So what introduced you to twokinds?

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: So what introduced you to twokinds?

#31 Post by Bellhead »

Yeah, what makes them so bad? Personally, I love the idea that there are creatures with human intelligence, with increased physical abilities such as speed, strength, hearing, smell, maybe even sight, and to have built-in claws for self-defence.. The list goes on. And as far as behavior goes, what's wrong with being a little more enthusiastic?

And another note: If I had a beautiful coat of fur, even being a guy, I'd probably want to show it off. I'd be proud of it.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Bachaddict
Apprentice

#32 Post by Bachaddict »

Whatever you hate about them, there are sure to be people calling themselves furries that aren't like that.
|This box is too sm|

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#33 Post by justanUltramarine »

I was playing Team fortress 2 and the first time some guys were just talking about the plot and characters . Then on the server on guy used this spray Image so i decided to check it out . 11/10 best decision ever.

UnnamedSG

#34 Post by UnnamedSG »

Bachaddict wrote:Whatever you hate about them, there are sure to be people calling themselves furries that aren't like that.
I dislike the idea of having sex with pets, even if they have a more humanoid appearance

Aka, I don't like how just about about every furry thing involves some type of sex

even twokinds has it, i just treat the other races as other races irl (blacks, whites, asians etcetc) rather than animals

Bachaddict
Apprentice

#35 Post by Bachaddict »

UnnamedSG wrote:
Bachaddict wrote:Whatever you hate about them, there are sure to be people calling themselves furries that aren't like that.
I dislike the idea of having sex with pets, even if they have a more humanoid appearance

Aka, I don't like how just about about every furry thing involves some type of sex

even twokinds has it, i just treat the other races as other races irl (blacks, whites, asians etcetc) rather than animals
In that case, what you hate is a very small part of the furry fandom. Those people unfortunately are the more visible ones.
|This box is too sm|

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#36 Post by TinyVoices »

I'm pretty sure this thread already exists somewhere, but since it's existed for over a year my better question is what dug it out of the trenches?

.... Aw, I see, an ironic fur.

Bah, I can't recall which board the thread I'm looking for is, so I'll go ahead and just put us back on topic here.

OT-
I found Twokinds via a user on a funny pictures website known as Funnyjunk. The user made comments while accompanied by relevant reaction pictures of Natani. From there I learned what Twokinds was, along with various spoilers which kinda prevented me from coming into the comic unbiased. I was weary of reading a furry webcomic, however (although at this point I had been a furry for over 2 years) so I didn't really get into it until about mid-March 2011. Couple weeks later I decided to join the forum. :P

Ziggywolf

#37 Post by Ziggywolf »

I was on Instagram and I searched the hashtag furry and I found a very prevented (yet cute) comic of trace getting a "hairball" because flora was shedding. However the fur he coughed up was white, not orange. :| :shock: I was kinda weirded out at first but I loved the art style and eventually I began reading the comic and falling in love with the characters. :heart:

DragonTamer1
Apprentice
Location: Filling the skies with burning wreckage from my doomed plane

#38 Post by DragonTamer1 »

I was wandering the internet looking for something to do and I stumbled across a couple of pages of the comic. I have this weird compulsion to read every single short verse of text that's dropped in front of me (like the speech bubbles in a comic or the subtitles in an anime). I ended up reading about five pages and thinking "Wtf?" Desperate to not have a joke on the internet go over my head I searched the pages for names to Google (I ended up with Trace and Flora). That let me to the 2k homepage where I stumbled to the archive and started reading. Two days later I had finished it and was desperate for more.

The irony to this is that before 2k, I didn't read comics, I just couldn't get into them. Now I have a decent list that I actively follow.

Stoneage89
Citizen

#39 Post by Stoneage89 »

Bachaddict wrote:
UnnamedSG wrote:

In that case, what you hate is a very small part of the furry fandom. Those people unfortunately are the more visible ones.
You do have to filter through a lot of...bad stuff... to find any non suggestive Fur, unless you know where to look. I guess that kind of protects the fur community in a way, though, so places with clean fur are more peaceful and tolerant. But it also makes the furry community look like a group of really messed up people to outsiders. Anyone else got thoughts on this?

Chris
Templar

#40 Post by Chris »

Stoneage89 wrote:You do have to filter through a lot of...bad stuff... to find any non suggestive Fur, unless you know where to look. I guess that kind of protects the fur community in a way, though, so places with clean fur are more peaceful and tolerant. But it also makes the furry community look like a group of really messed up people to outsiders. Anyone else got thoughts on this?
People have a tendency of looking at anything different that they're not into as "messed up". From tattoos to comics/games to non-straight sexual orientations (and plenty more), these things were, at least originally seen as messed up, and in some cases even got defined as medical dysfunctions. But even today, you'll still find people who think people who are simply different are "messed up", and need to be cured and/or shunned.

I'm also not sure it's true that places with "clean fur" are "more peaceful and tolerant". Or rather, it's not more peaceful and tolerant because it only allows clean stuff. Such places generally have and enforce stricter guidelines, so are actually less tolerant to what they don't approve of, and don't have as large an audience. This is an important point because I find that humanity, in general, tends to get rougher edges the more people you get to interact with each other, so the smaller your community, the easier it is to weed out those with undesirable behaviors. This is not exclusive to the furry fandom.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#41 Post by Bellhead »

Stoneage89 wrote:You do have to filter through a lot of...bad stuff... to find any non suggestive Fur, unless you know where to look. I guess that kind of protects the fur community in a way, though, so places with clean fur are more peaceful and tolerant. But it also makes the furry community look like a group of really messed up people to outsiders. Anyone else got thoughts on this?
FurAffinity itself is actually quite safe for work in SFW mode. I'm sure there's more, but I hardly have time to look for art anymore... But I will say that what I did find, back when I had the time to do it, was that there was almost never a shortage of people saying that they liked a given SFW piece of furry art. And at this point in my maturity, I think I agree. If you work hard on a genuine piece of art, no matter what form, there will always be those who will love it because you worked hard on it.

As for looking really messed up to outsiders... There's not much I can say that hasn't been said before. I admit that it can act as a sort of protective shell, though I must admit I never thought of it that way. It seems more to me that it's less a barrier and more of a suburb, being a level more than a shell of the fandom. One's perception of it as a whole is which you see: the inner beauty of the non-suggestive clean art, or the outer more well-known areas of unsafe-for-work-ness. Ever since I found the clean sections, I've seen it as the true heart of the Fandom, but even now I have to wonder.. Who will triumph here? The peace of the clean or the battles that wage between the not-clean and the outside world?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Loveknowsbest
Citizen

#42 Post by Loveknowsbest »

I'm found out about TK from a reviewer on YouTube. He reviewed the first two chapters and made me interested in checking it out.

coolbreeze88

#43 Post by coolbreeze88 »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:Markiplier as well. I watched a livestream where tom made a small appearance, then a long time later in a video, Mark went into a little more detail on what Tom did and I decided to check it out.
really? there brothers interesting. although I think mark is a total prick TBH. then again most little bros usually are. :3

would the comic be about as well known without him though.... we may never know for sure.

GioeleST
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Willow

#44 Post by GioeleST »

I found the instagram profile, from there I found the discord server and from there I found the comic, then I searched for everything else.
👍

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#45 Post by Turaiel »

GioeleST wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:37 pm I found the instagram profile, from there I found the discord server and from there I found the comic, then I searched for everything else.
Do note that the Instagram and Discord servers are run by fans, not official. :karen:
Website Administrator