Can I post this suggestion?

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Can I post this suggestion?

#1 Post by Envy661 »

I think it would be cool if we could have the [censored] censorship changed to [bleep]. Just [bleep]. Nothing fancy. I've been admin of a forum before. I know it takes very VERY little work to do something like that.

So my question is, can I make this suggestion? Also, can I have all members interested in this post here in a petition-like manner in order to get this done?

I would gladly turn my curse-filter back on just to hear people [bleep] their mother[bleep]ing [bleep] out of the pure awesomeness that is the [bleep] censor.

And yes, this is a serious request.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster
Location: On top of a jelly cloud away from the evil monkey zombie ninjas who wield flaming fire swords.

Re: Can I post this suggestion?

#2 Post by ConkerBirdy »

I thought the censorship was self enforced? I had mods get up me for swearing before and had to edit my post.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3 Post by Envy661 »

ConkerBirdy wrote:I thought the censorship was self enforced? I had mods get up me for swearing before and had to edit my post.
Nope. The site has a curse-word filter you can enable and disable in your settings.

If a mod gets you for swearing, it's because you're either A) Going around the curse filter somehow. or B) They are crazy.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by SirSlaughter »

Envy661 wrote:
ConkerBirdy wrote:I thought the censorship was self enforced? I had mods get up me for swearing before and had to edit my post.
Nope. The site has a curse-word filter you can enable and disable in your settings.

If a mod gets you for swearing, it's because you're either A) Going around the curse filter somehow. or B) They are crazy.
This. They're all crazy! You hear me! CRAZY! *flails arms in the air*

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#5 Post by TinyVoices »

I feel particularly conservative about this. I have my swear filter off, but whenever someone who does have the filter on quotes someone, it will always show [censored]. Bleep is... a little silly. If not annoying, since it pays homage to that obnoxious tone on public TV.

The idea is that some people elect to have things censored, which is fine because there's no threat involved here opinion wise. If you want to swear, don't hold back. If you don't want to see swearing, turn on the filter. But the idea is that you have this choice to have things censored or not. Not toned out.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#6 Post by tony1695 »

TinyVoices wrote:I feel particularly conservative about this. I have my swear filter off, but whenever someone who does have the filter on quotes someone, it will always show [censored]. Bleep is... a little silly. If not annoying, since it pays homage to that obnoxious tone on public TV.

The idea is that some people elect to have things censored, which is fine because there's no threat involved here opinion wise. If you want to swear, don't hold back. If you don't want to see swearing, turn on the filter. But the idea is that you have this choice to have things censored or not. Not toned out.
Ooh, could people have the option to set what the [censored] thing says? I think I'd find it hilarious to see a swear-filled rant interspersed with [Somebody think of the children!]
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#7 Post by TinyVoices »

tony1695 wrote:Ooh, could people have the option to set what the [censored] thing says? I think I'd find it hilarious to see a swear-filled rant interspersed with [Somebody think of the children!]
That could work.

If it doesn't take that much resources, at least. It can't take that much space or what have you, but it's still a consideration.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#8 Post by Envy661 »

TinyVoices wrote:
tony1695 wrote:Ooh, could people have the option to set what the [censored] thing says? I think I'd find it hilarious to see a swear-filled rant interspersed with [Somebody think of the children!]
That could work.

If it doesn't take that much resources, at least. It can't take that much space or what have you, but it's still a consideration.
I concur. That's a pretty nifty idea.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq