by Hulk10 »

ActiveRadarIsCasul wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:49 am I mean broadswords and shortswords are great and all, but zweihanders have that reach factor. Plus they have plenty of weight in the swing.
Longswords also have the reach. But they can hack and stab too.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

ActiveRadarIsCasul
New Citizen

#20 Post by ActiveRadarIsCasul »

I mean a zweihander is just a subvariant of the longsword so same factors apply, and it was historically used for hacking and stabbing despite being built to counter pikes

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#21 Post by Hulk10 »

I see long swords were also called hand and a half swords.

ActiveRadarIsCasul
New Citizen

#22 Post by ActiveRadarIsCasul »

"Welcome back to, 'Bits of Useless Trivia!' I'm your host, The Active Radar Hater! We've got a roaring show for you today, folks! Lets see whats in store:"

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by Hulk10 »

Hmmmm should I take offense to that smart remark and scratch you or let it slide.

ActiveRadarIsCasul
New Citizen

#24 Post by ActiveRadarIsCasul »

Don't make me bust out overused copypastas

(it was kind of a dig on the last 4 messages on this thread but kek)

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by Hulk10 »

ActiveRadarIsCasul wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:45 am Don't make me bust out overused copypastas

(it was kind of a dig on the last 4 messages on this thread but kek)
Kindly refrain from making fun of my statements.

ActiveRadarIsCasul
New Citizen

#26 Post by ActiveRadarIsCasul »

I would attempt to dig myself out of this hole but I'm concerned i would just fall into another one two feet away

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#27 Post by Hulk10 »

Probably so we could take the discussion in another direction. Or back to the original point. As a Keidran I'd live in maybe the boreal forests, or maybe the mountains.

Rafe
Council Member

#28 Post by Rafe »

Hulk10 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:47 pm Zweihander? What's that?
A Zweihänder? You know, a Beidhänder, a Doppelhänder, like the Landsknechte used at the time of Maximilian I. Everybody knows that.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#29 Post by Hulk10 »

Rafe wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:08 am
Hulk10 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:47 pm Zweihander? What's that?
A Zweihänder? You know, a Beidhänder, a Doppelhänder, like the Landsknechte used at the time of Maximilian I. Everybody knows that.
I wouldn't call that common knowledge, just as I wouldn't call it common knowledge that crocodiles and alligators are different.

ActiveRadarIsCasul
New Citizen

#30 Post by ActiveRadarIsCasul »

it has been revived

partially anyway