What would you do if you became an anthro?

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

ZNickel
Apprentice

What would you do if you became an anthro?

#1 Post by ZNickel »

What would you do if you woke up one morning and you discovered you had turned into an anthro/furry overnight?
“The solid organic waste is about to collide with the rotational air circulation device.”

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

Re: What would you do if you became an anthro?

#3 Post by RedDwarfIV »

I've thought about this a lot - however, the context was different. I was thinking about my webcomic, and the potential for a side comic in a few years featuring what would happen if my life was actually a virtual reality simulation on a spacestation from my webcomic, and my webcomic was just elements or reality being put into the VR by the station's computers. Most importantly, I wake up to find that I'm actually a canine GELF.

However, none of that is relavent to what would happen if I woke up one morning to find I was an anthro of some description.

With myself currently on Study Leave, one of two things would happen. The first is that I wake up some time around mid-day and panic, the second is that my Mum comes into my room to wake me up early for exams and wonders what on Earth a humanoid animal is doing in my bed. 999 calls ensue.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage

Kaizure
Apprentice

#4 Post by Kaizure »

Honestly, if I woke up one morning and found I was a furry... after giving this a little more thought, I think this is what I would do.

Either:
1) Kill myself.

or

2) Wait to see if there are other furries around me.

I know #1 sounds really grim and can be insulting, but the reason for this is because of Human nature. If we became furries overnight, all kinds of scientists would want to do research on us. Anyone have the fear of needles? How much blood do you think they'd take from us every week or so to examine our genes and try to find the gene that caused us to transform suddenly overnight? Especially if it was multiple furries all showing up at once overnight. Honestly, just knowing how Humanity would react is enough to make me consider self destruction as a likely outcome.

However, if other Humans didn't react in the way I think they would and it turns out that a f-ton of other furries appeared, maybe I'd be accepted. I mean, when I get online, there are a tremendous amount of furries on the Internet. I actually wonder how much of the world's population is people that strictly believe themselves to be humans and how many think of themselves as furries. What would happen if the furries changed into real furries overnight? Definitely something to think about.
ImageImage
Choose Your Path

PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME UNLESS IT'S SOMETHING THAT REQUIRES MY IMMEDIATE ATTENTION

Havoc
Traveler

#5 Post by Havoc »

If i woke up as my character which would be immensely cool for about 10 seconds I would most likely panic lol!

Not only is the character I've played the opposite gender, so yeah definitely weird on that scale, but she's a skunk and that would come with certain obvious issues in both finding acceptance among other things :P. I'm not morbid enough to kill myself as previously stated but I may regress into a depression without support.

Thegunner18
Apprentice

#6 Post by Thegunner18 »

I think you've got to be practical when it comes to something like this. As difficult as it would be to focus properly after finding out I had completely changed overnight, the first thing I'd probably do is just convince my parents to keep quiet about it until I can think things over a lot more. That would mean not going to school for, well...ever again. There's always going to be that fear of scientists of some sort performing experiments and stuff but I'd hope all the other furries around the world would do their best to support me once they knew about it.

It'd be interesting to see how society reacts to it all. I'm guessing the newspapers would blow it way out of proportion but that's the press for you. Then again, I like Britain and think everyone here would be surprisingly supportive.
"To remember everything is a form of madness."
"Sometimes you have to let go and embrace what you've become."

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by RedDwarfIV »

I'm just thinking about how I can move my hair around. Trust me, this is relavent.

When I do it, people ask if it is a wig. I pull my hair to show them its not. They think its wierd, and then carry on with their lives.

If I became an anthro overnight, I'd suspect a lot of having to prove I'm not just wearing a fursuit would ensue.
ImageImageImage

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Chase my tail till I vomit and chase it some more.
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#9 Post by Ravenous222 »

I'd join a freak show, who's gunna ask questions there? lol
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.-Arjen Lucassen
One man's insanity is another man's reality.-Tim Burton

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by RobbieThe1st »

Take a look at the Winds of Change stories; that's exactly the premise, and the focus of the story is mainly on exactly that. There's plenty of material out there to read on that subject; and at least this bit is /decent/, if not excellent.

Tygron
Notakitty!

#11 Post by Tygron »

I'd probably freak out for a few minutes until I realized I wasn't being attacked by some wolf like demon. And then i'd probably take several pictures of myself just in case I change back so I would have proof. Then i'd probably head out to the only place I care about and have... fun.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

ZNickel
Apprentice

#12 Post by ZNickel »

If you could choose to either be a furry or a neko (human with animal features), which would you be? I'd be the full shebang, a full furry/anthro.
“The solid organic waste is about to collide with the rotational air circulation device.”

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by RedDwarfIV »

ZNickel wrote:If you could choose to either be a furry or a neko (human with animal features), which would you be? I'd be the full shebang, a full furry/anthro.
Anthro. If I was just in it for aesthetics [though that's a big part], maybe that might be an optioon for me. But there are so many more biological possibilities for anthros - running much faster than a Human could via all fours, having increased jumping ability, cold survivability through fur.

Nekos usually just get ears, a tail and possibly stripes.
ImageImageImage

Thegunner18
Apprentice

#14 Post by Thegunner18 »

ZNickel wrote:If you could choose to either be a furry or a neko (human with animal features), which would you be? I'd be the full shebang, a full furry/anthro.
For me, it'd definitely have to be the full-fledged thing. Why only have the ears or tail when you could don the whole lot? Of course, if I had to go with just ears, a tail and maybe something else then that'd be fine by me ^_^
"To remember everything is a form of madness."
"Sometimes you have to let go and embrace what you've become."

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#15 Post by TinyVoices »

Be a freak because you have a tail and animal ears, or be outcasted for being a monster? That is actually a tough one. :?

Let's say neither are threats. I think I'd look weird with ears on my head... So go big or go home. :P