How do you speak Keidran?

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

nanbari

How do you speak Keidran?

#1 Post by nanbari »

This is more because I'm a linguistics buff, but is there anything on how Keidran is spoken? Does it use unique phonology that only Keidran use? (More likely not, as we see a Basitin use the language~) How does it sound: guttural (Germanic-ish), or more flowery (like French, Italian, Romance languages)? How many dialects are there, and are they divided among subspecies, like most Wolf Keidran speak this way and Tiger Keidran speak slightly differently? Is there a writing system for Keidran, and if so, how many, because of the relative proximity to humans, who do write, there might be some influence from them.

As a side note, why did Keidran, who live pretty close to humans have a completely different language, while Basitin didn't even though they live completely separate from the mainland, or am I remembering this wrong?

Thanks in advance~

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

Re: How do you speak Keidran?

#2 Post by Neptune »

This may be just me, but I imagine Keidran being inspired by Abkhaz or Welsh, if Tom ever gets anyone to build a language for the comic or if he even cares at all.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#3 Post by Foxx Trotter »

There is already a thread in the "Comic Discussion" section of the forum regarding this topic. >> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18796
Feel free to discuss anything regarding the Keidran language there. Thanks. :)

(Someone else may have already mentioned it, but I just noticed this thread today.)
Videre videnda.

Shinigami95
Traveler

#4 Post by Shinigami95 »

Keidran is described as "growly." But, like the above post said, there's an ongoing thread dedicated to this in comic discussion. Also, Basitins do have their own native language.
"If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves." -Thomas A. Edison

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#5 Post by Neptune »

Shinigami95 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:05 am Keidran is described as "growly." But, like the above post said, there's an ongoing thread dedicated to this in comic discussion. Also, Basitins do have their own native language.
The thing is that "Keidran" is so poorly built-on that you are absolutely unable to construct even a simple non-progressive clause with it (e.g. I know, you walk).
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?