Not furry

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

minime
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Not furry

#31 Post by minime »

Just normal things, do dance events, go to art stalls, get art done at conventions if artists are doing any, some do fursuit parades (which is like costume shows in other conventions) and then parties and some other events based on who hosts the convention

Shar
Citizen

#32 Post by Shar »

Yeah :grin:

The con in Pittsburgh is actually pretty amazing and i would have to agree that the Furry Fandom is probably even more open and accepting than most. Part of that is probably due to the fact that there is no Cannon vs Non-Cannon. The only truly binding factor in the Furry Fandom is an appreciation of anthropomorphic art. If you like that and you want to be in then you are... No one owns the Genera and everyone who wants to contribute can do so freely without the binding red tape and copyrights that someone wanting to contribute to say Star Trek or Star Wars would have.

Granted you still cant steal peoples stories or characters but you can come up with your own without issue.

ThunderVolt wrote:Define "what every other fandom does". That's loose there, and I want to be sure.
Yeah, like they said, dances, costume/fursuit contests, Art exhibits, dealers, socializing with other fans. Despite the stereotype there isn't much people do that is "weird" at the cons as long as you take into account that it is a convention so people dress up. The truth is however that your not really going to find anything in the Furry fandom that is any stranger than what you find in other fandom... or even different for that matter... Most (and i mean the Vaaaaast majority) furies don't yiff and aren't perverts or zoophiles either. Despite this however, the fandom still gets a lot of hate for things it generally doesn't even do.

Quick Addendum here!
ThunderVolt wrote:furry haters get triggered because of their lifestyle.
Really furry lifestyle is not any different than any other fans, its just that we dress up as Anthros instead of Klingons at our conventions. :wink:

Good youtube video explaining a lot. https://youtu.be/U6bqiEa6kd8

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#33 Post by Neptune »

I'm not lol
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Catmeowir
Banned
Banned

#34 Post by Catmeowir »

eh I first thought this forum was going to be cancer but it is not.
Party like if it was 1941.

Neptune
Master

#35 Post by Neptune »

Catmeowir wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:16 am eh I first thought this forum was going to be cancer but it is not.
I was expecting this forum to be the same as the patron and twitter comment sections, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#36 Post by Neutral Smith »

A very strict moderation that kicks out all the extremes helps a lot with keeping this a nice place for all kinds of people.

I identify myself as a normal human male, but I really don't care to who or what I am talking to. As long as you are nice to me I am also nice.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Catmeowir
Banned
Banned

#37 Post by Catmeowir »

Neptune wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:17 pm
I was expecting this forum to be the same as the patron and twitter comment sections, but I was pleasantly surprised.
[/quote]
This is the first time I have read a "?furry?" comic.
Party like if it was 1941.

Neptune
Master

#38 Post by Neptune »

Neutral Smith wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:03 am A very strict moderation that kicks out all the extremes helps a lot with keeping this a nice place for all kinds of people.

I identify myself as a normal human male, but I really don't care to who or what I am talking to. As long as you are nice to me I am also nice.
I was more so talking of the "cringe factor" (e.g. Raine is my Girlfriend, people who want to insert OCs into the comic, terrible spelling, etc.). Then I discovered Yttrium and now I believe the TK Fandom is intrinsically bad. Not that the majority of people are bad, though.

Paatsama

#39 Post by Paatsama »

(If I may return to the original topic:)

I was a fan of several "funny animal" comics, from Freddy Milton’s Woody Woodpecker stories to Waller & Worley’s Omaha the Cat Dancer, years before I first heard of a "furry" subculture.

Nowadays there are contexts where I use something like a fursona when I hang out with furries online, because I’ve made friends with a bunch of them. It feels as natural as it would feel to create a healer or paladin character if I communicated with Dungeons and Dragons players on a regular basis.

But somehow I think I still do not get the essence of what identifying as a furry means. And I have never been interested in wearing a fursuit; there are so many more interesting cosplay ideas, and I don’t get much chance to do even those.

So... not furry?

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#40 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Paatsama wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:43 amBut somehow I think I still do not get the essence of what identifying as a furry means. And I have never been interested in wearing a fursuit; there are so many more interesting cosplay ideas, and I don’t get much chance to do even those.

So... not furry?
Shar wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:59 amDo you like anthropomorphic art? if yes your a furry if no than you are not a furry.
The one thing I would add that has been stated before is that I wouldn't call someone a furry unless they call themselves a furry. No one should be labeled as being in a fandom unless they want to be.
Also, as stated before, having a fursona is common but not required, and owning a fursuit is actually rare (Probably because of how expensive they are. I could buy like, 5 XBox One Xs for the price of one suit) so one doesn't need to worry about those when deciding if they want to be a furry or not.
avwolf wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:53 pm-snip-
This is probably one of the best explanations ever of the differences between otherkin and furries. I've tried explaining it to an IRL friend. I think now he just does it to annoy me.

I am a scalie, though my 'sona is a feral European dragon (4 legs, 2 wings, not anthro) because I am obsessed with dragons, but I do like furry art and that's really about it. I know and accept I am a human irl. This is just a thing I enjoy, like people enjoy anime or Star Wars. Personally I enjoy the larger variety of species and designs over non-furry art

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#41 Post by Hulk10 »

I'd say I'm a Furry.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#42 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I identify myself as an attack helicopter...

I will stop myself right there since that joke is older than Twokinds itself and is no longer funny. (Never was In my opinion)

Back to topic, no i do not consider myself furry. but after 1000 or so pages of Two-kinds i can't say i do not enjoy antrho art. Yet i do not have any other account in some furry site like furaffinity and my only source of art is very uncommon searches in DeviantArt (Though there is a LOT of furry material there so it is kinda hard to dodge even when trying).
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide