Keidran Genetics

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Keidran Genetics

#1 Post by Hulk10 »

What if Keidran's had some human DNA? I realize Twokinds is full of magic so human DNA wouldn't matter.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: Keidran Genetics

#2 Post by Hayate »

Well I guess we will find out when Flora has her baby! That should be an even mix of human and keidran DNA. I'm curious to see what the child looks like, though I do already have some idea. It will be interesting to see the changes in lifespan and aging rate too though.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by minime »

To be honest, all living things will share some DNA, you can't really call it human DNA without talking about the whole DNA that human's have, but it's very likely that just like in real life, they share some DNA that is similar or even matching the humans

goldgardian

#4 Post by goldgardian »

If we're going to get all scientific, then we had best know the facts:
humans and keidran are different species, each of which (assuming evolution, was the culprit and not just Divine Poof-ing) evolved on separate landmasses, and while they all share similar characteristics, such as being bipeds, and keidran/basitin having fur, each is a separate species. to make a comparison to our world, a capuchin and a baboon cannot produce offspring...through natural means. this is where things get interesting, through the use of magic we know (thanks to the dragon masquerade) that one living thing can be turned into another living thing, we also know that the reason Trace was able to impregnate Flora was due to magical intervention (on the part of that mask-thing), thus we can assume that magic is necessary to successfully crossbreed two species. (an example of this in other fantasy stories is D&D's Owlbear, a creature assumed to have been created by some mad wizard). However we know from the characters of Kathrine and Clovis, that interbreeding between Keidran tribes (Fox, Wolf, Cat) is possible, this seems to contradict the notion that magic is need for interbreeding between species. There is a major difference though, Trace and flora are different species, humans having evolved on a separate landmass from keidran, while the various keidran tribes are more genetically similar, to use a real world analogy, it's more similar to how a lion and a tiger can interbreed, though under natural circumstances unlikely, Kathrin was born from two slaves, who had been paired by humans in order to create offspring with specific traits. dispite how the keidran are refered to as wolf keidran or tiger keidran, one must remember that they are all one species, with various subraces displaying different traits. In conclusion, we can say that a human could not naturally have keidran DNA, though, through magic anything (short of raising the dead) is possible

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#5 Post by TorqueEffect »

Well if what Tom has said in the past is true. (Outside the comic)

The Individual races were created by the masks as 3k-4k years before the start of the comic, but evolution after creation is canon for whatever that is worth.
I don't completely agree with the creationism backstory Tom has give this world, but who am I to argue, it's his world. :P

But I don't think we will really know until the story is expanded further.

I can't wait until we get to see Flora and Trace's baby, that's going to be a massive plot point, and probably a deciding factor in the war.

But unless there is a significant time skip, I think it will be many years of waiting until we actually get to that point, considering most of the comic updates this year have been inside Trace's Estate, and nothing has really gone on other than some hijinx between Keith and Natani possibly bumping uglies, and Trace touching Flora's secret spot. (It's not as dirty as it sounds, I swear!)

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#6 Post by Hulk10 »

We all have our theories and its possible that keidrans do have similar DNA to humans. But who knows? And of course there is fanfiction. But I am interested in seeing what Tom has in store.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#7 Post by Neptune »

Hulk10 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:55 am What if Keidran's had some human DNA? I realize Twokinds is full of magic so human DNA wouldn't matter.
Well, that makes quite a bit of sense. I personally think that the three Mekkanian (Mekkanese?) species had one common ancestor, with the Proto-Human/Keidran split happening first and Basitins splitting from humans later.

They certainly do share a lot genetics, since the ability between species to mate was simply suppressed by a biological switch.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Paatsama

#8 Post by Paatsama »

Neptune wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:20 am I personally think that the three Mekkanian (Mekkanese?) species had one common ancestor, with the Proto-Human/Keidran split happening first and Basitins splitting from humans later.
Could I get more details, and arguments for the theory? Please?

Neptune
Master

#9 Post by Neptune »

Paatsama wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:18 am
Neptune wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:20 am I personally think that the three Mekkanian (Mekkanese?) species had one common ancestor, with the Proto-Human/Keidran split happening first and Basitins splitting from humans later.
Could I get more details, and arguments for the theory? Please?
I have a post in the Rant board, but I'm too lazy to copy paste it lmao

Paatsama

#10 Post by Paatsama »

Apparently you are also not familiar with the concept of hyperlinking? :roll:

Neptune
Master

#11 Post by Neptune »

Paatsama wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:04 am Apparently you are also not familiar with the concept of hyperlinking? :roll:
"Lazy cyka who cannot move for the entire day"

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#12 Post by Schrodinger »

Neptune wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:20 am
Hulk10 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:55 am What if Keidran's had some human DNA? I realize Twokinds is full of magic so human DNA wouldn't matter.
Well, that makes quite a bit of sense. I personally think that the three Mekkanian (Mekkanese?) species had one common ancestor, with the Proto-Human/Keidran split happening first and Basitins splitting from humans later.

They certainly do share a lot genetics, since the ability between species to mate was simply suppressed by a biological switch.
From Tom, evolution did not happen in this world. That being said, genetics is still apparently a thing. Looking at you, Kathrin.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Neptune
Master

#13 Post by Neptune »

Schrodinger wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:03 am

From Tom, evolution did not happen in this world. That being said, genetics is still apparently a thing. Looking at you, Kathrin.
: (

That being said, isn't most of the stuff in the comic B-Canon before c. 2008?

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Dadrobit »

Neptune wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:27 pm

No, everything in-comic is 100% canon. It's just the stuff that Tom has said on the forums prior to around 07-08 is not guaranteed to be canon. Though even some of that still is including this post in particular. Just got confirmation on that a few months back.

The rule is there to get rid of stuff like the Templar originally being created with the intention of protecting humanity and killing any keidran they see.

Neptune
Master

#15 Post by Neptune »

Dadrobit wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 pm
Neptune wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:27 pm

No, everything in-comic is 100% canon. It's just the stuff that Tom has said on the forums prior to around 07-08 is not guaranteed to be canon. Though even some of that still is including this post in particular. Just got confirmation on that a few months back.

The rule is there to get rid of stuff like the Templar originally being created with the intention of protecting humanity and killing any keidran they see.
Oh. I guess my theory went down the drain.