Seraphina

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

Narath

Seraphina

#1 Post by Narath »

So far, I love the new antagonists, Seraphina in particular (I've always loved anything to do with dragons). However, I've been reading a book named after the main character, a young woman also called Seraphina, who happens to be half dragon.
I was wondering if you purposefully referenced the book 'Seraphina' with this new character, or if it was just a coincidence.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: Seraphina

#2 Post by The Rookie »

It's probably a coincidence.

Seraphina is a Hebrew name which translates to 'Fiery-winged', which seems like a perfect name for a dragoness. Chances are that both writers had the same idea.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

gertok9
Master

#3 Post by gertok9 »

The Rookie wrote:It's probably a coincidence.

Seraphina is a Hebrew name which translates to 'Fiery-winged', which seems like a perfect name for a dragoness. Chances are that both writers had the same idea.
Actually, Tom stated that Seraphina was the inspiration for Sarah
Unofficial editor/proofreader of Twokinds
How triggered are you right now?

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#4 Post by The Rookie »

gertok9 wrote:Actually, Tom stated that Seraphina was the inspiration for Sarah
My mistake.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Narath

#5 Post by Narath »

It's probably a coincidence.

I had no idea about that. Thank you for the information.
Thank you for confirming that for me. I am a huge fan of both stories, and now I am even more eager to see how Thomas will play out his own Seraphina.

amenon
Grand Templar

#6 Post by amenon »

gertok9 wrote:

Did he?
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by avwolf »

amenon wrote:
gertok9 wrote:

Did he?
I don't know why you didn't bother linking Tom's exact words, amenon. ;) To wit: "Sarah" is short for "Seraphina." Like The Rookie said, chances are both writers had the same idea. Creative convergence is more common than call outs, to be honest.

amenon
Grand Templar

#8 Post by amenon »

avwolf wrote:I don't know why you didn't bother linking Tom's exact words, amenon. ;) To wit: "Sarah" is short for "Seraphina." Like The Rookie said, chances are both writers had the same idea. Creative convergence is more common than call outs, to be honest.
Such a display of cynicism! I thought there might have been another source, say, on twitter perhaps :P

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by avwolf »

amenon wrote:
avwolf wrote:I don't know why you didn't bother linking Tom's exact words, amenon. ;) To wit: "Sarah" is short for "Seraphina." Like The Rookie said, chances are both writers had the same idea. Creative convergence is more common than call outs, to be honest.
Such a display of cynicism! I thought there might have been another source, say, on twitter perhaps :P
If you've got a Twitter comment to link to, you can do that too, you know. :P Not being a twitterer or whatever coarse language variation one may choose to utilize, I really don't keep up on Tom's Twitter comments very effectively myself.

amenon
Grand Templar

#10 Post by amenon »

avwolf wrote:Not being a twitterer or whatever coarse language variation one may choose to utilize, I really don't keep up on Tom's Twitter comments very effectively myself.
Nor do I! And so we are back to my original question of 'Did he?' :P

gertok9
Master

#11 Post by gertok9 »

amenon wrote:
avwolf wrote:Not being a twitterer or whatever coarse language variation one may choose to utilize, I really don't keep up on Tom's Twitter comments very effectively myself.
Nor do I! And so we are back to my original question of 'Did he?' :P
And the answer to the original question is a no. All I know is what he told me
Unofficial editor/proofreader of Twokinds
How triggered are you right now?

Narath

#12 Post by Narath »

I am thinking that is is more of a coincidence now myself. Unless we learn that she is normally a really good person, I don't think there's much of a chance for her to be based off the character from the book I was reading. The Serephina from that one was often described as prickly, but she was very kind overall.
Tom's Serephina is just all kinds of angry. If she resembles any character in the book "Serephina" it would probably be Janoulla. Or Dame Ocra.