Twokinds Governments

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

goldgardian

Twokinds Governments

#1 Post by goldgardian »

So still working away at my lovely little D&D homebrew for Twokinds, and I'm wondering/wanting clarification about a few things related to the various governments, rulers and organisations

How exactly is the Human Kingdom run? (other than very poorly for letting the Templar take control)

What's the deal with the western/eastern Basitin? are they at odds? allies? the same kingdom, just westerners are looked down upon and treated as second class citizens?

Thanks to Reni, we know that Dragons have a princess, so by that logic, they must have a king/queen/kingdom? how does that figure in?

The Templar were once just a really prominient mage's guild, so how do guilds work exactly? just like in the times of yore?

Keidran life:
Wolves, dogs and foxes live in villages and towns, hidden away in the forest and such, while tigers are nomads? or are the foxes (basing this from Mike's little vision of himself running around with a spear and loincloth, back when he and Evals where discussing being freed) more nomadic as well? do they farm? or are they a more hunter-gather style society

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: Twokinds Governments

#2 Post by Hulk10 »

Seems to me that the Basitins have a militaristic government and the humans have a oligarchy due to the Templar. The Keidran live in tribal communities and as for the dragons they don't really have any form of government.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Humans: Puppet monarchy. The Templars were de-facto goverment long before the current monarch was assasinated. The human nobility is cross-breed with dragons. These dragon royals are only recognized by the human authorities and the tittle meanst nothing to most dragons.
Basitin: Militaristic society. They seem ordered to the point of fault. Bee-like sometimes. Eastern and westenr are implied to have fought a few times. Nothing clear. (Has anything beeen clear up to this point in the comic?)
Templars: For what we know, the Templars were formed once the humans meet the Keidran* to ""protect"" their settlers against the """canid hordes""" they ammassed power over time until becoming the most powerfull entity on the kingdom. Top dow level hierarchy with a Grandmaster and a council. Not much else is known about the internal workings of the organization.

*Pieced together from Tom´s old comments on the archive. Remains to be clarified in the comic and is subject to change without notice.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#4 Post by Hulk10 »

It would be nice for him to elaborate on this.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#5 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:18 pm It would be nice for him to elaborate on this.
Tom ellaborate abut anything on his comic? Yeah like that can happen.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by Hulk10 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:33 am
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:18 pm It would be nice for him to elaborate on this.
Tom ellaborate abut anything on his comic? Yeah like that can happen.
Lets be respectful towards him. We do love his comics after all.