Annual Forum Awards

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Annual Forum Awards

#31 Post by TinyVoices »

SperoWolf wrote:
The Rookie wrote:I'd be down for this kind of thing.

I'm fairly thick skinned, so you can probably get away with a few 'taking the piss' awards.
So if we're the only thick-skinned ones, I'll have to write the taking the piss awards just directed at us. Let's fight to see who gets the most!
You guys take the piss, even when Midnight is the one doing a water sport. I'm sorry

Aight, so how many people do we have so far, and how many ideas for awards do we have so far?

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#32 Post by TinyVoices »

SperoWolf wrote:*feels like I missed the joke

I haven't written any down, as of yet. Still waiting on a mod to do more than make dumb fruit jokes(?)
He plays water polo. A literal water sport. But yeah hurrdurr watersports.

And uh, wut. Fruit jokes?

And again, I ask if anyone has asked a mod. I'll just take the initiative and link Yash to the OP now. Even if he's aware, that way we can stop pondering if they're even aware of the thread's existence.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#33 Post by jacobc62 »

I guess I'm in.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Warrl
Grand Templar

#34 Post by Warrl »

Put me down as having a negative amount of interest in this idea.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#35 Post by TinyVoices »

TinyVoices wrote:I'll just take the initiative and link Yash to the OP now.
Yash wrote:Nothing has been brought to my attention yet, no.
SperoWolf wrote:If no mods are gonna give this a yes or no...
Unless you recently PM'd a mod, I don't think they actively search out [censored] on the forum.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#36 Post by Bellhead »

SperoWolf wrote:Maybe they just ignore the forum and go off of reported posts, and that's why their response time is so high. Either way, I'd just expected them to be active going around the boards
They don't actively search for trouble. They notice, sometimes, as I've seen Yash comment on how civil some discussions have remained, but in general, they tend to rely on PM's and reports.

So yeah, shoulda sent a PM. I for one thought that's what you did.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Yash
Administrator

#37 Post by Yash »

SperoWolf wrote:
TinyVoices wrote:Unless you recently PM'd a mod, I don't think they actively search out [censored] on the forum.
I wasn't under that impression. Usually, the instant something goes south, they appear like you just said Beetlejuice three times.

Maybe they just ignore the forum and go off of reported posts, and that's why their response time is so high. Either way, I'd just expected them to be active going around the boards

There are only a handful of active staff members, and all of us have lives and jobs. None of us have time to sit and read every thread, we mainly rely on reports and PMs. To assume otherwise is quite silly.

So long as the awards are free of any negative connotations and you guys get the permission of any nominees before listing them, you guys can do this so long as one of the awards is "Most wrong about the forum staff" and the award goes to Spero.
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#38 Post by avwolf »

SperoWolf wrote:Eh, I could list at least seven members who post once in every thread. I thought you guys might be as nerdy as we are :p
Most of us used to be. :P That "lives and jobs" thing Yash mentioned gets to be more and more inconvenient every year. *grin*

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#39 Post by Schrodinger »

avwolf wrote:
SperoWolf wrote:Eh, I could list at least seven members who post once in every thread. I thought you guys might be as nerdy as we are :p
Most of us used to be. :P That "lives and jobs" thing Yash mentioned gets to be more and more inconvenient every year. *grin*
Ain't that the truth.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#40 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I'll participate, why not.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#41 Post by kiabugboy »

SperoWolf wrote:Oh [censored], I should probably get on this, huh?

I'll give three days for any other people who have yet to state interest before making the thread. Once the thread is up, only the people who have elected to be involved can be voted for. Here's the list of members who've stated they wish to be involved

Bellhead
Butterscotch
Fawkes
Frogsteaks
Frozenslime
Fubar De Lizzy
Jacobc62
Midnightblink
Minime
Moonsticks
Rebob
Rookie
Schradieck
Sperowolf
Tinyvoices

If you are not on this list in three days time, you cannot be voted for (but can still vote).

Also, as stated before, for the "Most missed member" slot (given to inactive members who are missed), that single award will obviously be eligible for those who have not registered. Furthermore, I assume mods/Tom are fair game without having to register?

I'm giving this three days because the thread itself has been open for awhile, but the actual voting will have a week. A few people posted positive/neutral things on this thread without stating they wished to join, so if you are not on the list be sure to say you wish to be eligible down below. I'm going to go start the awards thread to make sure everyone sees this
dang, all of my friends are on that list.
might as well try to join :D

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#42 Post by Vintage »

Hm, I've been following this since the beginning and I guess it'll be fun to participate in.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

musicgeek
Apprentice

#43 Post by musicgeek »

I'm sure that I stated my interest in this earlier in this thread, but anyways, add me to the list.
oh god what do i put here

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#44 Post by Envy661 »

Color me interested I guess. I'd like to be included. Is there going to be a "Biggest [censored]" category?
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#45 Post by TinyVoices »

Envy661 wrote:Is there going to be a "Biggest [censored]" category?
I can think of at least 6 forumites off of the top of my head who'd be in the running. (Myself included)

But of course that isn't exactly an award we want to give out. Maybe tone it down a bit and call it the "Scratchiest Plush of the Bunch" kind of award. S:P