Guys vs Girls

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

Are you a guy or a girl?

Male.
84%
Female.
6%
Identify as a male
No votes
Identify as a Female
9%

Total votes: 32

midnightblink
Council Member

Re: Guys vs Girls

#31 Post by midnightblink »

Twippit wrote:I really don't see the harm in adding an "other" option, especially since these four are really not very inclusive.
Eh, personally it's not that big a deal to me. I would technically fit in the "other" column, but I usually go by my physiological sex anyways, because I really don't care about my psychological gender and neither do most people. I know a lot of people do care, and I fully support whatever other people choose for themselves, but to me, my "gender" means about as much to me as my eye color, maybe even less because I quite like my eyes.
Primum Non Nocere

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#32 Post by Dadrobit »

TinyVoices wrote:
FishWeave wrote:There's so many guys on the forum. Me being a guy doesn't even the numbers on the pole... but since the pole lacks every gender option then I guess it's not a fully accurate one.
Really I'd prefer it just sticking with the 4 basics. If anything. Mainly just because I don't even use gender pronouns, as it obviously creates such an ugly mess of things and if you assume something then you're suddenly worse than Hitler. See figure 1; Spero.
Godwin's Law! :mrgreen:

Just a dude here.

For the record, unless you have a clearly male/female avatar as your profile pic, and or have it clearly stated in your signature that you are male/female and prefer to be referred to one or another as such, you have exactly zero foundation for getting angry or emotional against another person for assuming that you are one way or another simply based off of speech patters that they may or may not have observed in previous posts.

Folks have a hard enough time detecting sarcasm over text, much less whether or not you want to be called him or her.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#33 Post by TinyVoices »

Dadrobit wrote:Godwin's Law! :mrgreen:
Ha! I was also thinking of this general trend (Language warning) that's been going on the past couple years.
Dadrobit wrote:Folks have a hard enough time detecting sarcasm over text, much less whether or not you want to be called him or her.
True, not to mention even if you mention something in a post, doesn't mean someone will ever see that post. So you could announce your gender somewhere on here, and a majority of people will never see that post. So, yeah, be nice and try to stay sorta neutral until you can prove otherwise.

Also: yeah, this is the internet. Recall the age old GIRL acronym? Guy In Real Life. Note that at this point, 30 out of 32 (about 93%, so pretty close to a 95% certainty rule) responders to this poll are biologically male. Thin ice, but what I mean is it isn't too far off to assume most people on this forum are indeed guys, one way or another. The guys who then decide that they aren't happy with what they were born with, go off to make up that respective category on the poll.

I am actually peacefully interested in knowing more about this "other" option for genders. How does gender fluid feel like? What does it mean to be undecided on the topic of gender?

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#34 Post by Twippit »

C'mon guys, this is getting pretty insensitive, not to mention against the rules. Rules as stated:
Yash wrote:2. Do not post images or comments that contain explicit, obscene or vulgar content. Racial and sexual slurs are grounds for an immediate ban, without warning.
2.1. Posts with the sole purpose of flaming another person will be removed. This is a forum open to many different ideas, cultures and communities. If you have a disagreement, express it with the same level of dignity and respect you would expect to receive. Debates and discussions are welcome. Flaming and unbridled hatred are not.
Let's stop derailing this thread.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

midnightblink
Council Member

#35 Post by midnightblink »

TinyVoices wrote:I am actually peacefully interested in knowing more about this "other" option for genders. How does gender fluid feel like? What does it mean to be undecided on the topic of gender?
Well, I can't speak for gender fluidity, but I would be considered agender. I don't feel any sort of dedication to a psychological gender as other people seem to feel. To me, saying I have a binary gender is saying that a trait that is purely physical to me effects who I am as a person. It's like a blond person saying they don't feel blond because they're smart. Of course, I fully support whatever choices other make when it comes to how they feel about their bodies, but that's how I feel about my gender.
Primum Non Nocere

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#36 Post by TinyVoices »

SperoWolf wrote:
midnightblink wrote: Well, I can't speak for gender fluidity, but I would be considered agender. I don't feel any sort of dedication to a psychological gender as other people seem to feel. To me, saying I have a binary gender is saying that a trait that is purely physical to me effects who I am as a person. It's like a blond person saying they don't feel blond because they're smart. Of course, I fully support whatever choices other make when it comes to how they feel about their bodies, but that's how I feel about my gender.
I've always been curious about transgenders and gender fluid people.[...] Oh, my curiosity is simply burning
He did say agender, but I think the main idea still... kinda stands. But maybe talking about genders and sexes is off topic. I just don't know how else we can talk about the Gender distribution on the forum- which is what this topic is originally about.

Yash
Administrator

#37 Post by Yash »

Well the egg sure is on my face for letting this one stay unlocked.
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie