plans for book 4?

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

Qwe304
Citizen

plans for book 4?

#1 Post by Qwe304 »

I was wondering if tom has plans to put out a fourth book soon, he certainly has the material for it.
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

Re: plans for book 4?

#2 Post by Dadrobit »

Sorry, but don't hold your breath.

Yeah, another book is confirmed of course, but it took Tom about four years from book two to get through book three which only just came out a few months ago. Now with his workload drastically increased due to his Patreon duties, he'll have less time than ever to clean up his old comics for print.

So if I were you, I'd just try to forget about it for a while and be pleasently surprised whenever he does announce the next volume, actively waiting for it will just be torturing yourself.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#3 Post by Neutral Smith »

The last page of book 3 says 'to be continued', and the last chapter in that book is chapter 10, so I guess a big 'yes'.

But I am patient enough to wait for books 4-5-6 to come as a bundle, with another art book :P
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#4 Post by NiWo21k »

Like the others already said, there sure will be one, but not in the near future :wink:

@Neutral Smith
Or Tom could go the way like one of my favorite stories was published: an over 1.000 page long compendium. Ok its nearly immpossible to read without an stand, its extremly heavy and a possible weapon, but its all in one book :D And an Vol.2 art book would be great idea. I was surprised how much i liked the last one :)
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by avwolf »

I would expect an Omnibus (even if it likely will be a multivolume one) to wait until after the comic has run its course. Now that Tom's started to release smaller books, he'll probably stick with the small ones until the end of the comic's run, and then release an omnibus collection. That's what I figure anyway. Probably will be a few years before we see Book 4. We'll know well ahead of time, because Tom will probably start streaming/publishing on Patreon some of the cleaned up panels. (Though there will probably not be as many comics needing as much work from now on, which will certainly help get the book released more quickly).