What would you do if you became an anthro?

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

Silly Zealot
Master

Re: What would you do if you became an anthro?

#61 Post by Silly Zealot »

RobbieThe1st wrote:Take a look at the Winds of Change stories; that's exactly the premise, and the focus of the story is mainly on exactly that. There's plenty of material out there to read on that subject; and at least this bit is /decent/, if not excellent.
I really want to personally thank you for introducing me to those stories (though I'll probably go mad with how many of them I've still got left to read!)
Now, after giving it some more thought, I think turning into an antropomorphic animal character would make a sensation at antrocon! :roll:
Because not all overly religious zealots are forum trolls.

darkdigi
Traveler

#62 Post by darkdigi »

do some the things mentioned here and because i live in a small town where almost half the people who live here are related to me in some way and try to convince them to let me became the towns mascot/mystery and help hide me from the goverment yaknow like bigfoot or nesse
Freeza: Come now, I'm sure he's in a better place... Oh, who am I kidding? He's probably in Hell!
Goku: I don't know, I went to Hell once. The only real bad part was these two oiled-up German guys trying to wrestle me.
Freeza: ...are you real?

NyanNeko

#63 Post by NyanNeko »

It'd probably be miserable at best if i was the only one, because what do people do with things that are new and foreign?
Beat the crap out of them

I would be really happy if it happened to 50%+ of people

bluesteel649

#64 Post by bluesteel649 »

I would tell people to live with it and move on about my life. But my parents, who already think anthros are the devil's assistants, would go ballistic and probably try to kill me.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#65 Post by anonfox123 »

bluesteel649 wrote:I would tell people to live with it and move on about my life. But my parents, who already think anthros are the devil's assistants, would go ballistic and probably try to kill me.
Well that's depressing. Keep this in mind though: the scenario most of us are assuming here is that you're not the only one who's changed. If you really think they'd do that, at the very least running is a viable option: you will probably have allies in the event of the very likely social unrest.

And here I go again on an off-topic rant on why I don't like religion in general: I am just put off by the way it twists people's loyalties around, to the point where they firmly believe God takes priority over family, and as a result are totally OK with stabbing their mother, father, brother and/or sister in the back once they become an enemy of the religion. Bleargh. Disgusting. This isn't even a problem I have with any single religion, just all of them. #omgsocynical
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#66 Post by SirSlaughter »

I would become the first Furry president. I would then expand my borders until I ruled more than 80% of the earth. After that, I would announce world peace. Best. President. Ever.

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#67 Post by DariusL »

SirSlaughter wrote:I would become the first Furry president. I would then expand my borders until I ruled more than 80% of the earth. After that, I would announce world peace. Best. President. Ever.
I'd vote for you :)

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#68 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Same
Id still join the military... although a 6'1 wolf stickin out the rhatch of a tank would be a bit of a target....
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#69 Post by tony1695 »

MUDPUNISHER wrote:Same
Id still join the military... although a 6'1 wolf stickin out the rhatch of a tank would be a bit of a target....
They have a wolf with a gun!
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#70 Post by anonfox123 »

tony1695 wrote:
MUDPUNISHER wrote:Same
They have a wolf with a gun!
PM'd this to MUD, but just in case anyone else is interested... http://wolfteam.softnyx.net/
I don't think the developers are U.S. though, so pardon them if their english kinda sucks/storyline seems screwy.

Going back on topic, I'd probably try and self-study my physiology to an extent, to learn how to use my new form better, and start a limited knowledge-base of medical data. You know, so less scrupulous scientists won't have to do anything crazy to us...
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

basilisk79

#71 Post by basilisk79 »

figure away to cash in my life ins. invested in stable markets live off the intrest made by the investments and go to every furry cons rest of my life

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#72 Post by RedDwarfIV »

darkdigi wrote:do some the things mentioned here and because i live in a small town where almost half the people who live here are related to me in some way and try to convince them to let me became the towns mascot/mystery and help hide me from the goverment yaknow like bigfoot or nesse
Those two goals look a little contradictory to me. You can have one or the other, but being a town mascot isn't hiding you from the government. Hiding you from the government isn't letting you be town mascot.

Of course, I'm overanalysing this.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage

UnoriginalInc
Traveler

#73 Post by UnoriginalInc »

Depends on the situation if others had this happen to them.
If so:
A. Freak out untill I see another person freaking out by happenstance from my window.
B. Stay calm until the very moment I see a person freaking out from my window.
C. Hide somewhere, Form a Anthro Rights Movement (Assuming all affected rejected and all made paria socially and legaly) win rights with a long stuggle of peace movements and trying to convince everyone we are still human. Win rights, and live "Happily" ever after in a low-paying job because we are still rejected socially.
D. Deal with it.

If not:
A. Become a hermit in a cave far away.
B. Freak out until I grasp the situation and work out a plan to survive while staying hidden.
C. Same as B, Except calm.
D. Try to use this whole thing to my advantage in some logical, or non-logical way.

Also, to the secondary question of full or part anthro, I am on the fence.....
Do you have any last words?

Yes, Just three

... Okay, Moving on.

Kopaka1996
Merchant

#74 Post by Kopaka1996 »

If it happened to many people (so that furries would be normal), it would be very strange, but also cool.
I would be like "WTF!?" :shock:, until I discover it happened to other people, then I would be very happy about it :grin:.

If it happened only to me scientist would want to study me, etc. (it has been mentioned before)
My Deviantart:
http://forgotten1996.deviantart.com/
My art & sketches topic:
http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17113
My TwoKinds Italian translation:
http://2kindsita.blogspot.it/
I'm for :natani: + :keith:

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#75 Post by RobbieThe1st »

I suggest taking a look at the Paradise universe - It's actually a very good look at this concept. The premise is that every year from 1987 on, people start transforming randomly into Anthros, starting with one person and doubling every year.